Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Layton8212
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ranntheman wrote: »
    Used 90 Best for 85 matches now. He starts as RM in 4411 then moves to CF via dpad tactics. Record after 2 weekend leagues&rivals is 68 goals and 21assists.

A very fun card to use. He makes space where there should be none and makes very good runs. Supberb dribbler as well. Fake shot followed by finesse anywhere in range and you can garuntee the opposition keeper has got work to do.

Been looking at this card for the right wing seen a few reviews now, im giving mbappe a go for now. Hoping theres a dip next friday
  • S-Dog
    2382 posts Fans' Favourite
    88 Best vs 90 Figo at RCAM... who would you pick?
  • bhafc1901
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    Picked up 90 Henry for 1,339,000. Think that's a solid price? Keen to give him a few WL games as I didn't use any of his cards last year.

He will do work for you in WL - trust in that!

Sadly wasn't for me, movement was non existent, didn't win headers off goal kicks ever and felt a bit stiff. Good finisher though but I'd expect nothing less
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Despite drastically improving my team. The thought of spending 1.5m on 4/5 meta nif players makes me feel uneasy. I’d much rather smash the 1.5m on one icon.

Anyone else feel like this?
  • Reus
    22346 posts Club Captain
    S-Dog wrote: »
    88 Best vs 90 Figo at RCAM... who would you pick?

On a smooth connection best
    On a poor connection figo
  • Reus
    22346 posts Club Captain
    Mc wrote: »
    Despite drastically improving my team. The thought of spending 1.5m on 4/5 meta nif players makes me feel uneasy. I’d much rather smash the 1.5m on one icon.

Yes

Only reason I play is to use the icons
  • krakos000
    17426 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »

Yes

• tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018

Having the same mentality went from cr7 to prime henry but to my surprise cr7 is just better so gonna either buy him back or go for another icon ST.
  • Lucas TB
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »

Yes

• Mc
    edited November 2018
    Ok so if I don’t take the boring route and get a load of meta nifs. Which icon should I blow my 1.75m on?
    (Already have nedved at cam)

A. 89 Socrates
    B. 90 best
    C. Prime figo
    D. Save for prime Raul
    E. Save for prime best
  • Olleman
    12553 posts Has That Special Something
    What? I this outside the boot thing is so common, how come they still haven't fixed? It's making ADP so useless, bottle sooo many chances because of it :joy:
  • Reus
    22346 posts Club Captain
    Ok so if I don’t take the boring route and get a load of meta nifs. Which icon should I blow my 1.75m on?

A. 89 Socrates
    B. 90 best
    C. Prime figo
    D. Save for prime Raul

What team and formation?
  • Mc

A. 89 Socrates
    B. 90 best
    C. Prime figo
    D. Save for prime Raul
    E. Save for prime best

2 up top formation.

Nedved cam. Potm Auba striker. Rest is pretty open
  • kalka
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Prime Cruyff is the best icon i used this FIFA.(used Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Gullit etc.) I feel the difrence from 91 version but worth 1,2 mln? I dont know. His shooting and dribbling are top of top level.

• I’m in two minds whether to sell 89 Blanc and get Varane, then spend the remaining coins on my front 3, still using Jesus, Laca and Firmino as I have no issues creating and scoring with them.
  • Koolfashion
    2546 posts Fans' Favourite
    kalka wrote: »
    Prime Cruyff is the best icon i used this FIFA.(used Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Eusebio, Gullit etc.) I feel the difrence from 91 version but worth 1,2 mln? I dont know. His shooting and dribbling are top of top level.

just give me sbc for Prime Cruyff and i am happy
  • DOMinant
    1440 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve tried some new icons this weekend so brief reviews if they help!

Baby Ballack - he was good without being outstanding. Strong, tall, smooth on the ball but a “stiff” type player in the model of pogba/ Milinković-Savić. Scored some long range shots for me and his finesse is reliable, he’s very handy defending near post corners! Worth 820k? I don’t think so. It did almost feel like having 2 pogba’s In my team though.

91 Ronaldinho - fun card! He is very strong on the ball and comes out of skill moves faster than anyone else I’ve used. Looks awesome in game and feels very good all around, if I had to compare to someone I’ve used, I would say a much better Mbappe with less pace and more strength

91 Cruyff - wow what a card! Got me out of jail so many times. Despite the weak foot glitch (he seems to use the outside the foot instead) his finishing is impeccable on both feet. So so silky the smoothest player I’ve used and you can just press B and it’s a goal. Imagine Neymar with a bit more strength and the icon cheese that goes with it. Best player I’ve used this year by far
  • Reus
    22346 posts Club Captain

A. 89 Socrates
    B. 90 best
    C. Prime figo
    D. Save for prime Raul
    E. Save for prime best

2 up top formation.

Nedved cam. Potm Auba striker. Rest is pretty open

I'd get 88 best or 90 figo
  • Olleman
    DOMinant wrote: »

Baby Ballack - he was good without being outstanding. Strong, tall, smooth on the ball but a “stiff” type player in the model of pogba/ Milinković-Savić. Scored some long range shots for me and his finesse is reliable, he’s very handy defending near post corners! Worth 820k? I don’t think so. It did almost feel like having 2 pogba’s In my team though.

91 Ronaldinho - fun card! He is very strong on the ball and comes out of skill moves faster than anyone else I’ve used. Looks awesome in game and feels very good all around, if I had to compare to someone I’ve used, I would say a much better Mbappe with less pace and more strength

91 Cruyff - wow what a card! Got me out of jail so many times. Despite the weak foot glitch (he seems to use the outside the foot instead) his finishing is impeccable on both feet. So so silky the smoothest player I’ve used and you can just press B and it’s a goal. Imagine Neymar with a bit more strength and the icon cheese that goes with it. Best player I’ve used this year by far

Grrr, This put's me off him :(
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1175 posts Professional
    Olleman wrote: »

It's so annoying. It happened with my eusebio a month ago and they still havent fixed it. It's not like the shot wont go in but in certain situations you require a decent amount of bend on that shot that you dont get when they use the outside of the foot. Makes me think rivaldo could be usable as he will never use his right anyway
  • DOMinant
    1440 posts Play-Off Hero

It's so annoying. It happened with my eusebio a month ago and they still havent fixed it. It's not like the shot wont go in but in certain situations you require a decent amount of bend on that shot that you dont get when they use the outside of the foot. Makes me think rivaldo could be usable as he will never use his right anyway

Yeah this sums it up well. He still somehow scores with what looks like unnatural shot techniques, just feels strange he won’t use his left foot a lot of the time. Hopefully they’ll patch it soon
  • Olleman

Yeah this sums it up well. He still somehow scores with what looks like unnatural shot techniques, just feels strange he won’t use his left foot a lot of the time. Hopefully they’ll patch it soon

Yeah, will go CR7 ti'l they do
  • SKhan31
    1028 posts Professional
    88 Best is just the....(I think you know what I’ll say). He’s definitely staying in my team till at least TOTY.
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    89 MVB is doing well. When the opponent is on me like a hawk I'm having difficulty getting him in position, but when he does get some space he's an absolute goal machine. The only icon who looks similar as a target man is Klose. Might try him out some time.
  • jenksiee123
    21070 posts Club Captain
    kalka wrote: »

just give me sbc for Prime Cruyff and i am happy

That's what I'm waiting for
  • Dead Whip
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    I know it’s stating the obvious but R94 carried me to 24 wins this WL.

I’d never hit elite before today!
  • abbey621
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Come on EA, TAKE MY MONEY! Where's icon set 3?
  • RebelRob
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    Dead Whip wrote: »

I desperately need r9 this year, he was all that brought me joy last year.

I know they’re gonna leave his sbc til last though as I can imagine him being out of this world again.
  • Mc
    Dead Whip wrote: »

What team do u have him in? My mate has him but can’t get the right team around him.
  • Sixtechburner
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    abbey621 wrote: »
    Come on EA, TAKE MY MONEY! Where's icon set 3?

Waiting for it too, but it needs to be a good one.