Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• LoboNobo
    6406 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    I'm on PC though with 250 Mb/s wired
  • Chris9292
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    I am from Germany near Frankfurt. 200 down 50 up - wired, ports, dmz ....... I get 9 from 10 games delayed gameplay. If the game is delayed the grafics suks too.
  • JorisDB
    1385 posts Professional
    Not a single problem. Cabled up, 300 mb download speed at max so nearly always a perfect connection and no delay at all.
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018

Main reason of delay is they just this year change acces structure with acces to weekend league - So now acces is a lot more easy compared to last year where was a lot harder win qualification for weekend league - so time show this " easy acces structure for weekend league not work for them due to many customers play in same time during weekend league and servers cant handle it. In this point they cant change ? easy acces structure to weekend league and they cant accept or they dont wonna spend big amount additional money to improved enough their server structure.

So now we are in the point what next ?

a) they invest enough money to improved servers to limited this delay and discconect during weekend league ( friday - sunday )

b) they change easy acces to weekend league - beacouse now to many customers play in same short period in game during weekend

c) They change (extend ) period of weekend league example from thursday 7 PM up to Monday 7 PM

If they not take any decision then this year delay will be regular serious problem during weekend league and this kill all enterteiment fun and finnaly whole game.

Is now their step to make some decision - is now 4 weeks so far without any step from them and leaving players in this big mess with connection problem is completely unprofessional and ridiculous

They already trying a little reduced traffic in weekend league with adding this button " click to join in weekend after colecting 2000 points - beacouse previous this work in automatic claim qualifications and was no any other reason to add this idea with " join button " but this is not way how resolved problem
  • daniel4o7903
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    Also, can someone here post video of their gaemplay. I would like to see it. There are easy tell tale signs. Like time the ball reaches your player or poor first touch or players just move slower. First touch is the easier to see. When it's not there or kick off, it's a insta control. When there, neymar bobbles the ball 2-3 meters in front of him and takes like 0.75s to control it.

This is from 3 days ago from my channel super speed up delay .also in this chanell are many videos from last days showing it. im on 150 mb p/s
  • BeardedBerk
    1607 posts Play-Off Hero
    Delay Started fifa 16 for me on xbox... Got worse each year with me finished playing 18 by end of October.
    Used og xbox, xbox one s and now on the X and all have been abysmal.

Switched to pc this year to try it out and although it is smoother than xbox it's still a shambles most of the time
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fut champs is ok for the most part but Rivals is beyond bad. I'm only playing fifa on weekends atm cuz I just can't face the frustration.
  • Pewdiepie
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    JorisDB wrote: »
    Not a single problem. Cabled up, 300 mb download speed at max so nearly always a perfect connection and no delay at all.

Thats what im talking about man...some of these guys might aswell get on a tredmill and power up the servers manually for all the ppl having bad connection😂😂
  • MeeseeksandDestroy
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This game is trash.
  • madwullie
    4392 posts National Call-Up
    Hi guys. As you know, I have had this issue since FIFA 11. I have tried everything and with senior level EA guys. I probably put in a total of 100 hours to try and fix this. I have found a temporary fix that WILL fix this. If anyone want to try, go ahead. Basically, changing isp, modem (if wired from there) or router (if wired from there) will give you a few days of perfect gaemplay. I have done the modem switch like 5 times. All 5 times I got butter smooth gaemplay for 5-6 days. Router switch like 3 times. Same. And same with the 4 isp switches. Everytime I changed one of them I get amazing gameplay. And then it goes back to inconsistent. But after waiting for a few weeks and changing to an equipment that I did use before, that will too result in good gameplay. But the same equipment after say 2 weeks won't give you buttery smooth gameplay. It's so weird but I have a 100% success rate. Some one please try this out. If you have an old modem or router, run your ethranet cable through that and observe.

This may sound crazy but I think k this is done because EA know that their servers can't handle it. So, based on how new a player is, from unique IP or Mac numbers each price of equipment gives them, a new player will be prioritized over an old player. Old players are going to stick around since they have put in money in the game. And the new game gets best gameplay so he decides to buy some packs.

Please check the modem or router thing. This worked for me every single time.

I am march 2014 and been using the same equipment for 17,18 and 19. No delay.
  • madwullie
    fazer wrote: »
    Main reason of delay is they just this year change acces structure with acces to weekend league - So now acces is a lot more easy compared to last year where was a lot harder win qualification for weekend league - so time show this " easy acces structure for weekend league not work for them due to many customers play in same time during weekend league and servers cant handle it. In this point they cant change ? easy acces structure to weekend league and they cant accept or they dont wonna spend big amount additional money to improved enough their server structure.

So now we are in the point what next ?

a) they invest enough money to improved servers to limited this delay and discconect during weekend league ( friday - sunday )

b) they change easy acces to weekend league - beacouse now to many customers play in same short period in game during weekend

c) They change (extend ) period of weekend league example from thursday 7 PM up to Monday 7 PM

If they not take any decision then this year delay will be regular serious problem during weekend league and this kill all enterteiment fun and finnaly whole game.

Is now their step to make some decision - is now 4 weeks so far without any step from them and leaving players in this big mess with connection problem is completely unprofessional and ridiculous

They already trying a little reduced traffic in weekend league with adding this button " click to join in weekend after colecting 2000 points - beacouse previous this work in automatic claim qualifications and was no any other reason to add this idea with " join button " but this is not way how resolved problem

None of this explains why 12% of us get no delay at any time
  • madwullie
    Also, can someone here post video of their gaemplay. I would like to see it. There are easy tell tale signs. Like time the ball reaches your player or poor first touch or players just move slower. First touch is the easier to see. When it's not there or kick off, it's a insta control. When there, neymar bobbles the ball 2-3 meters in front of him and takes like 0.75s to control it.

This is from 3 days ago from my channel super speed up delay .also in this chanell are many videos from last days showing it. im on 150 mb p/s

AFAIK the speed up **** is a problem at your end.
  • I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    Im from NZ and have never experienced delay. I think Australians dont either
  • El_Nino
    3214 posts National Call-Up
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    I never understand the complaints, I live in the UK with pretty poor internet, I get moderate lag however I do on all games so it’s expected. I’m not saying the delay isn’t horrendous it’s just hard to wrap my head around as I can never really blame EA in this aspect
  • ucan
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    I think many people here dont get the meaning of delay lag. It's not lag Like the Game Speed Up or it stops for a few sec. It's Button delay lag for Exam: you Press Pass Button and your player do the command 1-2 sec later. some of you dont recognize that and think they have no lag. Everyone have this issue but some of you dont recognize it. Only good Players knows it. You can have the best Monitor, the fastes Internet at the end it's EA's overloaded Servers. Than explain me why i have on Prime Time delay lag, why i Had smooth gameplay one day and the other day Not? It's def. EA's Server 100%
  • EA_Andy
    3267 posts EA Community Manager
    Not ignoring this but not much I can say other than what Corey has said on Twitter last night

• I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Not ignoring this but not much I can say other than what Corey has said on Twitter last night

Andy how is it ea staff are banned from talking about this ?

If you guys are aware that's fine but so you should be, we want to know you are aware and are actively trying to fix this ? Why not just say we can't talk about this but we are fixing it ? No transparency at all.
  • Tubpac
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    ucan wrote: »
    I think many people here dont get the meaning of delay lag. It's not lag Like the Game Speed Up or it stops for a few sec. It's Button delay lag for Exam: you Press Pass Button and your player do the command 1-2 sec later. some of you dont recognize that and think they have no lag. Everyone have this issue but some of you dont recognize it. Only good Players knows it. You can have the best Monitor, the fastes Internet at the end it's EA's overloaded Servers. Than explain me why i have on Prime Time delay lag, why i Had smooth gameplay one day and the other day Not? It's def. EA's Server 100%

Spot on.
    I have two friends. One on XBOX one on PS4. They claim there is no delay and their gameplay is perfect. Which i know is not true. They just dont know or think thats how the game should be.
    So i did this drill on them and asked them "So you've never experinced when you're in the box the ball is coming to your striker and you press shoot and want him to finish first time. But he takes a touch anyway and free ball for the GK.
    And they both had the same reaction instantly
    "Oh yeah i've had that so many times. That is really bull ****."

Delay is there for everyone. They just think thats how the game should be or does not relate it to the servers/delay.
  • NW86
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Liamooo wrote: »

If you guys are aware that's fine but so you should be, we want to know you are aware and are actively trying to fix this ? Why not just say we can't talk about this but we are fixing it ? No transparency at all.

I guess it's a liability issue they're afraid of. They know it's there but wont officially acknowledge it since that would make it easier in some countries to hold EA accountable. Can't really think of another reason no to be open about it.
  • ICUP
    4137 posts National Call-Up
    Tubpac wrote: »

Spot on.
    I have two friends. One on XBOX one on PS4. They claim there is no delay and their gameplay is perfect. Which i know is not true. They just dont know or think thats how the game should be.
    So i did this drill on them and asked them "So you've never experinced when you're in the box the ball is coming to your striker and you press shoot and want him to finish first time. But he takes a touch anyway and free ball for the GK.

Delay is there for everyone. They just think thats how the game should be or does not relate it to the servers/delay.

Delay in 19 is 5x worse than 18. I can only remember 3/4 occasions when I had delay in FIFA 18. I can give 15 different occasions when I've had delay in 19 and its only 2 months in
  • Game over man game over
    6719 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018

wow finally at least a response
    things are looking a bit more promising then before.
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect

wow finally at least a response
    things are looking a bit more promising then before.

Maybe it started to effect their profit. Money talks as always
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA will have been 'aware' about delay for the last 3 fifa's but chose to do nothing about it. I wouldn't be hopeful.
  • ucan
    edited November 2018
    Tubpac wrote: »

Spot on.

same story. One of my friend Said that he doesnt Have lag. I played a few Matches, guess what.... it was a lag fest. I told him about the Problem after He played He said you're right thats why they moved so sluggish Sometimes lol XD
    Like i Said many people here who voted for "No lag" are probably the Same people Like my friend.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11435 posts Has That Special Something

Thanks for replying @EA_Andy I had been tagging you long before Corey announced that but I understand you can't say anything or don't know anything.

However the gameplay is unacceptable because of the poor servers and we aren't getting what we paid for I'm sure you can see our frustration.

Think the only way to get any changes is by quitting the game.
  • Springveldt
    4607 posts National Call-Up
    Liamooo wrote: »

I'd guess it's a very hot topic right now at EA and they can't actually openly acknowledge it without then taking responsibility to fix it.

It's obviously not as easy as adding more servers to take the load, there is something else under the hood that is causing it and maybe they actually don't know what is causing it.

The outcry this year though is reaching such a point that it will start to effect their metrics for player engagement which EA always love to point out to investors.

This really should be top priority at EA HQ right now.
  • NornIron
    11458 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Battlefield is EA servers isnt it on most battlefields they have a network performance graph under options.
    Heres mine from Multiplayer quickmatches on battlefield one.
    Latency min 27ms max 30ms
    Extr offset min 25ms max 120ms.
    Packet loss 0.

So say it was 30ms on fifa is that too high to get one decent match every 50 matches.

Out of 24 people on a german server I had the lowest ping 29ms. Nothing wrong with my connection.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • ucan

At least they Said somethin about it but we want see action. Im honest, i dont beleave they will do somethin about it.
  • Does anyone have the 1 bar issue on FUT division rivals?
    30MB download 10mb upload and 8ms ping. Every matchmaking has 1 bar connection and 2-3 seconds consistent delay in gameplay. I tried everything please help!
  • Springveldt
    4607 posts National Call-Up
    MurphssLaw wrote: »
    Does anyone have the 1 bar issue on FUT division rivals?
    30MB download 10mb upload and 8ms ping. Every matchmaking has 1 bar connection and 2-3 seconds consistent delay in gameplay. I tried everything please help!

Where are you located? What system are you on? What kind of router you got and have you forwarded the ports?