Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• hoban95
    49782 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Tempted to get Aguero back for Crespo. Getting real sick of his sh*t movement and agility.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    @EddieFicio well I’m going to have to try him aren’t I lol. How does he compare to POTM Hazard?. Thanks

I probably wouldn't try any cards other than his Prime. It's a brilliant card - especially if you like long shots.

Taking FK's with him - also full power stuff - is awesome.
  • Muzza11
    8711 posts League Winner
    @EddieFicio well I’m going to have to try him aren’t I lol. How does he compare to POTM Hazard?. Thanks

I probably wouldn't try any cards other than his Prime. It's a brilliant card - especially if you like long shots.

Taking FK's with him - also full power stuff - is awesome.

Yeh the Prime was on my list.
  • Gamble
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking to offload Prime Rijkaard & Prime Ballack to get 88 Vieira - played against him earlier and I couldn't get past him whatsoever - is he seriously that good?
    Anyone used him?
  • hjdjydyufu
    8822 posts League Winner
    I used 89 MVB for 6 or 7 games. He was okay. Honestly fun using an icon but no wow factor at all.

• EddieFicio
    21950 posts Club Captain

Different players, Rivaldo is more similar to a stoickhov than Hazard @Muzza11
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Tempted to get Aguero back for Crespo. Getting real sick of his sh*t movement and agility.

@hoban95 hahaha i did the opposite! aguero is great just a bit small needed a bigger body/arieal threat.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    No matter what formation I play, I get DESTROYED by the 433-4, which ironically is what I can’t play for the life of me. No idea.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8822 posts League Winner
    No matter what formation I play, I get DESTROYED by the 433-4, which ironically is what I can’t play for the life of me. No idea.

Same @PeopleReady

I don't lose everytime but everytime I play it the opponent gives me fits
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »

Same @PeopleReady

I don't lose everytime but everytime I play it the opponent gives me fits

It’s pretty funny, because when I use it I get rolled by everything under the sun and generate no offense whatsoever. Mind boggling.
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just played a game on 18. Feels like you're playing with all sliders maxed out compared to 19.
  • Kamilflage
    5206 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I sold Raul and now I'm sad... :(
    I dont know why, but my gut tells me this weekend EA will drop a set including him and Best. Sold for 1.95 last night which is absurdly overpriced...
  • Esteban Winsmore
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is Prime Raul worth the coins?
  • Kamilflage
    5206 posts Big Money Move
    Is Prime Raul worth the coins?

Hes really a very unique player, just super expensive. I think he is worth it if you surround him with quality
  • Sjaban
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    vneklw wrote: »
    Just played a game on 18. Feels like you're playing with all sliders maxed out compared to 19.

Haha I just did the same. Tried online season just to see. Gameplay was so smooth until 80th min then lagged a lot. But the game is so different.

Anyways anyone tried Cannavaro? Im a bit afraid of his height ingame.
  • krakos000
    17523 posts World Class
    Sjaban wrote: »

Haha I just did the same. Tried online season just to see. Gameplay was so smooth until 80th min then lagged a lot. But the game is so different.

He can jump super high so his height isnt an issue.
  • Jshartman
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nathswfc wrote: »
    Longbow wrote: »
    Can someone give a detailed review on 89 Socrates?

I’m looking to play him behind CR7 as CCAM with Neymar and Mbappe as L/R CAM in a 4231.

I’m currently playing Neymar as CCAM, albeit on 7 chem. Will he be better than Neymar?

I was asking this question yesterday, but his balance really worries me

I think he is fantastic...played him with engine to increase the balance......strength plus 4 star 5 star is very handy...Some people say he's klunky but I havent had any issues...cannon of a shot
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Prime Cruyff is a disappointment.

So are his baby and I assume the 91 too, he just doesn't make as much impact at the higher levels. Eusebio is way better.

What is missing for you with Cruyff? I've had the base one and he's been awesome as CAM/CF and ST depending on what formation I've used. He last until end of first half of extra time and then he's usually empty.

I must admit that Eusebio probably is better as a ST option.

Hes a very nice player to get highlights and smash people in WL with,but when the going gets tough hes the first one to peace out. Eusebio has way bigger "clutch"

F2tekks doesnt have a problem with him......he actually got rid of Eusebio
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sjaban wrote: »

Yeah it’s completely different. Kinda enjoyed it though, mostly because I could DI whatever I wanted with R9. Tempted to play a few more tbh.
  • EddieFicio
    21950 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2018
    Jshartman wrote: »
    nathswfc wrote: »
    Longbow wrote: »
    Can someone give a detailed review on 89 Socrates?

I’m looking to play him behind CR7 as CCAM with Neymar and Mbappe as L/R CAM in a 4231.

I’m currently playing Neymar as CCAM, albeit on 7 chem. Will he be better than Neymar?

I was asking this question yesterday, but his balance really worries me

I think he is fantastic...played him with engine to increase the balance......strength plus 4 star 5 star is very handy...Some people say he's klunky but I havent had any issues...cannon of a shot
    Prime Cruyff is a disappointment.

So are his baby and I assume the 91 too, he just doesn't make as much impact at the higher levels. Eusebio is way better.

What is missing for you with Cruyff? I've had the base one and he's been awesome as CAM/CF and ST depending on what formation I've used. He last until end of first half of extra time and then he's usually empty.

I must admit that Eusebio probably is better as a ST option.

Hes a very nice player to get highlights and smash people in WL with,but when the going gets tough hes the first one to peace out. Eusebio has way bigger "clutch"

F2tekks doesnt have a problem with him......he actually got rid of Eusebio

Neither you or I are f2tekks so thats irrelevant for my personal opinion/experience.

The kid can make Iñaki Williams look like a world beater
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1405 posts Professional
    ethnick wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »

@hoban95 hahaha i did the opposite! aguero is great just a bit small needed a bigger body/arieal threat.

GG today nick i was the guy with Pele
  • DutchstarxX
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Middle or baby Stoichkov vs baby best or a icon midfielder? What do you guys recommend?
  • krakos000
    17523 posts World Class
    Middle or baby Stoichkov vs baby best or a icon midfielder? What do you guys recommend?

Prime Nedved. 5 star wf>>>>
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best CM under 1 million coins? Going to be playing in a 4411, thinking Veron
  • Ghotti
    3286 posts National Call-Up
    krakos000 wrote: »

you are not a authoritative becasue of your avatar :D:D:D
  • krakos000
    17523 posts World Class
    Ghotti wrote: »

I just changed it today though ;)
  • HeroBent
    4669 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Ghotti wrote: »

I just changed it today though ;)

Still not a autuoriative for various reasons;-)

I love that they finally have given nedved 4* skills. Some FIFA agi he just had 3*. So annoying as he is one of my favorite players of all time.
  • Beroe
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great reviews on prime Raul and MVB. if i have to choose between them, which one is better for a lone striker ?
  • Koolfashion
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lets try 90 Griezmann as a lone striker in 4231 :D

I am so mad that I rage sold my Raul for 1,83 after WL, and now I am hearing is close to 2 mil.

Smh
  • jimbeam3678
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So I need some help! Bought Eusebio prime promptly played him at ccam with best left cam,Nedved other cam and cr7 up top.

Eusebio seems run past cr7 and they sort interfere with each other. It’s frustrating as hell as Eusebio is clearly top drawer but I’m missing something with him.

Wheres his best position?

Anyone help ? I've slept on it and its still annoying me! Anyone offer any advice? Is Euseibo and out and out striker? Or is he better as an outside cam?