What formation is the meta/what do the majority of the 30-0 pro's play?

[Deleted User]
0 posts National Call-Up
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• phil_88
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A lot of people play 41212-2, 4231, 443 as for the pros not too sure
  • Menloh
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    The formation you use is by far the most OP one. The difference between other formations like 4231,433 is huge IMO
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    If you're using a 10k team at this stage you better be amazing at the game. That's not a knock on you personally, that's just a reality.
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212-2 is the most used and by far the most OP formation in this game again. Sadly its also the most anti football formation and most boring to play for any real football fan.
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    So I'm only just getting in to 19, and for the last few FIFA's I've always been a 4-1-2-1-2(2) player.

But something feels a bit different this time around, I'm not sure if it's cause I've been only using a 10k off chem horrible squad with a bad custom tactics playing against meta 1mil+ teams in Rivals as my introduction to 19, but I feel like this could be the time to change.

Is there a general like, go to formation that all the top players use? And I'm not talking about some clickbait youtube video, I mean a consensus/trend among all the 30-0 players in Champs.

And if so, are there any good vid's from one of those players out on it explaining their CT's/setup/etc

Thanks!

Honestly, if your team is that mismatched and it's costing you games, score 3 ogs and it'll drop like 1600 skill points. You'll still earn whatever division rewards you started at during the week.

D7 R1 for example is still 45k, that'd be massive for you.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    Also give Boras' set up a go, it's not spectacular but the 5 customs are definitely solid and get the basics set up right.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    Dasco wrote: »
    So I'm only just getting in to 19, and for the last few FIFA's I've always been a 4-1-2-1-2(2) player.

But something feels a bit different this time around, I'm not sure if it's cause I've been only using a 10k off chem horrible squad with a bad custom tactics playing against meta 1mil+ teams in Rivals as my introduction to 19, but I feel like this could be the time to change.

Is there a general like, go to formation that all the top players use? And I'm not talking about some clickbait youtube video, I mean a consensus/trend among all the 30-0 players in Champs.

And if so, are there any good vid's from one of those players out on it explaining their CT's/setup/etc

Thanks!

Honestly, if your team is that mismatched and it's costing you games, score 3 ogs and it'll drop like 1600 skill points. You'll still earn whatever division rewards you started at during the week.

D7 R1 for example is still 45k, that'd be massive for you.

@Dasco

I'm already R1 in Div 5 and I've climbed to above 1400 skill rating I believe, what should I do before the new DR?

Up to you. I'd hold division until the refresh. If you wanna drop at that point then do it, as you'll maintain D5 rewards and should win 95% of games.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Also give Boras' set up a go, it's not spectacular but the 5 customs are definitely solid and get the basics set up right.

@Pieman25

I tried his for like, my VERY first few games when I had no idea wtf I was doing, wasn't sure if it suited me or just cause I was clueless playing with 600 coin Serie A players lol, I changed to Gorilla's setup after I bought my 10k team and like, I dunno WTF is up with it, but any time I have a set piece/goal kick, my midfield/forward 6 all literally push up to the others teams back 4, it's the weirdest thing to play as lol.

The 4231 wide set up he named is excellent imo. Although it's effectively an ultra defensive set up, the counter opportunities are always there if you have a high standard of winger.
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    4231 narrow is used by almost every pro player as one of their tactics

4222 is probably the second most used, but it requires great players in most positions to work

41212(2) is also very popular, although you definitely need an alternative formation

Generally I dont find it that useful this FIFA to look at what tactics / formations pro players use. The difference between good and top end cards is so huge, that you simply wont have the same results.

For example 4222 is one of, if not the best formation if you have the likes of either Ronaldo, Cruyff and so on. The reason is that they can bang in timed finesse shots from anywhere, with either foot, and 4222 is the best formation for that.
    Try it with regular cards, and you wont have close to the same results
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class

@Pieman25

I tried his for like, my VERY first few games when I had no idea wtf I was doing, wasn't sure if it suited me or just cause I was clueless playing with 600 coin Serie A players lol, I changed to Gorilla's setup after I bought my 10k team and like, I dunno WTF is up with it, but any time I have a set piece/goal kick, my midfield/forward 6 all literally push up to the others teams back 4, it's the weirdest thing to play as lol.

The 4231 wide set up he named is excellent imo. Although it's effectively an ultra defensive set up, the counter opportunities are always there if you have a high standard of winger.

@Pieman25

Do you think it would work as 4231 narrow/is the narrow variant more viable?

I've been been a fan of winger formations, I hate crossing, it feels so unrewarding, and I refuse to score goals that I don't find personally rewarding (I never do any type of corner glitch/exploit, I just play them short and try work a goal normally, same with FK's, just play them short) and any time I've tried the 4231 wide the 2 wingers just seem to play way too wide no matter what I'd try, or has that changed in 19?

Narrow works ok, it's not as good as last years from what I've found so far. So many use 41212 that I need width, this year with the customs at least you can make the wingers play more narrow and that allows for runs between opposition cb and full back.
  • protzbischof
    Narrow is as good as it has ever been and maybe better. EA takes care of that every year. Go to Div 1 and take a loook..
  • Seandimes
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018

Is there a decent/solid vid/set of CT's out there on how to set up the 4-2-3-1 narrow and/or the 4-1-2-1-2(2), I feel Gorilla's is too based around having an icon team and the Boras CT's don't seem designed for either of those

I dont have a video at hand, but I play 41212(2) almost exclusively (D3/Elite3). Did the custom tactics myself, if you want to give them a try:

Defensive style:

I start on constant pressure, if my opponent is good, I switch to balanced. If he plays a wide formation and spams through balls through the wings, I sometimes use drop back.

Width: 5
    Depth: 4

Offensive style: Balanced

Width: 7
    Players in box: 4

Instructions:

Fullbacks: Stay back+Overlap

CDM: Stay back while attacking, cover center

CMs: Cover Center

Cam: Stay forward, free roam

ST: Stay central, get in behind

Used it with different teams, from 50k to 3 Million, and it works well for me just the same
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t know about you guys but am having the most fun ever in any Fifa playing 5212
  • Recoba
    3570 posts National Call-Up
  • JayyThunder
    4235 posts Big Money Move
    4231 or 433 is what everyone runs
  • protzbischof
    4231 or 433 is what everyone runs

almost nobody runs 433 mate.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    41212-2 is the most used and by far the most OP formation in this game again. Sadly its also the most anti football formation and most boring to play for any real football fan.

No where near as OP as other FIFA’s - 4231 is by far the most balanced.
  • protzbischof
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Its just 41212, but more defensive. You leave 5-6 players at the back at any point and put the rest of your players in the middle to use ping pong passing. Works great because AI defense positioning/marking is a joke. Same as manually covering passing lanes/runs.
  • browney1888
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    i have an issue with the 4-2-3-1 narrow that even if i set width to 1 bar my wide cams still play too wide not sure why as they basically play as wingers
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    i have an issue with the 4-2-3-1 narrow that even if i set width to 1 bar my wide cams still play too wide not sure why as they basically play as wingers

Manually call them fella. I’m finding if I manually trigger towards me or trigger in behind the runs are fantastic.
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Its just 41212, but more defensive. You leave 5-6 players at the back at any point and put the rest of your players in the middle to use ping pong passing. Works great because AI defense positioning/marking is a joke. Same as manually covering passing lanes/runs.

Might be right mate. All I know is the switch from 41212-2 to 4231 took me from elite 3 to 1 win from elite 1. Really solid defensively and offers a lot on the break too. Each to their own though. I still use 41212-2 as my all out attack :lol:
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    I run 4321, get E3 most weeks or G1 as a minimum, my advice don’t copy anyone’s formation or tactics

1) it’s boring as most games will become dull same formation and tactics against the same formation and tactics
    2) it may not / probably won’t suit your play style

I’m very attacking bassically camp in their half, retain around 65% possesstion, score lots of goals. I find it easier to defend running back as defenders seem to make up the ground so play a high line rather than them get in behind half way up the pitch.

Plus all the sheep that play 4231 with youtubers tactics I don’t think realise how easy it is to play against it’s like playing the same person over and over again, whereas if you have something unique you are more likely to stun the oppoisition.