Weekend League

Artiboy
86 posts Park Captain
Never played weekend league before.
So im giving it a go this week. Im usually a Div 5/6 player (dont play much tbh)
What can i expect? Am i going to get hammered every game?

Comments

• G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alot say its easier than divisions.. dont expect to hit elite and you'll be good.
  • GL
    7474 posts League Winner
    you can expect all kinds of opponents tbh. you can't be sure of the matchmaking.

what you can be sure of is frustration and hatred for the game
  • heefmondo
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    I dont think you'll get hammered every game. 11 wins is possible definetly. I'd just try and aim for that at first if you're gonna play close to the full 30. If you go on a losing streak take a break. Don't switch your team up either just stick with what you've got. Try and "have fun" as well 😂😂
  • Sercs
    18709 posts World Class
    Aim for 11 wins, 14 is great any higher and it’s a really good performance
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    heefmondo wrote: »
    I dont think you'll get hammered every game. 11 wins is possible definetly. I'd just try and aim for that at first if you're gonna play close to the full 30. If you go on a losing streak take a break. Don't switch your team up either just stick with what you've got. Try and "have fun" as well 😂😂
    Sercs wrote: »
    Aim for 11 wins, 14 is great any higher and it’s a really good performance

Well said
  • Tof33z
    6982 posts Big Money Move
    don't get discouraged if you have a bad run. The matchmaking really works so you will get easier players after a few bad results
  • Geenoui
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont rage quit if you're getting beat. It doesn't register as a loss in matchmaking.
  • LenKikk
    1050 posts Professional
    Expect to lose last minute when the guy has 1 shot on target and you cant seem to score 15 of yours.

Ye im salty atm, but the thing is if it happends dont work yourself up to much you end up losing way more if you lose your composure if that makes sense.
  • Geenoui
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Expect button delay, passes going the wrong direction, perfectly timed shots missing and just **** gameplay all round that will make you want to chop your **** off
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    Geenoui wrote: »
    Dont rage quit if you're getting beat. It doesn't register as a loss in matchmaking.

Did not know this!!!

Where did you get this from?
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero

Also don't get your 400 rival points
  • Fireboy
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    G12OGN wrote: »

Also don't get your 400 rival points

Doesn't count as a loss? really
  • Artiboy
    86 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    Going not too bad. Im 8-5 atm... Last few games have been easier is this because i lost 4 in a row?
  • Paawky
    2792 posts Fans' Favourite
    Artiboy wrote: »
    Going not too bad. Im 8-5 atm... Last few games have been easier is this because i lost 4 in a row?

Yes
  • HeroBent
    4669 posts National Call-Up
    Good going!

Think of it this way; if you loose try to learn from it. Why do you concede? I look at replays, try to find out why i did concede a goal.

Also; take it easy. Do not play at full speed. Make safe passes, build up your play.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    HeroBent wrote: »
    Good going!

Think of it this way; if you loose try to learn from it. Why do you concede? I look at replays, try to find out why i did concede a goal.

Also; take it easy. Do not play at full speed. Make safe passes, build up your play.

Last bit sounds good until the other team hunts you down like you stole something from them. No gaps whatsoever shocking how a team can press while all being glued to their marks.

I just blast it on the wings.
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    heefmondo wrote: »

This is the best advice. Don’t switch your team up this weekend, stick with what qualified you. If what you have totally doesn’t work, change it after the WL.

First time I player WL I used to switch my team up when losing games, it doesn’t work. Sometimes you’re just unlucky with the match making or connection. Best to either take a break or put each game out of your mind and go again.

WL tricks you into thinking everything you’ve done before doesn’t work & then you’re forever changing and never settling. You’re then coming up against playerswho know their teams and formations inside out, which allows a lesser skilled player to beat you.
  • Bilko89
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wife.....home....[work]
    Kids.....home....[grans]
    Coffee...empty...[full]
    Fifa dad mode...off....[engaged]
  • HeroBent
    Blarix wrote: »
    Good going!

Last bit sounds good until the other team hunts you down like you stole something from them. No gaps whatsoever shocking how a team can press while all being glued to their marks.

Haha true, but I tend to play a lot better when i play slow buildup. Tend to loose the ball ti much playing fast passes.

• Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    Good going!

Haha true, but I tend to play a lot better when i play slow buildup. Tend to loose the ball ti much playing fast passes.

You have to play like Chess if you want fast tempo. Picking out one or two options before your player even gets the ball & doing third man runs.
  • HeroBent
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Good going!

You have to play like Chess if you want fast tempo. Picking out one or two options before your player even gets the ball & doing third man runs.

Maybe, but I am an old man so slow is the way to go:-) haha
  • If you can’t think fast and ahead then don’t bother with WL unless you really do just want to play for fun and aren’t bothered about results.
  • Hippyboy6
    16904 posts World Class
    If you can’t think fast and ahead then don’t bother with WL unless you really do just want to play for fun and aren’t bothered about results.

Anyone can play WL & pick up some wins, I don't really understand posts like this telling people if you're not good enough then don't bother. How else are you going to get better under pressure?

OP looks like you made a very solid start, well done mate. Any update on your current progress?
  • Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    If you can’t think fast and ahead then don’t bother with WL unless you really do just want to play for fun and aren’t bothered about results.

Anyone can play WL & pick up some wins, I don't really understand posts like this telling people if you're not good enough then don't bother. How else are you going to get better under pressure?

OP looks like you made a very solid start, well done mate. Any update on your current progress?

Following me round replying to posts believing you are correct on everything doesn’t make you any better.

I haven’t said OP can’t get better at the game, but you need fast reactions and the ability to see the game a few steps ahead if you want to progress past a certain level. It’s where most people hit a wall.
  • HeroBent

Well, I am 5 wins in 7 games yesterday. With a few beers inside. I am crap at this game, but can still get a few lucky wins.
  • Hippyboy6
    16904 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

Following me round replying to posts believing you are correct on everything doesn’t make you any better.

I haven’t said OP can’t get better at the game, but you need fast reactions and the ability to see the game a few steps ahead if you want to progress past a certain level. It’s where most people hit a wall.

Following you around because we've posted on the same threads that are on the first page? I think you'll find it happens quite a lot, sorry if that's an issue for you.
  • HeroBent wrote: »

Well, I am 5 wins in 7 games yesterday. With a few beers inside. I am crap at this game, but can still get a few lucky wins.

First 5 games are usually the easiest unless you get horrendous luck in matchmaking, but that is a great start, well played.
  • HeroBent

First 5 games are usually the easiest unless you get horrendous luck in matchmaking, but that is a great start, well played.

Thanks. Is it not ELO based? Wins get you opponents with higher ELO (better ones), and vica versa?

• HeroBent wrote: »

Thanks. Is it not ELO based? Wins get you opponents with higher ELO (better ones), and vica versa?

ELO plays a much bigger part after your first 5 games :)
  • HeroBent

ELO plays a much bigger part after your first 5 games :)

Yeah, exactly.