Do people put themselves through this every weekend ?

Comments

• Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I am currently 1-14.

Losing by one goal in last few mins regularly after going a couple up.

Frustrating.

Are you attacking when you go up or sitting back and trying to counter?

Playing normally.

If I try to defend so usually end up with a stray pass going to an oponentvin space when I didn't pass there.

If i attack I get a ridiculous paced counter attack.

Its a case if I know what's going to happen but cannot counter it.

Went back to rivals and got a 4-0 a 2-0 and a 7-1.

Just can't get my head around weekend league.

I win ae9und 60-70% on rivals but perhaps less than 10% on weekend league.

It's funny as I have done gold 1 once in 17 but only got to wl a handful of times on 18 and it's the first year in ages that my regular games is a positive w/l

Funny.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    FinallySKY wrote: »
    Yes every weekend as I grown man I put myself through this horrendous torture just so I can open packs up without spending money. Tbh I’d be with the pay to win life but my girlfriend would kill me

Hahaha I am the same man!
  • CharlieC
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    Try going “team press” when you go ahead but only in the last 25-30 mins because it can sap energy. Make use of all your subs. I change my whole midfield because they are the ones doing the work. These two things really help me toward the end of the game.
  • MarkusG
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I went 9-2 yesterday and actually enjoyed it for once, of course winning helps I suppose. I'm now 10-6 after today and I feel like I've gone for a walk through a hall of desperation and sweat.
  • I'll be taking next weekend off most likely. Only decided to play this weekend because Mertens scored a hattrick and he's the reason I even turn this game on in the first place.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    I’ve gone back to DR and I can’t buy a win. Maybe I’ve overplayed and my gameplay has gone stale. Or I can do what I normally do and blame EA :smiley:
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    SinkXI wrote: »
    I’ve gone back to DR and I can’t buy a win. Maybe I’ve overplayed and my gameplay has gone stale. Or I can do what I normally do and blame EA :smiley:

DR is strange as players seem to make the runs they don't in wl.

Not sure why...
  • Laurens1998
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played again for the third weekend in a row, decided I'll stay away from it for at least the coming week. Not worth all the stress. Not worth all the time you could spend doing much better things than just frustrate about a game like this.
  • Numlocked_
    1609 posts Play-Off Hero
    My very first WL this year. Wow I'm never doing it again. I'm 1-17. My team has not felt like my team for voer two days. I'm trying to play football but I can't string more than two passes together. I get overrun every single game while my players feel like bronzes. In offense I have constant bad touches and passes going in a direction I didn't aim for. In defence all I do is tackle and see th ball going bakc to the opponent at least five times....
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    My very first WL this year. Wow I'm never doing it again. I'm 1-17. My team has not felt like my team for voer two days. I'm trying to play football but I can't string more than two passes together. I get overrun every single game while my players feel like bronzes. In offense I have constant bad touches and passes going in a direction I didn't aim for. In defence all I do is tackle and see th ball going bakc to the opponent at least five times....

My record is 1-15 I think you're not alone.

I don't think I am.playkng that bad but constant last minute goals are a killer.

Misdirected passes still happen in 19 but nowhere near as much as 18.

Had an awefull moment yesterday did a back pass to keeper hit the x button which is the long kick and the ball just went 10 yards slowly along the ground straight to an on rushing forward for a 93rd min equaliser to then lose in extra time in the 120th min.
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    SB???! I’d rather rip my own **** off
    OZero wrote: »
    You don't need to play WL this year. Just focus on SB and DR. Stay away from the most toxic aspect of FUT.

Score 5 within 5 mins, set ultra defense, put down your controller, easy points.

What’s fun about that? This is a game, not your job you know.

My job is more than FIFA 19 :D
  • Colt_seevers
    1076 posts Professional
    Sitting on 19 with 1 game left. Played on balanced with whatever defensive depth is originally set. Out of 19 I’ve scored just the one outside of the box finesse and only one goal from a corner. Don’t find it anymore stressful than rivals. Bs happens in all Fifa modes, not just wl
  • llcg04
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2018

No offense, but if you are 1-17 then the main issue is Not the Game or how the players feel. Sometimes People Gotta be realistic and reflect their playing style.
  • Numlocked_
    1609 posts Play-Off Hero
    llcg04 wrote: »

No offense, but if you are 1-17 then the main issue is Not the Game or how the players feel. Sometimes People Gotta be realistic and reflect their playing style.

Normally I would totally agree with you but last year I had no problem getting 11 wins early on. This years meta just kills the way i play. And this weekend my team never felt like my team. It played entirly different than during the week. I can surely feel the difference between players on steroids and players stuck in mud
  • I've lost 8 games in the 90th minute this WL. Believe it or not. What a frustration.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    RojoCoko wrote: »
    I've lost 8 games in the 90th minute this WL. Believe it or not. What a frustration.

Frustrating but funny as you know it's built in..
  • smactastic
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I played first ever weekend league's this year. I play casually as having a 2 year old I don't get a Lot of time.

How anyone grinds through 30 games of the same dull opposition I have no idea.

The absolute "need" people have to win is kinda sad!

My team isn't flashy or expensive but at least it's different!
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    My first weekend league and I enjoyed it. Mainly because expectations are low. I just want a player pick rewards. Also weekend league games count towards division rivals so its like a two for one. Nice.
  • My first weekend league and I finished with 11 wins with 2 games left. I stop playing yesterday with 7 wins and 6 game left, then I woke up this morning and I won my first 4 games to take me to 11 wins. I enjoyed it and I can't wait for next weekend.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bakaaa93 wrote: »
    My first weekend league and I finished with 11 wins with 2 games left. I stop playing yesterday with 7 wins and 6 game left, then I woke up this morning and I won my first 4 games to take me to 11 wins. I enjoyed it and I can't wait for next weekend.

I can't really usually play weekend's but wife and daughter were out all day yesterday.

Wonder if there will be any difference today
  • mjweatherup
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Actually find WL more relaxing than Rivals. Didn't play this weekend though and by all accounts, it has been a hot mess

Kick off goals were utterly out of control. I won 11 out of 16 but had to battle against them constantly
  • Danny
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only play wl or friendlys against my mates. everything else seems pointless when wl gives you rivals points anyway
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    My first ever WL. Never bothered before.

I thought it was fine. No more toxic than Div Rivals.

EA should never have switched replays back on though!
  • oldboiler
    1979 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    14-7 this weekend, might try to add 3 more wins this evening but it’s just meh. I wish there was a less competitive way of picking up some of those shiney red and golds

Still playing with an untradeable 84 team. Definitely noticed a lot more icons, UCLs etc this weekend but still not convinced they are any better than a standard 84
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    My issue is I always start very strongly and when I score my opponents becomes a different player like a professional, it's the drastic swings in momentum that really puts me off this game
  • Alford5
    59 posts Park Captain
    It’s loads more enjoyable than rivals 💯 I’ll never play a rivals match again
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Alford5 wrote: »
    It’s loads more enjoyable than rivals 💯 I’ll never play a rivals match again

After going back to rivals once I finished my WL games .... I think I’d probably agree. Although I think I should just never play Fifa again!
  • Bobani17
    74 posts Park Captain
    I did my first WL thies weekend as well. I got 14wins from 29 games. Ooh the stress tho.. =( i was nervous the whole time, and i think i might have gotten a heart attack once or twice.
    Cant really see myself going thru that every other weekend, to much rush play, and that dont suit me. I do however think that my non skillz-passing game threw a few ppl off, and also im pretty cold in defence, so i irritated a few skillers when i simply waited them out and pounced.

Anyway...fun, but not fun at the same time, i only did it for the rewards, but with my luck ill get nothing to use..
  • Jonx88
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bobani17 wrote: »
    I did my first WL thies weekend as well. I got 14wins from 29 games. Ooh the stress tho.. =( i was nervous the whole time, and i think i might have gotten a heart attack once or twice.
    Cant really see myself going thru that every other weekend, to much rush play, and that dont suit me. I do however think that my non skillz-passing game threw a few ppl off, and also im pretty cold in defence, so i irritated a few skillers when i simply waited them out and pounced.

Anyway...fun, but not fun at the same time, i only did it for the rewards, but with my luck ill get nothing to use..

Trust me you didn't throw anyone off, all I see every game in WL is ping pong passing it's rare an opponent takes two touches never mind try a skill move
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Got 8 wins in my first WL...after the first 10 games I settled in and got comfortable. I'll take it.