Happy people after the patch

Empyrium7
2763 posts Fans' Favourite
I've read a lot of threads about people being happy with the latest patch and a lot of
"AI abusers exposed"
"finally manual defending is rewarded"
and so on.

my question to you and to everyone
1) do you really feel that the AI defending was nerfed ?
2) do you feel that manual defending is rewarded after the patch ?

I've played a lot of games after the patch and I can't see any difference in AI abuse. people still running over my players from behind with CM's and CDM's and the AI controlled CB's are perfectly covering each move I make. and when I get passed the AI controlled CB's and make a shot it will be blocked or hit the post.
I'm not moaning because i'm losing. I still have the same Win to lose ratio. but I was really excited reading all the good feedback from people when I was at work and I thought I'm gonna go home and enjoy a good patch that really punish AI abuse.

Manual defending needs to be rewarded. If I'm making a tackle most of the time the ball bounce to my opponent or stick to the feet of the player with the ball. some and again some of the tackles are really satisfying and rewarded.

I'm not going to talk about constant pressure because I don't use it and I fell less people are abusing it after the patch. but I feel the stamina drain is not affecting much.

let me know your opinion about these two topics.

Comments

• Mido
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I find I am creating and scoring much more after the patch. Find it easier to hold off a player and pass round people who try to press you and run you over.

Defending I haven’t really noticed a difference to how I normally defend. Tackles still fall back to the opponent. It’s not made clear why this happens though. I could understand if it was due to using a AI defender to tackle as it would stop the constant use of the function if tackling using the AI was inconsistent, but as you say you should be rewarded for defending manually.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    The people who love this patch are the people who over the top through ball abuse or spam crosses, and they're happy that defenders are now donkeys so they can go back to their fifa 18 ways.
    Post edited by HullCity1904 on
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Mido wrote: »
    Tackles still fall back to the opponent. It’s not made clear why this happens though.
    because attackers have much higher reaction stat than defenders

• Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Can't wait for WL to finish to see where all these patch lovers have finished, did their WL rank improved that much or remained the same.

All I know is my players have become heavy trucks and passing has become bad, sometimes it doesn't even register a pass but instead does an extra touch only to still not pass it

• Geenoui
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes and no. Player switching needs fixed asap. Impossible to switch at times to fullbacks when someones playing an lb+y through ball.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    I m happy as long as they finally stop changing things on gameplay.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    thanks for the feedback everyone
    To be honest. I don't enjoy the games that I play against AI abusers. I feel i'm playing SB and it's the worst thing ever
  • tilen11
    4940 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    Nothing has changed at least imo. Game is garbage as it was before. People still run with Fabinho without selecting another player for a full match, stamina drain idk maybe it was fixed, rebounds werent fixed, ball is still constantly rebounding back to my opponents everywhere, manual defending isnt rewarding by any means.

Tbh I dont believe anything has changed with this patch :joy:
    Post edited by tilen11 on
  • madwullie
    4161 posts National Call-Up
    Navraat wrote: »
    Can't wait for WL to finish to see where all these patch lovers have finished, did their WL rank improved that much or remained the same.

All I know is my players have become heavy trucks and passing has become bad, sometimes it doesn't even register a pass but instead does an extra touch only to still not pass it

I don't really care if my position changes, I enjoy the game more and find it more rewarding now, and that's what it's all about for me.
  • Waldog94
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I normally get gold 2 and was a div 5 player since the patch i went attaight to div 3 and are currently 13 out of 16 with two pen losses
  • FifaCity16
    711 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The people who love this patch are the people who over the top through ball abuse or spam crosses, and they're happy that defenders are now donkeys so they can go back to their fifa 18 ways.

I found the AI abuser.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    whatever changes have been made do not change the fundamental feel of the game. The overriding feel that random events play too big a part has not gone. There is very little regard for mastering things other than timed shooting.

I get some fun out of it but nowhere near what I would if I felt rewarded for good play and punished for bad play - AND IT ALL ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE FOOTBALL
  • BPLOPCARDS
    65 posts Park Captain
    LOL nothing has changed what so ever. Tackling forwards with what we all know would be deemed as a solid stand tackle will fall back directly into their paths.
    AI Abuse is still a joke and will never change. People running around with a CM/CDM refusing to control any other player will never be fixed and manual defending will never be rewarded.