Your reason for weekend league?!

Blaster
830 posts Professional
Can people honestly say they enjoy weekend league?? I'll be honest I do it for the packs and the red inform. So I do it to gamble on pack luck. Obviously I d9 enjoy fifa but weekend league just overall doesn't feel like what it should be.
You put on cod bf rdr2 or whatever and you enjoy it turn it off. In fifa you are grinding to get players to attempt to get better results to get better packs to get better players to get better results.

Suppose it's just the weekly moan as my team feels like a bunch of Sunday league plsyers with no ability to control the ball with 92 dribbling or being able to finish with shooting

Ah well...

Comments

• Murphdogz
    1243 posts Professional
    Less people play it this year.even less will play it next year.dont think anyone enjoys it really.
  • Blaster
    830 posts Professional
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    Less people play it this year.even less will play it next year.dont think anyone enjoys it really.

Think they need a rethink on the model. Cups would be more fun. With special player requirements using bronze silver and gold. Then just have a monthly league people can join like weekend league with like 80 games
  • Gorda
    3436 posts National Call-Up
    Best rewards for time spended. I dont play rivals or squad battles..
  • CharlieC
    5327 posts Big Money Move
    I can literally only stomach one or two games and then I turn it off for a few hours. I only played 13 last week and gave up. Gameplay is better this week but have only done 6 games so will probably only get to silver 1 again.
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can’t play more than a few games makes blood boil

Just had a game where the ai blocked so many shots I went in a ht 2-2 where he made 1 tackle
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blaster wrote: »
    Murphdogz wrote: »

Think they need a rethink on the model. Cups would be more fun. With special player requirements using bronze silver and gold. Then just have a monthly league people can join like weekend league with like 80 games

No they need to fix the game, I rarely concede a goal where I feel someone’s outplayed me with passing it’s a long shot or a rebound everytime
  • opasni_
    3651 posts National Call-Up
    I do it only for packs and coins...I don't enjoy it.

Part of me not enjoying it is dull boring stadium and weather each weekend (why is it so hard to throw few stadium at day and night without shadows) and same kits.

Basically everything is about winning and not enjoying game. You are like robot, play with same kits, same stadium...win win win..no emotions.
  • Pranav
    744 posts Semi-Pro
    Blaster wrote: »
    Can people honestly say they enjoy weekend league?? I'll be honest I do it for the packs and the red inform. So I do it to gamble on pack luck. Obviously I d9 enjoy fifa but weekend league just overall doesn't feel like what it should be.
    You put on cod bf rdr2 or whatever and you enjoy it turn it off. In fifa you are grinding to get players to attempt to get better results to get better packs to get better players to get better results.

Suppose it's just the weekly moan as my team feels like a bunch of Sunday league plsyers with no ability to control the ball with 92 dribbling or being able to finish with shooting

Ah well...

Rewards and I enjoy it more than rivals and aim is to hit elite for first time ever
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1233 posts Professional
    Rivals is awful. People playing for draws from 70 mins and bs. Wl best mode by far
  • AFC_95
    8787 posts League Winner
    When I play FIFA it's mainly for objectives or rewards but red dead is just lovely to play. I've only just stared chapter four because exploring is just fun. I wish FIFA was actually enjoyable.
  • RVN_10
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me it's better gameplay that rivals and to add some coins, top tip from me... don't take it too seriously
  • Ejne
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I enjoy more than dr to be honest
  • Navraat
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Feels good to open rewards after you wake up
  • HDouble
    2228 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rewards and coins like opening packs without spending money
  • Tomx93
    53 posts Park Captain
    I always start off well and enjoy it but I want and try to get it done on a Friday so I can enjoy my weekend. Due to playing so many in one sitting I usually only hit gold 3.

I like the rewards and the red cards but my rewards have been disgusting.
  • oldboiler
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    Packs and cards of course. I’m sure I’ll regret not playing this weekend when rewards are out Thursday morning, but would defo recommend taking a break every couple of weeks or so.
  • HullCity1904
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm starting to wonder, i've had nothing but mediocre red players... it's not really worth it
  • Tasch
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Packs and red cards, besides 86 Lacazette, I’m very disappointed.
  • dabeags
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Playing my first full WL league ever this weekend, probably won’t again. Definitely would do it for the rewards though, but frankly I don’t have the time as an adult with a family to get in 30 games on a weekend. Only doing it this weekend cause the fam is out of town.

Makes more sense for me just to spend money on packs and play rivals casually, which for the most part is what I do and I get enjoyment out of it.
  • heefmondo
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's easier than division rivals so I enjoy it more 🤣
  • Edward220967
    1448 posts Professional
    I guess I do it for the red player picks
  • Thuq
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    Think of it, if you dont want to spend cash on FP then WL is your best (if not only) shot to actually make coins & get packs.
    How i feel about WL itself is mixed, some games go smooth and alot of games it feels like EA has shat on my entire squad. I never play all of the 30 games, if i feel positive and happy i push it to 14 wins, if not i just stop at 11 for next weeks entry.
  • Goalrush
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hate it. Just went 3-0 up other team couldn't get ball first half. Came out 2nd half, my players useless. Everyone of his through balls came off and IF pickford parried 3 saves straight to the feet for tap ins. He beat me 5-3. Its so frustrating it's unreal.
  • opasni_ wrote: »
    I do it only for packs and coins...I don't enjoy it.

Part of me not enjoying it is dull boring stadium and weather each weekend (why is it so hard to throw few stadium at day and night without shadows) and same kits.

Basically everything is about winning and not enjoying game. You are like robot, play with same kits, same stadium...win win win..no emotions.

This is my reason as well. I enjoy Rivals way more but also I'm in Div. 5 so can understand why many that are in a higher division prefer Weekend League. I usually get to silver 2 or 1 and stop and play rivals.
  • CarlosJr9
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well I think the reason is pretty obvious for most people and that’s rewards...
  • MarioCM
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I enjoy WL more than rivals. D3 is full of sweat.

I actually only play maybe two or three rival games a week, and the rest is just WL.
  • Batman442
    3466 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoy WL, I find WL a challenge and it is the most enjoyable online mode in fut. Rewards are great and it helps to get division rivals rewards also (division rivals is a terrible mode) when I say rewards I mean the coins and packs, red cards are a bonus if you are lucky enough to pack a good card. And before anyone slates the rewards just remember back to FIFA 16
  • deang07
    7914 posts League Winner
    wl better than dr
  • NathanBFC94
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would like to play weekend league but I never get to play on a weekend so always miss it. I've played a few games on occasion at my mates and they are tough and stressful at times but I'd love the chance to get the rewards
  • Dead Whip
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Spent too much so I feel like I have to play it just to use my team.

Stupid really.