First FUT Champions for me

arcadie
104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Finally I registered for my first FUT champions weekend!

What should I realistically expect? To be honest all I want is a red player :) so 7 wins?

I started in Div 6, now swimming in Div 5, around 1300 - 1400 skill points.

I have an above than average team, I guess (87) and a poor-weak gameplay (I make quite a lot of mistakes in defence and most of the attacks are previsible). Another negative is that my connection is not very good and in Rivals most of the time I experience button lag.

What was your worst performance? Do you have any piece of advice?

Comments

• azza452
    1179 posts Professional
    Good luck, I find WL easier than rivals but often the connections and button delay is awful
  • 6 wins get you a under 84 red player. 11 and above gets you 1 red without rating cap. Gold 3 gives you 2 already. Have a look in the Fut Champs window
  • Ryanomates
    1949 posts Fans' Favourite
    I played my first one last weekend having not played fit champs for like two years (only ever bothered with about two). Similar division as you, I won 8 with 10 games to go, didn't have time for the rest. 50% of the ones I lost were extra time or penalties, so you should be able to achieve 13 for gold 3!
  • freakjas
    6580 posts Big Money Move
    Main advice I can give you is to not rush and take your time.
    If you rage cause of an undeserved loss take a break and continue later.
    Prefer wl over div rivals as well
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    I take a gap of 10-15 mins... after each game.. The game can be so frustrating.. with delay/your opponent... I always finish it in 2 days... 15 each day... And I don't finish all games.. I reach gold 3.. and stop playing.. Not bothered to play more.. Gold 4 rewards are good enough for me...
  • arcadie
    Thanks guys. Will let you know how it goes..

A good connection and matchmaking is all I want..
  • jonkero
    5820 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Just play for fun and don't get upset when you lose

It's just a game and you have to accept that there are better players then you.

And fix some proper game plans you can't live without them this fut
  • Game over for ya mate, WL is awful for connection and get ready for constant high pressure and ai controlled defence
  • alex1987
    5668 posts Big Money Move
    Be sure to put a pillow next to you to punch
  • Navraat
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    ...and last
  • arcadie
    Ah and plan to play at some unusual hours, Friday night (2 am), Saturday night..Sunday 22:00 -00:00. Would it be better?
    Or it's better connection and better opponents? should I care?
  • alex1987
    5668 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I do find the opponents easier on sunday's. Plus more rage quits.
  • ICUP
    4226 posts National Call-Up
    arcadie wrote: »
    Ah and plan to play at some unusual hours, Friday night (2 am), Saturday night..Sunday 22:00 -00:00. Would it be better?

If you are in the UK don't play between the hours of 12pm-7pm on Saturday as its delay haven

I play mine friday night in saturday morning.
    Saturday night & sunday morning.

1st ever WL I played from 6pm to 4am in the morning to play all 30 games and gameplay was sweet.
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a lot easier than Division Rivals. Make sure to take a few minutes break in-between games and to not allow the previous game (win or loss) effect you when you go into the next game. If you go on a losing streak then stop playing for the time being and pick it up later.
  • Navraat
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    Fut Champions starter kit

- punch bag
    - sweat wipes
    - extra controller
    - lube
    - POTM Lucas
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-fut-champions-rewards

Break down of rewards are here.
    You will get the rewards on Thursday 8am uk time
  • arcadie
    Just played my first game for test.

Lost 2-1, matchmaking was good 86 vs 86 team, but man...it was so slooooow (I am based in Luxembourg, and don't have fiber :disappointed: just regular ADSL)

I have the feeling that the opponent had the same slow-mo, otherwise he could have destroyed me

Will not touch until 2 am tomorrow, hoping for the best

• Fryzern
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ICUP wrote: »

If you are in the UK don't play between the hours of 12pm-7pm on Saturday as its delay haven

1st ever WL I played from 6pm to 4am in the morning to play all 30 games and gameplay was sweet.

Not had any connection issues this year although did last. Only on basic net with Virgin Media too
  • ICUP
    4226 posts National Call-Up
    Fryzern wrote: »

Not had any connection issues this year although did last. Only on basic net with Virgin Media too

No connection issue with Virgin Media? Im flabbergasted
  • Artiboy
    86 posts Park Captain
    Played for the 1st time last weekend. I got 13 wins. I didnt play the full 30 games.
    Most of my defeats were to a late goal or due to the speed up glitch.
    Its definitely easier that Rivals.
    I also packed CL Cuardado from one of my rewards packs!
  • Oh also don't worry about using high rated players a cheap fast epl team will do
  • arcadie
    2nd match - victory at penalties, will get drunk soon :).
    1st half ok, the second one pretty laggy

PS In WL they don’t display the arrow for penalties?
  • arcadie
    Just a quick update, coz’ I am happy :)

14 wins in 20 games. Guess I am gonna stop since I am in glory

For me the experience was way much better than rivals, I didn’t loose a single match where I didn’t deserve
  • Fryzern
    Fryzern wrote: »

No connection issue with Virgin Media? Im flabbergasted

Fifa 18 I have a few issues where the game would stop and then play really fast to catch up to the live play. Not had any issues so far on this Fifa. I’m sure our connection is only 50mb atm
  • Fryzern
    edited November 2018
    Just a quick update, coz’ I am happy :)

14 wins in 20 games. Guess I am gonna stop since I am in glory

For me the experience was way much better than rivals, I didn’t loose a single match where I didn’t deserve

Go for the 17 bro and no, no like for pens. Lost so many shootouts because I actually try and go either side and end up hitting the post 3 or 4 in a row lol
  • arcadie
    Finished with 18 wins, a lot more better than expected.
    Very time consuming, don't know if I can repeat the experience this year :)
  • arcadie wrote: »
    Finished with 18 wins, a lot more better than expected.
    Very time consuming, don't know if I can repeat the experience this year :)

This is incredible, man. Im on my first and was 8-5 now 8-10. 6 losses in a row, one as a rage red card and own goal (I try the most to avoid it, but it makes me furious on how my strikers are like bronze 59 players while I have a not awesome but honest 86 team). Will do my last 12 games and see how I can go. All I wanted was 6 wins, now aiming 11.

Different than you, I lost 4 matches where I dominated and had like incredible 10+ shoots on bar and times where I got the rebound and my striker "crashed"/froze instead of shooting while keeper was on floor.

Will get back now and do my last 12 games, hope I don't rage again.
  • bezo85
    1043 posts Professional
    Just finished my first FUT Champions this year. Surprisingly found it easier with rivals. Finished on 17 wins from 29 games. (Would have been 18 wins if my cat didn’t somehow eject the disc during a game when I was 2-0 up!). Hopefully Salah gets in TOTW and I pick him.