Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    How good is r94 really?

In comparison to Eusebio/Cruyff

Honestly not that good. Movement is shocking compared to Johan and Eusebio.

Last year he was the best of the icons. This year there are a lot of other equally as good alternatives.
  • Scutch
    11131 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Prime Rio worth doing?

Yes! I used my untradeable Zanetti and I'd already done the world class challenge so prices were reduced.
  • Scutch
    11131 posts Has That Special Something
    First icon bought this year.

Baby butra for 700

He's brilliant.
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    Prime Rio worth doing?

Yes! I used my untradeable Zanetti and I'd already done the world class challenge so prices were reduced.

I've done it also mate prices are high on players atm tho :|
  • RebelRob
    5217 posts Big Money Move
    @Scutch I’d have gone with Rio as he seems pretty solid, but I need hierro for chem PLUS his passing seems mental for a cb and have been caught out before by sloppy distribution at the back so hoping he will help.

And for cost as well, for 1.2 I’d be leaning more towards Maldini if I could go for him.

• Cantonas Collar
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Loving Prime Ballack he plays like his stats suggest he should, he’s just a really good all-round midfielder.

Wins the ball back as well as any midfielder I’ve used, is always a threat going forward and has the best passing of anyone I’ve used this year as well, you can really notice the 94 short passing and 93 long passing.
  • sturges12345
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    Does Raul win headers from goal kicks?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9471 posts League Winner
    Does Raul win headers from goal kicks?

Not sure on Raul but Larsson wins a ton of them from goalkicks for me - they're of a similar height and heading ability if if that's anything to go by :wink:
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    Prime R9 gone for 6.65 after he wouldn't sell for 6.5 flat last night lol, oh well. I'll take the profit and hunt for his 94.
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Prime R9 gone for 6.65 after he wouldn't sell for 6.5 flat last night lol, oh well. I'll take the profit and hunt for his 94.

Prefer the 94? You using R9 over Eusebio?
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Prime Figo is my favorite RM so far, I thought no one could Best (best :blush: ) but he is stronger and is scoring a lot more than him. Love this card.

I think Nedbae and figo are going to be my wingers for the remaining of the game.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    Blarix wrote: »
    Prime Figo is my favorite RM so far, I thought no one could Best (best :blush: ) but he is stronger and is scoring a lot more than him. Love this card.

I think Nedbae and figo are going to be my wingers for the remaining of the game.
    Still rocking 4411? If so, what’s your instructions and key players/positions? Wanna try it out but having 1 ST 1 CF and the rest is midfielders causes me anxiety as I always felt like the ST is the only one attacking.
  • Cloudio7
    1306 posts Professional

550k better than the 90?
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif

Test gif.
  • hoban95
    49092 posts FIFA Cover Star
    hoban95 wrote: »
    ethnick wrote: »
    Tempted to get Aguero back for Crespo. Getting real sick of his sh*t movement and agility.

@hoban95 hahaha i did the opposite! aguero is great just a bit small needed a bigger body/arieal threat.

I sold Aguero to get Crespo as well. @ethnick

I'm just starting to get a little bit annoyed with Crespo, he was amazing for me though. :(

Yup. Had the same. Started off on fire, then seemed to get progressively worse. So much so that I’ve bought and sold him 3 times, as well as other strikers and now gone to 433(5) with Messi CF and having much more success.

Yeah at times he's incredible then other times his work rates hurt him.

How's false nine this year, buddy?

Seems very good. Pretty attacking considering there’s no real striker. Messi is perfect as CF though. Just needs a decent midfield trio.

That's why i'm tempted as Messi is phenomenal.

This works very well - everyone on 10 chemistry:

31048957107_baedfa3e09.jpg

Nice team. I defo feel i need to get rid of Crespo just dunno what to do.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Cloudio7 wrote: »

550k better than the 90?

I don't know, haven't used the 90 but I doubt he is 550k better.
  • TakeItSlow
    7329 posts Big Money Move
    @Matnevesbra he was superb, close to the prime but not as good. Most definitely better value for money than the prime but if a baby icon SBC ever crops up you’re screwed on that one.

@WonderMouse I would mate! R9 can hold off those players yeah, the 94 rated one in particular has a lot more bulk on him in game and higher strength. Thats why he can win you games on his own, the 96 is sleeker and faster.
  • holdenwait
    56362 posts National Treasure
    this thread is insane, don't check for a 1.5 days its like 740 unread messages :D
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Right so now I'm officially allowed back and allowed to post (WombRaider) I can give a few short/medium reviews on the players I've used. It'll be done in a scale, the first player reviewed being the best I've used and so on! I rarely use the lower versions of players, Cruyff was an exception. Same goes for Gullit and Vieira but I've only used Gullit out of that pair so far. Not extensively either may I add. First up... Prime Dinho.

Prime Ronaldinho -

Position used - striker
    Positives - Pace, dribbling, shooting, strength, balance and agility, unique animations.
    Negatives - Quite literally nothing.

This card blew me away, if you know how to use him correctly he's impossible to stop, may I add its almost impossible to not use him correctly. He's electric, when you dribble with him he quite literally bounces off of opponents, the mixture of agility, reactions, strength, pace, dribbling and 5* skills of course is the reason why. Every dribbling stat is 93 or over except agility at 89 which is quite simply superb.

Shooting wise the 90 curve, 90 composure, 93 finishing and 90 positioning make it impossible not to score, especially with timed strikes. I tried him at striker because I didn't want him wasted, and to my absolute pleasant surprise he worked wonders there. Better than any striker i've used this year, partly down to his unique animations in game which make it impossible to defend against.

At CAM in a 4231 he'd probably work because of his high/low work rates, but for me he's perfect in a two striker formation and I can't wait to buy him back. 3M is my buy price, but if a fresh one pops up for more I'm likely to take it.

And yes he's better than prime Cruyff and for me, better than prime R9.

Welcome back, mate!

• Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    Really close to pulling the trigger on prime Seedorf. Kinda want a player I'm not "upgrading" later on in the year, curious on other suggestions in the sub 1.5M range that are worth building a team around
  • DOMinant
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really close to pulling the trigger on prime Seedorf. Kinda want a player I'm not "upgrading" later on in the year, curious on other suggestions in the sub 1.5M range that are worth building a team around

Obviously by no means guaranteed, but I’ve played against him 3/3 games on draft today!
  • Juked By Neymar
    DOMinant wrote: »

Obviously by no means guaranteed, but I’ve played against him 3/3 games on draft today!

hmmm interesting! Just tough to take a 15k gamble with iffy odds ;) How did he play?
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think I'm gonna try prime Nedved
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional

Used him for 20 games. Very good player
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played a few games of 18 today. Man I wish I could afford prime R9 again this year, that card is just nuts.
  • Cloudio7
    1306 posts Professional
    Cloudio7 wrote: »

550k better than the 90?

I don't know, haven't used the 90 but I doubt he is 550k better.

That's my feeling as well. So that's me picking up th 90.
  • Juked By Neymar

Used him for 20 games. Very good player

Anyone else you'd suggest in place of him? best at CCAM I'm guessing?
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite

He is very good. I'm a little bit biased as he is one of my fav players ever. But so far he is carrying me