Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5046 posts Big Money Move
    Man U fans would rather talk about Salah than their very own 500k a week bargain they picked up from North London.

For example, no one latched onto this, but the moment I said something, boom :D
  • SDoofus
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Also, I remember United fans constantly saying that he was having a purple patch and would slow down around Christmas time but he only got better and better. Hoping someone turns poor doesn’t make it happen, I’m afraid. I have full confidence that Salah will follow the same trend as last season. Starting steadily and then finishing extremely strong.

Honestly we need them to start hitting their stride in the attack because City seem to be paying off other teams to roll over.

Whilst winning the League is the dream, it's always been an unrealistic notion, what with this generational Man City era and their money (and cheating). To be where we are currently is absolutely immense, and I am genuinely curious to see how long we can stay on their coattails. United had a fantastic start last season, but by this stage (11 games in), they had already fallen EIGHT points behind City lol, whereas we are only TWO points behind them, having had a tougher run of games too...

United first 11 games last season:

West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, Stoke, Everton, Southampton, Palace, Liverpool, Huddersfield, Spurs, Chelsea.

Liverpool first 11 games this season:

West Ham, Palace, Brighton, Leicester, Spurs, Southampton, Chelsea, City, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Arsenal.

And this was a perfectly innocent assessment of how we are doing this season, but of course, an angry United fan gets mad because I dared to compare our start to their start last season, even though it was a completely acceptable comparison in this instance.
  • Apollo
    14912 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    Really do get the impression that if no one else posted in here, you'd still somehow find a way to have an argument with yourself. :D
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    Apollo wrote: »
    Really do get the impression that if no one else posted in here, you'd still somehow find a way to have an argument with yourself. :D

Unfortunately for you, activity around here spikes when I am around. When I was on holiday I checked in a few times and it was dead :D
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Yeah, all they're doing is trying to distract from what a heap of steaming **** their Club is right now.

They'd all give their left testicle to be where we are right now.

3rd? We were better than that last season mate.

2 points behind City and still in the title race is what I'm getting at.

You telling me you'd prefer your previous season, to where we are currently?

“Why not wait until the season is over before arguing that, then?” - @SDoofus earlier today

You're not making any sense.

It's a simple question. Would you prefer to be where we are right now aka United are 3rd, just 2 points behind City having played 11 games, or would you prefer where you were last season, which was 2nd, but 8 points behind City after 11 games?

You need to develop some sense of consistency. Do you want to judge things now or at the end of the season?

You want us to wait on verdicts on Salah but want to compare league positions now. Pick one standard.

But to answer your question, I've predicted you to win the league this season and Mourinho is a parasite so you know my opinion.
  • SDoofus
    Yeah, all they're doing is trying to distract from what a heap of steaming **** their Club is right now.

“Why not wait until the season is over before arguing that, then?” - @SDoofus earlier today

It's a simple question. Would you prefer to be where we are right now aka United are 3rd, just 2 points behind City having played 11 games, or would you prefer where you were last season, which was 2nd, but 8 points behind City after 11 games?

You need to develop some sense of consistency. Do you want to judge things now or at the end of the season?

You want us to wait on verdicts on Salah but want to compare league positions now. Pick one standard.

But to answer your question, I've predicted you to win the league this season and Mourinho is a parasite so you know my opinion.

I am consistent.

I compare Salah now to Salah this time last season. I compare Salah now to Hazard now. The only reason I said to wait until the end of the season before calling Salah a one season wonder is because it's literally impossible to come to that conclusion at this stage. You can predict that he will be, that's fine, but that's not what's happening. People are concluding he's a one season wonder already.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero

What part of the season hasn't ended is so difficult for you to understand? It's preferable to be where we are but no need to gloat about it and become what we hate (man Utd fans). It's not even mid season.
  • SDoofus
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »

What part of the season hasn't ended is so difficult for you to understand? It's preferable to be where we are but no need to gloat about it and become what we hate (man Utd fans). It's not even mid season.

Except I wasn’t even gloating. If you go back to the actual post where I first compared our first 11 games to United’s last season, you’d see it was based on being City’s title challengers and was just an assessment of how well we are actually doing considering United are widely known to have started well last season and we’ve bettered it.
  • SDoofus
    The whole post was obviously about how I was interested to see how long we could keep up with City ffs :D
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    flhd0u4enjw11.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=696afcd48cc0ae4527fbab1d391d36108ccb7472

We are 4 points better off than the same fixtures last season, and 8 points better off than this time last season.
  • AEsey
    5997 posts Big Money Move
    I always thought that being a one season wonder was being a player who has one good/great season, but is absolutely irrelevent/rubbish for the rest of them? Like a Michu, or a Charlie Adam? I don't think being really good for several seasons, and then exceptional for one can be classed as being a one season wonder. Is Drogba a one season wonder? Considering he scored 29 goals one season (2009/10), but other than that, his tallies for Chelsea were 10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 11, 5. It's such a flawed, and incorrect view of what a one season wonder is.

As for saying that Salah at least needs to better last season to ensure he's not a one season wonder, lmao, so he needs to break the Premier League scoring record again? What kind of **** up logic is that? It's like you're setting the bar way too high on purpose so that you can trot out the OnE sEaSoN wOnDeR line to make yourself feel better.

Facts are, Hazard, who everyone is saying is the best player in the PL this season, has scored/assisted 12 goals this season, and Salah, who you lot are trying to call a one season wonder, has scored/assisted 10. A grand total of 2 goals/assists difference between two players who seem to have such a stark difference in narrative this season.

It's embarrassing, and desperate, tbh. Salah is obviously going to shut you all up, again.
    This tbh. @SDoofus is spot on.
    I think it's very difficult for salah to get to those numbers again this season.
    But having said that his numbers this season are good and hes certainly not a one season wonder.
    I'd quite like sanchez to just have one game like salah has had recently where he gets a couple of goals but I think that's hoping for too much :D :D
  • Kman
    2914 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s not even discussion or banter at this point...just pointless nothings
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    Predicted team and result for tonight?

I'm gonna go for 3-0 to us and:
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Milner
    Fabinho
    Robertson - Van Dijk - Lovren - Gomez
    Alisson

Edit: Actually, I think Klopp might try and give TAA an "easy" game to try and get him back into form, so TAA RB. Not sure if Gomez or Lovren at CB.

I really want to see Keita get some minutes.
    Post edited by SDoofus on
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14394 posts Has That Special Something

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Milner
    Fabinho
    Alisson

Edit: Actually, I think Klopp might try and give TAA an "easy" game to try and get him back into form, so TAA RB. Not sure if Gomez or Lovren at CB.

We need the win.
  • SDoofus

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Milner
    Fabinho
    Alisson

DrVWk2tVAAAjYJX.jpg

Not the best prediction.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17220 posts World Class
    Happy with that. Hope Sturridge can get a goal or 2
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    Would’ve liked Fabinho to get some more time against these :/

• LFC Simon 98
    17220 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »

He’s not going to gain much playing against these lot most likely
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    Pxul_ wrote: »

He’s not going to gain much playing against these lot most likely

Fair enough, hope lallana does tho
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    How did sturridge miss that?
  • LFC Simon 98
    17220 posts World Class
    Lol
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Milner
    Fabinho
    Alisson

Ooohhhhhhh... about that 3-0 :joy:
  • finsfan85
    12396 posts Has That Special Something
    German Messi > Egyptian Messi
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    :joy:
    :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    Wowzers. That was some goal!
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Remember when you lot said Alisson was better than De Gea!?
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    Jesus
  • LFC Simon 98
    17220 posts World Class
    Fair play to them. Been great at stopping us and taking their chances
  • finsfan85
    12396 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    Remember when you lot said Alisson was better than De Gea!?

Not even better than Butland :joy:
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner
    Players taught we would have an easy one tonight. Ffs