• Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Saekerhett wrote: »
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

I don't like people unaturally profiting from other players

Well, isn’t that what the market is about? Supply and demand? Nobody’s got a gun to your head saying you must complete the SBCs...

No that's not what the market is about, if it was, EA wouldn't be clamping down in it. Its not a trading game, you love trading so much? Get in to ForEX, make some real money

I don't understand why "traders" have this false sense of accomplishment, like they are getting one over on people that spend money. Without people spending money they're probably wouldn't be ultimate team
    Jesus you are rattled sunshine.

Not at all lad, just bored of people with too much time an not enough money playing hard done by when they get banned

Playing hard done by when we get banned? You're touched in the head. They have banned me for absolutely no reason. I did nothing that violated their terms of service or rules. That is quite literally illegal. And I have the money to spend on this game, I just choose not to because it's an absolute ripoff. I'm not about to waste who knows how much money opening packs that aren't even close to being worth it.

Why did you have multiple IF Hectors?
    It is against terms of service to do anything that could be considered market manipulation, which most trading methods are.

If you cant/wont spend money that's fine, just play the game, so many rewards this year

If EA believes having more than 1 of the same player is not correct, why don’t they block that? It is very simple. You only can have 1 instance of a player.

In my opinion that's the way it should be, or maybe 2 so you can have 1 you use and 1 you are saving to complete an SBC.

Maybe they will change it. You can all tell me I'm mad an I don't know what I'm talking about but I think it's very clear that EA are trying to remove trading from the game

If EA wanted it changed they would.

They control everything. They are the ones that control drop rates. If they wanted SBCs to be cheaper then they could make that happen. The fact remains, cheap SBCs means minimal FP purchases. That's against their whole business model for FUT.

Totally killing trading would have a dire effect on their business model, you know why? Because some "traders" still buy FPs to top up funds and invest in more players.

So in summary, blame the government not the people!
    FifaCity16 wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Well, isn’t that what the market is about? Supply and demand? Nobody’s got a gun to your head saying you must complete the SBCs...

No that's not what the market is about, if it was, EA wouldn't be clamping down in it. Its not a trading game, you love trading so much? Get in to ForEX, make some real money

I don't understand why "traders" have this false sense of accomplishment, like they are getting one over on people that spend money. Without people spending money they're probably wouldn't be ultimate team

Not at all lad, just bored of people with too much time an not enough money playing hard done by when they get banned

You're crying about people trading yet you have no problem maxing out mommy's credit card on Fifa Points ? Lolol people like you are what's wrong with this community

1. Not crying
    2. Adult, use my own money
    3. Not a penny spent on credit card

Grow up, we can disagree and have mature conversation about it without assumptions and being obnoxious

I just want to ask seen as u buy packs
    do u not sell what u get in those packs on the market ?
    Or do U just keep everything as u don’t agree with trading ?

I sell anything of decent value, immediately. I don't keep in my club until it's hyper inflated. Everything else I use or put in to SBC's.

I'm one of the few that still see's playing matches as the main thing.

I get the point your trying to make but its not the same.
    Trading is trading so yes it’s exactly the same who’s to say u have to sell everything right away

So what your saying is everyone else should what u do because your way is the rite way

• Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Not sure why they don't cap the amount of one player you can hold.

Every player manipulates the market on a daily basis. Everyone buys players for sbcs they believe will drop.

I have every single dutch league player because I want a good dutch league player. If they all suck and the rewards too then I may sell them all. Doesn't mean I wanted to manipulate the market for coins but it's no different to anticipation.

On the companion app it says "make bank" on the transfer list. If people do they ban them.
  • Elvisreus
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    @PlayaDanDaManFee
    l sorry for you mate. I understand that frustration. It’s definitely not your fault. One of the best things about this game is trading. If this game only allows us to get the players by buying packs, I’d rather play the season mode then. With the probability to get the quality players, how much money am I going to need for an icon Gullit ?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5450 posts Big Money Move
    I sold more than 70 Jovic cards for a huge profit, I guess I'm next.

I would understand if you were actually selling coins, but EA seem to have a real hatred for traders this year. Seen loads gets banned for the same thing. I just don't get it, the only way to afford the best players outside of WL/SBC pack luck and blowing thousands on packs is to trade.

• CharlieC
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    They are literally doing everything they can to kill the game this year.
  • MuzzaLUFC
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I got a forum warning for calling them cu... earlier. I stand by my comment. Vermin!
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    They are literally doing everything they can to kill the game this year.

It makes me not want to buy Fifa next year if you can get randomly banned for simple trading. Imagine putting so much into the game to be banned for selling a few silvers or something
  • Poolstu123
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Playing hard done by when we get banned? You're touched in the head. They have banned me for absolutely no reason. I did nothing that violated their terms of service or rules. That is quite literally illegal. And I have the money to spend on this game, I just choose not to because it's an absolute ripoff. I'm not about to waste who knows how much money opening packs that aren't even close to being worth it.

It is against terms of service to do anything that could be considered market manipulation, which most trading methods are.

If you cant/wont spend money that's fine, just play the game, so many rewards this year

If EA believes having more than 1 of the same player is not correct, why don’t they block that? It is very simple. You only can have 1 instance of a player.

In my opinion that's the way it should be, or maybe 2 so you can have 1 you use and 1 you are saving to complete an SBC.

Maybe they will change it. You can all tell me I'm mad an I don't know what I'm talking about but I think it's very clear that EA are trying to remove trading from the game

So you want no market at all?

Once everyone has packed their 2 joe harts what happens to the rest of the cards you’ve spent your money on opening packs? Just discard them?

How far in to fifa do you think you can get before you’re discarding every pack?
    And how long in to fifa will sbcs be released so that everyone has at least one of these players so that it’s ‘fair for everyone’ to have the same chance of completing it? Oh is that when you want to sell your second card? Oh so a market will be ok then if it suits you?

Grow up man
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Once everyone has packed their 2 joe harts what happens to the rest of the cards you’ve spent your money on opening packs? Just discard them?

How far in to fifa do you think you can get before you’re discarding every pack?
    And how long in to fifa will sbcs be released so that everyone has at least one of these players so that it’s ‘fair for everyone’ to have the same chance of completing it? Oh is that when you want to sell your second card? Oh so a market will be ok then if it suits you?

Grow up man

Did I say I didn't want a market or did I say people shouldn't be able to have more than 2 of each player in their club at a time?

Don't skew what I've said to better suit your narrative.
  • CeeQue
    10784 posts Has That Special Something
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Grow up man

Did I say I didn't want a market or did I say people shouldn't be able to have more than 2 of each player in their club at a time?

So what exactly do you want? You don't want people to make profits from trading? Only from packing SB, WL, SBC's seems rather arrogant but good thing your not an EA employee.
  • mojoaoe
    56 posts Park Captain
    I got an email this morning saying i received a permanent market ban for the same reason, thought it was a joke. Then i realized i sold my 2nd xbox yesterday with my account on it and my phone somewhat recently so that person could've had easy access to my **** and stole my coins. called to complain about my personal information getting compromised, resetting my pw, and getting my coins and market back. hopefully they don't screw me over and it doesn't take long to investigate. If they don't reinstate I really see no point in owning this game anymore. ive had my account since 2009 and never been banned or anything like that before...
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    CeeQue wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Grow up man

So what exactly do you want? You don't want people to make profits from trading? Only from packing SB, WL, SBC's seems rather arrogant but good thing your not an EA employee.

I dont want people making huge profits at the expense of other players. I don't see why you think you have the divine right to appoint yourself as a middle man between EA and people that want to just play the game. Like some sort of FUT market broker.

Your skimming off the top, you shouldn't be able to.

Yes I'm not an EA employee but it looks like they feel the same as I do on the matter so enjoy it while it lasts mate.
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    RIP trading. About time

pardon me for finding it hilarious but why are you on a thread using widely for training and sbc tips ?

I'd agree if somone is hoarding 100 of one player, but there are people getting bans for selling 10 players at max BIN

now its your beloved EA that set the sales parameters. So, they could nip this in the bud tonight by simply saying 84s sell for 5k, 85s for 10k, 86s 20k etc job done.

but they dont. Oh no. In fact they will actively Raise max prices to drive them higher during busy events.

And who was it who set an icon sbc that needs a baby icon, raising their prices to max and making them almost extinct ? Traders ? nope EA

Who set a requirement of a German IF for the Sancho sbc, and then told everyone it was Staying The Same as they pulled it for 2 days, instantly pushing Every German IF up by 20k ??

EA LOVE traders really. They control the market and take all those 5% commissions off the market. Thus driving the need for packs. And lots of those pack buyers don't Want to use Messi...but they Do want to pack and sell him to buy their team

so applaud some guy getting banned for making a few K. But its EA who set, control AND profit from the transfer market

Be interested to hear you counter that arguement

• michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    interested to see how this will turn out, keep this bumped OP
  • munchie63
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Sorry I don't have hundreds of dollars to waste on packs that will return me 25% of their value... Give me a break.

No need to apologise, just keep squeezing coins of out people who have invested their hard earned money. Not your problem, right

Ahh. The reason you've got the hump becomes clearer. You buy fifa points, pack **** and get the hump when you have to pay 5k for a player to complete an sbc

well, how about the guy you bought that player from. Did he luckily pack him, or did he look 2 weeks ahead at possible MM's take a punt, buy 5 Sydney FC players, and get lucky ?

If you pack Bale on BF are you going to list him for 200k to help another player put or try for 400k ?

there's a question
  • agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    Simply holding on to multiple of a card is not manipulating the market. Holding onto a large percent of a card market (80% and up) perhaps, but most traders dont hold enough for that. Prices go up because of demand. Predicting that demand makes people smart and they derserve a hell of alot more respect than some clown who pumps his credit to get his squad
  • munchie63
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

What lol if people weren’t trading the game and market would be dead
    how would u buy your players ?
    The money ea gets now and look at state of game how bad do u think it would be if they didn’t get money from packs ?

Seriously Man U haven’t got a clue

Ps I don’t trade just I buy and sell my team and extra cards from rewards

Behave,people spending money on packs is what keeps the market alive. Money is king.

so, for a kid to get a half decent team he has to spend money ? or a parent should spend money on the game rather than his family ? in essence its what you're implying

the market is there. Its a big part of the game. Otherwise, why not just have Keep / Quick sell options ??

if someone sees the chance to buy a few bundes players fpr 700 each and then list them BIN 1200, make 5k and get himself a Kovacic thats bad is it ?

you're saying money is king and we should all pump money into a poor product.

stinks of someone with poor pack luck having a sulk because he knows he spends too much money on a video game thats dead inside 9mths
  • munchie63
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Too Much Time - from a man who's posted 574 comments in 7 weeks

wow you're really busy buddy
  • Alex_cr
    4793 posts National Call-Up
    munchie63 wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time

pardon me for finding it hilarious but why are you on a thread using widely for training and sbc tips ?

I'd agree if somone is hoarding 100 of one player, but there are people getting bans for selling 10 players at max BIN

now its your beloved EA that set the sales parameters. So, they could nip this in the bud tonight by simply saying 84s sell for 5k, 85s for 10k, 86s 20k etc job done.

but they dont. Oh no. In fact they will actively Raise max prices to drive them higher during busy events.

And who was it who set an icon sbc that needs a baby icon, raising their prices to max and making them almost extinct ? Traders ? nope EA

Who set a requirement of a German IF for the Sancho sbc, and then told everyone it was Staying The Same as they pulled it for 2 days, instantly pushing Every German IF up by 20k ??

EA LOVE traders really. They control the market and take all those 5% commissions off the market. Thus driving the need for packs. And lots of those pack buyers don't Want to use Messi...but they Do want to pack and sell him to buy their team

so applaud some guy getting banned for making a few K. But its EA who set, control AND profit from the transfer market

They’re not making huge profit at someone else’s expense! You choose whether to buy a player or not. I don’t trade but I really wish I could be bothered. It should be seen as another aspect of playing the game.

I find it frankly ridiculous that anyone has an issue with people being successful at a game without spending money. Good work all you traders out there!
  • I don't think people understand supply and demand here.

Traders don't set prices in golds, the market does. There is far to many cards getting packed to manipulate.

The price is set at where demand=supply. With IF's that are out of packs supply in finite and doesn't change, you cant pack that player, so when demand increases via a SBC or link the price will increase. This isn't because of the trader but because of the consumer. I want to complete Sancho but am not willing to pay 60k for a german IF, but others are as the price has stabilised there meaning demand=supply.When Sancho was taken away demand for German IF's fell which led to prices of the IF's falling.
  • munchie63
    Jammyjason wrote: »
    Good sick of going to do a sbc to find some prat like you had bought them all for 10k and now selling for 50

we've missed your wit and insight Jason. If only you had commented more than 20 times in 2 years you could've actually added something to the forum. Still....

btw the name you called him is enough for a ban
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    CeeQue wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time
    Y ?

Grow up man

I dont want people making huge profits at the expense of other players. I don't see why you think you have the divine right to appoint yourself as a middle man between EA and people that want to just play the game. Like some sort of FUT market broker.

Your skimming off the top, you shouldn't be able to.

Yes I'm not an EA employee but it looks like they feel the same as I do on the matter so enjoy it while it lasts mate.

I don’t understand your logic here. You speak coherently (most anti-traders suffer from a lack of intelligence and can barely string a sentence together), yet what you’re saying makes no sense.

If player X is 10k, and a popular SBC arrives at 6pm, which requires X, X’s price will rise to, say, 20k.

At 6:01, all of Xs listed for 10k have been bought as people rush to complete the SBC.
    The same happens again for Xs listed at 11k, 12k etc all the way up to 20k, where the price settles.

This pattern was going to happen regardless of if I, and 100 others, have a tradepile full of player X. His price was going to settle at 20k even if no one invested in him.

How is it wrong if people predict what the next player X is going to be? It doesn’t affect the market, and it doesn’t affect the price X settles at in any way

• GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    RIP trading. About time

This was a thread about a guy getting banned, not some sort of trading hub.

You can't blame EA for people trading and/or exploiting the market. Especially with SBC's, what they can do is pretty limited. To blame EA is like saying, don't blame people for speeding, blame car manufacturers for making cars that can go so fast. Its illogical.

Would Lamboughini limiting their cars to 70mph max be a viable option to stop speeding, no.

Honestly, I doubt you'll find a bigger critic of EA than me, this is my opinion on trading. I don't care about EA, at all.

I wouldnt want the price range applied for all players of same rating, martial and pickford should obviously not be the same price.

But it should not be possible to store up to 100 and sometimes over 100 of 1 card in your club.

I also have no problem with card values increasing during times of high demand. But it just shouldn't be a pay day for "traders". I buy the game, EA release content, I want to participate in said content. Why should you be getting your palms greased as part of that transaction?

Just because something CAN be done, that doesn't make it advisable or ok. That's basics.

Obviously the majority of you guys dont agree with me, and that's fine. I expected no different, I just have a different perspective on things, maybe it's because of what I do for a living, who knows.

Anyway, good chat lads
  • munchie63
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time

They’re not making huge profit at someone else’s expense! You choose whether to buy a player or not. I don’t trade but I really wish I could be bothered. It should be seen as another aspect of playing the game.

I find it frankly ridiculous that anyone has an issue with people being successful at a game without spending money. Good work all you traders out there!

mate I'm supporting trading. why are you quoting and digging me out ?
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    This has been by far the most interesting discussion I've seen on this forum on months.
  • Bellstar23
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jesus they don't like you making any coins, they know full well you probably ain't distributing coins cause they can check your account, it's just **** mate. They don't like anyone making coins unless it's there actual traders or unless your buying fifa points.
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Traders ruin the market for everyone else. Constantly boosting player values just so they can make a few coins. Not to mention the fact that there are still certain illegal trading methods out there that also do the same thing. If ppl only bought cards they wanted to use there wouldn't be a single player over 2 mil let alone half the icons that are over that price now and even all you people who trade would be able to afford whatever you wanted by just playing because you wouldnt be artificially inflating prices.
  • Alex_cr
    4793 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    RIP trading. About time

mate I'm supporting trading. why are you quoting and digging me out ?

Oops! Quoted the wrong guy! Apologies
  • munchie63
    edited November 2018
    RIP trading. About time

You can't blame EA for people trading and/or exploiting the market. Especially with SBC's, what they can do is pretty limited. To blame EA is like saying, don't blame people for speeding, blame car manufacturers for making cars that can go so fast. Its illogical.

Would Lamboughini limiting their cars to 70mph max be a viable option to stop speeding, no.

Honestly, I doubt you'll find a bigger critic of EA than me, this is my opinion on trading. I don't care about EA, at all.

I wouldnt want the price range applied for all players of same rating, martial and pickford should obviously not be the same price.

But it should not be possible to store up to 100 and sometimes over 100 of 1 card in your club.

I also have no problem with card values increasing during times of high demand. But it just shouldn't be a pay day for "traders". I buy the game, EA release content, I want to participate in said content. Why should you be getting your palms greased as part of that transaction?

Just because something CAN be done, that doesn't make it advisable or ok. That's basics.

Obviously the majority of you guys dont agree with me, and that's fine. I expected no different, I just have a different perspective on things, maybe it's because of what I do for a living, who knows.

Anyway, good chat lads

you sound like you're smart but miss a huge point.

the guy banned hasnt controlled the market with his 20 Hector cards

EA released an SBC that required a German IF and that raised their prices.

EA also TOLD everyone 2 days ago that the requirement would stay the same. So Anyone couldve bought hector as he dropped back to 25-30k.
    EA's tip off alerted smart players that buying those IF's would be a good idea.

All EA had to do was remove the German IF requirement. As it is, Sancho is English so it shouldn't have been a German needed anyway. Thats yet another EA bodge up

How about SBC's that require silver players. I can guarantee they are happening now, and last year a certain silver RW was going for 40k. Not because some young kid had 20 of him. But because the brains at EA released a league sbc and a team only had 1 RM/RW in the club. Now, they couldve used a brick slot, r even better, released loads of that player into the market via daily objective silver rewards, or put more into packs.

but they chose not to.

what does that tell you ??

Right now there are Italian silver CB's that are 6-8k because of the sbc. I opened the 5 silver player packs available on Sunday. Guess how many Italian CB's I got

EA control prices, paramaters, and how many of each card is on the market

dont blame some kid who had the foresight (with EA Coreys tweet to help him) invest in 20 IF's
  • madwullie
    4150 posts National Call-Up
    RIP trading. About time

Anyway, good chat lads

Mate it was a terrible chat. You had no coherent argument and were roundly schooled by most contributers. Your arguments were mainly strawmen that were picked apart with ease, and your attempted air of mystery and edginess reeks of desperation to leave. Which you did, but not before cherry picking a handful of arguments that had little to do with whatever abortive point you were trying to make in the first place.

This is a football game, a trading game and a card collection game all rolled into one. If you want to play a football game alone, play seasons. That's they way I see it anyway, but maybe that's just because of what I do for a living. Absolute clownshoe.