Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Roobar
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GL wrote: »
    Roobar wrote: »
    Do people think there is a 400k difference between 87 and 89 Socrates? Trying to think which to pick up. How does he compare to 89 dinho if anybody has used both?

I don't think there's enough of a difference to justify the difference in cost. However, there are people on here who think the upgrade is noticeable and worth paying for.

I think there's a noticeable difference. He feels a lot smoother and has better workrates too

Didn't even notice work rates. I tried 87 and only gripe was balance, much difference on 89?
  • LukakuMUFC
    1984 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can you imagine missing this deal???
  • Roobar
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Roobar wrote: »
    Do people think there is a 400k difference between 87 and 89 Socrates? Trying to think which to pick up. How does he compare to 89 dinho if anybody has used both?

I don't think there's enough of a difference to justify the difference in cost. However, there are people on here who think the upgrade is noticeable and worth paying for.

Yeah seen a lot of split opinions too
  • Snadeau
    1052 posts Professional
    Reus wrote: »
    Allan and matuidi are both better than all the icon mids iv tried lampard/veron/Makekele etc etc

Only one better was 88 lothar

Thought matuidi was trash
  • Reus
    22034 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2018
    Blarix wrote: »
    Allan and matuidi are both better than all the icon mids iv tried lampard/veron/Makekele etc etc

:joy:

Wait...you serious? :neutral:

Yes

Lampard, ballack and veron were all clunky as hell

Makekele was good but felt the same as matuidi for 100 times the price

Lothar was excellent but you have to buy cm desailly to use him really

As someone who doesn't shoot from range much they just aren't worth it
  • selb
    5147 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    Guys

I'm playing a 4231 wide, I'm in need of a box to box second CDM for 1.3 mil, any Icons that fit the bill?

You got any ideas for me then @Blarix?
  • Reus
    22034 posts Club Captain
    Snadeau wrote: »

Thought matuidi was trash

He's an animal for me

Him and Allan make so many tackles and interceptions
  • Cloudio7
    1197 posts Professional
    Matuidi is an absolute tank this year. On the same level of 85 Seedorf and surely better than any Makelele.
  • holdenwait
    52904 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Cbfitness wrote: »
    Is it more important to have a solid defence or an amazing attack this year? Aka, get 88 viera and petit or get Ronaldinho? Prime

always attack
  • holdenwait
    52904 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    Matuidi is an absolute tank this year. On the same level of 85 Seedorf and surely better than any Makelele.

agreed, he is sensational
  • Kieren1888
    1677 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sold my larsson and done the prime Sbc, 300k extra towards my team now!
  • Daveofwales01
    7831 posts League Winner
    Scutch wrote: »
    Nen wrote: »
    @Scutch Ping it backpost for him from a corner. If the ball doesnt go in, generally half of the players in the box are going to be on the floor from him launching at it. Its brilliant, especially when people throw everyone at near post to stop that.

I bought him after I faced him in WL mate, and every single corner or freekick I noticed my opponent was highlighting Fellaini for the ball in, like you said. I couldn't get anywhere near him! In the midfield he was battling for everything. I'm hearing his 90+ stats won't reduce either. Ridiculous.

They will switch to other stats throughout the year, sometimes one and sometimes both will change

That could be another month or two away though mate, and the 90 pace and passing stays on that until then.

Oh yea no doubt, just meant as info in the long run in case you didn't know.

Yeah had to look it up before I bought him, mate :)

Good stuff, gonna give him a go myself too soon, cheers for the review, made my mind up.

No brainer at that price with those stats, even if it's just for another month they'll change again anyway and he'll still be OP as a CDM.

Jeez you weren't wrong on fellaini so far, 4 games 4 wins in WL, he's everywhere and he's strong as hell
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Guys

I'm playing a 4231 wide, I'm in need of a box to box second CDM for 1.3 mil, any Icons that fit the bill?

Veron prime.
  • selb
    Guys

Veron prime.

Yeah i was thinking about Prime Veron, he looks great, he's big, strong, great passing and great long shots, pretty much what I want from my second CDM.

You used him @Blarix?
  • selb
    Also guys, I've heard it said numerous times around here but how good is Pogba? Looking to play him at CAM, thoughts?
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Guys

Veron prime.

Yeah i was thinking about Prime Veron, he looks great, he's big, strong, great passing and great long shots, pretty much what I want from my second CDM.

You used him @Blarix?

No, used his 88 version and was very good for me. I was thinking about buying him as well.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    LukakuMUFC wrote: »
    Can you imagine missing this deal???

Happens every year . Last year missed out on r94 for 900k when he was going for 7 mill. I rather never see it than miss it like that.
  • selb
    Guys

Veron prime.

You used him @Blarix?

No, used his 88 version and was very good for me. I was thinking about buying him as well.

Thanks dude. Any thoughts on Pogba? I know you used him for awhile
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Guys

Veron prime.

You used him @Blarix?

Amazing. Bit clunky but the boy is good.
  • DougInskip
    5910 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone used Prime Rijkaard or Prime Matthaus? Hated 88 Seedorf
  • ColeWorld
    9492 posts League Winner
    Middle Gerrard is good but not worth that much. rather buy pogba and get best. baby or middle version?
  • Scutch
    9333 posts League Winner
    DougInskip wrote: »

I’ve used 88 and 85 Seedorf and they were both terrible.
  • selb
    Guys

Veron prime.

You used him @Blarix?

You reckon he'd be any good at CAM? Clunkiness doesn't really bother me too much, I've been using SMS at CAM and find he's actually pretty good
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Guys

Veron prime.

You used him @Blarix?

You reckon he'd be any good at CAM? Clunkiness doesn't really bother me too much, I've been using SMS at CAM and find he's actually pretty good

Used him at cm but his work rates are for CAM so im sure he'll be good.

If you can get Veron and pogba i would go for that.
  • DougInskip

Mad how the 88 with those stats can be so bad, one of the cards I most looking forward to use aswell! Kondogbia blows him off the field
  • Muzza11
    7469 posts League Winner

Agreed, he was not worth it.
  • maymanpele
    14042 posts Has That Special Something

Prime rijkaard is great at cdm. His passing makes starting an attack so easy, and he always gets in the opponents face.
  • DougInskip
    @maymanpele cheers man
  • DougInskip
    @GL dear lord