Rate FIFA 19 /10

Comments

• protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    I dont think you can even fix this game at this point without tearing everything down first. Its like trying to fix a building that is already rotten and falling apart. Tear it down and build something new. Admit that timed finishing is a terrible concept. We dont need more long shots to go in than before. Its a terrible idea to decrease the number of 1v1 chances scored by introducing timed finishing and basically removing driven and driven finesse shots from the game. Reward people for creating chances, not for taking absolutely ridic shots and only focusing on counter attacks. Introduce a new manual defending sytem to stop punishing people for actually trying to defend and tackle themselves. Make crossing less random. I concede after random crosses alld ay long but I can not aim a cross the way I want to. Theres no way to aim a cross exactly the way I want and its frustrating as hell. Fix Referees, they miss fouls, give away laughable penalties and the number of wrong corner/throw in decisions is absolutely laughable. Tall, strong strikers are completely useless because you can tackle them from all directions even before the ball really arrives and no foul is even given. AI players are pushing players away OFF THE BALL, that is a complete RNG joke and a foul is never given. Players refuse to run towards the ball while the defender does. Players refuse to first time pass/shoot/cross for no reason at all. Then theres this bug where u want to cross and slide instead or you want to tackle and you shoot instead. I could go on for hours, literally. This game is so broken its just beyond me.
  • Andanesean
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    Gameplay 3
    Career Mode 1 (For being stalemate since 2013)

I see no need to explore more about 19, all game improvement wishes have been mentioned. But I see something positive in all the criticisms EA reported for now. For me, Fifa 19 is either the start of FIFA's final, or EA sees what consequences it otherwise leads to getting them economically. The net is filled with negativity to FIFA 19, at least the users. I hope they change strategy (if for no other reason than economics) then so be it simply improve the game. Start with communication. And let's not use the administrators in this forum as scapegoats. Just hope it will be passed on to those who can really change the state of things.
  • maksi
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    SirT83 wrote: »
    There is a skill gap, and the gap Is shown by the percentage of people being in div 1. If there was no skill gap, allmost every player would be in the same division. So please, sit down and think before ranting.
    you forgot not everyone has the same squad level, most of the people in division 1-2 have god squads

FUT is a joke as a competitive mode, in no other e-sport you get access to better characters than your opponent.

• MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rudolf0514 wrote: »
    Gameplay 8/10.

Career Mode 1/10.

I was watching, admittedly, an AC Milan game on TV but I could not get over the similarity between that game and a FIFA19 game. Milan were terrible but, that’s the thing, most teams are terrible. Most teams don’t play like Barcelona. Most teams mishit passes, miscontrol the ball, hit terrible shots.

For those complaining that the ball isn’t going where they want it to go - what sort of game do they want to play?

Given that they’re sitting in front of giant TV with a controller, a helicopter view of the pitch and a map, how exactly do they envisage a situation where they might mis-hit a pass?

Surely if passes always went where you pointed every time there’d never be a mis-hit pass and you could just ping pong it around the pitch. Wait. Ah yes that’s the issue for people. They want to ping pong pass it. Well tough.

The game has its flaws no doubt but it’s one of the most realistic games I’ve ever played. Worts and all.

Career mode on the other hand, what’s the point?

Bro its a game not a real life simulator that's where things go wrong with FIFA... If I do a movement with my controller I expect and I want that my player and my team does that on the pitch as well ! Don't pass it somewhere else don't switch it to a random player miles away from the dribbler (manual switch between your own players absolutely **** and slow No matter how fast you press the button it either doesn't switch player or switches it to a player that doesn't even defend and close to the ball.) Also tackling you tackle some1 the ball rolls away there's 10 of your players facing the ball without high press they can easily get the ball yet you can't switch (again) and you have to start run a race with the same player you tackled with (that's enough for the realistic part) lmao and its only few examples of the many that exist in this game. The gameplay certainly better than last year in terms of pace but everything else is the same crap if not worse. And career mode is just pure crap not even worth a mention. They can put their champions league trophy in their **** and their "fully licensed Europe league as well" never saw a faker advertisement as for this game I really really regret that I bough this crap.

But if the ball always went where you pointed from the comfort of your own chair you'd never hit a misplaced pass?

Personally I think they should do it by way of probability.

Let's say the probability of hitting a successful:

5 yard pass is 90%,
    a 10 yard pass is 80%
    a 20 yard pass is 70%

and so on and so forth.

You then take a player with, say, a 50 passing stat. The probability of that player hitting a successful then becomes:

a 5 yard pass is 45%,
    a 10 yard pass is 40%
    a 20 yard pass is 35%

and so on and so forth.

Clearly 50 passing is a very low number.

There has to be some variation otherwise the ball will virtually never go astray. How can it? You have a helicopter view of the pitch.
  • TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rudolf0514 wrote: »
    Gameplay 8/10.

Career Mode 1/10.

I was watching, admittedly, an AC Milan game on TV but I could not get over the similarity between that game and a FIFA19 game. Milan were terrible but, that’s the thing, most teams are terrible. Most teams don’t play like Barcelona. Most teams mishit passes, miscontrol the ball, hit terrible shots.

For those complaining that the ball isn’t going where they want it to go - what sort of game do they want to play?

Given that they’re sitting in front of giant TV with a controller, a helicopter view of the pitch and a map, how exactly do they envisage a situation where they might mis-hit a pass?

Surely if passes always went where you pointed every time there’d never be a mis-hit pass and you could just ping pong it around the pitch. Wait. Ah yes that’s the issue for people. They want to ping pong pass it. Well tough.

The game has its flaws no doubt but it’s one of the most realistic games I’ve ever played. Worts and all.

Bro its a game not a real life simulator that's where things go wrong with FIFA... If I do a movement with my controller I expect and I want that my player and my team does that on the pitch as well ! Don't pass it somewhere else don't switch it to a random player miles away from the dribbler (manual switch between your own players absolutely **** and slow No matter how fast you press the button it either doesn't switch player or switches it to a player that doesn't even defend and close to the ball.) Also tackling you tackle some1 the ball rolls away there's 10 of your players facing the ball without high press they can easily get the ball yet you can't switch (again) and you have to start run a race with the same player you tackled with (that's enough for the realistic part) lmao and its only few examples of the many that exist in this game. The gameplay certainly better than last year in terms of pace but everything else is the same crap if not worse. And career mode is just pure crap not even worth a mention. They can put their champions league trophy in their **** and their "fully licensed Europe league as well" never saw a faker advertisement as for this game I really really regret that I bough this crap.

But if the ball always went where you pointed from the comfort of your own chair you'd never hit a misplaced pass?

Personally I think they should do it by way of probability.

Let's say the probability of hitting a successful:

5 yard pass is 90%,
    a 10 yard pass is 80%
    a 20 yard pass is 70%

and so on and so forth.

You then take a player with, say, a 50 passing stat. The probability of that player hitting a successful then becomes:

a 5 yard pass is 45%,
    a 10 yard pass is 40%
    a 20 yard pass is 35%

and so on and so forth.

Clearly 50 passing is a very low number.

There has to be some variation otherwise the ball will virtually never go astray. How can it? You have a helicopter view of the pitch.

Those percentages are far too low. Do you know how short 5 yards is? It's nothing - 95% and 70%
  • Guillotine_Mack
    1081 posts Professional
    Nahuel90 wrote: »
    FIFA 18
    10/10
    FIFA 19
    6.5/10
    still has potential if they fix the game

Fifa 18 ten out of ten? Are you high?
  • djeaze45
    56 posts Park Captain
    The half court ping pong passing and too much computer AI defending my rating a 5
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Those percentages are far too low. Do you know how short 5 yards is? It's nothing - 95% and 70%

They are very low. And they're just an example. But the general point remains that not all 5 yard passes go to their man. Even at professional level.

The main reasons are because of the pressure on the passer or receiver; or the passer and receiver misreading each other.

It's very hard to re-create this in a computer game where the player has a helicopter view of the pitch and knows exactly what he wants the passer and receiver to do. So there will be a degree of arbitrariness. At least with probabilities you tie that arbitrariness to the specific scenario (5 or 10 yard pass) and specific players (player's stats).
  • EWOODACE
    64 posts Park Captain

It's better than 18. 18 is the worst fifa ever so anything in my eyes was going to be an improvement
  • Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
  • Gooey
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I'd give it a 3 or 4. Had some troubles adapting from 18 but actually got to like to like its game mechanics after a while. But after a couple of months it's boring as hell. 18 had its problems and wasn't very realistic but I thought it was a lot of fun. 19 I can't make it thru 12 minutes versus the AI win, lose or draw and unfortunately more and more oponents online are playing like the AI.
  • Bogar
    13 posts Ball Boy
    After Update 1

Passing is broken
    Takling is a Joke
    Your defenders keep openning spaces for the attackers
    CDM are unseless, they dont cover anyone. they are there just to watch the match
    is to easy to score goals, you just need to skill your way in.
    All my oponenets just keep skilling or dribbling nobody try to build up anything.
    There are alway a lot of goals at least 3 goals per game, there is no 0x0.
    Is extremely hard to manual defend and too easy to score goals.
    I use to be addicted to the fia 17 because everytime I use to score it use to be a big deal. Now is just another goal.
  • Gazhunt1981
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    5 ....just glad there is no pace abuse like last year n ping pong passing is toned down a little this year...im just happy its not fifa 18 ...shudders
  • tarheels_forever
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
  • For me it still will be a 4, unless players would have to play with manual defending, passing and shooting.
  • Royalwhite
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    4 as the game is far from realistic!

- Attacker scoring a header from a corner kick no matter how many defenders have jumped to stop him and no matter how close they are to him !

- Hard tackles on all areas of player’s body remain unpunished ( some of which are inside the 18 yard and even in goal line )

- Constant Pressure for the length of the match is only way for your to prevail or at least be competitive , if you dare to play balanced you will go nowhere ( EA claimed that constant pressure will fatigue players faster , not true ! ) .

- With the constant pressure that everybody uses , the game has now turned to American football flavored with some skill moves , finesse shots and goals from corner kicks . I don’t know if we can still call it football game .

• Arkantos
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    i wonder why so many people who rate this game so badly buy it every year on.

i think fifa 18 was much worse and fifa 19 is a little improvement. But it's playable and i enjoy playing a few games a week and i like it.
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Arkantos wrote: »
    i wonder why so many people who rate this game so badly by it every year on.

i think fifa 18 was much worse and fifa 19 is a little improvement. But it's playable and i enjoy playing a few games a week and i like it.
    Like me many players buy because they have done since the 90s and hope one year EA will eventually listen and return the game to its former glory before UT riddled the game with STDs
  • Brovarrinho
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    My rating ? 2/10. Soundtrack is good this year and graphics is a bit better but that's not enough. Gameplay is disgusting and not enjoyable. Opponent is not your main rival, you have to face scripting and delay from great dedicated lovely EA servers. Die ASAP EA
  • DarkMakoEyes
    50 posts Park Captain
    My rating ? 2/10. Soundtrack is good this year and graphics is a bit better but that's not enough. Gameplay is disgusting and not enjoyable. Opponent is not your main rival, you have to face scripting and delay from great dedicated lovely EA servers. Die ASAP EA

This delay I think was included so Attackers had time to make the Timed Shot. Shame they affected the whole game.
  • tarheels_forever
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    5 ....just glad there is no pace abuse like last year n ping pong passing is toned down a little this year...im just happy its not fifa 18 ...shudders
    there may not be pace abuse this year, but there is severe pace suppression. in Fifa 19 there might as well not even be a pace rating.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    Game Ideas 9
    Execution 4

The actual game i would give a 6 as it could be good if corrected.

Cares given to consumers 1
  • Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain

Played fifa since 1998, this now is not a football game anymore. 100% AI decided **** .
  • Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Gameplay 8/10.

Career Mode 1/10.

Are u serious man??

The passing is atrocious. No one expects perfect passing, but I expect my passes to be accurate 90% of the times. Some of the matches I play i have like 40% pass accuracy. The most simple passes an 8 year old pro player would make, go horribly wide, and alot of times goes straight to an opponent who is in a dangerous situation and that simple little pass I expected to make ends up being a defensive battle for me . It's ****
  • Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain
    Tubbs76 wrote: »
    SirT83 wrote: »
    lpool wrote: »
    Id give it an 8 it happens every year people cant adapt to change and when its not going their way they just whinge and moan etc

So true, so frickin true. I'm so tired of players who can't adapt. The game is not perfect, but it's fine. It's better than it was last year.
    These haters needs to adapt. All the problems they present are either not happening to me or I'm able to do something about it.

What game are you playing? Not the one I have, this release is broken in every respect, it is pure garbage

This....

The game is garbage. Absolute garbage.
  • Tzatziki78 wrote: »

Are u serious man??

The passing is atrocious. No one expects perfect passing, but I expect my passes to be accurate 90% of the times. Some of the matches I play i have like 40% pass accuracy. The most simple passes an 8 year old pro player would make, go horribly wide, and alot of times goes straight to an opponent who is in a dangerous situation and that simple little pass I expected to make ends up being a defensive battle for me . It's ****

i guess your pass accuracy isn't the fault of fifa.
    in some cases i get a 70% accuracy, most of the time it's between 80-90% and i even had games with 100%.
  • Cooler08
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Tzatziki78 wrote: »
    Are u serious man??

Do you only get a low passing accuracy in online matches or offline matches also?

What is your passing settings on?