Rate Fifa 19 out of 10

Comments

• SeaDawgBob
    940 posts Professional
    I really dislike this FIFA but you guys giving it 1/10 is pretty funny, 1/10 is for games that flat out don’t work,

If I was giving it a realistic Gamer Type Magazine Review, I would probably give it 6/10, which would be the lowest FIFA review I can remember in recent memory.

Content is great
    Gameplay is ok (except for AI defense, especially strikers stealing the ball back, I’m tired of Varsy being a better defender than most defenders)

Servers, Servers,Servers - I have a Gigabit connection and hardly have a game with little delay.

BTW, go play Kick off vs FUT, FUT is broken. Kick Off is pretty enjoyable IMO.

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    5/10 unfinished game and dodgy servers makes it worse than it already is. I'm getting bored of it 6 weeks into the game.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
  • KezzaJ
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2/10 it’s more fun trading, sniping or doing sbcs than actually playing the game.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Aguy9916 wrote: »
    I'd give it a 6/7.... people saying defence has been made to easy are having a laugh, if playing someone reasonable or above the AI defending is not to be relied on... defending is where I struggle the most.

The pace feels good mostly and it looks and plays great when people play a good game of football rather than always looking to abuse the OP moves.

The problems are all listed in this thread.. kick off goals, high pressure, button delay, overpower intercepts and blocks (too often), unrealistic tackles from behind, the failed tackle that bounces all over then back to holder, certain shots overpower and others pointless to use... it's only minor niggles in the grand scheme but they all add up especially when you get sweaty opponents whose only game plan is to constantly try to use the game mechanics rather than play football... I reckon it could be fixed soon enough and will be one of best ever.

I also think too much emphasis has been placed on tactics now. I've been messing with tactics since release and not getting anywhere... my AI players just seem to play like they are on drugs, bad runs, bad decisions and half hearted positioning and play.
    I copied a you tubers set up a couple of days ago and instantly I felt I'm playing a different game, one where my team are on my side and want to win with me... the game shouldn't be about who can figure out the sweet spot on sliders, settings and team configuration... it should be about who plays the match the best.

Sounds like I hate it with all that but I don't... I'm enjoying it on the whole. Just highlighting what I see as needing fix to make perfect.

I agree with you but for me the flaws you raise make it a 4/10 fro me.

PS which you tuber you copy ?
  • Teezy
    56 posts Park Captain
    I think the gameplay is alright, way better than fifa 18 honestly. Still some issues with it obviously, but I like the patches they've put out so far. The servers just are the main issue every single year. The game is really enjoyable for me when there isn't many people playing. Playing on a saturday during WL on the other hand just is a nightmare.
  • Guybrush
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    I really dislike this FIFA but you guys giving it 1/10 is pretty funny, 1/10 is for games that flat out don’t work

Are you implying that this game works? that's pretty funny.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    6/10

Too ai hand holding and assisted, bugs, laggy and at times unplayable.

This doesnt seem like a game that was ready for release tbh
  • FinEverton
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    I hate this game, but cant stop playing. 1/10.

I struggle with gameplay and when I try to adapt, cant beat input lag and servers.
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really enjoy the game tbh hence why I keep playing it 7.5/10
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    8/10. Once you get the hang of it it's actually a really awesome game
  • jonkero
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I really enjoy the game tbh hence why I keep playing it 7.5/10

@DIXON THFC just another moan thread ;)
  • Grifan
    1199 posts Professional
    3 out of 10, another grindy game with no skill in defending
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    jonkero wrote: »

How do you get the hang of unstable gameplay?
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4/10
  • Dragon007
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m interested in seeing the feedback. Personally I’d give it a 2/10, assuming 10 is brilliant and 5 is average.

What’s your rating? Please give reasoning as well so EA can use this as constructive.

Edit: my reasoning is, I just find it joyless. The fun element has vanished. There as so many random acts that I cannot become emotionally invested in the game. Plus the usual AI, finesse shots facing the wrong way, pressure etc.

How many on a rating from 1 to 10, FifaPoints did you spend this year? if 10 was highest you ever spent and 1 was NMS

Then see if you have put your money where your mouth is.
  • jonkero

My gameplay is fine!
  • 8/10
    Poor in some minor part
    The outside environment, seat,road, car(very poor art)
    Leak of Fans different respond,
    When goal, but the shooter run in the net, he just stand,weird celebration.
    The good side are, ball,player,reaction,motion
  • Aguy9916
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Xtc wrote: »
    I'd give it a 6/7.... people saying defence has been made to easy are having a laugh, if playing someone reasonable or above the AI defending is not to be relied on... defending is where I struggle the most.

The pace feels good mostly and it looks and plays great when people play a good game of football rather than always looking to abuse the OP moves.

The problems are all listed in this thread.. kick off goals, high pressure, button delay, overpower intercepts and blocks (too often), unrealistic tackles from behind, the failed tackle that bounces all over then back to holder, certain shots overpower and others pointless to use... it's only minor niggles in the grand scheme but they all add up especially when you get sweaty opponents whose only game plan is to constantly try to use the game mechanics rather than play football... I reckon it could be fixed soon enough and will be one of best ever.

I also think too much emphasis has been placed on tactics now. I've been messing with tactics since release and not getting anywhere... my AI players just seem to play like they are on drugs, bad runs, bad decisions and half hearted positioning and play.
    I copied a you tubers set up a couple of days ago and instantly I felt I'm playing a different game, one where my team are on my side and want to win with me... the game shouldn't be about who can figure out the sweet spot on sliders, settings and team configuration... it should be about who plays the match the best.

Sounds like I hate it with all that but I don't... I'm enjoying it on the whole. Just highlighting what I see as needing fix to make perfect.

I agree with you but for me the flaws you raise make it a 4/10 fro me.

PS which you tuber you copy ?

Was something like 30-0 champions tactics I think.... nothing too revolutionary, using 4 different formations on the toggle... it works though, especially the attacking and ultra attacking... I matched my team with his as best I could too with regards type of player per position for workmates and stats... luckily I've got some coin though as his team is good.

Hated doing it to be honest, I like to do my own thing in fifa and feel a bit disgusted in myself for giving in but I wasn't getting any fun from constantly losing because my team didn't want to play with me 😂
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    When the game play is month, 7/10. When it is not, 1/10. There is absolutely no skill involved when it's not. Which is more often than not. It's all about luck and getting the random ness to be in your favor.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ

My gameplay is fine!

I'm sure it is.
  • CharlieC
    6218 posts Big Money Move
    10/10 for looks
    4/10 for gameplay

Just not fun to play and that’s not right.
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero

My gameplay is fine!

Where do you play from?
  • 7/10

+ Gameplay is better than 18
    + Content is better than 18

- Poor Servers destroying all the good parts of this game

7/10
  • Vezzo
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    2/10
    - no referees
    - laggy/spikey gameplay
    - ai that defines the gameplay
    - unrealistic physical attributes
    - custom tactics that don't do what they are supposed to do
    -
  • forearms
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Look at the metacritic user reviews for comparison:

Ps4=1.8
    Xbox=2.1
    Pc=1.6
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    KezzaJ wrote: »
    2/10 it’s more fun trading, sniping or doing sbcs than actually playing the game.

Ironically, yes!
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dragon007 wrote: »
    I’m interested in seeing the feedback. Personally I’d give it a 2/10, assuming 10 is brilliant and 5 is average.

What’s your rating? Please give reasoning as well so EA can use this as constructive.

Edit: my reasoning is, I just find it joyless. The fun element has vanished. There as so many random acts that I cannot become emotionally invested in the game. Plus the usual AI, finesse shots facing the wrong way, pressure etc.

How many on a rating

Very good post mate.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    1/10 - as a collective the game just isn’t right.

Biggest problem is the lack of skill required. The game is pure RNG. Never been a game where stats mean so little. Kick off goals are worse than ever, and high rated players miss chances from 10 yards yet Herrera can bang them in all day. You lose games because of it.

The 50/50 tackles is without doubt the biggest load of BS I’ve ever witnessed. It costs you games. How can a guy with 45 defensive stat beat two players with 90+ defensive plus almost double the physical in a 50/50? There has never been a Fifa where player stats in key areas mean nothing. I’ve got bored playing the game because it’s easier to score a 30 yard rocket than a tap in. Utter rubbish.

Pogba - took a touch, set myself, aimed on target, flew wide.

3-E382-A7-E-30-C8-4-D6-A-A92-D-0-A695-A7-C9-A2-E.jpg

Lucas the monster vs timid Ramos + Prime Makelele. Seriously how many tackles do you need to make to stop a goal - i’d also make two more before this that pin balled back. The stand tackle button is literally the biggest cause of goals conceeded. Which is ridiculous.

2lotqn.gif

I lost this game 3-2. The second was 1 of 2 kick off goals. I just can’t stop them. Even when I make the tackle they just bounce back to the opposition

Even when you move your keeper to make the save, it goes through holographic fingers. From top to bottom, this RNG fest is a shambles.

A5-B0-DAD1-1102-4098-A4-BA-93923-E7-AC48-D.jpg

Another great post. Couldn’t agree more!
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dragon007 wrote: »

How many on a rating from 1 to 10, FifaPoints did you spend this year? if 10 was highest you ever spent and 1 was NMS

Then see if you have put your money where your mouth is.

That would be a 2 mate. I spent £35 at the start. At this point in the year I’m usually £350-£400 in. I want to enjoy the game and I’m happy to spend money. Just not on this version, I absolutely refuse to. I’m still gutted i gave them 35 quid at the start tbh