Honestly... What Is The Point?

TW1103
552 posts An Exciting Prospect
This game is just so bad. This weekend, I've had so much lag, I could have sworn it was 2008.
On top of that, I have played at least 5 games where I've had 20+ shots, to an opponent that has had less than 10... Guess what? I've lost all of them by at least 2 goals!

But worst of all is the AI. My opponent had a corner, my keeper went to punch it away, it just went up, and caused a goalmouth scramble. I held down X to lump it away, and you know what my AI defender does? Jumps in the way to allow it to him him in the face and go in for an own goal.
I can't wait to upload this footage and show how awful this was.
Honestly, I am so done. I'd actually enjoyed the game over the last week or so, but now I just can't.
Anyone want a load of coins?

Comments

• gave up after three games it's ridiculous
    spent a small fortune this year just as every year, packed nothing fair enough it's a gamble so they say.
    but what's even a bigger gamble is trying to get a decent game online.
    what's the point even building your ultimate team.anymore.
    game over.
  • TW1103
    gave up after three games it's ridiculous
    spent a small fortune this year just as every year, packed nothing fair enough it's a gamble so they say.
    game over.

Totally agree mate. Nothing is stable, and it's making me so angry. It's unhealthy to get so absorbed into, and then angry at, a video game.
    Games are supposed to be fun escapism, not an infuriating chore. I'm so done with FIFA now. I'm gonna sell my game, and hopefully everything on it too.
  • Satch85
    1049 posts Professional
    Where are you guys from? I’m in the uk with bog standard broadband and never get lag, yet I see so many complain about it. Maybe I’m just lucky
  • Satch85 wrote: »
    Where are you guys from? I’m in the uk with bog standard broadband and never get lag, yet I see so many complain about it. Maybe I’m just lucky

UK mate
    think you are lucky
  • TW1103
    I'm UK too
  • BLUESBOY345
    1388 posts Play-Off Hero
    No matter how well or poor I start I always end on the same wins :cry:

Was 14-3 before I started playing today now sitting on 16-10 :disappointed:
  • TW1103 wrote: »
    gave up after three games it's ridiculous
    game over.

Totally agree mate. Nothing is stable, and it's making me so angry. It's unhealthy to get so absorbed into, and then angry at, a video game.
    Games are supposed to be fun escapism, not an infuriating chore. I'm so done with FIFA now. I'm gonna sell my game, and hopefully everything on it too.

feel your pain and agree I'm to invested to let go currently but hugely unhappy and at this rate it's just a matter of time
    every angle it's a mess
    from coin buying to pack rates to gameplay.
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yup, I'm sick and tired of losing games to lesser opponents because of broken game mechanics. Lost a game 3-1 this morning with all 3 goals coming from the game not doing what you want it to do. Simple forward pass from my cb to my cdm 10m In front of him and somehow all 3 balls end up being a hard pass across field to the wings. Player intercepts and scores 3 goals . **** like this happens game in game out
  • No matter how well or poor I start I always end on the same wins :cry:

Was 14-3 before I started playing today now sitting on 16-10 :disappointed:

I think you always end up at similar level as does my son normally
    the amount of shenanigans going on though is amazing
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    I'm sick of the competitiveness of this game. Remember when I played casual matches year ago with players I liked.

Now it's playing to a metal wall and conceding timed finishes outside of my box constantly. Honestly considering switching to seasons
  • Tubbs76 wrote: »
    Yup, I'm sick and tired of losing games to lesser opponents because of broken game mechanics. Lost a game 3-1 this morning with all 3 goals coming from the game not doing what you want it to do. Simple forward pass from my cb to my cdm 10m In front of him and somehow all 3 balls end up being a hard pass across field to the wings. Player intercepts and scores 3 goals . **** like this happens game in game out

sounds very familiar
    wonder why ?
  • jonkero wrote: »
    I'm sick of the competitiveness of this game. Remember when I played casual matches year ago with players I liked.

Now it's playing to a metal wall and conceding timed finishes outside of my box constantly. Honestly considering switching to seasons

seasons is even worse dude lol
    unless u mean singles
  • TW1103
    The whole game is so broken and boring. I'm currently listing all my players on the market
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    jonkero wrote: »

seasons is even worse dude lol
    unless u mean singles

Hehe yeah. But rivals is such a drag my o my. I want that tah card but don't think it's good for my health to to that
  • Gavlaaaarrr
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why moan on here? They ain’t going to change man, honestly just stop playing the game man, it’s the only way it will hurt them.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Satch85 wrote: »

Exactly the same. Only had one game that had lag.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    The game is a complete mess and I think this weekend was the final straw for me.

I don't want a game that only works on certain days and at certain times I want a game that I can turn on in my free time to have fun and unfortunately this game just doesn't offer that anymore.

Not to mention the lack of skill gap and lack of progression in the game these days it's just turned the game stale and boring. I like the concept of rivals but I have been in div 4 from day 1 never getting relegated or promoted and it's boring the life right out of me and we are only 6 weeks into the new cycle.

This franchise is a thing of the past everything must come to an end at some stage and I've a feeling it's just round the corner for FIFA. I have never seen a game get as much hate from its own users in all my life and I though FIFA 18 was bad.

Think it's time to buy either RDR2 or BO4 tomorrow and start actually having fun again gaming rather than a chore. Leaning heavily towards BO4 though as I've seen alot of bad reviews about RDR2. Anyone here anything good to say about RDR2? I've heard it looks fantastic but you spend most the time on your horse, the controls are terrible and that it's like a big empty open world...would that be accurate?
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had a ton of speed lag in my last WL games... is that what you people are talking about relating to servers?

Cos it sure isn't my 250mb internet, which is probably faster than most people's
  • GargabeGame
    61 posts Park Captain
    Tubbs76 wrote: »

sounds very familiar
    wonder why ?

Because the game is complete garbage. They said they patched most of the critical points, I'm still seeing Casemiro flying away to the pressure a G. Jesus for instance. This is a joke. I don't doubt the fact that they tried to address several issues, but I think the game is far beyond saveable at this point.
  • FatZed
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    The game is a complete mess and I think this weekend was the final straw for me.

I don't want a game that only works on certain days and at certain times I want a game that I can turn on in my free time to have fun and unfortunately this game just doesn't offer that anymore.

Not to mention the lack of skill gap and lack of progression in the game these days it's just turned the game stale and boring. I like the concept of rivals but I have been in div 4 from day 1 never getting relegated or promoted and it's boring the life right out of me and we are only 6 weeks into the new cycle.

This franchise is a thing of the past everything must come to an end at some stage and I've a feeling it's just round the corner for FIFA. I have never seen a game get as much hate from its own users in all my life and I though FIFA 18 was bad.

Think it's time to buy either RDR2 or BO4 tomorrow and start actually having fun again gaming rather than a chore. Leaning heavily towards BO4 though as I've seen alot of bad reviews about RDR2. Anyone here anything good to say about RDR2? I've heard it looks fantastic but you spend most the time on your horse, the controls are terrible and that it's like a big empty open world...would that be accurate?

I feel you bud, quote similar my end. I bought RDR2 the other week and its great - been turning fifa off or not putting it on at all and playing that more. I love my football though so still play but despite all I have setup the gameplay is so inconsistent and largely trash. Get RDR2 you wont regret it so much more fun! I don't find it that empty or boring there's so much to do, too easy to get sidetracked depending on what floats your boat
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Im done with the game after this weekend. Will only play extremly casually from time to time.

I have no control what so ever of the outcome on my games depending on delay or not.
    I play from Sweden with a 250/100 fibre connection. Its just impossible to find a delay free game during prime time.

Usually after 23.00 all my games are smooth.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    FatZed wrote: »

I feel you bud, quote similar my end. I bought RDR2 the other week and its great - been turning fifa off or not putting it on at all and playing that more. I love my football though so still play but despite all I have setup the gameplay is so inconsistent and largely trash. Get RDR2 you wont regret it so much more fun! I don't find it that empty or boring there's so much to do, too easy to get sidetracked depending on what floats your boat

Yeah mate it's my love of football that's keeping me here but thinking if I play something else during the week and just play the wl casually then I might start to actually enjoy the game. RDR2 does look fantastic but the user reviews put me off a little bit. Loving the looks of the BO4 blackout mode it's definitely a tough decision between the two though one thing is for sure they will both be alot more fun than this mess lol
  • Primal
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    why bother trying to build the ultimate team when the servers are that bad players can't turn anyway, it doesn't matter who you have.
  • Tosh
    52 posts Park Captain
    FatZed wrote: »

Yeah mate it's my love of football that's keeping me here but thinking if I play something else during the week and just play the wl casually then I might start to actually enjoy the game. RDR2 does look fantastic but the user reviews put me off a little bit. Loving the looks of the BO4 blackout mode it's definitely a tough decision between the two though one thing is for sure they will both be alot more fun than this mess lol

Took 4 million coins off me and wont listen to anything i say when explaining the situation so done a chargeback for fp.
    Bought rdr2 and fallout76 and sold all my players,not had chance to get into rdr2 yet but wont ever buy fifa again,congratulations EA on losing a founder who spends a fair amount every year.
  • I hardly complain about fifa in forums or in general, but this is the worst gaming experience i have ever had.
    Last year i used to finish at gold 2 or 1, in this fifa im reaching silver one after spitting blood with an even better team from last year.
    Seriously, i just had 4 games remaining to get to Silver 1 in wl, well guess what? i lost them all, three of them was me leading by two goals and then magically my team turn to sh*t and gets destroyed. This game is making me rage so hard because of nonsense and im not having fun at all, im too old for this.

The delay, the inconsistent gameplay speed, AI defending and off course, the scripting bullsh*t momentum or whatever you want to call it, made me quick sell my whole team even aguero and pogba so i wont even bother to get back on playing this piece of garbage.

Guys, dont keep on playing if you're not having fun. Quick sell every player so you wont have the coins or the players and thats how you quit.
  • TW1103
    BoryBory07 wrote: »
    I hardly complain about fifa in forums or in general, but this is the worst gaming experience i have ever had.
    Last year i used to finish at gold 2 or 1, in this fifa im reaching silver one after spitting blood with an even better team from last year.
    Seriously, i just had 4 games remaining to get to Silver 1 in wl, well guess what? i lost them all, three of them was me leading by two goals and then magically my team turn to sh*t and gets destroyed. This game is making me rage so hard because of nonsense and im not having fun at all, im too old for this.

The delay, the inconsistent gameplay speed, AI defending and off course, the scripting bullsh*t momentum or whatever you want to call it, made me quick sell my whole team even aguero and pogba so i wont even bother to get back on playing this piece of garbage.

Guys, dont keep on playing if you're not having fun. Quick sell every player so you wont have the coins or the players and thats how you quit.

I'm doing something even better. Selling everything, and gonna get some coin for my coin ;)
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the lag and delay is worse then ever in 19, also every game is the same **** facing a wall of defenders running you down and passing it in behind your defence. Its a boring game.

Game is made to keep most players playing and buying points for as long as possible.

EA wont do anything with it when players keep filling their pockets everytime a promo hits. They need some real competion, and that wont happend.
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BoryBory07 wrote: »
    I hardly complain about fifa in forums or in general, but this is the worst gaming experience i have ever had.

The best way to quit, did it last year and it felt so good to not bother with FIFA anymore. Im waiting for the next patch to give it a last chance. But i honestly dont think it will change anything.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Slow sluggish gameplay is the worst for me, I'd prefer actual lagging
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played wl the first few weeks with a 500k team.finish gold 3.added 2 icons since,value of over 2 million now.finish gold 3 still.I know when I'm going to lose as my team passing gets sloppy.takes 3 seconds to pass after hitting the button 50 times.every pass gets intercepted.my team struggle to turn,defenders not clearing properly.i just know.played a game earlier where the other person was completly dominating me.he was very very good.but i new i was going to win because he hit post several times my keeper turned into superman.Best my keeper ever played and I thought this game is made for me to win.guess what?I won 3-1.so I end up on 12 wins last night.14 played.finished on 15 wins 3 left.couldn't play the rest because I just know i won't be allowed to win.I Cannot under any circumstances get gold 2.even if I won 16 in a row with 14 games left.I will not be allowed gold 2.long story short 300k team 3 million team no matter how good you are the outcome is always the same.why pay 100k on a player with 90 passing rate when he ain't no better at passing then a bronze player.why pay 2-300k for a player with 96 pace 90 shot when he can't run faster than a defender with 52 pace.why not just play Your defenders up front they seem to be faster.and can score over head kicks