Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5059 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Back to Liverpool:

Very pleased with our season so far. I doubt any of us expected to start as good as this. I think I saw that this is our best points total after 11 PL games, ever? That’s incredible.

W8 D3 L0 (27 points)

Even our 2008/9 side had lost a game by this point and were consequently on 26 points.

On top of this, we’ve played City at home and Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal away already.

Now, finally, after 11 games, we have a run of games that don’t involve the “big 6”, who, in that time, have a few games against each other.

Fulham home
    Watford away
    Everton home
    Burnley away
    Bournemouth away

Great position to be in.

Just to add to this, during those 5 fixtures, the following 5 games also take place:

Man City vs Man United
    Spurs vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Man United vs Arsenal
    Chelsea vs Man City

I am extremely intrigued to see how the table looks after the next 5 games.
  • Sercs
    18654 posts World Class
    Back to Liverpool:

Very pleased with our season so far. I doubt any of us expected to start as good as this. I think I saw that this is our best points total after 11 PL games, ever? That’s incredible.

W8 D3 L0 (27 points)

Even our 2008/9 side had lost a game by this point and were consequently on 26 points.

On top of this, we’ve played City at home and Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal away already.

Now, finally, after 11 games, we have a run of games that don’t involve the “big 6”, who, in that time, have a few games against each other.

Fulham home
    Watford away
    Everton home
    Burnley away
    Bournemouth away

Great position to be in.

Just to add to this, during those 5 fixtures, the following 5 games also take place:

Man City vs Man United
    Spurs vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Man United vs Arsenal
    Chelsea vs Man City

We really need United to do us a favour next weekend. City just aren’t dropping any points against smaller sides
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    Sercs wrote: »
    Back to Liverpool:

W8 D3 L0 (27 points)

Fulham home
    Watford away
    Everton home
    Burnley away
    Bournemouth away

Great position to be in.

Man City vs Man United
    Spurs vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Man United vs Arsenal
    Chelsea vs Man City

We really need United to do us a favour next weekend. City just aren’t dropping any points against smaller sides

Chelsea vs Man City is gonna be a great one.

Hopefully we smash Fulham at Anfield next weekend to get the ball rolling for our next few.
  • tilen11
    5050 posts Big Money Move
    Back to Liverpool:

W8 D3 L0 (27 points)

Fulham home
    Watford away
    Everton home
    Burnley away
    Bournemouth away

Great position to be in.

Man City vs Man United
    Spurs vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Man United vs Arsenal
    Chelsea vs Man City

:joy:
  • Sercs
    18654 posts World Class
    Back to Liverpool:

W8 D3 L0 (27 points)

Fulham home
    Watford away
    Everton home
    Burnley away
    Bournemouth away

Great position to be in.

Man City vs Man United
    Spurs vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Man United vs Arsenal
    Chelsea vs Man City

Chelsea vs Man City is gonna be a great one.

Hopefully we smash Fulham at Anfield next weekend to get the ball rolling for our next few.

Yeah agreed. Shame Chelsea / City didn’t play Arsenal later in the year, they were awful those early games but have now found rhythm
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    Just seen Sterling calling our draw against Arsenal away a “slip up” :D

I guess that’s who we are now. A team expected to beat everyone home and away.

Klopp has really transformed us.

Edit: he didn’t say that. Just the Echo being click bait merchants with the heading, as usual. They’re a joke these days.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018

Thoughts?
    Gotten some goals against small teams but Seems like a one season wonder if I ever saw one, especially given many believed cough Sdoofus were saying he was better than Ronaldo :lol:
  • Littleland95
    16911 posts Moderator
    Shehraj wrote: »

Thoughts?
    Gotten some goals against small teams but Seems like a one season wonder if I ever saw one, especially given many believed cough Sdoofus were saying he was better than Ronaldo :lol:

LOL
  • tilen11
    edited November 2018

Thoughts?

One season wonder? :joy:

He plays good consistently since 14/15 season.

14/15 season: 34 games, 9 goals, 6 assists
    15/16 season: 42 games, 15 goals, 9 assists
    16/17 season: 41 games, 19 goals, 15 assists
    17/18 season: 52 games, 44 goals, 16 assists
    Current season: 15 games, 7 goals, 4 assists

How is that a one season wonder is beyond me. People are just plain stupid :)

Michael Johnson, Amr Zaki, Roque Santa Cruz, DJ Campbell... THese players were one season wonders along with many others.
  • El_Nino
    3197 posts National Call-Up
    Saying Salah is a one season wonder is beyond stupid, as posted he’s already had a few good quality seasons. Is he likely to replicate last season? No, probably never will, is he the level of Ronaldo/Messi? No, and no logical fan would have said so either. Great player though, one season wonder is a ridiculous comment.
  • tilen11
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Saying Salah is a one season wonder is beyond stupid, as posted he’s already had a few good quality seasons. Is he likely to replicate last season? No, probably never will, is he the level of Ronaldo/Messi? No, and no logical fan would have said so either. Great player though, one season wonder is a ridiculous comment.

People expecting him to score 40 every season now. Anywhere from 15-20 goals along with 8-12 assists would be another fantastic season.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    El_Nino wrote: »

ignore that WUM. just trying to rile us up.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    tilen11 wrote: »

Thoughts?

Michael Johnson, Amr Zaki, Roque Santa Cruz, DJ Campbell... THese players were one season wonders along with many others.

These stats literally back up the ‘one season wonder’ argument :joy:

No one is calling his 15/16 and 16/17 ‘wonder’ seasons, they are just good seasons and no one is saying he isn’t going to have another ‘good’ season.

The 17/18 season is the ‘wonder’ season. Until he produces a season at least better than the ones before last year, then by DEFINITION. He will be a one season ‘wonder’.
  • Sercs
    18654 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

Thoughts?

No one is calling his 15/16 and 16/17 ‘wonder’ seasons, they are just good seasons and no one is saying he isn’t going to have another ‘good’ season.

The 17/18 season is the ‘wonder’ season. Until he produces a season at least better than the ones before last year, then by DEFINITION. He will be a one season ‘wonder’.

Come on dude you are really grasping at straws here aren’t you? Can’t you just let it go and stick out of the Liverpool thread? It’s so sad it’s actually becoming even more hilarious than it was originally.

If you want to go definition, ‘wonder’ is actually described as:

1. a feeling of amazement and admiration, caused by something beautiful, remarkable, or unfamiliar

2. a person or thing regarded as very good, remarkable, or effective.

So defining it by goals isn’t the only way to do it. I’d rather Salah score 20 game winners and we take some the prem trophy because of it rather than 40 goals yet finish third or second. To me that would be a wonder season, being the difference.
  • tilen11
    edited November 2018

Thoughts?

Check the wonder definition mate.

One season wonder in football more or less refers to players who had 1 amazing season in their career.

• Sercs
    18654 posts World Class

Thoughts?

One season wonder in football more or less refers to players who had 1 amazing season in their career.

Mate I know what a one season wonder is, however it’s subjective to what the player does in the year. People just like to say if Salah doesn’t score 40 again he’s a flop or one season wonder :joy:
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Thoughts?

Come on dude you are really grasping at straws here aren’t you? Can’t you just let it go and stick out of the Liverpool thread? It’s so sad it’s actually becoming even more hilarious than it was originally.

If you want to go definition, ‘wonder’ is actually described as:

1. a feeling of amazement and admiration, caused by something beautiful, remarkable, or unfamiliar

2. a person or thing regarded as very good, remarkable, or effective.

So defining it by goals isn’t the only way to do it. I’d rather Salah score 20 game winners and we take some the prem trophy because of it rather than 40 goals yet finish third or second. To me that would be a wonder season, being the difference.

:joy: :joy: :joy: got Liverpool fans out here checking the dictionary and then defining their own version of a ‘wonder’ season, you couldn’t write it!
  • tilen11
    edited November 2018

Thoughts?

Mate I know what a one season wonder is, however it’s subjective to what the player does in the year. People just like to say if Salah doesn’t score 40 again he’s a flop or one season wonder :joy:

@Sercs
    Wasnt quoting your post mate :joy:
    Ive seen you also described it to him.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Thoughts?

Exactly... thanks for backing my argument. Salah has literally had one season which you could describe as a ‘wonder’ season.
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something

Thoughts?
    I got laughed at when I said he was a flat track bully
  • tilen11

Thoughts?

Exactly... thanks for backing my argument. Salah has literally had one season which you could describe as a ‘wonder’ season.

For me and for many others his 2 season with Roma were absolutely fantastic.
    Guess for you and some people he has to score 30 every season to have a great season. Brilliant logic
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    I always thought that being a one season wonder was being a player who has one good/great season, but is absolutely irrelevent/rubbish for the rest of them? Like a Michu, or a Charlie Adam? I don't think being really good for several seasons, and then exceptional for one can be classed as being a one season wonder. Is Drogba a one season wonder? Considering he scored 29 goals one season (2009/10), but other than that, his tallies for Chelsea were 10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 11, 5. It's such a flawed, and incorrect view of what a one season wonder is.

As for saying that Salah at least needs to better last season to ensure he's not a one season wonder, lmao, so he needs to break the Premier League scoring record again? What kind of **** up logic is that? It's like you're setting the bar way too high on purpose so that you can trot out the OnE sEaSoN wOnDeR line to make yourself feel better.

Facts are, Hazard, who everyone is saying is the best player in the PL this season, has scored/assisted 12 goals this season, and Salah, who you lot are trying to call a one season wonder, has scored/assisted 10. A grand total of 2 goals/assists difference between two players who seem to have such a stark difference in narrative this season.

It's embarrassing, and desperate, tbh. Salah is obviously going to shut you all up, again.
  • Pugzilla
    16069 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »

Thoughts?
    I always thought that being a one season wonder was being a player who has one good/great season, but is absolutely irrelevent/rubbish for the rest of them? Like a Michu, or a Charlie Adam? I don't think being really good for several seasons, and then exceptional for one can be classed as being a one season wonder. Is Drogba a one season wonder? Considering he scored 29 goals one season (2009/10), but other than that, his tallies for Chelsea were 10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 11, 5. It's such a flawed, and incorrect view of what a one season wonder is.

As for saying that Salah at least needs to better last season to ensure he's not a one season wonder, lmao, so he needs to break the Premier League scoring record again? What kind of **** up logic is that? It's like you're setting the bar way too high on purpose so that you can trot out the OnE sEaSoN wOnDeR line to make yourself feel better.

Facts are, Hazard, who everyone is saying is the best player in the PL this season, has scored/assisted 12 goals this season, and Salah, who you lot are trying to call a one season wonder, has scored/assisted 10. A grand total of 2 goals/assists difference between two players who seem to have such a stark difference in narrative this season.

It's embarrassing, and desperate, tbh. Salah is obviously going to shut you all up, again.

That dude you argue with everyday isn’t worth typing out a message of that length dude he is just trying to wind us up.

You think you’d get tired of it. I tried to talk some sense to counchy and it honestly just isn’t worth it he is lost.

• Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    I think that most non-Liverpool fans are simply arguing that Salah is on the second level just below the all time legends and his entry into the top level along Messi and Ronaldo was a one season wonder. That seems like a fair comment.

I don't think anybody is trying to argue he's a flop or not a top player. That'd just be stupid.
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Thoughts?

That dude you argue with everyday isn’t worth typing out a message of that length dude he is just trying to wind us up.

You think you’d get tired of it. I tried to talk some sense to counchy and it honestly just isn’t worth it he is lost.
    You’re Liverpool’s version of Couchy, Pug
  • Sellish
    9179 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think that most non-Liverpool fans are simply arguing that Salah is on the second level just below the all time legends and his entry into the top level along Messi and Ronaldo was a one season wonder. That seems like a fair comment.

I don't think anybody is trying to argue he's a flop or not a top player. That'd just be stupid.

100% this.
  • Pugzilla
    16069 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Thoughts?

You’re Liverpool’s version of Couchy, Pug

You know how to really make someone feel like sh*t do you know that?
  • SDoofus

Why not wait until the season is over before arguing that, then? So far, Salah is pretty much on par with his start last season. Seems really premature to say he can’t repeat last season’s numbers, or get close to them.
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class

Why not wait until the season is over before arguing that, then? So far, Salah is pretty much on par with his start last season. Seems really premature to say he can’t repeat last season’s numbers, or get close to them.

The same reason you're not waiting until the season is over to tell everyone and their brother to "mind the gap".
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2018
    Also, I remember United fans constantly saying that he was having a purple patch and would slow down around Christmas time but he only got better and better. Hoping someone turns poor doesn’t make it happen, I’m afraid. I have full confidence that Salah will follow the same trend as last season. Starting steadily and then finishing extremely strong, even though he’s basically being double marked every game this season. Which has actually helped Mane, who has scored 7 too (6 in the PL already which is already 60% of his total PL goals last season).