Atmosphere!!!

Eddie
786 posts Semi-Pro
It’s 2019...the hardware is pretty good (for a console), the game has been around for decades...

Why can’t the game recognise big moments in big matches and have the crowd react accordingly!?

Scored a last-minute of extra time winner, in an FA cup SF and the crowd cheered as though I’d won a corner! It’s absolute garbage! Ruins the immersion and just leaves you shaking your head.

I remember EA bragging about the crowd reacting to big moments as a feature circa fifa 13. I’m sick of new releases going backwards for no reason.

Can this be fed back please @EA_Andy?

Comments

• MacDaddy
    731 posts Semi-Pro
    The game is being neglected lol
  • Howler19
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    Clearly one of FIFA's biggest issues. The crowds are terrible. The goal reactions are just the simplest of things they should improve pretty easily.

It would also be nice if they could work on the sizes of the crowds. Every game shouldn't be a sell-out for every club. They should find a way to make attendance dynamic so that less important games will have empty seats for most teams. Obviously some clubs have full houses every game no matter what, but most of them don't. In the same way they could have varying degrees of away support depending on the away team.
  • Eddie
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Howler19 wrote: »
    Clearly one of FIFA's biggest issues. The crowds are terrible. The goal reactions are just the simplest of things they should improve pretty easily.

It would also be nice if they could work on the sizes of the crowds. Every game shouldn't be a sell-out for every club. They should find a way to make attendance dynamic so that less important games will have empty seats for most teams. Obviously some clubs have full houses every game no matter what, but most of them don't. In the same way they could have varying degrees of away support depending on the away team.

I have noticed empty seats during some games. However it’s not implemented properly and I wouldn’t trust them to try to. You’d end up with empty seats during a big derby match.

Play Brighton away...there always seems to be empty seats regardless of the opposition.

The crowd reactions are worse than they’ve ever been.
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    Amen to dynamic crowds.
    No idea what the lads in the sound department are doing also.
  • Eddie
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    LordBob wrote: »
    Amen to dynamic crowds.
    No idea what the lads in the sound department are doing also.

It’s the visual reactions too. They’ll [the crowd] go nuts when you put your 4th past Huddersfield in a 4-0 win...last minute winners v top PL sides & they’ll just stand there and clap, coupled with a brief, muted cheer it makes for an absolutely woeful experience.
  • Solja
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed last minute goals just seem like a dead atmosphere can get more noise in a cemetery