Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    [
    Liamooo wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    Liamooo wrote: »
    I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

No, I don't think nor did I say people should have to do that. Just offering my experience bc it might help some people

I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

The problem isn't on our end it's the EA servers.

Man, I get that this sucks for you and lots of people. I was living it for a long time. Years in fact, savage lag all the time

But if the issue were really ONLY on the EA server end then why is my gameplay totally lag free since my move across town and ISP switch?

Maybe it's a bit of both. In my case the issue was on the ISP end, and changing made a huge difference. But in your case it could be a problem with distance to the nearest EA server, which wouldn't improve no matter what ISP you are using

Just offerering my experience and suggestions to people on the off chance it might help. If you guys would rather just say "nothing works to fix this" and scream into the void about EA and their servers being scum that's.... fine too. I'm certainly not defending them, and wish you all the best of luck
    I plug in my ethernet cable no probs at all. On wifi the delay is sometimes not often/barely any. But I have the highest mbps from my provider so idk. You get what you pay for and depends how many devices you have online while playing ..then you have region ect..you guys want the best connection then pay up instead of buying coins..

Haha deluded
    Deluded...not my fault you got McDonalds wifi buddy.

Speed up lag is your connection, smooth gameplay and button delay are host server issues.

I have no problems at all. Im just suggesting if you dont pay premium internet check up on router and other devices connected while playing. Regardless of host server issues or "delay" "lag" I have none of it my games are smooth I can play and watch a 2hr movie and my gameplay is fine. Im not denying there is a problem im just trying to suggest a few things that might help.

I'm paying for top tier internet, have a wired connection, have a 2ms response time monitor and a new router and I'm still suffering as bad as I was before all this.

The problem is with EA not us.
    All that you stated above should help you out more than enough ..some ppl dont have a new router and the average dont have top tier internet or even play on a monitor and youre telling me your connection is as bad like them? I'd stop playing fifa then..sh*t

Not being funny mate but you shouldn’t need the best of the best internet set up to play a game that is marketed to the masses. If you do then it should be clearly stated and it isn’t.

Well most of you guys make it seem like you need all the upgrades to get decent gameplay. Ea is not going to do anything the least you can do is do the best for your part.

I have 72 dn 15 up, is that good enough or should I get something faster? 😂

Need atleast 100 down to play UT.. Didn't EA tell you? :lol:

Haha. At least it would have saved me £60 if that was the case 👌🏻
  • Alexvdven
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Alexvdven wrote: »
    Ea isn't going to something about it anyway

Probably not but sitting back and just taking it will guarantee that nothing changes but if we make enough noise there's a chance they will eventually listen.

We have essentially been robbed as we have been sold a product that barely ever works. This isn't acceptable.

In other cases I would agree but with EA I just know it's a waste of time.
  • Springveldt
    4623 posts National Call-Up
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    This post is waayy flawed ..there are ppl stating that they have delay on a regular basis and the gameplay is prerty much unplayable (read that tiwce and think about it) and the majority voted that... and its all down to ea servers 100% GTFO..there are simply to many damm variables for this and the ppl arguing with me state they have the best hardware available and get regular delay and their gameplay is unplayable..ok sure..im pretty positive its not as bad as you say if youre still playing a damn game thats unplayable on a regular basis..
    It's the only decent football game, with you being from the US I'll understand why you don't get that. :wink:

When the majority of people who vote are having issues with all kinds of hardware and all kinds of connections then the logical thing to do is look at what they are connecting to.
  • CFCHenri
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Yep, every game pretty unplayable for me
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Prits1992 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the minimum connection speed required to play fifa online is?

Yeah. 512kbps. I play with 1000mbps up and down. No difference. Lag fest.
  • FifaKingPin
    If you guys can improve your connection and know it will make a difference do it. Tell your provider you want more mbps and their top internet high speed (you need to really tell them or they give you the shi* deals). Also if you have an older router turn it in and they will provide you the newest one free of charge and ask for 2 or 3 ethernet cables. Also sign in to your providers website and close down all other connections that are not being used at the time and make your system xbox/ps4 priority. Try getting the router and ethernet cable before getting better wifi if you dont have the money atleast. If all fails idk then..

Bro. I have wired to Google fiber that gives me 1gbps up and down with 1ms ping. I have a $200 modem and $350 router. Still get the issue.
  • nebula_18
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    I'm on PC last week was ok but this week is terrible.... my team feel like 50rate players, all misplaces, playing the same football since always make no sense, nothing works

And the ping bar is always showing the same... I need that works ok to take the decision to start the match or not.
  • FifaKingPin
    After reading all the comments, this clearly isn't user side issues since no there game is effected. And if it was our side, it should be a constant issue. But it's more like 75% of the games issue.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    I tend to find I have significant delay, which yeah, makes the game unplayable. I've even bought new controllers, tried 4G connections and different WiFi's

I even tried my brothers PS4

It affects player switching, bad passes (which I put down to the delay causing me to think of my next move and effectively miss aim my pass)

Sometimes it causes me to not actually tackle, I just run past players but also affects the little movements you try to make to avoid being tackled etc

Its certainly worse than last year, and feels worse since the patch
  • FUTcompanion
    73 posts Park Captain
    Gents,

I hope you don't mind me taking this issue over to twitter, I've attempted to engage with the EA live teams to see if I can get any sort of answers out of them

I've also started the same poll for my followers on there to try to see if the results are similar or different

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    11509 posts Has That Special Something
    Gents,

I hope you don't mind me taking this issue over to twitter, I've attempted to engage with the EA live teams to see if I can get any sort of answers out of them

I've also started the same poll for my followers on there to try to see if the results are similar or different

That's great mate we need to make as much noise as possible as this just isn't acceptable.

And nobody is listening on here anyway have tagged @EA_Andy multiple times over a few days and yet to hear a reply.

I'm sure the numbers will be something similar. Let us know how it goes.
  • Tubpac
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gents,

Thank you sir. Already voted!
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    let's keep at it guys
    they will have to acknowledge this thread sooner or later.
  • FUTcompanion
    73 posts Park Captain
    Gents,

That's great mate we need to make as much noise as possible as this just isn't acceptable.

And nobody is listening on here anyway have tagged @EA_Andy multiple times over a few days and yet to hear a reply.

I'm sure the numbers will be something similar. Let us know how it goes.

I've had a little chat to some of the other traders, just trying to get this as out in the open as possible really

I'm hoping if we make enough noise together then surely they need to atleast acknowledge that there is a problem

I have directed people back here too so hopefully we'll get some engagement on it lads
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    let's keep at it guys
    they will have to acknowledge this thread sooner or later.

Tbh I didn't expect this thread to get as much attention but it's now going 3 days strong they can't ignore us forever.

Think it being on Twitter aswell is great as they seem to engage more with the community and give some sort of answers whether it's what we want to hear or not.

Silence isn't good enough at this stage.
  • Manolitos
    50 posts Park Captain
    Went to play today hoping was betetr after the update , damn delay is even More than before ! This Game Is dying Thanks to ea , You cant play in this delay !
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    I never get and never have had delay in all the years I’ve played fifa
  • NornIron
    11490 posts Has That Special Something
    I never get and never have had delay in all the years I’ve played fifa

What setup do u have isp etc?
  • Tubpac
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    So Corey just replied on twitter about servers
    “I can only provide updates on certain things, man. Reality of my position”

So they are refusing to reply on the issue. But basiclly know its there... its what i get from this... They must really value their community
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Tubpac wrote: »

So they are refusing to reply on the issue. But basiclly know its there... its what i get from this... They must really value their community

At least it's some sort of reply even if it's not the one we want to hear. Can't say I'm surprised though.

The only way we will get any changes is by stopping playing their game. When numbers start to drop they will have no choice but to actually fix the issue.

After playing BO4 a game that actually works I think I'm done with FIFA for the year especially if nothing changes.

If EA won't give us a game that works then why should we give them our custom?
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite

Its a problem that requires money to fix.

EA are the most money hungry gaming company there is.

As if theyre going to dip into their profits to solve this issue.. theyll just keep quiet like they always do.

Look at the differences from fifa 18 a few small tweaks and new skins.. warrant a £50 price tag for the game..
    Then you look at companies like rockstar and the time and effort they put into a game which sells for the same price or less.

Hopefully one day the fifa franchise will be taken over by a better company.
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Mdx wrote: »

Its a problem that requires money to fix.

EA are the most money hungry gaming company there is.

As if theyre going to dip into their profits to solve this issue.. theyll just keep quiet like they always do.

Look at the differences from fifa 18 a few small tweaks and new skins.. warrant a £50 price tag for the game..
    Then you look at companies like rockstar and the time and effort they put into a game which sells for the same price or less.

Hopefully one day the fifa franchise will be taken over by a better company.

Just look at their "help desk" if you think they will back their games financially. They employ people to read from a script, with zero knowledge of the game they are supposed to be helping with. They continually send users to this forum to get the answers that they should already know! Wouldnt want a $ billion company actually employing people with knowledge rather than literally anyone else from the street that passes by.

That is how much EA care about you, me, or anyone else that buys their products.
  • FatZed
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    After a few smooth responsive games last night later on I got about 5-6 in a row I had to quit out of multiple goals down early because it was unplayable! late night/ early morning does tend to play better but I've had smooth responsive games at all times just seems random. I can go from smashing decent players (until the poor gameplay last night was nearly in Div 3) to looking like I've never touched a controller or played Fifa before in the space of a few minutes.

As others have said there are varying levels but when its bad enough the whole game is off and even worse when its one sided. Checking between when I get good or bad gameplay there is absolutely no difference my end - hell even when I was getting some packet loss once I had some of the smoothest best gameplay I have in 19 and at an earlier time of the night!

I have recently bought a nighthawk router with Duma OS, shows my ping in game to be 7-10ms, restricted matchmaking currently to about 550km, anti buffer bloat, QOS etc, DMZ mode, previously switched ISPs (current one has enough capacity etc), can get about 130 down, 50 up, got a gaming monitor I can use (doesn't make a massive difference though), can go wired controller (same here no massive difference), I get steady full green bars every game yet somehow with all of the above its rare or infrequent to get the good gameplay. Something is up and its a dead set joke considering this is something that shouldn't need so much troubleshooting just to enjoy or have play as it should...
  • NornIron
    11490 posts Has That Special Something
    FatZed wrote: »
    After a few smooth responsive games last night later on I got about 5-6 in a row I had to quit out of multiple goals down early because it was unplayable! late night/ early morning does tend to play better but I've had smooth responsive games at all times just seems random. I can go from smashing decent players (until the poor gameplay last night was nearly in Div 3) to looking like I've never touched a controller or played Fifa before in the space of a few minutes.

As others have said there are varying levels but when its bad enough the whole game is off and even worse when its one sided. Checking between when I get good or bad gameplay there is absolutely no difference my end - hell even when I was getting some packet loss once I had some of the smoothest best gameplay I have in 19 and at an earlier time of the night!

I have recently bought a nighthawk router with Duma OS, shows my ping in game to be 7-10ms, restricted matchmaking currently to about 550km, anti buffer bloat, QOS etc, DMZ mode, previously switched ISPs (current one has enough capacity etc), can get about 130 down, 50 up, got a gaming monitor I can use (doesn't make a massive difference though), can go wired controller (same here no massive difference), I get steady full green bars every game yet somehow with all of the above its rare or infrequent to get the good gameplay. Something is up and its a dead set joke considering this is something that shouldn't need so much troubleshooting just to enjoy or have play as it should...

EA access and the first few weeks had great gameplay nothing has changed in my connection since then so its up to EA now to fix it.
  • Jonboyparker
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I thought delay was part of the game now? Should state it ok the box.
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    Weekend league is fine most games, rivals are a pain in the backside. Constantly passing to offside players because of the delay.

Didn’t vote as I’m between the top 2 options
  • selb
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    Weekend league is fine most games, rivals are a pain in the backside. Constantly passing to offside players because of the delay.

You know I've also found that, last WL was great, no delay, no lag, smooth gameplay, come Monday back on DR and it's practically unplayable!
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    selb wrote: »

You know I've also found that, last WL was great, no delay, no lag, smooth gameplay, come Monday back on DR and it's practically unplayable!

I have no idea why either. For some reason I felt like getting Tah even though I have a mostly Seria team lol.
    Atleast I am in rank 1 I suppose so I will get some decent packs on Thursday. Probably still pack a load of **** 💩
  • FifaKingPin
    Hi guys. As you know, I have had this issue since FIFA 11. I have tried everything and with senior level EA guys. I probably put in a total of 100 hours to try and fix this. I have found a temporary fix that WILL fix this. If anyone want to try, go ahead. Basically, changing isp, modem (if wired from there) or router (if wired from there) will give you a few days of perfect gaemplay. I have done the modem switch like 5 times. All 5 times I got butter smooth gaemplay for 5-6 days. Router switch like 3 times. Same. And same with the 4 isp switches. Everytime I changed one of them I get amazing gameplay. And then it goes back to inconsistent. But after waiting for a few weeks and changing to an equipment that I did use before, that will too result in good gameplay. But the same equipment after say 2 weeks won't give you buttery smooth gameplay. It's so weird but I have a 100% success rate. Some one please try this out. If you have an old modem or router, run your ethranet cable through that and observe.

This may sound crazy but I think k this is done because EA know that their servers can't handle it. So, based on how new a player is, from unique IP or Mac numbers each price of equipment gives them, a new player will be prioritized over an old player. Old players are going to stick around since they have put in money in the game. And the new game gets best gameplay so he decides to buy some packs.

Please check the modem or router thing. This worked for me every single time.
  • FifaKingPin
    Also, can someone here post video of their gaemplay. I would like to see it. There are easy tell tale signs. Like time the ball reaches your player or poor first touch or players just move slower. First touch is the easier to see. When it's not there or kick off, it's a insta control. When there, neymar bobbles the ball 2-3 meters in front of him and takes like 0.75s to control it.