The Squad Building Challenges *I LOVE LEAGUE SBCS* Appreciation Thread *IT'S SEPTEMBER!* 🦖🏀🦎 🌫⛅

Comments

• Artiboy
    84 posts Park Captain
    What actually happend? Ive missed everything!
  • Scutch
    11877 posts Has That Special Something
    I bought an 87 Lineker for 670k on bids. Submitted it and completed the other challenges and chose Prime Vieri (knowing I could submit him again). I then did the same thing again (costing more this time as IF's and bronze/silver players tanked), and chose Prime Zanetti. The third time I did this, I completed all 4 squads but didn't submit, as I was trying to bulk buy IF's and low rated rare bronzes. When I tried to submit, the SBC had ended, and I lost all of the players I had put into the squads, including Prime Zanetti :(

Even if I had submitted Prime Zanetti, and not the other challenges, I've still lost him and won a Jumbo Rare Players pack which could return big, or, more likely, return 30 discards (or however many players are in that pack). So if they reinstate the SBC tonight, I'd have to buy another Icon to complete the challenge, even though I've already done that part. It's an absolute shambles, and ultimately I'm down by well more than 670k (plus buying IF's and bronze/silver players that I've now lost).

The only compensation that would be just is returning my coins to me that I spent on doing the SBC that ended prematurely. That then reverts back to the initial SBC that I bought 87 Lineker to complete. So basically, I've thrown away 670k because EA have decided to pull an SBC without giving any warning whatsoever (ok, they reduced the time to complete, but if you're in a challenge at the time, you don't get a countdown timer).

I'm furious, and now have no real team for the WL today. Meh. Will see what happens.
  • Dan is Clutch
    25764 posts Player of the Year
    They still haven’t sorted the SBC out?? :joy:
  • Scutch

They've screwed up big time on this one.
  • Dan is Clutch
    25764 posts Player of the Year
    Scutch wrote: »

They've screwed up big time on this one.

Yep. I’m really looking forward to seeing how they sort this out.
  • Tsarov
    3729 posts National Call-Up

Nope, I think they are debating how sort it out. They cannot win.

Higher requirements - they are greedy. Community will be so mad.
    Same requirements - what’s the point?
    Same requirements with completion limit - maybe.
    Lower requirements - no way.
  • SuperRob
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero

They have no easy way out of this. Realistically a free icon pick would be fair for anyone who has submitted an icon ( 1 per person max), but that would still annoy anyone who didnt do it.

What will probably happen is they will put some new packs in store.

• Cantonas Collar
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    I reckon they were listening to feedback from the community, wanted to reduce the cost of the SBC and therefore removed the higher rated squads without realising the huge flaw in doing so.

I reckon they re-release it without needing an Icon but having high rated squads and requiring informs.

I was one of those who had partially completed it so I’ll be very interested to see what they do about it.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    I reckon they were listening to feedback from the community, wanted to reduce the cost of the SBC and therefore removed the higher rated squads without realising the huge flaw in doing so.

I reckon they re-release it without needing an Icon but having high rated squads and requiring informs.

I was one of those who had partially completed it so I’ll be very interested to see what they do about it.

The partial completion is their big problem. As is those who seem to have lost entire squads that were sitting awaiting submission. I'm not sure there is a way of making this fair to all. Someone is going to be out of pocket because of this.

Re-releasing the SBC itself shouldn't be too problematic. I think we're all hoping for 83, 84, 85, 86 or similar. But given their wish to make SBCs pay out as little as possible (see league SBCs and MM), I'm expecting an icon submission again, but with much poorer returns.
  • Ian_Ando08
    8198 posts League Winner

The partial completion is their big problem. As is those who seem to have lost entire squads that were sitting awaiting submission. I'm not sure there is a way of making this fair to all. Someone is going to be out of pocket because of this.

Re-releasing the SBC itself shouldn't be too problematic. I think we're all hoping for 83, 84, 85, 86 or similar. But given their wish to make SBCs pay out as little as possible (see league SBCs and MM), I'm expecting an icon submission again, but with much poorer returns.

Icon submission will never be anything less than a 100k pack
  • Scutch

First paragraph is so true. Not sure how they can sort it out. Surely it can go against trading standards or some sh*t if you are missing content you paid for (I know it's virtual coins but in a lot of instances it's real money).

Ah I'm not sure. Either way, I'm down 670k for the initial purchase on my Lineker card as I don't have an icon at all now :joy:
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018

First paragraph is so true. Not sure how they can sort it out. Surely it can go against trading standards or some sh*t if you are missing content you paid for (I know it's virtual coins but in a lot of instances it's real money).

Ah I'm not sure. Either way, I'm down 670k for the initial purchase on my Lineker card as I don't have an icon at all now :joy:

I genuinely feel for you. This SBC would have screwed me last year. Playing it less this year and have more coins in untradeables so I didn't have the coins at hand to join in.

I did do the SBC for the 50k pack (with untradeable IFs) so theoretically I was also midway through the challenge. I'm intrigued to see what progress I'm offered when they re-release it.
  • Scutch
    edited November 2018

I genuinely feel for you. This SBC would have screwed me last year. Playing it less this year and have more coins in untradeables so I didn't have the coins at hand to join in.

I did do the SBC for the 50k pack (with untradeable IFs) so theoretically I was also midway through the challenge. I'm intrigued to see what progress I'm offered when they re-release it.

In reality, you should be compensated, as they have no idea if you were about to complete the challenge. Worse for people who submitted an Icon while attempting to complete the SBC to receive a Jumbo Rare pack with x amount of discards, only to find out they have to submit another Icon or have wasted their money.

Dear me.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Makes me smile seeing people get screwed over by EA because they wanted to rinse and repeat the flaw :lol::trollface:
  • GL
    7454 posts League Winner
    G12OGN wrote: »
    Makes me smile seeing people get screwed over by EA because they wanted to rinse and repeat the flaw :lol::trollface:

:D
  • Scutch

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when we're all compensated with prime Ronaldo...

:trollface:

:(
  • Dutch007
    3022 posts National Call-Up
    Still want that Zanetti :D
  • Scutch
    Dutch007 wrote: »

Me too! :lol:
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something

Yep that's the one I was going to stay with! Just give me that and I'll be good.
  • Dutch007
    maymanpele wrote: »

Yep that's the one I was going to stay with! Just give me that and I'll be good.

End game RB
  • Whoman
    5560 posts Big Money Move
    Give everybody back their last submitted Icon tradeable and 1 set of packs, change requirements to only high rated squads, everybody wins as now there are more Icons in game, those prices drop in the short/mid term, high rated keep/gain value to entice pack buyers.
    Couldnt care less about the coin influx raising Meta **** by 10%.

End game RB

Poor man's Juanfran o:)
  • Snapzs
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Whoman wrote: »
    Give everybody back their last submitted Icon tradeable and 1 set of packs, change requirements to only high rated squads, everybody wins as now there are more Icons in game, those prices drop in the short/mid term, high rated keep/gain value to entice pack buyers.
    Couldnt care less about the coin influx raising Meta **** by 10%.

End game RB

I doubt they have a way of telling which icon was submitted tbh.
  • Dutch007
    "Whoman wrote: »

End game RB

• Tof33z
    6981 posts Big Money Move
    GL wrote: »

there was no flaw. It was how EA designed it
  • Vert
    15439 posts World Class
    People can design things with flaws pal
  • Scutch
    Tof33z wrote: »

Exactly this. No flaw, no glitch, no exploit at all. People did exactly what EA wanted them to do to complete the SBC.
  • Tof33z
    6981 posts Big Money Move
    Vert wrote: »
    People can design things with flaws pal

Indeed. That then is the fault of the designer, not the user
  • SuperRob
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    If i make a mistake by listing a player or submitting the wrong one into a sbc then i expect to be punished for it, afterall it would be my fault. If EA make a mistake with their requirements l, then i would expect them to be punished for it and not myself.

I did the sbc because i saw an opportunity that was within the sbc that was set my EA that was advertised as lasting for 29 days. I bought an icon based on this. I would not have done the sbc based on the new requirements. EA should hand back my original icon so i am not out of pocket. It was their mistake and not mine.
  • jpsblue
    4220 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »

Exactly this. No flaw, no glitch, no exploit at all. People did exactly what EA wanted them to do to complete the SBC.

and they have a huge team who spend hours/days working on sbc requirements and they came up with this **** LMAO

honestly fifa 19 has got to be the worst fifa in terms of not just gameplay, but the amount of mistakes they have made with content, promos etc

so much for that Yashir **** tweeting "non stop live content" at the beginning of fifa 19 :D:D:D
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    If EA had some flaw/glitch that gave out free fifa points, I could understand possibly resetting in that case.

But when they came up with requirements for this sbc and released it, that's on them. There is no way they didn't look at this before releasing. They gave no thought to screwing people over by requiring a 700k icon for a 750k player, and when it backfired they said screw the customer, again.