What makes 41212(2) so good?

Menloh
301 posts Sunday League Hero
I hate playing with it because everyone does. But it seems it is by far the most effective formation for creating chances.

Its the first fifa i have tried 41212(2) but now I know why everyone uses it.

I would like to play a 433 but cant seem to get it working. See below my current team.

Maybe 4321?

0-EC99993-C2-EB-4872-9-F18-6-C4-A0-DA3-F436.png

Comments

• Lewis9UTx
    817 posts Professional
    It's got a bit of everything, and it counters a lot of formations.
  • Seandimes
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    the striker cam triangle is difficult to defend

good at creating chances and counterattacking, while also being solid enough in defense

Doesnt need a stacked team to work

Switched to it a couple of weeks ago. Have always been a 4231/433 player, but this FIFA I feel I need a formation where I constantly create chances. With the 4231, I didnt score as much, and too often lost or drew matches through conceding from corners or other stuff thats hard to defend.

With 41212(2), I concede the same goals, but score double than what I did in 4231
  • pudgyfudgy
    5369 posts Big Money Move
    Creates a boatload of chances, especially when your fullbacks overlap. Then just get them to stay back when you want to shut up shop and defend the lead. Hard to go wrong with this formation.
  • Menloh
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I guess it’s the way to go this fifa.
  • Notformeclive
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    The main reason is this game isn't very good, It's essentially pinball in an expensive suit.
    Like pinball the closer the bumpers (in this instance the players) are together the faster you can ping it about.

In proper football you can't just smash about blind first time passes to unmarked strikers and have to work spaces by moving the ball about, usually by the use of width.
    If you have two strikers in this game you have the easy option of just smashing to one striker and playing a blind, first time layoff to the other striker (usually followed by an attempted first time finesse shot).
    Evidently defenders don't bother with marking in Canada.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    I keep trying to like the 4231 formation but end up switching to 41212 since I create way more chances and it feels just as solid defensively. There just seems to be loads more attacking options in this formation, especially when you have your fullbacks on balanced/overlap as they provide a great outlet.
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The main reason is this game isn't very good, It's essentially pinball in an expensive suit.
    Like pinball the closer the bumpers (in this instance the players) are together the faster you can ping it about.

In proper football you can't just smash about blind first time passes to unmarked strikers and have to work spaces by moving the ball about, usually by the use of width.
    If you have two strikers in this game you have the easy option of just smashing to one striker and playing a blind, first time layoff to the other striker (usually followed by an attempted first time finesse shot).
    Evidently defenders don't bother with marking in Canada.

Spot on. Somehow every defender in this game can smash first touch no look passes 60 yards, but they cant mark any of the 3 attackers standing still waiting for the ball.

• Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    It’s the worst and most boring formation there is I love playing against it majority of time as most play 7 stay back pass to cam pass to st pass to other st through ball repeat for entire game
    With no plan b I just keep the ball wide which results in a lot of rage quits when I go in front
    When it played with full back going forward it’s a lot more effective but it’s very rare people even use them to overlap
  • RadioShaq
    14898 posts Moderator
    I know crossing is better this year but I still think scoring from that or the wings is harder than going down the middle like in 41212. A wide formation can sometime help unclog the middle but your still more likely going to score from the middle even in a wide formation.