Kurt banned from competitive gaming.

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20098 posts Club Captain
    Didn’t some guy wish cancer on someone and still got to compete
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    Not a chance in hell he doesn't realise that word is offensive. Not a chance.
  • LukakuMUFC
    1984 posts Fans' Favourite
    No i didn't watch the video but theres streamers who are out there and pro players who wish cancer etc on people and they haven't even had a message or a telling off. Its pathetic doesn't happen anywhere else.
  • Smudge
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Didn’t some guy wish cancer on someone and still got to compete

NRaseck. Probably got a ban coming his way
  • BWild
    3128 posts National Call-Up
    LukakuMUFC wrote: »
    No i didn't watch the video but theres streamers who are out there and pro players who wish cancer etc on people and they haven't even had a message or a telling off. Its pathetic doesn't happen anywhere else.

Lol.
  • Azof
    16047 posts World Class

feeding the narrative that EA are the bad guys in the situation without even watching the video....
  • LukakuMUFC
    Honest to god are you kidding me :joy: :joy: :joy: he got banned for using that a harmless word to a virtual card :joy: am so done looool
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    Honest to god are you kidding me :joy: :joy: :joy: he got banned for using that a harmless word to a virtual card :joy: am so done looool

Harmless to you
  • Cadey 5
    10366 posts Has That Special Something
    I can’t believe it was stupid enough to upload the video with it in but I don’t think he should be banned for it.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite

It isn't harmless.
  • Keano
    12171 posts Has That Special Something

Harmless to you

Context of how he meant it, he wasn't coming out & saying it to a person who is actually of that meaning, he was saying it in frustration, i'm sure we all use words like these, maybe not that one... but we use others. If you take things out of context & get offended, then you're apart of the problem with this we can't say anything else we'll offend someone. If the person is meaning got offend people sure, but if he's not directing it at you, then no issues.

As I've said, if someone changes the context of it to get offended, that's on them & their view of things. Else we should just never voice our opinions incase of offending anyone.
  • DOMinant
    1440 posts Play-Off Hero
    Most people would be reprimanded by their companies if they went on live television and called someone that, no different here where he’s representing the company. Justified!
  • LukakuMUFC
    You hear worse words like that if you go outside for a week. Absolutely embarrassing. Used to hear that word everyday in schools even worse than that is used?
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    It doesn’t matter whether he meant it or not, if you discriminate like that in a public video, there is going to be a backlash. What about if the word was racist? Everyone would understand.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Almost everyone uses words like that. But he shouldnt use it in his videos/streams. Bit stupid of him
  • Azof
    16047 posts World Class
    You hear worse words like that if you go outside for a week. Absolutely embarrassing. Used to hear that word everyday in schools even worse than that is used?

A word being used frequently doesnt make it acceptable

He was representing EA by being a pro player, they have no choice but to suspend him for that
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Problem is that he should have been very careful with everything he uploads. He was in support of Kurt and even started to rant on his Twitter so you know EA would have looked for every opportunity to catch him out and he just gave them the fuel. Why would you not check the video through before uploading it to be safe.

Honestly people lack some common sense.
  • Sercs
    18582 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAAGAHAHAHAHAHA. EA THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN

1:30 in and dont believe a word he says, you dont get to that age without knowing the word is homophobic

This 100%, he’s completely lying and knows exactly what that word means at his age. Even suggests it’s some kind of mainland European language rather than known in the UK.

Deserves the ban
  • ccooaattssyy
    6410 posts Big Money Move
    **** poor defence from him tbh
  • LukakuMUFC

He was representing EA by being a pro player, they have no choice but to suspend him for that

They should get warnings then or have to apologize before they are banned. Being banned instantly would demotiavte you from ever playing the game ever again especially with the fact that theres other players who are qualified constantly abusing opponents they lose to etc...
  • Azof
    16047 posts World Class

They should get warnings then or have to apologize before they are banned. Being banned instantly would demotiavte you from ever playing the game ever again especially with the fact that theres other players who are qualified constantly abusing opponents they lose to etc...

Giving a private warning is a bad PR move, just makes them look like they dont care.

What others do or have done isnt relevant in his case though, they all need to be judged individually
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect

I think you are missing the bigger picture. Sending an in-game message where only the two people can see it is different to sending out a YouTube video to 200,000 people.
  • Keano
    12171 posts Has That Special Something
    LazyFIFA wrote: »

I think you are missing the bigger picture. Sending an in-game message where only the two people can see it is different to sending out a YouTube video to 200,000 people.

Both have the same meaning, it just means that one didn't use common sense & sent it to more people, the result should be the same, as they're saying the same thing.
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    Ok, I don't really like Tass, and it wasn't clever from him to upload the video with the censored word, but god, this SJW world is starting to freak me out, everyone gets offended of everything, he didn't hurt anyone by naming a stupid card in a video game, this is pathetic.
  • Azof
    16047 posts World Class
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Ok, I don't really like Tass, and it wasn't clever from him to upload the video with the censored word, but god, this SJW world is starting to freak me out, everyone gets offended of everything, he didn't hurt anyone by naming a stupid card in a video game, this is pathetic.

you are not offended doesnt = everyone isnt offended
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    DutyHarry wrote: »

Anyone that uses SJW world in an argument immediately loses
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    It's okay to say that word in London ?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Not this again :joy:
  • LukakuMUFC
    MisterJV wrote: »

illegal to use mean words in UK
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    MisterJV wrote: »

Tass has obviously never left the house or his bubble if he doesn't realise the word is offensive
This discussion has been closed.