Tired of Outplaying Opponent and Losing

AngryHawk
102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I can't tell you how many games I end up losing even though I have way more shots, better possession, better passing %, basically just outplay the opponent to come up on the losing side.

Anyone else suffer the same?

Comments

• SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    This happens a lot, often because poor passing/dribbling/shots are rewarded way more than should be the case.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    I lost a game recently 2-1. I had 15 shots on target. He had three. The kicker is I had 90% pass accuracy. He had 72%. I honestly have no idea what is rewarded in the game.
  • Korthan
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    Tried FUT for the first time in weeks. Division rivals.

Quite first game because of the usual lag disadvantage - I pass my way to opponent's final third, get intercepted and then he plays his way through my whole team and into the box and scores with first attack. Can't tackle, can't intercept, can't block passing lanes.

Try a second time. I go 2-0 up (both headers because apparently scoring from shots is now impossible). I am the better player but towards the end of the first half he starts coming back, pinging through balls which my defence struggles to cope with.

Second half - I dominate for a time but can't score but he apparently holds down strength button because I constantly block passing and players but can't stop his ball momentum towards my goal, then I put in a tackle which wins the ball but it goes straight back to his strikers running through and scores. 2-1.

Then he pings long ball through to Harry Kane, the fastest striker in the world, and my defender can't catch him so in desperation I take him down, penalty, goal. 2-2.

Then he pings another through ball and I am forced to bring him down again and switch to 'defensive' because he is clearly just pinging long through balls now.

Then I realise PACE IS BACK? I thought even the slowest defenders could catch the fastest attackers in 2 seconds but now I am finding this isn't happening.

OK so 90th minute and I just stop him scoring again. Corner kick. Guess what happened? Go on, guess. Yep, he scores with a header. 2-3. I switch off my console immediately.

THIS IS WHY I NO LONGER PLAY THIS GAME. I know this kind of thing is not new but the game is so bad now it's not worth putting up with, most games online are unplayable because of lag disadvantage but when I finally get a match I can win, this nonsense happens.

I know I'm one of the unluckiest video game players in the world and this kind of humiliation is nothing new to me but enough is enough.

Post edited by Korthan on
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2018
    The game is just catered for moronic play. It's the total opposite of actual football. A game where your players can hound the opposition for 90 minutes solid with no negative effects, where having more possession is a bad thing, and where you can score 4 or 5 goals a game when only three of your players ever cross the half way line. If you know anything about football and actually try and implement it in-game, you're at a disadvantage
  • Yosef1607
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just look at united win over juve yday and you can understand that this is all about realastic kind of games
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just drew 5-5 every one of his goals was EAids.
    Including the last second equaliser

Funny.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Happens a lot. Due to the random factor of bounces, deflections and ai error.

Hence why most good players use exploits to win because they decrease error
  • JIO22
    1155 posts Professional
    This is happening more. I've noticed this quite drastically in the gameplay. I've recently outplayed many opponents and lost. Over my last 20/30 games I've probably won a max of 5 games.
  • OldDirtyPackthis
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    It rewards the **** people to keep them playing obv
  • UoD
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game is bad right now, this community however is worse.

Expliot after expolit. Finesse long shots, overhead kicks and corner kicks have ruined this game.
  • Rsscllghn
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have found the same but have also realised that the rewards for winning are so bad that I don't really care.

Investing is more fun. Play with the players you want to and then laugh as EA **** you over.
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I try to enjoy playing, but its just boring now. Every game is a copy of the last one, facing someone with 8 men behind the ball running you down and smashing passes in behind all game.

I dont even care if i win or loose anymore, its boring anyway..

The stupid tackles and straight running players down, the «random» bounces, the wall of defence doing the work for you, the finesse and corners..

I need a break from this game, and cross my fingers they do some good updates soon.

EA need to stop holding hands with the noobs and create an actual skill gap again.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    UoD wrote: »
    The game is bad right now, this community however is worse.

Expliot after expolit. Finesse long shots, overhead kicks and corner kicks have ruined this game.

Not really. The finesse shots is just a symptom of a vile ailment - the auto defending. Dismantle the training wheels and the game opens up by default.
  • truegunn3r
    8619 posts Has That Special Something
    AngryHawk wrote: »
    I can't tell you how many games I end up losing even though I have way more shots, better possession, better passing %, basically just outplay the opponent to come up on the losing side.

Let me guess, it’s the ground crosses from outwide isn’t it?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    EA have altered the tails of the probability distribution. If you change the odds of a low probability even marginally and reduce the odds of a a high ones, you COMPLETELY change the game

Shot values are way off. Open goal should be like 99.9 % not 90 and Bad angle triple ricochet should be .00001% not 5 %.
    Seemingly minor tweaks like that have a HUGE impact.

Overhead kick from corner should be like .01 %..ITS NOT

Im making up numbers, but you get the point. Mess with it enough and you can dominate and lose FAR more often that you should.

I guess I dont understand why you would do this IF ELO , Skill points etc match you up with people of similar skill. Surely our relative performances should be enough ??
  • W77
    934 posts Professional
    you not outplaying anyone if you losing at the end
  • MadTopGun2012
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AngryHawk wrote: »

Ditto. So sick of it. Pretty much every damn game
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    W77 wrote: »

What complete rubbish
  • Khlulh100
    39 posts Park Captain
    Honestly in division or fut champs I expect anything to happen. Especially against me lol think of online play like just one big FA CUP tournament. Where you’re Man Utd and your opponent is Derby with handicap to their advantage....so expect it all lol what really grinds my gears is squad battles! i do not have words for that level of frustration lol
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up

Since when?
  • W77
    934 posts Professional
    Noob_FC wrote: »

Since when?
    since ice cream was created
  • Lackosweat
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    If this wasn't outplaying your opponent then I don't know what it was

aYFRj.jpg
  • OldDirtyPackthis
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lackosweat wrote: »

aYFRj.jpg

Looks like single player laa
  • Lackosweat

aYFRj.jpg

Yeah. This game did exist. Barcelona dominated the whole game and still lost. This is for the W77 guy above.
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional
    Always been an issue in fut, but this year in particular it happens so much more often. You will play good and lose to ****. Happens in all sports IRL and in Esports. But the rate it happens in this game is absurd.

Dude i kid you not i played a terrible first half, be it it was 1-1 at half i made a decision to just highlight my striker and let my midfield play and the AI defensing won me that game. I’d switch only if a player was right on top of the ball. I’ve never played like this. With how OP the AI is this year i cant even play full manual because it doesnt feel right.
  • Noob_FC

aYFRj.jpg

Yeah. This game did exist. Barcelona dominated the whole game and still lost. This is for the W77 guy above.

Wow... Wish I was in parallel universe to see this happening every other game... It has been 6 years for that game...

You are comparing the game which happens like once/twice a year to things that happen every other game in fifa...

STOP defending the game...
  • Noob_FC

Since when?
    since ice cream was created

If you could explain the meaning of outplaying?
    I would like to enlightened by the grace of the knowledge bestowed in your holy brain by thee.
  • Lackosweat

aYFRj.jpg

Wow... Wish I was in parallel universe to see this happening every other game... It has been 6 years for that game...

You are comparing the game which happens like once/twice a year to things that happen every other game in fifa...

STOP defending the game...

It happens to me as much as you guys and I HATE it.

However, irl these games are much more common than you think.
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't know how many times it can be said. U are not guaranteed a win just because you have more possession, shots on target, pass accuraracy and whatever other stat u can think of. Put the ball in ur opponents net. By luck or by skill.

United got 2 goals in the final 5 mins after playing garbage for the whole game.
  • truegunn3r
    8619 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    It happens because of the AI defence. The more you keep the ball and try to break your opponents defence down the more your defenders will push up the pitch. Your fullbacks will become wingers and your CDM’s will disappear somewhere. Your opponent will just wait for that lucky moment when the AI autoblocks to allow him to do a long diagonal pass to Mbappe.

The only way to survive from this is to play with a fast build up. If you put a fast attack it will not give your defenders time to react and push up the pitch as much. Abit more difficult but try again and again until you get the goal. Once you get the goal, then you can play your style around the centre circle and this time you can force your opponent to manually tackle you as you’ll have the initiative because you are leading.