Community vote - Should timed shots be removed?

123457

Comments

  • Gamble
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    Just lost to a guy 5-4 and every goal was a first time green finesse with neymar or mbappe. How are you meant to do anything in these situations?

    The keeper needn't bother being there at all
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    What’s the matter about that R9 goal? He is one of the best STs in the game so he should be able to score mad goals some other players would break their legs trying to score such kind of goals. Why would you want to play with these players then? Because they can score 1v1s more consistently, ooooh that sounds fun. Would agree if it was Callum Wilson or Gabriel Jesus but prime R9, come on. Henry, Zidane, Beegkamp, Roberto Carlos, Zlatan etc. have all scored obscene goals that would be ‚unrealistic‘ according to you guys.

    About timed finishing: I‘m also in that boat that it has to go. It rewards for literally hitting B twice in a certain time frame while some other guys spend 90 minutes one touch tiki taka trying to create space in a huddle of 11 Shaquille O‘Neils in defence just for a gassed N‘golo Kanté to pop up outta nowhere and hit a 30m worldie with his left in the 90th minute. Uhm no?
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    If anyone was still on the fence about first time/timed finesse watch these bronze players just slot away worldly goals. The guy is good but the goals should not be possible with bronze with shocking shooting stats.
  • FeedTheFish
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    No
    Please change my vote
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Yes
  • krakos000
    17450 posts World Class
    Blarix wrote: »
    If anyone was still on the fence about first time/timed finesse watch these bronze players just slot away worldly goals. The guy is good but the goals should not be possible with bronze with shocking shooting stats.

    Where?
  • tilen11
    4940 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Blarix wrote: »

    Sums up how broken this really is :joy:
  • ColeWorld
    9830 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    Only the timed finesse are a problem imo. Green finesse and even van Dijk scores a 30 yard goal

    Take a green low driven or a normal shot and it's not automatically a goal. These two are fine.

    If ea can't fix the finesse one, remove it. Otherwise I like it.
  • ColeWorld
    9830 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Blarix wrote: »

    He scored a finesse where he hits red with the weak foot of a bronze player. Perfectly summed up how broken this mechanic is.
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »

    He scored a finesse where he hits red with the weak foot of a bronze player. Perfectly summed up how broken this mechanic is.

    Yup. First time finesse shots are broken.

  • Idek
    10085 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    I would say at least 80% of my goals are timed finesses from outside the box, I get no satisfaction from scoring them but I'm gonna try and win at the end of the day and they are easy goals
  • Azof
    16376 posts World Class
    Yes
    Blarix wrote: »

    Just shows how awful the game really is
  • Cantonas Collar
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    It pretty much negates finishing stats, it doesn’t create a skill gap it actually decreases it, doesn’t matter what player is being used they’re going to score most of the time when it’s green (which isn’t even difficult to do).

    It also rewards bad play, it’s way too easy to work some space outside the area and hit long shots. It’s much harder to get into the box via good passing play and create 1 on 1’s and yet the game simply doesn’t reward you for it.

  • Sercs
    18618 posts World Class
    No
    Blarix wrote: »
    Noo wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »
    Here is my take:

    I would not have issues with timed shots and them going in almost every time if the shots were taken by high rated players/high rated shooting stats. I see Kondogbia connect perfectly each time and scoring 9/10 , that to me is massively flawed.

    Time shots would be decent if players with low/bad shootings stats couldn't hit them unless clean open 1v1 with keeper.

    Yes, I can move my keeper but I want to concentrate on defending not let ai do the work while I try to be like Big Pete.

    I also play NBA 2K19 and that’s how it works there. However that’s in career mode where everyone plays with their own player and every position/archetype has their flaws. Meaning a point guard can do some crazy moves/drives/3-pointers while a Small Forward can do crazy dunks or drives and is better in defence. That makes it balanced.

    If you put the same system in FUT it’s way too much P2W. It would make skill gap almost go away. For instance someone with same skill as you but with lesser players would have no chance at all.

    EDIT: Just to add on I do agree Gullit should those type of shots more often than Kondogbia even if it makes it more P2W (or T2W in your case) but it should be done by making greens harder for Kondogbia and easier for Gullit like in NBA 2K19. It’s easier for Curry to hit a 3-pointer green than for Lebron, just like IRL. Fifa should make that function. Just make the green bar smaller for certain players than others. That would fix it all.

    This is very reasonable.

    Although I do think this is already the case in some respects as I don't care what anyone says Messi's timed finesse are better than Kante's. There is a difference.

    If both are green there is no difference.

    Without timed shot it's not even close Messi all day.

    just catching up on this thread. Kondogbia has great long shots plus finesse trait.. hes really good from the edge @Blarix
  • Sercs
    18618 posts World Class
    No
    I don't actually concede as many as people are making out here. You just have to learn that if you give Mbappe time to line up a timed finesse its probably going to go in if no press or keeper movement is made.

    One thing I like about timed finesse is it is a stride towards beating those who just AI defend all game and sit ultra deep... but then at the same time those who cannot break you down on defense can be rewarded with longshots.

    Its a real tough one as to which is the best or worst :joy:
  • RebelRob
    5012 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.
  • Azof
    16376 posts World Class
    Yes
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund
  • RebelRob
    5012 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund

    I’d be entitled to a refund based on the fact the game is a shambles, and clearly wasn’t tested properly prior to release. Points which have been proven based on the amount of changes they’ve had to do in their patches.

    Anyway, you say they should rightfully ban the account, and I agree, but you didn’t answer the question. Do they definitely ban the account? If so I may wait until after Xmas and see if I can trade to r96, if I can’t then there’s nothing keeping me playing any longer.



  • Azof
    16376 posts World Class
    Yes
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund

    I’d be entitled to a refund based on the fact the game is a shambles, and clearly wasn’t tested properly prior to release. Point which have been proven based on the amount of changes they’ve had to do in their patches.

    All online games these days do patches, so you are saying if a patch comes out 6 months down the line in say cod and you dont like it you feel entitled to a refund?

    Personally I cant see how after 67 days there would be any justification apart from the game completely not working to be given a refund
  • RebelRob
    5012 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund

    I’d be entitled to a refund based on the fact the game is a shambles, and clearly wasn’t tested properly prior to release. Point which have been proven based on the amount of changes they’ve had to do in their patches.

    All online games these days do patches, so you are saying if a patch comes out 6 months down the line in say cod and you dont like it you feel entitled to a refund?

    Personally I cant see how after 67 days there would be any justification apart from the game completely not working to be given a refund

    Patches for game breaking issues isn’t a problem, but patches to ‘improve issues’ that don’t actually improve anything is another issue.

    If I bought this game based on the demo, and it’s patched 4 times in less than 2 months making it completely different doesn’t entitle me to a refund? That’s like buying a car and within 2 months they recall it 4 times, change the suspension and engine, and now it’s a far harsher ride and slower than before. It’s not what I bought, so I’m entitled to a refund should I wish in my opinion.

    Do you think I want to hate a game I’ve played every year for 23 years? No. I want to enjoy it which is why I purchased it, but the fact of the matter is it’s a shambles, you can disagree all you like, but the amount of people on here who agree that it’s a poorly made game, baring in mind we are a hardcore following of it, speaks volumes.
  • Azof
    16376 posts World Class
    Yes
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund

    I’d be entitled to a refund based on the fact the game is a shambles, and clearly wasn’t tested properly prior to release. Point which have been proven based on the amount of changes they’ve had to do in their patches.

    All online games these days do patches, so you are saying if a patch comes out 6 months down the line in say cod and you dont like it you feel entitled to a refund?

    Personally I cant see how after 67 days there would be any justification apart from the game completely not working to be given a refund

    Patches for game breaking issues isn’t a problem, but patches to ‘improve issues’ that don’t actually improve anything is another issue.

    If I bought this game based on the demo, and it’s patched 4 times in less than 2 months making it completely different doesn’t entitle me to a refund? That’s like buying a car and within 2 months they recall it 4 times, change the suspension and engine, and now it’s a far harsher ride and slower than before. It’s not what I bought, so I’m entitled to a refund should I wish in my opinion.

    Do you think I want to hate a game I’ve played every year for 23 years? No. I want to enjoy it which is why I purchased it, but the fact of the matter is it’s a shambles, you can disagree all you like, but the amount of people on here who agree that it’s a poorly made game, baring in mind we are a hardcore following of it, speaks volumes.

    Are you specifically looking a refund for fifa points or the game itself.

    If its for fifa points its ridiculous to ask for a refund for those under any circumstance.

    If it is the game itself you should be buying physical copies
  • RebelRob
    5012 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What **** me off is that German guy banged them in, even a red one with bronzes, yet son can’t score them for me when green. I seriously don’t get this game and hate it more every day.

    Has anyone done a charge back before? Just wondering if they ban your acccount if you do it? Because I enjoy the trading aspect, but the game play is a farce.

    They should rightfully ban your account for chargeback

    Just because you dont like something doesnt entitle you to a refund

    I’d be entitled to a refund based on the fact the game is a shambles, and clearly wasn’t tested properly prior to release. Point which have been proven based on the amount of changes they’ve had to do in their patches.

    All online games these days do patches, so you are saying if a patch comes out 6 months down the line in say cod and you dont like it you feel entitled to a refund?

    Personally I cant see how after 67 days there would be any justification apart from the game completely not working to be given a refund

    Patches for game breaking issues isn’t a problem, but patches to ‘improve issues’ that don’t actually improve anything is another issue.

    If I bought this game based on the demo, and it’s patched 4 times in less than 2 months making it completely different doesn’t entitle me to a refund? That’s like buying a car and within 2 months they recall it 4 times, change the suspension and engine, and now it’s a far harsher ride and slower than before. It’s not what I bought, so I’m entitled to a refund should I wish in my opinion.

    Do you think I want to hate a game I’ve played every year for 23 years? No. I want to enjoy it which is why I purchased it, but the fact of the matter is it’s a shambles, you can disagree all you like, but the amount of people on here who agree that it’s a poorly made game, baring in mind we are a hardcore following of it, speaks volumes.

    Are you specifically looking a refund for fifa points or the game itself.

    If its for fifa points its ridiculous to ask for a refund for those under any circumstance.

    If it is the game itself you should be buying physical copies

    Yes fp only as I’ve bought them to use in UT, when it’s unplayable, so therefor I can’t use the additional content I’ve paid for so should get a refund.
  • Hero3
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Yes
    Ai defending has always been a problem since they introduced the a holding back on like Fifa 13 or whenever it was. Shooting hasn’t really been a problem. Your always gonna have people abusing the mechanics. Finding out what’s OP and just doing it all the time because the community is as cancerous as EA themselves.
    It wouldn’t be that hard to remove and see what it’s like
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 10
    Yes
    Test

    Phew.
Sign In or Register to comment.