The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Got mbappe tonight been disappointed so far :(

Foxsake
2526 posts Fans' Favourite
Kinda gutted only 2 goals in 5 matches at striker expected more from him

Comments

• GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    He's really inconsistent for me to
  • Foxsake
    Kinda gutted considering I’ve spent last 2 weeks saving for him
    He's really inconsistent for me to

• Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    He is decent for me... I use him on left wing.. in 4231(2).. pops up with goals now and then...
  • Foxsake
    I will switch him to that side then
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    He is decent for me... I use him on left wing.. in 4231(2).. pops up with goals now and then...

• Phyan
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    Find when i buy a player i wanted for a while i play everything through him, maybe try just let it happen naturally. Although Hazard>Mbappe.
  • Boysie91
    9685 posts Has That Special Something
    Sold him I just don't get on much with wingers they never seem to score for me even in good opportunities
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I found Bale offered more for that price.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Foxsake wrote: »
    I will switch him to that side then
    Noob_FC wrote: »

Also put deadeye on him to boost his shooting.. He has good pace already... His passing and shooting need boosting
  • Aspral
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    I never really struggle playing against him tbh.

Make him a rf and play him as a striker instead
  • RR_A10
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    I love the card. I didn’t think he’d be anything special based on his stats but he’s been awesome for me.

Play him striker, he thrives in that position. Clinical as they come. Him and Griezmann up top are a deadly duo.
  • elcapitan379
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He's not gonna bang in goals without you controlling him tho. Most ppl change the way they play slightly with new players expecting miracles ect
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alexvdven
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe he will work for you tomorrow when the gameplay has changed completely again.
  • FaFiFa
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Bale is much better
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    He doesn't like being played out of position.

Played for me (loan) on the rw and was a menace.

He called me yesterday and asked why everyone pays him as striker.
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bought him as well tonight....he’s really good. Playing him at striker next to potm Reus. Missed a few chances but overall very happy with him. I’ve learnt to just buy players you like in real life. Any 1k striker will average 2 goals every 3 games if you’re half decent. Don’t really expect mbappe to score that much more but with the players you like, when they score it just feels better
  • VandyDuke
    43 posts Park Captain
    Packed Pogba and he just wasn’t playing as well as what I could get for him on the market. Kante has been more of a difference maker for my team.
  • Eroberto
    1422 posts Professional
    Mbappe opens up the field for the rest of my team. It’s kinda hard to explain but he doesn’t put up the goals that I expected from him and when I sold him awhile back for bale, bale had better goal to game ratio but I was losing more games so I went back to mbappe and my record improved. He creates a lot of easy chances for the rest of my team. I use him at left cam in 4231 and RS in 41212(2) but i mostly play 4231
  • Maximus AK47
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used Mbappe for like 2 weeks or so .

Tried him at RW and ST

My verdict is he is very fun card to play , but not clinical scoring machine. (Same as Messi last year for instance)

Mbappe best quality is dribbling obviously.

For that reason it’s too hard to use that best trait at STr position. AI defense is too OP this year , no space for dribbling throu center box area. His finishing is good enough but not better than Mertens / Griezman/ Ben Yedder or etc

Mbappe is best in 1v1 or 1v2 when he has space during counter attack ... he is much less effective in positional attack

So I believe he is better at winger / RF/LF .

Does he perform to the price of 350k ? > no of course , but is he the best RW card ? Most fun to use ? > I believe yes for sure .

Ps : I personally get Neymar 1st and than Mbappe later (Neymar is more effective game changer)
  • Maximus AK47
    1597 posts Play-Off Hero
    Eroberto wrote: »
    Mbappe opens up the field for the rest of my team. It’s kinda hard to explain but he doesn’t put up the goals that I expected from him and when I sold him awhile back for bale, bale had better goal to game ratio but I was losing more games so I went back to mbappe and my record improved. He creates a lot of easy chances for the rest of my team. I use him at left cam in 4231 and RS in 41212(2) but i mostly play 4231
    That’s exactly it .

He creates more chances for the team apart from scoring
  • Lokomorroco
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You need to get better fam, ive had him for Over 250 games 210 goals all, He’s insane, Can miss some opportunities but like most players, he has a set of attributes that make him effective if you know how to utilize certain techniques
  • El_Nino
    4145 posts National Call-Up
    Decent player, nothing special at all for me, finishing was akin to someone with 81 shooting, very average, doesn’t feel particularly great physically either.
    Pace/dribbling are both great making him a good winger and one of the better non icon options, however don’t understand the amount who play him striker, I tried it and he was fairly poor at ST tbh
  • TitiCamara
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Couldn't get him into the chem at all. An IF Traore played out of position on the other side was banging in more than him.
  • Foxsake
    Will try him this weekend if he don’t perform mahrez otw is bs k in my team
    And with the new upgrade he will get
    He will be like neymar
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like him as a winger. Bale was better for as a striker
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mbappe is inconsistent. Tried him. Sold after 3 games. He lacks something. Can’t put a finger on it exactly.
  • GeTRiGhT
    9561 posts League Winner
    Tried Bale after he tore me up...

Didn't do crap...bought Mbappe back...so much better for me.
  • Foxsake
    I felt the same
    Mbappe is inconsistent. Tried him. Sold after 3 games. He lacks something. Can’t put a finger on it exactly.