Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Anyone else feel like the gameplay has speeded up alot tonight? Makes the game even more fun with delay. Cant make switches quick enough. No quick passing because so much delay so your player takes a touch even through you pressed pass
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    Weekend league is fine

It’s the rivals I get delay and I don’t know why
  • Thefranchise92
    3032 posts National Call-Up
    Sometimes I get it halfway through a game. So annoying
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    Some games are smooth and others... Well, i feel helpless.

Smashing the buttons 6 times more than i should and watching my players struggle in all areas.
  • Aqeel87
    2327 posts Fans' Favourite
    I sold my team & stopped playing because of this ****. CBA any more seriously.
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    I seriously think without the delay/lag I could gain another rank in weekend league, I'd say about 5-10 games out of the 30 at least have some delay or lag in them. Played 3 games of Rivals today and the games were unplayable. My connection is by no means great but every time I switch FIFA off and go on another game I rarely have any issues which is the frustrating thing.
  • BGAlum
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    I get a delay, but so far as I can tell it does not impact the game, so I did not answer the poll since that was not in the option really.
  • daniel4o7903
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    100 % speed up lag last 10 days every game div rivals weekend league even co op season
    i play almost every day .only one week was good play smooth without speed lag it was 2nov - 9 nov. before that week speed up lag was present in weekend always , after this week 2- 9 nov since fifa servers general massive crash in 8 or 9 november i have everyday very much speed up lag in div rivals, .when match start first speed up in 2 nd minute and then every 2 match minutes it is like 20 times per match half.i am experienced player i play since fifa 08, and i got decent internet connection 150 mb/s . I also have done all necessary opening forwarding ports in my internet router ,but nothing helps.To tell you i think with every year players become more and more and last year connection was peer to peer and for me personaly was better,cause last year i never had lag, but this year we connect trough dedicated servers and when much people play nothing helps about this.They should, i dont know increase amount of their servers im in europe so i know servers are in germany england france and i dont know more where ,but they need to make servers in more countries.Today i rage quit one div rivals match because my players are spread like fleas. no control what so ever ,no sharp movement nothing. I am really feeling sorry about this fifa guys ,cause they were not ready for this amount of overloads they had now.And im sorry about us trusting them too,.I only think speed up lag will not exist after every server maintenance for 3-4 days after will start again and like this until next maintenance will be the same.Cheers
    My biggest issue and this goes back to fifa 17 and 18 is disconnections. It's always when I'm winning. I've been through it all with EA and they agreed nothing wrong my end. I'm on xbox, I'm aware some people may glitch it but surely I can't be that unlucky that I always meet the glitchers.

I was really happy this Fifa 19 because up until the weekend league that got delayed I had not had any issues at all with disconnects and lucky with no noticeable lag at all that I felt impacted my gameplay. However, since that delayed weekend league its disconnecting all the time and always when I'm winning so I lose the points. I was just about to go into Div 5 again before that weekend league and I'm now just on the fringe of relegation to Div 7! Is anyone even in there?

i was in div 5 but now in div 7 cause of speed up lag

oh yes also after last patch of game every match speed up lag is present
    i boradcast on twitch this is how speed up lag is

but today is worst than this video
    Post edited by daniel4o7903 on
  • daniel4o7903
    edited November 2018
    Clancy wrote: »
    It is also very possible that what I call "lag/delay" is different from how other people would define it

What I used to get was very literally unplayable. I don't mean sort of frustrating delay making it hard to win; the screen would freeze for 2-3 seconds and then all the players would go fast-mode rubber band around the pitch. Couldn't pass let alone even attempt a shot

Maybe if you guys were to play on my system you would notice some lag that I'm not good enough/sensitive enough to notice or be affected by. I'm not playing at a very high level

that is what i also experience ,same as you ,never had speed up lag before in last 5 years of fifa games

link of my gameplay speed lag i broadcasted live :

today was worst speed up lagging than in this video

Post edited by daniel4o7903 on
  • padr81
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This weekend was shocking for me, terrible, especially Friday. Went on rivals at 1am UK time last night and it felt like a different game the gameplay was so good. Honestly, considering I wanted to bang my head off the wall during WL (friday) and even Squad Battles (sunday).

Last night (Sunday night/Monday morning) was brilliant and honestly, I never enjoyed the game as much. The three days before were the worst I've ever experienced and today its back to junk but not as bad as Friday.
  • Phuong
    74 posts Park Captain
    just based on my navigation through the menu screen I can pretty much tell how my game play is going to be. Just that milli sec delay is enough to confirm the incoming **** game play. This is seriously going to deter so many people away from the game. I usually play everyday for about 5 to 8 games, But luckily if I can get through 2 now. Its just so frustrating as I keep upgrading my team only to be let down by the **** game play. For the love of god, why cant they just admit that the problem is from their end.
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    The main problem even if EA know delay was always some problem since few years in Fifa then now in Fifa 19 specialy in Weekend League delay is bigger compared to last year - For me in beggining fifa 19 delay was not so big like in last 3 weeks in weeken leage when everything work very slow and even if player in 30 games dont have at lest 1-2 discconects from your site or opponent its miracle

The worst is lags when game stop for 2-3 secund and im cant move and next run very fast for 2-3 secund beafore back to normal mode .

First they shoud back conection set up to per 2 per not dedicated server for weekend league beacouse since they changed conection structure from weekend league with adding dedicated servers then problem with delay stronger hit most players.
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    delay is obvious when compared to offline play. Players feel like running through mud water.
  • daniel4o7903
    edited November 2018
    Phuong wrote: »
    just based on my navigation through the menu screen I can pretty much tell how my game play is going to be. Just that milli sec delay is enough to confirm the incoming **** game play. This is seriously going to deter so many people away from the game. I usually play everyday for about 5 to 8 games, But luckily if I can get through 2 now. Its just so frustrating as I keep upgrading my team only to be let down by the **** game play. For the love of god, why cant they just admit that the problem is from their end.

same with me beofre 10 days i was playing every day 5-10 games and was going to rank 1 in div rivals .
    now last 5-6 days i play like in 1 day 2-3 and cant afford to stand to play more i barely reach rank 2 cause i cant have matches of this but you know very good
  • Pewdiepie
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    I plug in my ethernet cable no probs at all. On wifi the delay is sometimes not often/barely any. But I have the highest mbps from my provider so idk. You get what you pay for and depends how many devices you have online while playing ..then you have region ect..you guys want the best connection then pay up instead of buying coins..
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    Weekend League working on dedicated servers so if dedicated servers are bad you cant have good conection even if you have good web - If you dont understand this then invite friend to firendly game during weekend league - where conection is set up Per 2 per then game play will be work faster compared to weekend league where is slower beacouse they have not good enough dedicated servers,
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10643 posts Has That Special Something
    @EA_Andy Look at the numbers here. Out of 350 votes only 13% are getting a game that actually works as intended.

This is unacceptable and we as a community want answers as to whether this is being addressed and if it will be fixed this year at all.

This can't be ignored forever.
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2018
    Why don't you clear up what you mean by delay? Delay isn't just a 0.5 second delay from input. It's way more. For instance, there is input delay but the issues are

-poor first touch. The ball bounces way ahead of the player, including neymar. He can't control it quick enough
    -players feel slow. Lag Bale and Bale when the lag isn't there clearly feel so much different.
    -players aren't responsive. With the lag, a slight flick of right or left stick, the input won't register. You cant change direction while spriting or do tricks quick. You need to exaggerate the actions, which takes time, which make it improssible to pull off
    -the players turning is slow, large radius
    -the ground passes take forever to reach their target.
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    FYI, I have been compaining about this since FIFA 11 UT. Had it on Xbox 360, PS4, PS4 pro and now PC. Same story. Had 3 different isps. Though everyone I change isp, for the first one week, amazing smooth gaemplay. Also when I cqhnge my harware like modem or router. After a week, the lag comes back. In FIFA 16, EA and I spent a month trying to fix it. They could not. In the end, they just gave me a free copy of star wars, which I sold immediately. So don't think they can fix it from my end.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10643 posts Has That Special Something
    FYI, I have been compaining about this since FIFA 11 UT. Had it on Xbox 360, PS4, PS4 pro and now PC. Same story. Had 3 different isps. Though everyone I change isp, for the first one week, amazing smooth gaemplay. Also when I cqhnge my harware like modem or router. After a week, the lag comes back. In FIFA 16, EA and I spent a month trying to fix it. They could not. In the end, they just gave me a free copy of star wars, which I sold immediately. So don't think they can fix it from my end.

Sounds something similar to myself. I've had 3 ISPs, changed from wireless to wired, changed TV for a gaming monitor and even sold my old PS4 then bought a brand new one.

After all this not making any difference whatsoever I realised that the problem wasn't on my end.

All other games are flawless yet FIFA feels sluggish and unresponsive 95% of the time. If this was a different game it would have been binned a long time ago but I just can't seem to let FIFA go.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I think my lag is more due to me having a **** wireless that i can't seem to fix. Internet on the first floor is fine but second floor is a **** fest with my ping going super high every 20 seconds for no reason at all.

Tried swapping wifi and everything, nothing seems to do the trick, anyone help?
  • Pewdiepie
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you guys can improve your connection and know it will make a difference do it. Tell your provider you want more mbps and their top internet high speed (you need to really tell them or they give you the shi* deals). Also if you have an older router turn it in and they will provide you the newest one free of charge and ask for 2 or 3 ethernet cables. Also sign in to your providers website and close down all other connections that are not being used at the time and make your system xbox/ps4 priority. Try getting the router and ethernet cable before getting better wifi if you dont have the money atleast. If all fails idk then..
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @EA_Andy Look at the numbers here. Out of 350 votes only 13% are getting a game that actually works as intended.

This is unacceptable and we as a community want answers as to whether this is being addressed and if it will be fixed this year at all.

Still no answear?
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    W16 wrote: »

Still no answear?

Maybe we get lucky and get one in 2021
  • Neckabob
    12655 posts Has That Special Something
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    If you guys can improve your connection and know it will make a difference do it. Tell your provider you want more mbps and their top internet high speed (you need to really tell them or they give you the shi* deals). Also if you have an older router turn it in and they will provide you the newest one free of charge and ask for 2 or 3 ethernet cables. Also sign in to your providers website and close down all other connections that are not being used at the time and make your system xbox/ps4 priority. Try getting the router and ethernet cable before getting better wifi if you dont have the money atleast. If all fails idk then..

Lol no. I never had delay in previous fifas so no its not my connection
  • freakjas
    5181 posts Big Money Move
    Id say most of the times it’s alright but sometimes it’s quite annoying.
    Seen on YouTube that someone from the uk looked up the players he faced and according to their language on their psn some with Heavy Delay were from Spain/Italy and stuff and whenever he didn’t have delay they were from the uk as well. Gonna check myself this weekend
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Liamooo wrote: »
    I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

No, I don't think nor did I say people should have to do that. Just offering my experience bc it might help some people

I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

The problem isn't on our end it's the EA servers.

Man, I get that this sucks for you and lots of people. I was living it for a long time. Years in fact, savage lag all the time

But if the issue were really ONLY on the EA server end then why is my gameplay totally lag free since my move across town and ISP switch?

Maybe it's a bit of both. In my case the issue was on the ISP end, and changing made a huge difference. But in your case it could be a problem with distance to the nearest EA server, which wouldn't improve no matter what ISP you are using

Just offerering my experience and suggestions to people on the off chance it might help. If you guys would rather just say "nothing works to fix this" and scream into the void about EA and their servers being scum that's.... fine too. I'm certainly not defending them, and wish you all the best of luck
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    I plug in my ethernet cable no probs at all. On wifi the delay is sometimes not often/barely any. But I have the highest mbps from my provider so idk. You get what you pay for and depends how many devices you have online while playing ..then you have region ect..you guys want the best connection then pay up instead of buying coins..

Haha deluded
  • Smiley_Utd
    1251 posts Professional
    I haven't read all the comments on this forum as this type of poll doesn't particularly interest me, but just an FYI I've never had any sort of problem with delay apart from the odd time on Draft. I really don't get what all the fuss is about...
  • Bilko89
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    I get delay now and again but I'd like to say IT IS an issue. Also, I have a wired connection that, when through on goal, stops play on my screen, then catches up. It can't be a coincidence when it only happens when I'm about to have a chance to score (this isn't FUT Rivals btw, only WL)
  • JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If they fixed the delay the game would actually feel so much better. It's not the best fifa i have played but I do enjoy a lot of the things they have done this year. It's just a shame the delay is affecting the game so much specially when they have promos!