Banned for the second time for flipping icons (Update:Unbanned)

OPanait
9 posts Ball Boy
edited November 2018
Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with the unpleasant surprise to see that my account was banned from transfer market for coin distribution (receiving). I am extremely disappointed as this is my second account banned by EA this year.

The account was founded in early October, I have over 150 games played and every day I am flipping icons. My account balance constantly grows by 50k-150k every day, simply by trading icons.

I’ve opened a case on their website and filed a BBB complain, but this situation is ridiculous. I refuse to buy FIFA points to get my ultimate team, so trading icons is my go-to method. This is simply unacceptable.

I will keep you guys posted with my complaints, as I know there are thousands of other persons unfairly banned by EA.
Post edited by OPanait on

Comments

• Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA are an awful, awful company and deserving of their title. How are they allowed to get away with this type of treatment of users/customers?

Good luck pal, hope you get things sorted.

Horrible company!!!
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry to hear that, there are also thousands of users like my friend that gets away with coin buying.
  • Thefranchise92
    6163 posts Big Money Move
    OPanait wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Woke up this morning with the unpleasant surprise to see that my account was banned from transfer market for coin distribution (receiving). I am extremely disappointed as this is my second account banned by EA this year.

The account was founded in early October, I have over 150 games played and every day I am flipping icons. My account balance constantly grows by 50k-150k every day, simply by trading icons.

I’ve opened a case on their website and filed a BBB complain, but this situation is ridiculous. I refuse to buy FIFA points to get my ultimate team, so trading icons is my go-to method. This is simply unacceptable.

I will keep you guys posted with my complaints, as I know there are thousands of other persons unfairly banned by EA.

Unlucky but the 2nd tie is your fault once I knew how they were
  • liuus86
    899 posts Professional
    did u flip them using the webapp?
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fabio1 wrote: »
    just play the game - all you traders just need to get lost !! find another game !!! the market is so poor because of you idiots

mmmmmm...ok, so that gives EA the right to ban someone’s account for trading does it?

Trading has always been part of the game and a great way to build up your coins and not having to part with any real cash. I’m stating the obvious here because you already know this.

Have you never traded players etc?

Honest guys and girls having their accounts banned for trading up is ridiculous!

EA need to go after these ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who are advertising cheap/fast and reliable coins on their YouTube videos. Well known names in the community who don’t even mask their identites and are allowed carry on without any problems! Why is this? Some of them are even the so called “game changers”.

No, EA will just ban random accounts they suspect without even doing the basic checks.

• @Fabio1
    Why? I’d love to hear this explanation.
    Also you know ‘banning traders’ would mean you couldn’t sell (trade) anything you ever packed. So are you saying you want everyone to be doing a first owner RTG or are you wanting to sell your packed cards when get something good?
    I’m willing to bet it’s the latter so what you’re actually saying is you want to be able to trade your cards but others can’t in case it ‘effects me’ ... what you going to tell me next? That you’re ‘offended’? Grow up!
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro

I just received the companion and web app ban today for the first time for absolutely nothing, just flipping cards and basic trading, how did you get it resolved?
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm always a bit skeptical of these posts. Doesn't make sense to me that EA would ban people with no evidence for simply trading effectively.

They are making the assertion that someone broke TOS. So they must have the evidence of this surely.

I'm all for them banning coin buyers/sellers though.
  • Neckabob
    14224 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    just play the game - all you traders just need to get lost !! find another game !!! the market is so poor because of you idiots
    Holy **** U must be dumb

well looks like the dumbass got himself banned and its certainly not me

My friend, no need to be so aggressive. To answer your question I’m not price fixing icons or manipulate the market, I have a budget of only 2.5mln. I am simply buying and selling icons and I always sell the cheapest on the market.

I realize that with all the coin buying activity is very hard to distinguish honest persons from cheaters, but this situation is getting out of control.

Luckily I am able to play rivals and WL, as the ban is applied only on transfer market, but I feel cheated and fooled by this company.

Hopefully the BBB complain will speed things up.

Now tell us the story of how in the first place you managed to buy your first icon. Really wanna know that.

Bro if you dont have atleast 700k-800kby now by playing rivals and WL its your fault. I could by one or 2 icons now too lol whats that for a question
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    Every post I’ve seen where the person has gone through the BBB complaint procedure has got their account back, so you should be alright mate
  • VARD67876
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    If it was your only and first account then maybe people might believe you, EA are not the brightest. but how do you get two accounts banned in 2 months without seriously throwing up red flags.

you can't blame people for not being the most trusting, just scroll thru the inform players for 5 minutes to see how many people are obviously transfering coins.
  • VARD67876 wrote: »
    If it was your only and first account then maybe people might believe you, EA are not the brightest. but how do you get two accounts banned in 2 months without seriously throwing up red flags.

you can't blame people for not being the most trusting, just scroll thru the inform players for 5 minutes to see how many people are obviously transfering coins.

My first account was also unfairly banned after I sniped icons during Early Access. I sold an extinct icon for almost its max range so, most likely, that trade got me the unfair ban. Opened a case at EA (no BBB complaint), which was closed after 2 weeks without any real investigations.

Bought another FIFA account, used the same trading method, and sold my icons the cheapest on the market..and I also received a ban.

If they investigate my account they will see the same pattern: buy icons around 600k-700k and sell them the cheapest on the market. So, this is ban-worthy, but bids of 200k on 78 informs is not.

I’m not expecting anyone to relate to me, or believe me, I made my complaints at EA and BBB, just wanted to share this to encourage other persons that were unfairly banned to do the same thing.

Thanks
  • KetBreezyX
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    VARD67876 wrote: »

My first account was also unfairly banned after I sniped icons during Early Access. I sold an extinct icon for almost its max range so, most likely, that trade got me the unfair ban. Opened a case at EA (no BBB complaint), which was closed after 2 weeks without any real investigations.

Bought another FIFA account, used the same trading method, and sold my icons the cheapest on the market..and I also received a ban.

If they investigate my account they will see the same pattern: buy icons around 600k-700k and sell them the cheapest on the market. So, this is ban-worthy, but bids of 200k on 78 informs is not.

I’m not expecting anyone to relate to me, or believe me, I made my complaints at EA and BBB, just wanted to share this to encourage other persons that were unfairly banned to do the same thing.

Thanks

• KetBreezyX wrote: »

Thanks

Yes, bought a new CD-key, I’m on Origin.
  • CaptainDan-
    1887 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noo wrote: »
    I'm always a bit skeptical of these posts. Doesn't make sense to me that EA would ban people with no evidence for simply trading effectively.

They are making the assertion that someone broke TOS. So they must have the evidence of this surely.

I wouldn't be so skeptical mate. I got banned from web app last year because I failed a captcha, misclicked it on my phone. When I opened a case they said that was proof enough I was a bot. I think what EA defines as proof is rediculous.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    You achieved icons in two accounts in the space of a month?
  • KetBreezyX
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    KetBreezyX wrote: »

Thanks

Yes, bought a new CD-key, I’m on Origin.

Oh, fair play. Ignore my suggestive comment than lol.
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner

Thanks

Sounds like you got banned for spamming searches, search too much within a time period results in a ban
  • Fabio1
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the guy has been buying coins its quite clear

"My first account was also unfairly banned after I sniped icons during Early Access. I sold an extinct icon for almost its max range so, most likely, that trade got me the unfair ban."
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    The number of people who say they are trade kings that buy no fifa points yet are able to trade to millions ridiculous.

Yes it is possible, if you have no life what so ever or have incredible pack luck, but again the number of people who claim to get great packs pulls to "get them started" is disproportionately high.

I call BS on most of these claims. It's like 1000 people saying they won the jackpot at the lottery. It's nonsense.

Coin buyers and bots get banned. Great! Keep it up EA!
  • forearms
    5753 posts Big Money Move
    @aslowpotato will help you out. Hes been through this before.
  • Neckabob
    14224 posts Has That Special Something
    The number of people who say they are trade kings that buy no fifa points yet are able to trade to millions ridiculous.

Yes it is possible, if you have no life what so ever or have incredible pack luck, but again the number of people who claim to get great packs pulls to "get them started" is disproportionately high.

I call BS on most of these claims. It's like 1000 people saying they won the jackpot at the lottery. It's nonsense.

Lol "if you have no life" :D if you understand how the market and supply and demand work you would know how easy it is to make coins
  • ASlowPotato
    1017 posts Professional
    forearms wrote: »
    @aslowpotato will help you out. Hes been through this before.

Dunno what to say apart from complaint to BBB seems to work. I just kept complaining until it was dealt with.

I gotta admit though, it's fishy. Icons are 800k MINIMUM on PC right now (I'm a PC player) and you just got a second account and had enough to trade icons within a week or two? Surely not?
  • Safk001
    960 posts Professional
    Did you make a mistake in your original post, I think when you wrote “flipping icons” you meant “buying coins”.

Hardly anyone gets an unjustifiable ban. I’ve seen these post a thousand times on here, they usually turn into conversations about coin selling sites and how they work, which you all seem to have an in depth knowledge of.

If you didn’t learn your lesson the first time then you only have yourself to blame.

BTW: EA likes you lot trading, it keeps the value of players high. No way can you make any money of Icons (on a regular basis) at this moment in time, too little supply to high demand.
  • Idek
    17516 posts World Class
    Neckabob wrote: »

Lol "if you have no life" :D if you understand how the market and supply and demand work you would know how easy it is to make coins

People who have no clue about how to trade always bring up "you have no life or you buy coins"
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    Dude i used to feel the exact same way but i then realized its the only true way to get the squad you want. Ea gives little when you give a lot. Only way to take matters into your own hands is by playing the market a bit. You can whine while the traders will have cr7 and r9 up front.

Ive been there man but i’ll tell ya its a lot more fun with the r9 and cr7 teams lol. Plus this game is trash atm so really its like trying to build a team for when they make it half playable *fingers crossed*
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Re-opening this. Lets keep the accusations and insults to ourselves.

If you've been suspended or banned or had any other action taken on your account, please check out this link - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/
  • truegunn3r
    12598 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Probably EA don’t want people trying to routinely make coins through trading. There are people out there who play the game less and constantly sit on the market for hours and just mass bid. Yes it requires skill and effort to trade but I see where EA are coming from.

If Coca-Cola can make it illegal for shopkeepers to separately sell cans which were bought as multipacks from supermarkets (clearly says on the cans do not sell separately) because they are defeating the objective which is that the product was targeted to genuine customers (consumers) and not for traders.

I remember when I used to work in the mobile phone trade years ago, retailers weren’t allowed to sell more than 2 PAYG handsets (those that were discounted when bought with top-up) to customers because they wanted to only target consumers to buy it and not traders.

There should be no different on a virtual market as long as EA are trying to target their products to normal customers and not traders. Personally, I’m quite happy they are doing this (no desrespect to you) because it’ll keep the market prices stable.
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Did you make a mistake in your original post, I think when you wrote “flipping icons” you meant “buying coins”.

Hardly anyone gets an unjustifiable ban. I’ve seen these post a thousand times on here, they usually turn into conversations about coin selling sites and how they work, which you all seem to have an in depth knowledge of.

If you didn’t learn your lesson the first time then you only have yourself to blame.

BTW: EA likes you lot trading, it keeps the value of players high. No way can you make any money of Icons (on a regular basis) at this moment in time, too little supply to high demand.

I trust somebody if they tell me that they have wrongfullly been banned. I use a different methode to trade but the icon part i can understand. And i also understand that buying and selling coins is illegale and should should get you a ban.. but those coins need to come from somewhere.? Did somebody( doesn’t matter who) pay for them by buying FP? Where do these coins go to? Does EA just take those coins... if so dont those coins represent a value in money..
    I think EA needs a 3rt party who examens these accusations and who isnt bias. Right now EA doesn’t handle their complains and/or deals fairly in these situations.
  • SPACIALIST09
    1002 posts Professional

I wouldn't be so skeptical mate. I got banned from web app last year because I failed a captcha, misclicked it on my phone. When I opened a case they said that was proof enough I was a bot. I think what EA defines as proof is rediculous.

Yea man, I femember two weeks ago I couldnt sell my non rates/lower rares so i put em up for max bin and lowest starting bid. I got a captcha and almost misread it. If I failed it I woukd have been banned for trying to get rid of my duplicates lol