Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Carlos181
    3790 posts National Call-Up
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Question for Messi acolytes - how’d you get him to last a full game?

Don’t get why people have issues with his stamina. I always go 2 games before I apply a squad fitness in WL, and he always has plenty of stamina left at the end of the 2nd match.

Where do ya play him? He’s getting burned out as CAM in 433(4). Using stay central instruction. @Carlos181

CF in 4411. I actually control him a lot, and try to create space with him. The only time I see him burn through stamina is when I play someone better, and I keep having to play out the back a ton.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Question for Messi acolytes - how’d you get him to last a full game?

Don’t get why people have issues with his stamina. I always go 2 games before I apply a squad fitness in WL, and he always has plenty of stamina left at the end of the 2nd match.

Where do ya play him? He’s getting burned out as CAM in 433(4). Using stay central instruction. @Carlos181

CF in 4411. I actually control him a lot, and try to create space with him. The only time I see him burn through stamina is when I play someone better, and I keep having to play out the back a ton.

OK, this actually makes sense - the only formation I’ve consistently seen people not have an issue with him playing in is 4411...I think 433s are just too wide open for him.
  • EddieFicio
    21389 posts Club Captain
    What happened to prime Sol @Blarix is the price fix over? :trollface:
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    What happened to prime Sol @Blarix is the price fix over? :trollface:

:joy:

His price is not budging man. Lowest he has been was 770k no profit in that. Every other cb has lost good 50-100k the big ones.
  • Reus
    22440 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »
    91 mvb taking no prisoners in wl this week, he has been on fire

Now has 126 goals and 32 assists in 88 games

@Reus Jesus what formation? He was literal trash for me in 4321 and 4231.

Iv always done well with poachers

As most of my creating is done by other players and I just need someone who can score
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    5af3cf98355512f9535196a8993f6225.jpg

giphy.gif

Will wait till tomorrow to see if that last player hits my target price.

• WonderMouse
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    Blarix wrote: »

giphy.gif

Bonkers team.

No Best no party though

Telles will still be the best player on the pitch, that guy is immense
  • Esteban Winsmore
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Baby Pele or Prime Rivaldo + Nedved? Pele would play at LF in a 3421.
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect

giphy.gif

GG
  • Parlabane
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    88 Raul or 87 ADP. Which one would you guys recommend as CF behind 89 Van Basten?
  • mjs4p
    11088 posts Has That Special Something
    @Blarix bought his team! Everyone panic buy! :D
  • I know, not an icon, but damn Messi is good. All of y’all talking him up convinced me to buy him instead of using a cheap team around mid butra or prime Nedved. Messi is just so good on the ball, then his shot and passing are top notch. No clue how he’s so cheap
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    Seedorf is amazing imo, the 88 anyway

91 or go home

Seedorf 85 is mental, havent tried the 88 or 91 but dont even feel the need to upgrade.
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move

giphy.gif

Thats ridiculous.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    Oh crap...Blarix bought. I'm screwed...ha

Sick team dude
  • Guvnor
    1033 posts Professional
    Just to reply to the few who asked about 91 baggio, I have been very impressed with him at cam, his runs are amazing, finesse shot very good , lovely through balls and surprisingly always seems to be in the right place for headers, having five star dribbling is nice at cam too, He is most enjoyable and NEW which is a winner.

hope that helps!
  • Sjaban
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guvnor wrote: »
    Just to reply to the few who asked about 91 baggio, I have been very impressed with him at cam, his runs are amazing, finesse shot very good , lovely through balls and surprisingly always seems to be in the right place for headers, having five star dribbling is nice at cam too, He is most enjoyable and NEW which is a winner.

hope that helps!

Considering him or Scholes. What u guys reckon is a good price for 91 Baggio and 91(88) scholes? And any good review on scholes?
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    For those who recommended Petit ( @Blarix among them), you guys were right. I overlooked him constantly, but he’s precisely what I needed. What a machine.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20393 posts Club Captain
    Sjaban wrote: »
    Guvnor wrote: »

hope that helps!

Considering him or Scholes. What u guys reckon is a good price for 91 Baggio and 91(88) scholes? And any good review on scholes?

Low 800s good on Baggio. Very fun card for CAM with his dribbling ability to open up his finesse shot.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also thanks for the Messi advice - I moved to 4411 (hence the Petit inclusion) and he’s reaving souls.
  • EddieFicio
    21389 posts Club Captain
    Prime Cruyff is a disappointment.

So are his baby and I assume the 91 too, he just doesn't make as much impact at the higher levels. Eusebio is way better.
  • Mic2904
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    Does Maradona work in CM in a 433?

:joy: :joy:

Right, thanks for your lovely comments about Maradona in a 433 - point taken 😁

What would be a solid alternative as CM in any of the 433?

I could switch back to 42121 which I played last season, but somehow I feel very comfortable with a 433 and actually 4321.
  • krakos000
    17450 posts World Class

I could switch back to 42121 which I played last season, but somehow I feel very comfortable with a 433 and actually 4321.

Literally anyone but maradona. Use nedved
  • Mic2904
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    krakos000 wrote: »

Facing a dilemma then 😂

I am not really that good but always wanted to play with Maradona.... Will have a think about it 👍
  • krakos000
    17450 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »

Facing a dilemma then 😂

I am not really that good but always wanted to play with Maradona.... Will have a think about it 👍

Use a different formation and get him into a more attacking role then. He is not a cm.
  • EddieFicio
    21389 posts Club Captain
    Or put him at striker
  • Campino
    26886 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2018
    90 Gullit

Poverty @Blarix

Pfft
  • Kamilflage
    4537 posts National Call-Up

So are his baby and I assume the 91 too, he just doesn't make as much impact at the higher levels. Eusebio is way better.

Honestly he requires you to REALLY know how to dribble...otherwise hes avg.
  • Littleland95
    16694 posts Moderator

What is missing for you with Cruyff? I've had the base one and he's been awesome as CAM/CF and ST depending on what formation I've used. He last until end of first half of extra time and then he's usually empty.

I must admit that Eusebio probably is better as a ST option.
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    Campino wrote: »
    90 Gullit

Poverty @Blarix

Pfft
    Exactly my thought. 88 Vieira as well. Man‘s been hacked or what?