Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• hoban95
    49109 posts FIFA Cover Star
    ethnick wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Tempted to get Aguero back for Crespo. Getting real sick of his sh*t movement and agility.

@hoban95 hahaha i did the opposite! aguero is great just a bit small needed a bigger body/arieal threat.

I sold Aguero to get Crespo as well. @ethnick

I'm just starting to get a little bit annoyed with Crespo, he was amazing for me though. :(

yeah i get you. sometimes you need to freshen it up! i have UCL aguero untradeable so i got bored and i need someone a bit bigger at times.

Very true. I want Raul to replace him but it won't be for a while.
  • Gamble
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I appear to have lost any/all ability to play this game.

Have 8m in the bank - question is, do I get 90/93 Gullit or R94/96 and build around?

Never used either cards in any fifa so opinions welcome!
  • TitanXX
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cant afford prime Larsson. Is the 86 good? Either him or 91 basten. Thoughts?
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    Right so now I'm officially allowed back and allowed to post (WombRaider) I can give a few short/medium reviews on the players I've used. It'll be done in a scale, the first player reviewed being the best I've used and so on! I rarely use the lower versions of players, Cruyff was an exception. Same goes for Gullit and Vieira but I've only used Gullit out of that pair so far. Not extensively either may I add. First up... Prime Dinho.

Prime Ronaldinho -

Position used - striker
    Positives - Pace, dribbling, shooting, strength, balance and agility, unique animations.
    Negatives - Quite literally nothing.

This card blew me away, if you know how to use him correctly he's impossible to stop, may I add its almost impossible to not use him correctly. He's electric, when you dribble with him he quite literally bounces off of opponents, the mixture of agility, reactions, strength, pace, dribbling and 5* skills of course is the reason why. Every dribbling stat is 93 or over except agility at 89 which is quite simply superb.

Shooting wise the 90 curve, 90 composure, 93 finishing and 90 positioning make it impossible not to score, especially with timed strikes. I tried him at striker because I didn't want him wasted, and to my absolute pleasant surprise he worked wonders there. Better than any striker i've used this year, partly down to his unique animations in game which make it impossible to defend against.

At CAM in a 4231 he'd probably work because of his high/low work rates, but for me he's perfect in a two striker formation and I can't wait to buy him back. 3M is my buy price, but if a fresh one pops up for more I'm likely to take it.

And yes he's better than prime Cruyff and for me, better than prime R9.
  • TitanXX
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TitanXX wrote: »

• WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guy buys 95 Pele for 3.015, plays 3 games, then sells for 3 mill flat.

Nice 165k 3 game loan there
  • James Libby
    5606 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Right so now I'm officially allowed back and allowed to post (WombRaider) I can give a few short/medium reviews on the players I've used. It'll be done in a scale, the first player reviewed being the best I've used and so on! I rarely use the lower versions of players, Cruyff was an exception. Same goes for Gullit and Vieira but I've only used Gullit out of that pair so far. Not extensively either may I add. First up... Prime Dinho.

Prime Ronaldinho -

Position used - striker
    Positives - Pace, dribbling, shooting, strength, balance and agility, unique animations.

This card blew me away, if you know how to use him correctly he's impossible to stop, may I add its almost impossible to not use him correctly. He's electric, when you dribble with him he quite literally bounces off of opponents, the mixture of agility, reactions, strength, pace, dribbling and 5* skills of course is the reason why. Every dribbling stat is 93 or over except agility at 89 which is quite simply superb.

Shooting wise the 90 curve, 90 composure, 93 finishing and 90 positioning make it impossible not to score, especially with timed strikes. I tried him at striker because I didn't want him wasted, and to my absolute pleasant surprise he worked wonders there. Better than any striker i've used this year, partly down to his unique animations in game which make it impossible to defend against.

At CAM in a 4231 he'd probably work because of his high/low work rates, but for me he's perfect in a two striker formation and I can't wait to buy him back. 3M is my buy price, but if a fresh one pops up for more I'm likely to take it.

Welcome back, mate!
  • kalka
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stoichkov 90 is bad as his prime. Lets get Overmars .
    Abyone use ADP on CAM, CF ? I cant find place to him. He is always pushed by defenders
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain

Prime Ronaldinho -

Position used - striker

Man like womb officially back!
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something

86 is really good. I bought him early on and he somehow won almost every header.
  • TakeItSlow
    Thanks bro @James Libby can get my RTG's back under way if and when haha! Hope you're still GOATING heavily ;)

@Blarix my guy back with a bang, you sold up yet for the crash ;)
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    First purchase made

90 figo 900k
  • WonderMouse
    How good is r94 really?

In comparison to Eusebio/Cruyff
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Middle ronaldinho x baby cruyff?
  • hoban95
    49109 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Lads how is Suarez on this game? Thinking of selling 87 Crespo for him.
  • TakeItSlow
    How good is r94 really?

He’s very good, better than Eusebio and Cruyff and everything except dribbling. Wins you games through brute force and not having to do much. Cruyff and Eusebio are far more technical.
  • WonderMouse
    How good is r94 really?

He’s very good, better than Eusebio and Cruyff and everything except dribbling. Wins you games through brute force and not having to do much. Cruyff and Eusebio are far more technical.

Thanks. Worried he'd be like how I find CR7, Wins you games and scores goals, but on the ball they are not that fun.

Is Cruyff/Eusebio more fun? At the end of the day I don't care about winning or weekend league etc.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Lads how is Suarez on this game? Thinking of selling 87 Crespo for him.

He's a scoring machine. Pretty much the ideal striker.
  • Scutch
    11151 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Scutch wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    Tempted to get Aguero back for Crespo. Getting real sick of his sh*t movement and agility.

@hoban95 hahaha i did the opposite! aguero is great just a bit small needed a bigger body/arieal threat.

I sold Aguero to get Crespo as well. @ethnick

I'm just starting to get a little bit annoyed with Crespo, he was amazing for me though. :(

Yup. Had the same. Started off on fire, then seemed to get progressively worse. So much so that I’ve bought and sold him 3 times, as well as other strikers and now gone to 433(5) with Messi CF and having much more success.

Yeah at times he's incredible then other times his work rates hurt him.

How's false nine this year, buddy?

Seems very good. Pretty attacking considering there’s no real striker. Messi is perfect as CF though. Just needs a decent midfield trio.

That's why i'm tempted as Messi is phenomenal.

This works very well - everyone on 10 chemistry:

31048957107_baedfa3e09.jpg
  • EekAlaska
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone used Bergkamp? He was so good a few years ago.
  • TakeItSlow
    How good is r94 really?

Thanks. Worried he'd be like how I find CR7, Wins you games and scores goals, but on the ball they are not that fun.

Is Cruyff/Eusebio more fun? At the end of the day I don't care about winning or weekend league etc.

I personally didn’t like Eusebio and wouldn’t say he’s more fun due to the skills. But Cruyff and Dinho were both way more fun for me! I’ll probably be looking at getting both at some point definitely.

Only issue I have with Cruyff is the baby was almost as good, will have to give the prime a good go to double check.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Scutch whatcha gonna do when the screams shift next week?
  • Scutch
    edited November 2018
    @Scutch whatcha gonna do when the screams shift next week?

I've been reliably informed that Fellaini will keep his 90 pace, but we'll see. I'll just get another couple of scream guys who can cover these ones :lol:

In all fairness, I'm pretty certain the NIF's will be capable too. I've faced Busquets and Fellaini and they can still boss a midfield.
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    How good is r94 really?

I personally didn’t like Eusebio and wouldn’t say he’s more fun due to the skills. But Cruyff and Dinho were both way more fun for me! I’ll probably be looking at getting both at some point definitely.

Only issue I have with Cruyff is the baby was almost as good, will have to give the prime a good go to double check.

How was baby cruyff for u?
  • WonderMouse
    How good is r94 really?

Sounds like I should go for Cruyff then. Used Dinho for like 600 games last year.

The thing with R94 is, can he hold off your van dijks/sanchezs/ramos? Because if not then whats the point? Seems like he'd just be a clunkier version of Dinho/Cruyff/Eusebio unless he actually has the ability to outstrength some of the meta CBs
  • Campino
    27167 posts Player of the Year
    Not a chance I’m buying a base icon, too risky
  • RebelRob
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    Just bought prime hierro, will give him a decent test this wl and post back here for anyone interested.

Will also be running with prime best and nedved so not that much has to be said for them 2, but will throw my 2 pence in after a proper run in a decent team.
  • Scutch
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Just bought prime hierro, will give him a decent test this wl and post back here for anyone interested.

Will also be running with prime best and nedved so not that much has to be said for them 2, but will throw my 2 pence in after a proper run in a decent team.

I was so tempted to get him this morning, then read reviews of prime Cannavaro so changed my mind. Then decided to Prime Rio as I could do his SBC for 400k. He's fantastic.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14057 posts Has That Special Something
    First icon bought this year.

Baby butra for 700
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Rio worth doing?