Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• CeeQue
    10801 posts Has That Special Something
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Nothing will come of this though
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    well done @Fifa_Hawk_85 finally a small step in the right direction
    gave up playing this weekend so disheartening especially since I spend a small fortune every year on this game
    if there is anything worse then my pack it's the servers.

@Game over man game over I also gave up over the weekend and getting BO4 later but it's so frustrating as FIFA is the game I have paid for and want to play but yet I can't as the game is unplayable through no fault of my own.

We are all in the same boat here and it's not acceptable we need some sort of answers and assurance that the issues are actually being addressed as we speak. I doubt Andy will actually reply but thought it was worth a try as I'm going through the cycle of trying everything possible before actually quitting the game.

Seriously considering putting a case together and getting all the evidence I need and contacting watchdog as us customer's have been sold a product that is broken and doesn't work as intended. Would be nice to get big numbers on this poll to submit to them.

it's even more frustrating for me as fifa is the only game I can play due to ill health (Parkinson's) I love the ultimate team building part and watch my son play.I throw a lot of money at this game four figure sums every year in and out .
    every year the player base gets bigger yet the gameplay and servers get progressively worse.
    it's about time EA acknowledged loyal players like us.
    I am with you on this we need answers if we don't get any we need to escalate this .
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    I get delay and multiple lags in weekend league, in about 90% of my games, and huge freezes in some of them.
    As for rivals, it's mostly delay and heavy gameplay.

My connection is 300/300 wired fibre with 4 ping and no packet loss.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Nothing will come of this though

Probably not mate but it's nice to make a bit of noise and hopefully they will listen.

It's my last ditch attempt before quitting the game it's so frustrating though as all I want is a FIFA that works. Can look past all the other bs if it plays like it should.
  • Recoba
    3594 posts National Call-Up
    Delay every game on WL. Less delay on Sunday mornings. Server server overload?
  • NornIron
    11119 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Would love to see what setup the people with no problems have.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    NornIron wrote: »
    Would to see what setup the people with no problems have.

Definitely mate as I'm on around 90 down 40 up, using a wired connection and playing on a 2ms response time monitor so would expect the gameplay to be flawless but that's far from the case.
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So ~ 90 % have delay and most of us on regular basis. Why dont EA do anything about this?
    Strange thing is that the delay comes from game to game. I can feel if its delay or not by first minute.

• Snapzs
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    I get delay most every game. Decided to add a few silvers to my squad to lower the overall and remove a few ifs just out of boredom and frustration. Suddenly the delay is gone most games :s it's probably just coincidence.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    W16 wrote: »
    So ~ 90 % have delay and most of us on regular basis. Why dont EA do anything about this?
    Strange thing is that the delay comes from game to game. I can feel if its delay or not by first minute.

It's crazy that only 13% get the game working as intended. I'm fairly confident that on a bigger sample size the numbers would be something similar.

EA really need to address this before they lose alot of the long time customers like myself and many others.
  • Liamooo
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Pretty disgusting from EA tbh how can every FIFA get worse each year and the servers become worse and worse. How can they sell a product when they don't have the nessecery servers to handle the traffic ?

Make matters worse they say this year they will be transparent yet they've not released any more info on servers here or via other social media platforms.

I get delay every x amount of games, few smooth and few delay, and it repeats, its not unplayable, but its noticeble and skillmoves dont activate/trigger like they should, player moving is also affected.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    Liamooo wrote: »
    Pretty disgusting from EA tbh how can every FIFA get worse each year and the servers become worse and worse. How can they sell a product when they don't have the nessecery servers to handle the traffic ?

Make matters worse they say this year they will be transparent yet they've not released any more info on servers here or via other social media platforms.

vcs8ly.jpg

That's pretty much all we have got. EA are aware of this issue but they haven't actually officially acknowledged it and gave us reassurance that it's being treated as a priority and being worked on.

Instead they would rather make sure the cockerel is facing the correct way in the spurs stadium. Laughable 😂
  • Clancy
    7736 posts League Winner
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure
  • Liamooo
    885 posts Semi-Pro

vcs8ly.jpg

That's pretty much all we have got. EA are aware of this issue but they haven't actually officially acknowledged it and gave us reassurance that it's being treated as a priority and being worked on.

Instead they would rather make sure the cockerel is facing the correct way in the spurs stadium. Laughable 😂

Yup that's been the only time they've replied regarding the matter and this was like 2/3 weeks ago.
  • madwullie
    4155 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    NornIron wrote: »
    Would love to see what setup the people with no problems have.

I have above average Internet but I play wirelessly in a games room on a different floor to my router. I use a wireless controller as well. If nothing, that at least points towards it not being an Internet / wired / wireless problem.

Edit: after reading the post above I'm with Bt infinity
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Clancy wrote: »
    I do know what all the fuss is about though. I had savage delay for years, during FIFA 18 I moved house and changed from Optimum cable internet to Verizon fiber optic. Night and day difference, haven't had a hint of lag since the switch. Used to be I couldn't play on the WL servers unless it was 2a.m. and everyone else was asleep

To folks still struggling; consider switching your ISP to another provider. I know this isn't an option for many, and some might not benefit from the switch. But it totally changed things for me.

And in my case at least the upload/download speeds are NOT the important factor. It's all about that ping. Used to have 40-50ms and it was dreadful. Now I have under 5-10ms and its smooth as butter

Also, consider switching to a new router. Even if youre wired into ethernet I've heard older routers can slow that ping measure

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

The problem isn't on our end it's the EA servers.
  • Liamooo
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2018

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    edited November 2018

vcs8ly.jpg

Yup that's been the only time they've replied regarding the matter and this was like 2/3 weeks ago.

Exactly mate it's a complete joke. Have tagged @EA_Andy on this thread and in a separate thread and yet to get a response. Won't hold my breath as transparency doesn't seem to be something that EA practices.
  • NornIron
    80/20mb Sky fibre now but tried BT and Plusnet, basically all the same.
    Ping on xbox one dashboard is 24ms.
    Dmz and port forwarding etc seem to make the gameplay worst.
    Line attenuation on the router says 13.3db I think thats the length to the broadband exchange.
  • Mataay
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why cant they do it like NHL online where you can actually se the network connection ping in a graph...
  • NW86
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    Delay makes the game pretty much unplayable for me. I lose many games in matches that I should not lose. I also have the delay in pretty much any FUT-type. WL, Rivals, SB's. In SB's I sometimes lose to teams with a rating that I beat by 3 or 4 goals when I don't have a delay.

Sadly in the last 2 weeks I've had the delay in basicly every game. Sometimes I dont have a delay but more of a speedmode, then it feels like both me and the opponent move twice as fast as in a normal game. Except for turning and switching between players which still is quite slow.

Therefore I have basically given up on FUT. I play one or two games a day and if I experience too much lag then I just quit because I'm done. It's no fun like this anyway. I can't reach my best. Qualifying for WL is almost impossible since it's very hard to win matches with this lag. And even when I do qualify playing 30 games in one weekend with all the lag is just a major frustration anyway and I end up winning only 5 or 6 games max which should easily be many more. There's no fun in that at all.

I wish there was an indication as to when this would improve, but from what I've read on this forum I don't have much hope.
  • Clancy
    7736 posts League Winner

Do you really think people should have to do this just to play FIFA lag free ? Absolutely insane, I have low ping and wired fibre gigabit Internet and I get lag and delay

No, I don't think nor did I say people should have to do that. Just offering my experience bc it might help some people

I've tried everything over the last few years I've switched between 3 ISPs, bought a gaming monitor, changed ethernet cables and nothing makes a difference.

The problem isn't on our end it's the EA servers.

Man, I get that this sucks for you and lots of people. I was living it for a long time. Years in fact, savage lag all the time

But if the issue were really ONLY on the EA server end then why is my gameplay totally lag free since my move across town and ISP switch?

Maybe it's a bit of both. In my case the issue was on the ISP end, and changing made a huge difference. But in your case it could be a problem with distance to the nearest EA server, which wouldn't improve no matter what ISP you are using

Just offerering my experience and suggestions to people on the off chance it might help. If you guys would rather just say "nothing works to fix this" and scream into the void about EA and their servers being scum that's.... fine too. I'm certainly not defending them, and wish you all the best of luck
  • Clancy
    7736 posts League Winner
    It is also very possible that what I call "lag/delay" is different from how other people would define it

What I used to get was very literally unplayable. I don't mean sort of frustrating delay making it hard to win; the screen would freeze for 2-3 seconds and then all the players would go fast-mode rubber band around the pitch. Couldn't pass let alone even attempt a shot

Maybe if you guys were to play on my system you would notice some lag that I'm not good enough/sensitive enough to notice or be affected by. I'm not playing at a very high level
  • JackoEFC
    93 posts Park Captain
    Been getting delay on and off since FIFA 09
  • My biggest issue and this goes back to fifa 17 and 18 is disconnections. It's always when I'm winning. I've been through it all with EA and they agreed nothing wrong my end. I'm on xbox, I'm aware some people may glitch it but surely I can't be that unlucky that I always meet the glitchers.

I was really happy this Fifa 19 because up until the weekend league that got delayed I had not had any issues at all with disconnects and lucky with no noticeable lag at all that I felt impacted my gameplay. However, since that delayed weekend league its disconnecting all the time and always when I'm winning so I lose the points. I was just about to go into Div 5 again before that weekend league and I'm now just on the fringe of relegation to Div 7! Is anyone even in there?
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2981 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've had it every game for the past three weeks. The previous two weeks before that the game felt fine.
    I get delay every game, even is fut champs, with lag since last patch!!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    @EA_Andy Any response at all would be appreciated even if it's not what we want to hear.

Can't ignore the fact that the game is unplayable for over 60% of us this needs addressed asap.

We have all bought a game that's clearly broken this isn't something that's going to go away.
  • NornIron
    Even squad battles is terrible tonight, went to pass the ball and had time to set the controller down before it actually worked.
    Legendary up 1-0 at half time and was still going to quit.