Patch

Comments

• LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain
    realhokies wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    And I love that driven shot will work properly. Finally some other way to finish inside the box.

Low Driven coming back....... :sleeping: looks now might be a good time to zone back into RDR2 then.

Low driven was great for the game. There should be a high percentage chance to score 1 on 1s. Don't give up 1 on 1s if you don't want to get scored on.

Low Driven was and is OP awful.
    When people can Low Driven from anywhere and the GK just has no ability to save them.
    Ruined FUT18 for me.
    Yeah I could score them, but I am no robot, I like to vary my goals and play style.
    Cutback to Low Driven was such a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 bore!!
  • Hippyboy6
    19932 posts Club Captain
    And I love that driven shot will work properly. Finally some other way to finish inside the box.

Low Driven coming back....... :sleeping: looks now might be a good time to zone back into RDR2 then.

Low driven was great for the game. There should be a high percentage chance to score 1 on 1s. Don't give up 1 on 1s if you don't want to get scored on.

When people can Low Driven from anywhere and the GK just has no ability to save them.
    Ruined FUT18 for me.
    Yeah I could score them, but I am no robot, I like to vary my goals and play style.
    Cutback to Low Driven was such a **** bore!!

Low drivens & auto defending..... Definitely counts me out
  • realhokies
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect

Ruined FUT18 for me.

Finesse from outside the box being easier to score than being in a 1 on 1 is atrocious.
  • Skorpio71
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was hoping this patch would bring me back to Fifa but by the sounds of it the game is no better and potentially worse, will be steering clear until further notice.

If you're gonna constantly go by everyone else word how would you know if you liked the game or not?

• LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain

Ruined FUT18 for me.

Finesse from outside the box being easier to score than being in a 1 on 1 is atrocious.

Tell that to Messi, ADP and countless other great strikers who pretty much made a career out of Finesse from edge of the box.

If GKs other than DDG and a chosen handful can actually save Low Driven, and it isn't an absolute guaranteed goal every single 'king time then it may not ruin FUT19.
    It was so OP because the GKs in 18 where so awful.
    19 the GKs are better, so hopefully all decent GKs in the game will save a decent percentage of the Low Driven shots.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year

Ruined FUT18 for me.

Tell that to Messi, ADP and countless other great strikers who pretty much made a career out of Finesse from edge of the box.

If GKs other than DDG and a chosen handful can actually save Low Driven, and it isn't an absolute guaranteed goal every single 'king time then it may not ruin FUT19.
    19 the GKs are better, so hopefully all decent GKs in the game will save a decent percentage of the Low Driven shots.

I think you would still find a higher % of their goals scored inside the box
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Just had my first game since patch - 0-0.

Boy did the gameplay feel slow. Going to attribute it to lag/delay and move on I think. Was absolutely woeful.
  • LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain

Ruined FUT18 for me.

Well yeah. But that is because most clear cut chances fall inside the box.
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner

Ruined FUT18 for me.

giphy.gif
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

Ruined FUT18 for me.

Well yeah. But that is because most clear cut chances fall inside the box.

Those chances irl are more often than not finished by a low driven shot. shocker
  • Dan is Clutch
    33050 posts National Team Captain
    If I am unable to prevent the opponent to get a 1 on 1 in the box I am okay conceding everytime. Giving up 5 goals to a guy who isn't even attempting to try and get in the box to score. Now that is a waste of time.

Agreed.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    If I am unable to prevent the opponent to get a 1 on 1 in the box I am okay conceding everytime. Giving up 5 goals to a guy who isn't even attempting to try and get in the box to score. Now that is a waste of time.

Agreed.

Dan knows.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up

Agreed.

hear, hear
  • have they changed button combo's for the low drivens?? if not how have they addressed the chipped shot frequency when mistimed ??

Other than adjusting the timing to allow longer for the 3rd button press???

This in turn waters down the supposed skill gap they tried to create in the 1st place
  • M98H
    13926 posts Has That Special Something
    Facts
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class

The problem is that defending is too good which stops people getting into the box so they resort to finesse shots.
  • realhokies
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect

The problem is that defending is too good which stops people getting into the box so they resort to finesse shots.

AI defending is an issue I agree, toned down a little would be amazing. But getting into the box is definitely achievable.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move

for sure this is the main thing left to sort - still one of many bu by far the biggest
  • Hagooey
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can’t connect to the EA server since downloading the patch, anyone got any suggestions? It’s been about 3 hours now!
  • Ian_Ando08
    13917 posts Has That Special Something
    wtf have they done to this game.. it was fine before this 🎃🎃🎃🎃 patch now my keeper just doesnt move gnfucking g you 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • Psyke
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018

Ruined FUT18 for me.

I don't think anyone is complaining about Messi been able to score with some ease from outside the box, but it's also unrealistic that 90% of the shoots goes in.

And this is MESSI, the problem is players like Martial, Dele Ali, Rodrigo, Pogba, Mkhytarian and a bunch others that scores every single time they have a chance to shoot from the most awkward or not angles.

And to complete when you have a chance 1v1 against the goalkeeper, the same one that conceades all the goals from outside the box, become ninjas and stop everything.

• FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite

Yep.

Spent all of 2018 saying this to people. Low driven shots aren't a problem - stop coughing up the chances in the first place.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    balancing a game was never EA's strong point

not sure they even try tbh it's just a case of rush the thing out whatever state it is in, and coin in the cash
  • Ian_Ando08
    13917 posts Has That Special Something
    ok so just won a pen ref blew went to cut scene came back as a goal kick and te commentator continues to say well at least theyve got the penalty the payer is lucky not to be booked.. but i got no pen

they really cant put a patch in without 🎃🎃🎃🎃 everything else up can tehy wow i give up
  • coldri1
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    why I have to play 🎃🎃🎃🎃 using stuped stadiums with shadowa why ea camon not to speak about the slow gameplay and unreal AI deff now even more OP
  • Cadey 5
    13826 posts Has That Special Something
    Whilst finesse shots where broken I only used them when my opponent had his team behind the ball for example:

36708af2b1e8a53c8d25580516329927.jpg]

Now this might not look too bad but I had just passed it to the edge of the box with Matuidi who had 3 men on him so at this point there where 7 players in my opponents box with his CAM and strikers up top for the quick counter.

We all know the game is't responsive enough for me to be able to pass it off quickly without an AI interception and in fact I only just got this shot off.
  • Shshj
    8953 posts League Winner
    Very hard to tell whether it's the patch or just the regular delay but by god does the game feel slow today.

Passes taking ages to reach players, dribbling almost non-existent. Everyone feels like they're walking in mud.
  • Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move

NornIron wrote: »
    Won 10-1 then got beat 3-2 SB legendary conceded from 3 crosses. :D
    That big tall fella sterling scored two headers.

Squad Battles will destroy your soul if you are not careful.
  • Cadey 5
    13826 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Very hard to tell whether it's the patch or just the regular delay but by god does the game feel slow today.

Passes taking ages to reach players, dribbling almost non-existent. Everyone feels like they're walking in mud.

Game was really slow for first few days after the last patch also, you are better off not playing for a day or so.