5698 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    ManTrain wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    Qualifiers for a million dollar tournament are going on and Daequan and Hamlinz are playing duo pubs together smh

why bother sweating a tourny when you can make ez cash streaming

I get that but as they're signed by one of the biggest esports teams in the world as pros it's pretty mad seeing them choose to not play a big tournament. Love Daequan but he can't expect anyone to take him seriously as a pro player. He's just a talented entertainer at this point

They will still get invited to participate. It is a little shocking how hard some of the bigger named players are struggling with this format though.

That's not how it works. There aren't any invited players. It's all from these qualifiers

The format is on their website if you wanna look it up.

There is a very tiny chance they leave out so many well known pros just because of this format.

Unless they do something completely different for big streamers/pros who didn’t qualify.

Finished with 18, 22, 22, and 19. Could have done better but that was the most fun I’ve had playing FN in forever.
    Qualifiers for a million dollar tournament are going on and Daequan and Hamlinz are playing duo pubs together smh

I get that but as they're signed by one of the biggest esports teams in the world as pros it's pretty mad seeing them choose to not play a big tournament. Love Daequan but he can't expect anyone to take him seriously as a pro player. He's just a talented entertainer at this point

They will still get invited to participate. It is a little shocking how hard some of the bigger named players are struggling with this format though.

That's not how it works. There aren't any invited players. It's all from these qualifiers

There is a very tiny chance they leave out so many well known pros just because of this format.

Unless they do something completely different for big streamers/pros who didn’t qualify.

Finished with 18, 22, 22, and 19. Could have done better but that was the most fun I’ve had playing FN in forever.

There is literally no way they will be just randomly inviting popular streamers. It's all based on their scores as shown on the website. There would be uproar if they suddenly changed the format. It's supposed to be as a practice to help them prepare for how they do the world cup

Ninja got 128k viewers
    Sypher 40k
    Chap 35k.

If anything, these wq would have boosted his viewership. I would have watched how he did. But he preffered playing Creative Destruction.

Yep exactly. Everyone wanted to watch them do the tournament. Daequan ended up playing it with 90 minutes to go and yet still managed to get 22 points so he's a pleb for not giving it a proper go

I find Daequan proper entertaining so when I saw him online thought I’d tune in only to see him play a duo with Hamlinz and then move to some Fortnite copy cat game. Is this what TSM expects of their players or are they just considered content creators now? I thought they were the pro team.

Tfue seems to struggle with this format, takes slow starts and backs out of fights instead of taking it on. Leaves him with poor loot and low points total per game. I know they won the duos thing in what is a similar format but Cloakzy was on fire and leading the way. In another tournament they played the slow game and didn’t place.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    I enjoyed it too @ManTrain not had much fun playing the game in recent seasons but this was a nice change
  • Choepiechakie
    31571 posts National Team Captain

There is literally no way they will be just randomly inviting popular streamers. It's all based on their scores as shown on the website. There would be uproar if they suddenly changed the format. It's supposed to be as a practice to help them prepare for how they do the world cup

Ninja got 128k viewers
    Sypher 40k
    Chap 35k.

If anything, these wq would have boosted his viewership. I would have watched how he did. But he preffered playing Creative Destruction.

Yep exactly. Everyone wanted to watch them do the tournament. Daequan ended up playing it with 90 minutes to go and yet still managed to get 22 points so he's a pleb for not giving it a proper go

I find Daequan proper entertaining so when I saw him online thought I’d tune in only to see him play a duo with Hamlinz and then move to some Fortnite copy cat game. Is this what TSM expects of their players or are they just considered content creators now? I thought they were the pro team.

Tfue seems to struggle with this format, takes slow starts and backs out of fights instead of taking it on. Leaves him with poor loot and low points total per game. I know they won the duos thing in what is a similar format but Cloakzy was on fire and leading the way. In another tournament they played the slow game and didn’t place.

Its nothing like twitchcon.
    500 cap, increased farming, 50 hp shield.

They never played the customs where epic tried the format under pros. Everyone else got a feel how to play, they never did.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited November 2018
    Not a single console player qualified btw.
  • Azof
    16626 posts World Class

as in no controller players or no one playing on an actual console
  • Choepiechakie

No one on an actual console, there are 13 controller players qualified over both regions.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5695 posts Big Money Move

Console
  • Azof
    16626 posts World Class

No one on an actual console, there are 13 controller players qualified over both regions.

rip, who would have thought 2012 hardware was underpowered
  • Argie8
    5827 posts Big Money Move

Ninja got 128k viewers
    Sypher 40k
    Chap 35k.

Yeah it's a weird situation. At least Myth has put in the effort and now he's actually seeing some results . I thought they'd be obligated to play every tournament they can considering they're pros.

Really? Where has this info come from? That's a big yikes if true. Shows how much of an advantage kb+m is in a scrim environment. Makes Aydan, Issa and Kamos achievements even greater
  • JR
    8062 posts League Winner
    I’d love to see what the highest points were on console
  • Choepiechakie
    edited November 2018
    14th in a duo scrim now. Not too shabby for a 20 fps pleb. And 3rd end game.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    JR wrote: »
    same
  • GL
    6648 posts Big Money Move
    Why does Symfuhny seem so fake
  • Azof
    16626 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »

cant stand him

double barrel hopefully vaulted for the spas
  • xGeorgeSmithx

He annoys me as a whole far too much wrong for him to be a good watch for me.
  • GL
    spas in, DB vaulted, one pump back pls
  • Choepiechakie
    Sym is a good.
    Ppl dont understand his sarcasm, makes it so funny
  • Argie8

Ghost Issa got 32. No idea if any beat that though. @Choepiechakie probably knows more
  • Azof
    16626 posts World Class
    The sound in this game is atrocious
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Sym is a good.
    Ppl dont understand his sarcasm, makes it so funny

He’s good at the game but the speed he talks at just puts you off watching him.
  • Choepiechakie
    edited November 2018

Ghost Issa got 32. No idea if any beat that though. @Choepiechakie probably knows more

Hes not on console but someone got like 33. BLIznFSN or something.

He was in Syphers game yesterday, he got killed 7th. The blizn guy won the game with 8 kills.
    Sypher bought a slurp for metal and never filled the metal back up. Was a really bad play. Cost him late game.
  • Argie8

Hes not on console but someone got like 33. BLIznFSN or something.

He was in Syphers game yesterday, he got killed 7th. The blizn guy won the game with 8 kills.
    Sypher bought a slurp for metal and never filled the metal back up. Was a really bad play. Cost him late game.

oh yeah i thought he said controller. no idea then

ah yes i remember watching that. honestly i thought sypher played really well. didnt expect him to get so close considering he doesnt scrim as much as a lot of the others. props to anyone who managed to get top 200. The pressure would have been unbelievable. i felt tense just watching
  • Argie8
    also, did anyone see Nick Mercs final match of the tournament? There was a minute to go so literally about 50 people dropped tilted and at one point there was probably over 10 players right next to each other jumping with tac shotguns like madmen trying to nab kills. Nobody had mats either. it was maybe the craziest scene ive ever seen :joy:
  • ManTrain
    2996 posts National Call-Up

Because he started playing with Tfue
  • Argie8
    2 videos in a week :flushed:

Its worth watching just for THAT death tbh.

As always, please use the link if you decide to watch and every like or comment is appreciated :smile:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ua_is03oy0&lc=z22oc3u4bxzrxfqwn04t1aokgovmyhynlc25tw1gu4h2bk0h00410

• Choepiechakie
    Wild west is so good
  • JR
    8062 posts League Winner
    Wild west is so good

Only bots play it
  • GL
    Wild west is so good

Only alphas play it

• Argie8
    edited November 2018
    Turns out there were console players who qualified. Nobody seems to know the exact figures though. Doesn't seem like many at all
  • Choepiechakie
    Yeah saw it passing by on twitter.

Never trust twitter again, just have to wait for epic.