Finishing

maXmood
1983 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2018
apparently i have a problem in finishing, especially in champs.. these are just 2 examples of my 28 games in Champs (got 12wins most of them by lucky shots!).

fc40f0c8e8df1f663f15b6222f3befd2.png
c2aeb983a771e2b87ec88a8689adc415.png

i only recently started playing like 3 weeks ago, in Rivals i started @ div 6, and now 200points short of div 4 (not been playing much).. i've been getting constant wins (i'd say 8 out 10 games i'm winning). finishing is fine, but it's not the same in Champs..

It's always wide, and occasionally either the post or the goalie's hands.. but it's not the same in Rivals..

are there any settings i need to change to get better finishing? i've turned off timed-shot, because i'm used to the old system.. i've also (like i usually do) copied every setting from the previous fifa to the new one, so nothing is missing..

p.s. in previous fifa, i'm usually in Div1, and get about 25 wins in Champs (due to time constraints).

here are my 2 teams

6025de984c6571eefe8756f04f90959f.png
a9779db519ac3b120a5c673e70f99d5f.png

Comments

• From what I can tell, timed finishing is not optional at the higher levels, you have to do it.
  • Dead Whip
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    libertao wrote: »
    From what I can tell, timed finishing is not optional at the higher levels, you have to do it.

I’ve finished elite the past 2 weeks and have never used timed finishing. It’s just about making the space.
  • maXmood
    Dead Whip wrote: »
    libertao wrote: »
    From what I can tell, timed finishing is not optional at the higher levels, you have to do it.

I’ve finished elite the past 2 weeks and have never used timed finishing. It’s just about making the space.

i have enough space, but shots aren't accurate, that's all.. i'm thinking it has to do with the fact that EA is trying to drive ppl to use the new system (timed-finish) which is more accurate than the old system, especially in Champs..
  • Baker
    1457 posts Professional
    Maybe record all your missed chances (ones you consider easy) then we can tell you what you could of done differently.
  • maXmood
    edited November 2018
    Baker wrote: »
    Maybe record all your missed chances (ones you consider easy) then we can tell you what you could of done differently.

i could do that, but what's the point?? even 1v1 with the keeper and still goes wide! seriously, nothing differently i think i would've done. finesse or lace, and still goes wide. i even replaced the controller thinking it might be the sticks aren't accurate because of the abuse it went through, but that didn't make any difference.

it might be an option that i missed that i need to turn off/on, or maybe it's just different in champs and i need to get used to timed-finish
  • Overevil
    2673 posts Fans' Favourite
    If your problem is 1vs1 timed finishing can't help
    Chip shot work very good if keeper is running vs you, if not just power shoot with 2.5-3 bars
    Ps: noticed that inside the box you don't have to aim for across the body every single time
    First-touch shooting somehow works better so don't overthink and just press shooting button in the box