This game is going to give me a heart attack

Cadey 5
10480 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2018
I cannot believe I have done it but somehow! despite being rubbish at this game I just got elite. (post taken from my Scholes thread so if anyone reads this twice my bad) I have hit elite on the last two editions but never before Christmas! Also Kick off, 90th minute 105th minute are all fine defiantly not a issue.

I went from 18-4 to 20-7 and then *** just hit the fan, Mbappe saved me in my 3rd to last game because my opponent had Areola in goal and he could't stop Mbappe from scoring from distance.

Second to last game 1-0 down got it back to 2-1 lost a goal late on to go to ET 102nd minute Prime Klivert smashed a header in from close range, but from KO the ball breaks to Rooney in the box who slots home to make it 2-2 and then somehow Mbappe hits it past the keeper before the half is up to take us to the final game needing a win to hit Elite.

THE FINAL GAME:

62dafbdc-f256-4888-9339-a0f5fc34c7b1_Thumbnail.PNG

This team loads up on the screen its a far cry from the previous teams I have faced and it was rather poetic it was Scholes v Lampard brining back memories of the 2008 CL Final.

My nerves where getting the better off me I took a 20 minute break before the final game sitting down to a bottle of water and taking a screenshot for what I would be the "so close yet so far post"

I started the game cool and collected not passing anywhere unless it was a safe pass in fact a lot of backwards passing as I looked to stay in the game.

15 minutes Sprinting down the wing Al Shawaray finds Mbappe on the edge of the box who curls it into the top corer as a fist bump the goal what would settle the nerves.

29th minute my opponent seems to have the ball for a age as he passes it around he finds Jesus on the edge who slots in POTM Lucas with almost a ocean of space he fires past the on rushing keeper.

35th minute Similar to the first some free space on the left a ball is played behind the CB to Mertens who has the simplist task to lay it to Mbappe 2-1!

38th minute From KO Lucas gets behind my holding midfielders finds Jesus who threads a through ball to Gueye my defendes are all at sea again and with his inner Ronaldo finesses it round the keeper to level.

73rd minute a quick counter from Depay slides in shawary who places a smart ball inside to Mertens taking part in his first WL for the club he finesses it into the net 3-2 surely I can hold on for the last 17 minutes?

my opponent peppers my goal with long shot after long short passing through me life butter I am holding on for the life of me my heart racing like I myself is in the champions league final.

90th minute added time comes up I am just two minutes away from elite "one last attack" the commentator screams Jesus plays a ball inside which Matuidi is well in place to intercept but he can't wrap his foot round the ball as it goes to Herrara, Herrara passes to Lampard, Koulibaly charges at him with a a powered up tackle to come. He is late to the ball as its released to sub Sacnho he fires a hopefully shot which Juanfran blocks, the ball falls back to Sancho who tries to square it my keeper can only get a foot to the ball I smash B begging my defender to clear it and win us the game somehow he fails to hit the ball and jogs of for good measure as Jesus turns and scores to make it 3-3.

105th minute I can't even remember how he got in this position but Allison chases a lose ball which Mbappe reaches first I fire a hopefully cross into the box hoping to get a header in before the keeper can return to the net, Mertens is free in the box and his lopping header goes over the defender into the net.

Only several long range saves from Szczensy and one brilliant save from inside the box keeps me in it as i look to finally hold on to the lead in the 120th minute Lampard finds space and hits a power drive the keeper saves and the referee blows the whistle I have done it!

080f3f7b-3e7b-45d5-b7e5-9e6150f13c0f_Thumbnail.PNG

Goal Highlights

https://xboxclips.com/CADEY 5/15e4593b-9f30-41d0-a08a-8bfe2396fd8c

the 90th minute goal that almost killed my soul

https://xboxclips.com/CADEY 5/2bf8e036-8734-47cc-a37b-e59c4709db40

MY TEAM

5e32ebe3-42f2-4d68-a3c2-4a3582a9455a_Thumbnail.PNG

Disclaimer at HT in my final game I bought on loan CR7 figured it was the best time to use him but I am not having that take away from doing it with this team :D
Post edited by Cadey 5 on

Comments

• TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great work, loving your thread too. You're clearly far from rubbish at the game. Keep it up.
  • Cadey 5
    TalentFG wrote: »
    Great work, loving your thread too. You're clearly far from rubbish at the game. Keep it up.

thanks, oh trust me I am bad compared to people I face, I can't do skill moves, ball rolls timed shots :D I just pass the ball and shoot.
  • Asht1981
    969 posts Professional
    Congrats I've always just stopped at 14 wins coz of time restraints and the game being a fifa coin flip on who wins but I got their in 17 games this week I've often wondered how far I could go n if it's worth it to play the full 30 n see where I finish. Do games get harder the higher up u go or is it pot luck
  • Arron xox
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    Take it you don't like full chem on players lol
  • Knowlesdinho
    10604 posts Has That Special Something
    Arron xox wrote: »

It’s because it’s from his RTG, a lot of the squad has been selected by other people.
  • ChrisDotGaming
    1220 posts Professional
    Arron xox wrote: »

Take it you don't like reading seeing as he put two lines into the post it was from his scholes thread.
  • M98H
    12942 posts Has That Special Something
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

thanks, oh trust me I am bad compared to people I face, I can't do skill moves, ball rolls timed shots :D I just pass the ball and shoot.
    Fifa 19 for you. GG though @Cadey 5 you’ll find your red pack luck will turn bad when hitting elite :lol:
  • DoD_Jester
    26350 posts Player of the Year
    Fair **** play Cade
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great job Cade!
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well done, but the state of the red cards. Despite hitting gold 1/elite 3 my best is still Thorgan Hazard
  • Cadey 5
    M98H wrote: »
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

Fifa 19 for you. GG though @Cadey 5 you’ll find your red pack luck will turn bad when hitting elite :lol:

Ah well will only happen once so won’t be too mad!
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Fair **** play Cade
    PJazz wrote: »
    Great job Cade!

Cheers bossman.
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    Well done, but the state of the red cards. Despite hitting gold 1/elite 3 my best is still Thorgan Hazard

I have reached G1 two previous times I finished all my games 1 G2 rest G3 yes I’ve had some luck but was not all bad finishes.
  • JuliantbX
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicely done!!
  • SF9
    8371 posts League Winner
    Congrats pal
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    Great read.

Congrats mate, solid effort
  • Thefranchise92
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Good job great team good player. Your obviously good so dont do the English thing of downplaying yourself