Rivals gone wrong 😂

Simsbadger
908 posts Professional
Hi all
Ok enough is enough
I’ve gone on a run from hell and I have no idea what to do except give up !!
On Friday I was pushing for div4 in rivals ive not won a game all weekend or today ind have been relegated to div 6 !! And almost pushed into div7 I go two goals up it’s like the other team has been possessed and my team have gone to jelly 😂 I lose almost every game 2-3 or 3-4 it’s a weird thing surely it can’t just be ea I’ve checked my tactics they are ok with what I normally do any advice welcome and yes I do need to get good !! Before anyone says it 😂

Comments

• sido1968
    1737 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was in 6 comfortably then I let my stepson have a go and he relegated me to 7 and I am stuck there, nearly all 86 plus prem squads. I just go lose draw win all the time.
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    I lost my first game 5-3 (div4) Saturday night then won 6 in a row.. last night I won my first game then went 4 without a win, one of them a last minute 4-3 defeat (from 3-1 up) against someone who smashed me 6-0 a few weeks ago (recognised the team/kit/name).. it’s just how it goes sometimes pal.

I genuinely 100% believe I was just off form last night but bang in form Saturday.. all it takes is a bit of tiredness delaying your reactions to certain situations by a split second and you can go from a comfortable div 4 player to a struggling div 5
  • Rendevous_star
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Buy a 10k cheap team and play to have fun with for a couple of days and you'll win games. Don't take it too seriously or over play to your star players.
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    I’ve played almost 31 games in rivals this weekend and today as don’t want to get relegated but I may take a break for a few days
    Hopefully when the update comes to console I may come back to try
  • rajudas
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Happened with me last week, was in div 6 pushing for div 5, but then I started losing, dropped to div. 7, and was close to relegation, doesn't matter what I did, I just couldn't win.

Stopped playing for a while, then I used a cheap OP Bundesliga squad to try and unlock the Tah SBC card, now I'm on a winning streak, winning games by 5-2, 4-1, getting rage quits and all, this game is funny.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think there is much skill gap in div 5-4-3... so no need to feel bad!!!!
  • aceofknaves73
    975 posts Professional
    my form in rivals is terrible. i dont think i will ever get out of div 5 if im honest. i win, lose and draw....end up on less points than i started
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    I was in div 5 very comfortably and started to push for div 4 slowly.
    Now I can’t get out div 6 😂
    It is literally win then lose.
    And it’s always stupid goals to concede.
    And being 2-0 up is a DEATH TRAP!
    8/10 times I’m 2-0 up I will either lose or draw. Dodgy crap goals in 90min

Weekend league however is lovely.
    Always seem to get a balanced game.
    I can happily say if I lose in WL it’s legit and the other guy deserves it.

Rivals however is BS!
  • CtldChaos
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    I was in div 5 very comfortably and started to push for div 4 slowly.
    Now I can’t get out div 6 😂
    It is literally win then lose.
    And it’s always stupid goals to concede.
    And being 2-0 up is a DEATH TRAP!
    8/10 times I’m 2-0 up I will either lose or draw. Dodgy crap goals in 90min

Weekend league however is lovely.
    Always seem to get a balanced game.
    I can happily say if I lose in WL it’s legit and the other guy deserves it.

Rivals however is BS!

You lost me right here.....
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    When I click onto a player they continue running in the same direction and I lose momentary control for a second or two what's up with that?
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    I don't get rage if I lose in Rivals.. But hate to lose to in Weekend league.. My players feel like stuck in desert sand.. Don't even move a bit.. The player I am controlling does lunges.. Without pressing any button... and it leads to goal.. It's fine to concede in rivals because there is not much at stake...
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Buy a 10k cheap team and play to have fun with for a couple of days and you'll win games. Don't take it too seriously or over play to your star players.

Literally the only way to play this game. Build around some untradables. Use some players you like and change it up weekly. Try to sell for profit each week on the Thursday/Friday and run a weakened team in WL. Stop chasing the wins!

Honestly... it’s saved the game for me. I don’t care about the results as much and still do ok.
  • LiamSully
    6967 posts Big Money Move
    Minty89 wrote: »
    When I click onto a player they continue running in the same direction and I lose momentary control for a second or two what's up with that?

That’s in your game settings
    Player movement direction or something
    High, low or off
    I use off, some use low
  • Minty89 wrote: »

Change your auto movement assist settings (whatever it’s called) I have mine off completely.
  • alex1987
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Same here bro. 2 Gold 1 ranks in WL in a row.
    Now lost 7 rival games in a row bringing me down from 1700 to 1480 in skill rating. Nothing seems to work. Every other chance gets like skied.
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I m on a bad streak myself and not sure why. Trying different formations.
  • Mc_chigby
    1063 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Messaged my last 3 opponents after getting well beaten for the first time in div 4 in a while (7-1) one game. All mentioned relugated themselves from div 2 for the tah objective

It's a shame EA can't fix the division issue