Black Friday conundrum

SRB83
564 posts An Exciting Prospect
So got 2950 fp..that is all EA are getting from me. But do I hold off and wait for an ultimate pack or go for the smaller packs and increase my chances for a "big" pull

Comments

  • kraid
    2902 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?
  • SRB83
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    Not at all
  • kraid
    2902 posts Fans' Favourite
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    That is really strange reasoning.
  • SRB83
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    Not at all

    Ok I'll do the ultimate pack...will be less painful :D
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    Cheaper packs technically have smaller chance of getting better players
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    SRB83 wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    Not at all

    Ok I'll do the ultimate pack...will be less painful :D

    All you need to do is divide the cost of the pack by the number of rare players inside, to tell you the value of your gamble.

    Rare player packs:
    50,000 coins / 12 rare players = 4,167 coins per player
    100,000 coins / 24 rare players = 4,167 coins per player
    125,000 coins / 30 rare players = 4,167 coins per player

    Prime gold:
    45,000 / 6 rare players = 7,500

    Gold premium:
    25,000 / 3 rare players = 8,333

    All the other packs are even worse, because you have no idea how many rare gold players you're going to get. Mega packs have 18 rares, but 15 of them might be consumables, leaving you with 3 rares which equates to a horrible 11,667 coins per player.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3956 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    SRB83 wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    SRB83 wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    Why would smaller packs increase your chances?

    Because I would be opening more instead of just the one pack. Surely opening more packs albeit smaller packs should give me a better chance?

    Not at all

    Ok I'll do the ultimate pack...will be less painful :D

    All you need to do is divide the cost of the pack by the number of rare players inside, to tell you the value of your gamble.

    Rare player packs:
    50,000 coins / 12 rare players = 4,167 coins per player
    100,000 coins / 24 rare players = 4,167 coins per player
    125,000 coins / 30 rare players = 4,167 coins per player

    Prime gold:
    45,000 / 6 rare players = 7,500

    Gold premium:
    25,000 / 3 rare players = 8,333

    All the other packs are even worse, because you have no idea how many rare gold players you're going to get. Mega packs have 18 rares, but 15 of them might be consumables, leaving you with 3 rares which equates to a horrible 11,667 coins per player.

    Long and short of it. Wait for the rare players packs to appear
  • Pacey3_16
    2096 posts Fans' Favourite
    What time does it start
  • Gainzy
    1084 posts Professional
    Don’t bother. Just have coins available for when Fabinho hits 20k in the panic
  • CharlieC
    6975 posts Big Money Move
    Gainzy wrote: »
    Don’t bother. Just have coins available for when Fabinho hits 20k in the panic

  • Does anyone know what time it starts
  • SRB83
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gainzy wrote: »
    Don’t bother. Just have coins available for when Fabinho hits 20k in the panic

    Gonna sound like a total noob here... Even though I ain't lol but why Fabinho??
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    He doesn't mean Fabinho exactly but basically quickly take a look at the prices of the players you want now. Then just keep monitoring the prices throughout the day or weekend and buy once it hits a price that you're happy with.

    But if Fabinho really does reach 20k, you should buy a bunch!
Sign In or Register to comment.