Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• Prits1992
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Does anyone know what the minimum connection speed required to play fifa online is?
  • iggypop
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    i rarely get lag or delay!
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Delay ruined my life
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Prits1992 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the minimum connection speed required to play fifa online is?

I have same problem with wired 1tb connection as I have with my wireless phone connection.

So the problem is not our internet
  • Idek
    10089 posts Has That Special Something
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    Would be better if the "it's not an issue" wasn't there

Delay is **** even if you only get it occasionally
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    If you guys can improve your connection and know it will make a difference do it. Tell your provider you want more mbps and their top internet high speed (you need to really tell them or they give you the shi* deals). Also if you have an older router turn it in and they will provide you the newest one free of charge and ask for 2 or 3 ethernet cables. Also sign in to your providers website and close down all other connections that are not being used at the time and make your system xbox/ps4 priority. Try getting the router and ethernet cable before getting better wifi if you dont have the money atleast. If all fails idk then..
    FIFA will not be using a lot of data during a game, more mbps is not going to solve anything. A standard 1Mbps broadband connection is more than enough for FIFA.

There are people here (like me) that have fibre, everything wired, QOS set up on their routers and the game still lags, especially at peak times.

There may be some out there with crap internal wifi or internet that are complaining but the vast majority of people complaining will be on fibre and only get issues with FIFA.

Everything points back to the EA servers being the only constant in all the complaint. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it's a **** duck.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    W16 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy Look at the numbers here. Out of 350 votes only 13% are getting a game that actually works as intended.

This is unacceptable and we as a community want answers as to whether this is being addressed and if it will be fixed this year at all.

This can't be ignored forever.

Still no answear?

Nah mate have tagged him a few times and no reply whatsoever.

@EA_Andy we want some answers and this isn't going to go away.
  • Pewdiepie
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    Liamooo wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

No, I don't think nor did I say people should have to do that. Just offering my experience bc it might help some people

I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

The problem isn't on our end it's the EA servers.

Man, I get that this sucks for you and lots of people. I was living it for a long time. Years in fact, savage lag all the time

But if the issue were really ONLY on the EA server end then why is my gameplay totally lag free since my move across town and ISP switch?

Maybe it's a bit of both. In my case the issue was on the ISP end, and changing made a huge difference. But in your case it could be a problem with distance to the nearest EA server, which wouldn't improve no matter what ISP you are using

Just offerering my experience and suggestions to people on the off chance it might help. If you guys would rather just say "nothing works to fix this" and scream into the void about EA and their servers being scum that's.... fine too. I'm certainly not defending them, and wish you all the best of luck
    I plug in my ethernet cable no probs at all. On wifi the delay is sometimes not often/barely any. But I have the highest mbps from my provider so idk. You get what you pay for and depends how many devices you have online while playing ..then you have region ect..you guys want the best connection then pay up instead of buying coins..

Haha deluded
    Deluded...not my fault you got McDonalds wifi buddy.
  • CharlieC
    6214 posts Big Money Move

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

No, I don't think nor did I say people should have to do that. Just offering my experience bc it might help some people

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

Man, I get that this sucks for you and lots of people. I was living it for a long time. Years in fact, savage lag all the time

But if the issue were really ONLY on the EA server end then why is my gameplay totally lag free since my move across town and ISP switch?

Maybe it's a bit of both. In my case the issue was on the ISP end, and changing made a huge difference. But in your case it could be a problem with distance to the nearest EA server, which wouldn't improve no matter what ISP you are using

Just offerering my experience and suggestions to people on the off chance it might help. If you guys would rather just say "nothing works to fix this" and scream into the void about EA and their servers being scum that's.... fine too. I'm certainly not defending them, and wish you all the best of luck
    I plug in my ethernet cable no probs at all. On wifi the delay is sometimes not often/barely any. But I have the highest mbps from my provider so idk. You get what you pay for and depends how many devices you have online while playing ..then you have region ect..you guys want the best connection then pay up instead of buying coins..

Haha deluded

Speed up lag is your connection, smooth gameplay and button delay are host server issues.
  • Pewdiepie
    CharlieC wrote: »

Haha deluded

Speed up lag is your connection, smooth gameplay and button delay are host server issues.

I have no problems at all. Im just suggesting if you dont pay premium internet check up on router and other devices connected while playing. Regardless of host server issues or "delay" "lag" I have none of it my games are smooth I can play and watch a 2hr movie and my gameplay is fine. Im not denying there is a problem im just trying to suggest a few things that might help.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    When I switch player he continues running in the same direction and I lose momentary control over him wtf is this
  • Pewdiepie
    If you guys can improve your connection and know it will make a difference do it. Tell your provider you want more mbps and their top internet high speed (you need to really tell them or they give you the shi* deals). Also if you have an older router turn it in and they will provide you the newest one free of charge and ask for 2 or 3 ethernet cables. Also sign in to your providers website and close down all other connections that are not being used at the time and make your system xbox/ps4 priority. Try getting the router and ethernet cable before getting better wifi if you dont have the money atleast. If all fails idk then..
    FIFA will not be using a lot of data during a game, more mbps is not going to solve anything. A standard 1Mbps broadband connection is more than enough for FIFA.

There are people here (like me) that have fibre, everything wired, QOS set up on their routers and the game still lags, especially at peak times.

There may be some out there with crap internal wifi or internet that are complaining but the vast majority of people complaining will be on fibre and only get issues with FIFA.

Everything points back to the EA servers being the only constant in all the complaint. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it's a **** duck.

Like I said im not denying a problem im just saying sh** that might help because some ppl are obviously playing with terrible lag and delay. But dont make it seem like good quality gameplay is impossible consistently because in my case it is. There are many factors to this than just the ea servers thats just one part.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Haha deluded

I have no problems at all. Im just suggesting if you dont pay premium internet check up on router and other devices connected while playing. Regardless of host server issues or "delay" "lag" I have none of it my games are smooth I can play and watch a 2hr movie and my gameplay is fine. Im not denying there is a problem im just trying to suggest a few things that might help.

I'm paying for top tier internet, have a wired connection, have a 2ms response time monitor and a new router and I'm still suffering as bad as I was before all this.

The problem is with EA not us.
  • Pewdiepie

Haha deluded

I'm paying for top tier internet, have a wired connection, have a 2ms response time monitor and a new router and I'm still suffering as bad as I was before all this.

All that you stated above should help you out more than enough ..some ppl dont have a new router and the average dont have top tier internet or even play on a monitor and youre telling me your connection is as bad like them? I'd stop playing fifa then..sh*t
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018

Like I said im not denying a problem im just saying sh** that might help because some ppl are obviously playing with terrible lag and delay. But dont make it seem like good quality gameplay is impossible consistently because in my case it is. There are many factors to this than just the ea servers thats just one part.
    And what I am saying is the vast majority of people are already paying for "premium" internet, have hard wired everything, don't use a standard ISP router, have set up QOS to prioritise FIFA traffic, have set the console in the DMZ or opened all the required ports and still get lag.

The only constant with all those people are the EA servers.

I'm happy that you are getting a good connection but from this thread alone you can see just how widespread the problem is.

Just out of curiosity, what is your location? I'm wondering if you are in a "quieter" place with not as much traffic to your EA servers.

I'm in the UK, I've played on PS4 and PC and I've been complaining about this input delay since FIFA 17. The only time I seem to get more good games than bad games is after midnight UK time when the server load obviously dies down.

Now whether that is the game server load or the EA profile service load I've no idea but something changes later at night that makes the game run smoother.

Late at night I can have Netflix 4K running in one room, YouTube HD in another while playing FIFA and the game is smooth. At prime time I can kick everyone off the net in my house except me and the game is a delay fest train wreck.
  • Hoopsterz
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get it from time to time but can't say i get it regularly enough for it to really cause an issue.

What region are people - Couple of people i talk to online get it badly at times but I'm quite near London so that's my only explanation as i imagine some of their servers are housed in London for the Europe side of things?
  • Tubpac
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    We should all tweet them. They dont care about this "Small" forum". Start a RIOT!
  • Pewdiepie

And what I am saying is the vast majority of people are already paying for "premium" internet, have hard wired everything, don't use a standard ISP router, have set up QOS to prioritise FIFA traffic, have set the console in the DMZ or opened all the required ports and still get lag.

The only constant with all those people are the EA servers.

I'm happy that you are getting a good connection but from this thread alone you can see just how widespread the problem is.

Just out of curiosity, what is your location? I'm wondering if you are in a "quieter" place with not as much traffic to your EA servers.

I'm in the UK, I've played on PS4 and PC and I've been complaining about this input delay since FIFA 17. The only time I seem to get more good games than bad games in after midnight UK time when the server load obviously dies down.

No whether that is the game server load or the EA profile service load I've no idea but something changes later at night that makes the game run smoother.

Late at night I can have Netflix 4K running in one room, YouTube HD in another while playing FIFA and the game is smooth. At prime time I can kick everyone off the net in my house except me and the game is a delay fest train wreck.
    Thats what im saying there are many variables like location/country.. provider.. and yeah it all points to ea to an EXTENT...but nah dont say the majority pay premium internet because the FACT is they dont. I live in the US in the city of Chicago and my provider is Comcast which is prob the best provider for internet in the country. And I had **** connection before but like I said I just wanted to suggest the upgrades I did to have a better experience and help out. But it seems like alot of ppl can have the best connection in the world have a new monitor and router and still have sh*t connection most of the time while playing fifa. I dont understand some of these ppl. If you know fifa lags or delays for you even after upgrading everything you have why tf you guys still play. If my connection didint work after paying premium for everything sh*t im not playing fifa.
  • CharlieC
    [

Haha deluded

All that you stated above should help you out more than enough ..some ppl dont have a new router and the average dont have top tier internet or even play on a monitor and youre telling me your connection is as bad like them? I'd stop playing fifa then..sh*t

Not being funny mate but you shouldn’t need the best of the best internet set up to play a game that is marketed to the masses. If you do then it should be clearly stated and it isn’t.
  • Mc_chigby
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel the middle category of get delay every now and again shouldn't include the 'not an issue'. I voted this option as closet to me but I do get delay every now and again and it is an issue. Play plenty of other games without any delays or getting disconnected.
  • Pewdiepie
    [

Haha deluded

Not being funny mate but you shouldn’t need the best of the best internet set up to play a game that is marketed to the masses. If you do then it should be clearly stated and it isn’t.

Well most of you guys make it seem like you need all the upgrades to get decent gameplay. Ea is not going to do anything the least you can do is do the best for your part.
  • Pewdiepie
    This post is waayy flawed ..there are ppl stating that they have delay on a regular basis and the gameplay is prerty much unplayable (read that tiwce and think about it) and the majority voted that... and its all down to ea servers 100% GTFO..there are simply to many damm variables for this and the ppl arguing with me state they have the best hardware available and get regular delay and their gameplay is unplayable..ok sure..im pretty positive its not as bad as you say if youre still playing a damn game thats unplayable on a regular basis..
  • Janscharie
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Will EA do something with these threads?
  • Prits1992
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Janscharie wrote: »

Yeah.... ignore them!!✌🏼
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    This post is waayy flawed ..there are ppl stating that they have delay on a regular basis and the gameplay is prerty much unplayable (read that tiwce and think about it) and the majority voted that... and its all down to ea servers 100% GTFO..there are simply to many damm variables for this and the ppl arguing with me state they have the best hardware available and get regular delay and their gameplay is unplayable..ok sure..im pretty positive its not as bad as you say if youre still playing a damn game thats unplayable on a regular basis..

You really don't know how lucky you actually are.

Alot of us are only still here because of our love of football and the fact there's no alternative.

I did actually quit the game in January and came back hoping things had changed but it's getting worse as the weeks go on. I bought BO4 last night and it's absolutely flawless so if there's no changes in FIFA I will be quitting again very soon.

As for playing a game that's unplayable on a regular basis if you class only being able to play Friday's and Saturdays at certain times for the game to be playable as regular then I guess I'm guilty.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Prits1992 wrote: »

Yeah.... ignore them!!✌🏼

I have tagged @EA_Andy multiple times over the last few days and I'm still waiting for a response.

They can ignore all they like but this isn't something that's going to go away.

The majority of loyal customers aren't getting what they paid for and we want answers!
  • I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    Honestly I can't find differences between FUT19 and FUT18, but I played just 1 WL so if it'd be that... on the other hand in 20 games I had no real troubles and maybe just 1 or 2 minutes with lag, so not a problem at all.

Never had real troubles with DR (and of course SB as they're offline xD).
  • Pewdiepie

You really don't know how lucky you actually are.

Alot of us are only still here because of our love of football and the fact there's no alternative.

I did actually quit the game in January and came back hoping things had changed but it's getting worse as the weeks go on. I bought BO4 last night and it's absolutely flawless so if there's no changes in FIFA I will be quitting again very soon.

As for playing a game that's unplayable on a regular basis if you class only being able to play Friday's and Saturdays at certain times for the game to be playable as regular then I guess I'm guilty.
    You are loyal to the game man..to bad ea dont take into consideration players like you who want to see the game strive and be the best it can be. Oh well man ✌
  • CharlieC
    edited November 2018
    [

Haha deluded

Well most of you guys make it seem like you need all the upgrades to get decent gameplay. Ea is not going to do anything the least you can do is do the best for your part.

I have 72 dn 15 up, is that good enough or should I get something faster? 😂
  • Hoopsterz
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    [

Haha deluded

I have 72 dn 15 up, is that good enough or should I get something faster? 😂

Need atleast 100 down to play UT.. Didn't EA tell you? :lol: