Crazy delay in the States

JayyThunder
4264 posts Big Money Move
Anyone playing in the states getting stupid delay in WL today? It’s horrible right now. Players won’t touch the ball properly, shots don’t get taken quick enough, passes don’t go where they’re supposed to be. Is it just me?

Comments

• Pewdiepie
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    That was yesterday for me. Never happened before ...but I figured it was because of the blizzard/tornado near my area.
  • SeaDawgBob
    939 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Ya I got to 14 wins and said f it. Still had 10 games left but crazy animations, bad tackles, massive button delay. Please EA do something about the US servers
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone playing in the states getting stupid delay in WL today? It’s horrible right now. Players won’t touch the ball properly, shots don’t get taken quick enough, passes don’t go where they’re supposed to be. Is it just me?

+1 +1 +1 Good god it is bad...
  • Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    All my games are against Mexicans

Always the same for me. Delay and lag galore.
  • Radraptor
    1251 posts Professional

This. Was lag galore.
  • Carlos181
    3783 posts National Call-Up

Recommend not playing at night time in the states. That’s when the Mexicans in Mexico play. They are the most meta players out there.
  • Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    Carlos181 wrote: »

Recommend not playing at night time in the states. That’s when the Mexicans in Mexico play. They are the most meta players out there.

That’s the only time some people can play though.
  • Purplejacket
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play from texas, and get matched up with players from mexico all the time. I friended one and when we play friedlies its in the red... tells you the state of this game.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up

...and it's worse for me since I am all the way up in Seattle.

• bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    Yeap the delay was insane... always matching up against Latin Americans..4 bars always..never got a 5 bar latency.. I believe they dont get delay, most North Americans suffer delays
  • JayyThunder
    Carlos181 wrote: »

God this is soo true. They’re just awful to play against

• PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »

Philadelphia 😂
  • I played WL for about two hours on Sunday night and I had no lag at all in any of the games, for whatever that's worth. I'm in Virginia.
  • JayyThunder
    I played WL for about two hours on Sunday night and I had no lag at all in any of the games, for whatever that's worth. I'm in Virginia.

What time?

• SeaDawgBob
    939 posts Professional
    Just so you European players can know what we’re going through. If someone from Seattle plays someone in Mexico City that’s the same as someone from the UK playing someone in Saudi Arabia. Sure, Ive heard it happens once in awhile but imagine if that was who you matched up with 50-75% of the time
  • Empyrium7
    2758 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can feel immediately the lag when the game start. check the name and most of the times it's Latin american name or flags. but when I play against people from NA )you can tell by the name most of the times). the game is really smooth
  • nsholmberg11
    1111 posts Professional
    Colorado here. Similar situation. Makes me wonder how few west coast fifa gamers there are
  • dabeags
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've found that you can get into a stretch where EA is connecting you to servers in London instead of the servers stateside. Assuming they use some sort of algorithm and it isn't just blind luck, I imagine it is due to the servers over there have very little load in the middle of the night, but then the network latency gets you and leads to laggy game play.

I had a stretch last week where it was unplayable for a few days and it was because I was connecting to UK based servers. This weekend I played Friday night, Saturday Night, Sunday Daytime and ha no issues with lag.

• I had two 4 game losing streaks on Saturday where the lag was unbearable
  • I played WL for about two hours on Sunday night and I had no lag at all in any of the games, for whatever that's worth. I'm in Virginia.

What time?

10pm to midnight (eastern time)
  • CFCHenri
    3397 posts National Call-Up
    That's why I've stopped playing the game. I live in Virginia, 95% of games have been horrible unless I play closer to midnight.
  • JayyThunder
    I played WL for about two hours on Sunday night and I had no lag at all in any of the games, for whatever that's worth. I'm in Virginia.

What time?

10pm to midnight (eastern time)

Yeah I stopped playing by then. I was done around 9ish CDT. I'm in Chicago
  • Nervous_Nick
    5075 posts Big Money Move
    Do not think that it's fine in Europe. I'm in italy and it's horrible over here too, it is smooth only after midnight.

• CtldChaos
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »

Philadelphia 😂

I play i two locations: Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. Playing in PIT is HORRIFIC because I am so close to the servers in N. Virginia that I am severely lagged. I imagine Philly is about the same, maybe worse.
  • CtldChaos
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    That's why I've stopped playing the game. I live in Virginia, 95% of games have been horrible unless I play closer to midnight.

Pit, Philly, an VA.... we should start the "Too Close To Servers" club....
  • SPN1987
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game has a general sluggish feel due to the crappy Frostbite engine I believe. If you add delay to the mix the game becomes unplayable anywhere in the world. I like to dribble and skill a bit but that becomes completely impossible once you have additional delay. It changes the game completely to me. Losing to people who can barely hold a controller... SIGH :s :s :s
  • SeaDawgBob
    939 posts Professional
    Hey Guys, I created a thread over on EA Answers (Dev Forum) in hopes of getting enough attention to have someone look at it. If you have a second please comment or 1up the discussion.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/USA-Players-Constantly-Matched-Up-Against-Players-from-Mexico/m-p/7219616#M12911