Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    The thing is that Wolves have the money but are also insanely intelligent with the spending. Imagine getting Moutinho for £5M whilst others are spending £90M on Pogba or £50M for Sigurdsson.

Now that you have a real financial backbone I'd go for Rafa, won't be long till he quits Newcastle and with actual backing he'd have you in Europe.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3238 posts National Call-Up
    The thing is that Wolves have the money but are also insanely intelligent with the spending. Imagine getting Moutinho for £5M whilst others are spending £90M on Pogba or £50M for Sigurdsson.

Now that you have a real financial backbone I'd go for Rafa, won't be long till he quits Newcastle and with actual backing he'd have you in Europe.

The anger from Newcastle fans at that prospect would be unreal. :D
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    They'd only have Ashley to blame. There is literally nothing there for him, unless he has ambitions of a career change managing dead retail empires that have been irrelevant since 1995.

Villa would be a way more attractive prospect you'd think.

• maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I'll say it again, we will never get out of this division with Bruce as manager.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Cracking goal. Huge shame that we couldn't even get a point after that.

Bruce is still managing to **** our season despite having quite easily the best team in the league on paper.
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    Tuesday was pretty awful but because we won Bruce come out like Mr. Big Bollocks didn't he, thinking he's the best, only to go and follow it up with a performance like that yesterday. The football is abysmal, why we insist on keeping this idiot in charge I'll never know.

The McGinn goal though, wow wow wow. Probably the best I've seen at Villa Park, better than that Scholes volley.
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    Joke tonight
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    Fantastic news
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    So happy. Thought for sure we'd have to wait until at least Christmas.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I hope our replacement is close, that loss to Millwall hurts.

Thierry Henry is a dead certainty according to bookmakers. It will definitely be interesting to see what he can offer. The lack of experience slightly concerns me though.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Pretty happy also, Dean plays a great style of football and he loves the club which is always a bonus.

I'm just relieved we haven't ended up with anyone like Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes and Pardew to name a few.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Thats two losses on the road now, and we're descending pretty rapidly towards the bottom. We're really struggling to find the back of the net despite having lots of chances.

I still sense a deep issue with the club, something that is out of Dean Smith's control.
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    There isn’t a deep problem every time we go through a bad spell.

Performances have already improved under Smith, just lacked the results past 2 games. When we click we’ll be incredible to watch.

The big problem right now is we aren’t clinical enough at all.
  • finsfan85
    11495 posts Has That Special Something
    Farlz wrote: »

Performances have already improved under Smith, just lacked the results past 2 games. When we click we’ll be incredible to watch.

Has Abraham had many chances? Is he a part of the finishing problem?
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Tammy has actually been our most clinical forward player.

I'd say players like Kodjia, Grealish and Hogan are the ones misfiring at the moment.
  • Apollo
    11706 posts Has That Special Something
    How has Tuanzebe been playing for you?
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    Well for some ridiculous reason Bruce was using him as a RB and obviously it was a disaster. He can't play that role.

Since Smith come in he's played in his actual position and he's been much much better.
  • Farlz
    8122 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »

I'd actually say he's been very wasteful the past few games.

I like him but he really should've had a hattrick against Swansea and missed big chances again against QPR

• Apollo
    Well for some ridiculous reason Bruce was using him as a RB and obviously it was a disaster. He can't play that role.

Since Smith come in he's played in his actual position and he's been much much better.

At least he's in his right position now then, better late than never. Watched him in a game recently and he looked solid, but that was only the one game so I thought I'd ask. Good to hear he's doing well now, thanks.
  • Apollo
    Did Alan Hutton really just do that? :joy:
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Apollo wrote: »
    Did Alan Hutton really just do that? :joy:

Mate he also did it against Hull in our opening game of the season. :D
  • DoD_Jester
    26196 posts Player of the Year
    Gotta love Alan Hutton
  • Farlz