Sturridge

Comments

• ASlowPotato
    893 posts Professional
    After a slow start with him I’m starting to really like this card. No goals in his first 3 games, he’s now played 10, scored 8 and assisted 9. I’m playing him RS, 4-2-2-2 next to POTM Aubameyang with a sniper card on him.

He doesn’t feel 90 pace but quick enough. His left foot is magical, both shooting and passing. He’s also good at taking the ball in tight situations and moving it on. Excellent positional sense. Somehow the ball gets attracted to him.

I’ve only hit one shot on his right foot , a 10 yard finesse goal across the face of the keeper and surprisingly, for having injury prone trait and low stamina, he’s not been injured and last 2 games no problems.

He’s replaced Prime Vieri for these 10 games and the way things are looking, he’s staying in the team.

41212(2) with POTM Auba for me. They link up to well together and POTM hazard is like a little magician behind them feeding them both.
  • Headshrinker363
    5463 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    After a slow start with him I’m starting to really like this card. No goals in his first 3 games, he’s now played 10, scored 8 and assisted 9. I’m playing him RS, 4-2-2-2 next to POTM Aubameyang with a sniper card on him.

He doesn’t feel 90 pace but quick enough. His left foot is magical, both shooting and passing. He’s also good at taking the ball in tight situations and moving it on. Excellent positional sense. Somehow the ball gets attracted to him.

I’ve only hit one shot on his right foot , a 10 yard finesse goal across the face of the keeper and surprisingly, for having injury prone trait and low stamina, he’s not been injured and last 2 games no problems.

He’s replaced Prime Vieri for these 10 games and the way things are looking, he’s staying in the team.

41212(2) with POTM Auba for me. They link up to well together and POTM hazard is like a little magician behind them feeding them both.

Another game, another goal and 3 assists. I think Vieri will soon be Zanetti. He wins his fair share in the air too. Packed nothing, cost me 25k on top of untradeables, most notably Rakitic and Iniesta. Already had 2 IF’s costing 35k in total. Bargain in my eyes
  • DANNYDANNYINGS
    706 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just played my first 2 games with him, absolute beast. Leading the line for me with POTM Hazard and POTM Lucas as LF & RF, the 3 of them linking so well.
  • Pewdiepie
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    You guys really like him?? After the patch on console he will be useless with that stamina. Its like having a time limit on that player. Was going to do him but idk. Anyone who has pc have Sturridge how is he with the new update?
  • heefmondo
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    You guys really like him?? After the patch on console he will be useless with that stamina. Its like having a time limit on that player. Was going to do him but idk. Anyone who has pc have Sturridge how is he with the new update?

Can't see it being a problem unless you're a team press/constant pressure user
  • Pacey3_16
    2098 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just done him considering switching to 4222 play him next to potm auba with potm hazard snd either otw mahrez or salah as cams
  • Pewdiepie
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    heefmondo wrote: »

I play balanced. You have him on pc?
  • holdenwait
    58184 posts National Treasure
    he's terrible after 8 wl games lol
  • heefmondo
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero

No I'm on xbox haha. But they're only nerfing constant pressure and team press stamina so they can't charge around for a full 90 minutes I think.
  • Yosef1607
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did him 5 games
    6 goals and 3 assists for me all WL
    He is not bad
  • Headshrinker363
    5463 posts Big Money Move

I play balanced on PS4. POTM Lucas loses more fitness than Sturridge.
  • jonkero
    5801 posts Big Money Move
    Waste of coins he'll do to the bench obviously within a few weeks
  • Batman442
    3835 posts National Call-Up
    Done him, regretted it straight away. Lazy moveless player. And I'm a Liverpool fan
  • Phuong
    74 posts Park Captain
    he's is pretty meh tbh. Ive used him for 10 games with 2 goals and 6 assists. His linkup play is very good BUT he doesn't seem to score very much. Also the 2 star week foot will impact your chances at times. Overall, he's a fun card to use but you I doubt he'll win you games by himself. Not enough of an impact of a player.
  • Sdbweavercom
    73 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WF 2 but strikes I’ve been doing with his right peg have been quality
  • Sdbweavercom
    73 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play him as a cf
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scored a hattrick within 30 minutes online with him in his debut..
  • Pow_patrol70
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    Best chem?
    Played 7 games WL is ****
    Hope he will get better

Edited for swearing. Let the language filter do its job. Thanks~ - EA_Cian
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Best chem?
    Played 7 games WL is ****
    Hope he will get better

Edited for swearing. Let the language filter do its job. Thanks~ - EA_Cian

:lol:
  • Fccheek
    738 posts Semi-Pro
    I love him. For price he’s the perfect striker in a formation with wingers. He can hold up play and pass and with his speed can run defenders out of position and open up space for the wingers to run into. I think as a 2 striker formation he wouldn’t be as good because you would rely on him to make plays on his own but for hold up play I love him he’s so versatile. Don’t notice the weak foot has outside of the foot shot so and time I’m to the left of goal I just shoot cross body
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    2 games 5 goals 1 assists now
  • Jonboyparker
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Yosef1607 wrote: »
    Personally I’d just buy a player for 130k instead but some people like flashback cards

I has some untradable he would cost me like 30k more and also i never sell players who are 84 so i have them already

Personally I consider untradables to hold value too (but that me). For example if i could do Sturridge for FREE (which i can), I wouldn't be able to do the next one for free. Because Sturridge doent really interest me and will probably not play much its a waste of cards. I can buy a ST and then resell him if I do not like it.

On the plus side you get some packs but not worth it for me
    Post edited by Jonboyparker on
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used his loan card, scored 7 (the majority with his weak foot) and assisted 2 goals in 4 matches, Division 5. However, the SBC is a bit too expensive for my taste.
  • KoreanMeatballs
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First game went down injured after 60 mins nobody near him.

One tap in and numerous hitting posts
  • Aspral
    3535 posts National Call-Up
    I was wrong. His stamina didn't deplete fast and he was brilliant. I'm 9/10 in the WL and scored 5 first game with him. His w/f is trash though
  • anaughtysausage
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He is brilliant his stamina isnt a issue neither is his weekfoot those stats dont feel anywhere near that in game.

His left foot is a beaury and has a crackibg finese shot currently has 21 goals in 11 games for me in the weekend league
  • Kloral
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Being a Liverpool fan and a massive Sturridge fan, I really want to do this. My team has no place for him and I would have to make a second to use him..

I've got the teams ready to go but I think i'll wait until tomorrow and see what comes out. It will cost like 120-150k.
  • Pacey3_16
    He's replaced potm aubameyang at st in my team plays alot better can't seem to get 2 striker formations to work so looks like potm auba is now super sub
  • Kloral
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Pacey3_16 wrote: »
    He's replaced potm aubameyang at st in my team plays alot better can't seem to get 2 striker formations to work so looks like potm auba is now super sub

Is he really that good?
  • Pacey3_16
    Kloral wrote: »
    Pacey3_16 wrote: »

Is he really that good?

They both play very similar but sturridge just seems to make better runs and gets into better positions