41212 narrow, what’s happened?

RGBadger
254 posts An Exciting Prospect
What’s changed? I’m playing rivals and im coming up against this every single game and mostly being hammered, this suddenly become OP again?

Comments

• Batman442
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    RGBadger wrote: »
    What’s changed? I’m playing rivals and im coming up against this every single game and mostly being hammered, this suddenly become OP again?

Yes, I noticed weekend when I was on WL, every game after gold ranking had or changed to this formation. If you can't beat them.....
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    They nerf finnese shots so everyone has the back to narrow formations and parking the bus
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Its now FIFA 18 without low driven shots
  • Dead Whip
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s been op since the start
  • iRusty_yo
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    Just experienced this as well, quit the game in the 50th minute as the guy had 2 shots 2 goals, with 29% possession and he was rocking 41212 narrow. Absolutely ruined me on them two counters, it was fun playing with 4222.. sigh
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Found that as soon i got to div 3, everyone is playing it.

Doing alright scoring but you can't switch off for a second defensively.

433 or 4231 wide seems to work against it fairly well
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    Worked for me from the start tbh.
  • GeorgeGervin
    1538 posts Play-Off Hero
    433-4 and you crush it.
  • Fut_JEDI
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    433-4 and you crush it.

What kind of tactics and instructions? Play style? (full on pressuring from top?)
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    4231 is a 41212-2 killer
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    451 isn’t too bad
  • Theomanny
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    The best killer is 5212.
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212 is the best and it doesnt have counterplay. Your best chance is to play 41212 against 41212. Sad state of the game and the same every year.
  • Dronegan
    992 posts Professional
    There is no formation i hate more than 41212(2).

I make sure to abuse any game mechanic i can when i come up against it.
    If i take the lead i switch wide and just keep the ball until they are forced to open up gaps and press me.

No way im getting into a wall of 7 defenders just for them to make 1 pass and get a 3 vs 4 situation every time.
  • BlindFaith
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    433-4 and you crush it.

Anything you can utilise the space on the wings with works - two wide players each side up against their full backs, with plenty of space to run into - if you draw their central players wide bring the play inside they’ll be unbalanced in midfield and you’ll have a runner free on the opposite wing.
  • Mmikey
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am I the only one who uses 4-1-2-1-2 wide? Enjoy running at people with the wingers.
  • MarioCM
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mmikey wrote: »
    Am I the only one who uses 4-1-2-1-2 wide? Enjoy running at people with the wingers.

Works well for me. But I like them to come back and help for defense, so stamina and defense is needed for my play style.