Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• SWEAT KIng15
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    mjs4p wrote: »
    If a baby Icon sbc will be released what would be the requirements?
    I have no idea didn’t do them last year

Think it was 84/85/86 rated squads maybe? IDK I also didn't do them last year

Last year it was 83, 84, and 85 rated squads with 1 IF required in each of the first 2.
    mjs4p wrote: »
    If a baby Icon sbc will be released what would be the requirements?
    I have no idea didn’t do them last year

Think it was 84/85/86 rated squads maybe? IDK I also didn't do them last year

Last year it was 83, 84, and 85 rated squads with 1 IF required in each of the first 2.

Thanks so the sbc will cost around 350k?

• PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alright, I'm bored at work so I figured I'd do something productive by posting here. I've had the pleasure of trying every top attacking option, icon or otherwise, this year with only three exceptions - R96, prime Cruyff, and prime R10. I used every other attacker for a fair amount of time, many of them for significant amounts of games. I write today to give my top option for a striker after considerations of performance in game, price point, and my own style of play/formation.

Prime Emilio Butra is the man - straight up. I've had him twice now. The first time was for two weeks of rivals and a full WL. I then sold him to try other options, with the idea of coming back later to whomever was top dog after seeing everything. After my journey, Butra has returned in force, scoring 25 goals in 11 D2 rivals games. He has zero assists, take that for what its worth. Note: I am not good. I do not skill, because I can't. I literally do not know how to do a ball roll. But I played FIFA for 20 years, and played soccer (football, futbol, whatever) in college, so I can recognize triangles, space, and options when they appear. Butra only needs an inch.

PROS

His scoring is the best I've found across every striker in the game. And by scoring, I don't mean his ability to hit a 45 yard timed finesse - Fred can do that. I mean his ability to score opportunities. When CR7 inexplicably misses a sitter, or Gullit hits the crossbar off a poor angle but you understand why...Butra scores these. His little smurf body warps to hit the shot. Obviously with either foot, as hes 5*WF, and he actually HITS with his "weaker" left foot...no outside of the foot right BS to be had.

I'd like to talk briefly about shooting animations. I've seen a huge difference between strikers with their time to shoot - essentially, how long it takes one to fire the ball once you've requested they do so. There's a correlation between leg length (essentially height) and this time. Henry, CR7, etc. have a longer time-to-shoot than shorter strikers, and Butra is the shortest. As such, his leg swing is near instantaneous. This is deadly in a game dictated in large part by AI defending and auto blocks - defenders simply don't have time to block his shots.

His size has negatives (see CONS below), but also positives I'd like to touch on. Being so small allows him to sneak into positions you wouldn't otherwise expect. With a tiny shooting radius, he only needs a small patch of grass to get a shot off, and that includes just one step in front of defenders. Where Crespo or Raul is marked cleanly, Butra, in that same position, has space. This forces defenders to mark him even more tightly than others, and opens more space behind and around him. The alternative is to defend him normally, where he can score.

Turning/Dribbling is absolutely top notch, near Messi level.

CONS

He will never be a targetman, and isn't going to hold up the ball. But there's another side to the coin: because Butra is so diminutive, player's have a habit of rushing him from the back to win the ball as soon as he receives it. Half the time you find yourself in this position, they'll go right through him successfully. The other half, he turns on a dime and scoots around them with the ball, leaving your opponent incredibly exposed. No other player other than Messi has been able to do this, in my experience.

He isn't going to win headers off goal kicks (a big concern for many people, for some reason I don't understand; the ball should always be played short or wide.)

Skilling is largely curtailed by having 3* skills, but for me that was not a problem as (see above) my skilling is nonexistent.

RECOMMENDATION FOR USE

I utilize Butra as striker in a pair (41212(2) specifically) and I'd encourage you to do the same. He he deadliest when you can pass around the box and find just a foot of space for him to shoot - he will generally score the shot. His size makes him perfect for narrow formations because where other strikers run out of room in a congested area, he still has space to operate.

I'd advise not harrowing the backline with him as his 84 stamina isn't sufficient for two games of hard press - if you must use a striker to defend (ew, you scrub) then do so with the other one.

When you cross, make sure its a low cross UNLESS you're hitting him back post. If he's in space, he will take advantage of it and make the most of the opportunity. He scores more volleys than headers, and can twist instantly.

Happy to answer any questions.
  • RealM
    5311 posts Big Money Move
    Are the base Icon SBC tradeable? Going to guess from the requirements said above they aren't.
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RealM wrote: »
    Are the base Icon SBC tradeable? Going to guess from the requirements said above they aren't.

Last year they were not, so i guess it will be the same this time.

I'm kinda telling myself they wont come to avoid the usual dissappointment.

Cheapest PC Icon at 930k buy now by the way, DO IT EA
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    Anybody used 87 Butra or 88 Owen?

They stats and traits are very similar to Griezman and Auba who are my favorite 2 strikers this year.
  • frozenslash
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »

They stats and traits are very similar to Griezman and Auba who are my favorite 2 strikers this year.

Butra is an incredible goal scorer.
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hornerglow wrote: »
    @James Libby rather Eusebio (any) or Henry prime?

Don't ask me that. I plead the fifth!!!
    Anybody else? Can’t afford both! :D
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »

Butra is an incredible goal scorer.

Great to hear...he is a little pricey but Im going to try him soon
  • Kamilflage
    4546 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Alright, I'm bored at work so I figured I'd do something productive by posting here.

Ahhh FUT...lowering employer profits since 2009
  • Agent Murhawk
    8231 posts League Winner
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    51968f14-0ba4-4aac-8674-9964fab0454c_Thumbnail.PNG

First WL with this god, whoever need an icon attacker for this price range go for Eusebio.

What team do you use with him?

22a70a3c0c121ee2510bfa0de547502d.jpg

Have 500k to upgrade
  • James Libby
    5265 posts Big Money Move
    @James Libby rather Eusebio (any) or Henry prime?

Don't ask me that. I plead the fifth!!!
    Anybody else? Can’t afford both! :D

Henry for fun. Eusebio to win.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    1945 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    51968f14-0ba4-4aac-8674-9964fab0454c_Thumbnail.PNG

First WL with this god, whoever need an icon attacker for this price range go for Eusebio.

What team do you use with him?

22a70a3c0c121ee2510bfa0de547502d.jpg

Have 500k to upgrade

My dream front 2 right there.
  • GGchodeth
    80 posts Park Captain
    5jtefk.jpg

Got 1mill to upgrade.. Prime zanetti? or IF meunier (swap Gully & Kante round for chem)? Anyone used IF Meunier?

Pros of Zanetti would be that i've done the entire SBC apart from the icon bit (waiting for EA to further raise the prices tonight...)
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Grr wish I’d kept the prime Raul I bought for 1.6 early in the game had to pay 1.99 mil but oh well I got him now
  • deang07
    8090 posts League Winner
    GGchodeth wrote: »
    5jtefk.jpg

Got 1mill to upgrade.. Prime zanetti? or IF meunier (swap Gully & Kante round for chem)? Anyone used IF Meunier?

Pros of Zanetti would be that i've done the entire SBC apart from the icon bit (waiting for EA to further raise the prices tonight...)

zannetti is gr8 m8 tbh wait and see what happens with icons 2night.
    pls lose auba out of that team tho its great and hes making it discgusting
  • jenksiee123
    21246 posts Club Captain
    5jtefk.jpg

SIF Lala?
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    edit wrong threas
  • WonderMouse
    2037 posts Fans' Favourite
    RIP
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    No icon sbc. 7pm hype?
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good game imo
  • GGchodeth
    80 posts Park Captain
    deang07 wrote: »
    5jtefk.jpg

zannetti is gr8 m8 tbh wait and see what happens with icons 2night.
    pls lose auba out of that team tho its great and hes making it discgusting

Honestly, i just cannot lose Auba - you won't believe it but Eusebio would be closer to leaving than him.. exclusively Div2 & 1 and WL:
    Auba - P 108 G 127 A 37
    Eusebio P35 G 45 A 21

no SBCs dropped as predicted.. so i'm trying out Meunier. i used to have Zanetti - issue i found was that he NEVER lasts a full game (i use WBs alot), so wasn't sure if i could justify 900k on him. I guess i've got 20 days until his SBC runs out to finish him off if Meunier is crap...
  • GGchodeth
    80 posts Park Captain
    5jtefk.jpg

SIF Lala?

couldn't get on with Lala last time.. just found him a bit meh. didn't found him winning headers, or making assists :(
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    VpHw.gif
  • GGchodeth
    80 posts Park Captain
    nathswfc wrote: »
    No icon sbc. 7pm hype?

Just once, we need EA to deliver something positive to counter out the abysmal rivals gameplay.
  • James Libby
    5265 posts Big Money Move
    Happiness is a function of expectation.
  • Blarix
    20823 posts Club Captain
    Happiness is a function of expectation.

• Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    EA doing their best to maintain the icon inflation
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    EA declaring a war against investors clearly