Manchester City FC

Comments

  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Come on man this isnt the French league.
  • ViVaWhom
    8254 posts League Winner
    If only they didn't pay off saints
  • Mike
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Title is theirs to lose
    But I thought you already won it back in August
  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    That was before we found out you actually do cheat and there’s actually no point even trying to compete anymore.
  • G000ner
    4335 posts National Call-Up
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope
  • G000ner
    4335 posts National Call-Up
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope
  • G000ner
    4335 posts National Call-Up
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.
  • Pugzilla
    16461 posts World Class
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.

    Pretty easy to finish when he is standing at the back post alone putting home a tramp from David Silva/Bernardo Silva.

    He’s done better than I thought he would but a ‘best player in the league’ that ain’t it chief.

  • Mike
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.

    Pretty easy to finish when he is standing at the back post alone putting home a tramp from David Silva/Bernardo Silva.

    He’s done better than I thought he would but a ‘best player in the league’ that ain’t it chief.

    You're very dense if you think that's all he does
  • Retro_G
    29885 posts National Team Captain
    edited November 2018
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    That's because England don't pay the opposition to roll over. You see City getting slapped by Lyon who play in a farmer league, then they scrap a win against the likes of Hoffenhein. Why are they struggling in the Champions League? Mansour won't chance the backhanders in Europe, because the ramifications would be far worse!
  • finsfan85
    12769 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    That's because England don't pay the opposition to roll over. You see City getting slapped by Lyon who play in a farmer league, then they scrap a win against the likes of Hoffenhein. Why are they struggling in the Champions League? Mansour won't chance the backhanders in Europe, because the ramifications would be far worse!

    You’re embarrassing
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.

    Pretty easy to finish when he is standing at the back post alone putting home a tramp from David Silva/Bernardo Silva.

    He’s done better than I thought he would but a ‘best player in the league’ that ain’t it chief.

    not the best, no one ever said that. the original poster said one of the best. i think he has been impressive of late as has Mahrez and Barkley.
  • Retro_G
    29885 posts National Team Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    That's because England don't pay the opposition to roll over. You see City getting slapped by Lyon who play in a farmer league, then they scrap a win against the likes of Hoffenhein. Why are they struggling in the Champions League? Mansour won't chance the backhanders in Europe, because the ramifications would be far worse!

    You’re embarrassing

    Gullible sheep can't comprehend!
  • G000ner
    4335 posts National Call-Up
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    Why should we judge him on teams he doesn't play for? That doesn't make any sense. For England he's not as good, but which English players are? Does it mean that Gerrard and Lampard weren't the best Premier League midfielders in their prime? When you're playing with players of much worse quality, they're not going to pick out Sterling's runs. Equally they won't be able to make the most of the opportunities that Sterling presents to them. Playing for a good team doesn't make you a worse player. It makes you a better player for being able to get into that team.
  • Pugzilla
    16461 posts World Class
    edited November 2018
    Mike wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.

    Pretty easy to finish when he is standing at the back post alone putting home a tramp from David Silva/Bernardo Silva.

    He’s done better than I thought he would but a ‘best player in the league’ that ain’t it chief.

    You're very dense if you think that's all he does
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    what nonsense. he was very good for Liverpool and seems to have improved on his finishing while at City.

    Pretty easy to finish when he is standing at the back post alone putting home a tramp from David Silva/Bernardo Silva.

    He’s done better than I thought he would but a ‘best player in the league’ that ain’t it chief.

    not the best, no one ever said that. the original poster said one of the best. i think he has been impressive of late as has Mahrez and Barkley.

    Mike put on a compilation of all Raheem’s goals mate. Almost all harder to miss than score.

    Also Raj you are right my post wasn’t about yours per say I was just commenting on the overall conversation. And I use ‘best in the Prem’ wrongly as the conversation was about ‘one of the best.’ Either way ‘one of the best’ to me doesn’t suit Raheem.

    @Mike I just stopped watching at 10 goals and he scored 4 total tap ins, a pen, and 5 from cutbacks where he is standing at the penalty spot alone with the whole goal to aim at.


  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

    Superb player.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Sterling gets nowhere near enough credit. One of the best players in the league

    Nope

    Yes

    Still nope

    since you still haven't given a reason, I guess I'll have to ask the question. why not?

    Take him out of this City team and you see how average he is. Like every time he plays for England.

    Why should we judge him on teams he doesn't play for? That doesn't make any sense. For England he's not as good, but which English players are? Does it mean that Gerrard and Lampard weren't the best Premier League midfielders in their prime? When you're playing with players of much worse quality, they're not going to pick out Sterling's runs. Equally they won't be able to make the most of the opportunities that Sterling presents to them. Playing for a good team doesn't make you a worse player. It makes you a better player for being able to get into that team.

    Well i really didn’t think I’d have to spell it out but ok... he is being carried by far, far better players for City. Swap him and Zaha and see what his numbers are.
  • Pugzilla
    16461 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

    Superb player.

    So Ronaldo > Messi?

  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

    Superb player.

    So Ronaldo > Messi?

    What does that have to do with this?
  • Mike
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

    Superb player.

    So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?
  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    All that was said is that he’s one of the best players in the league. If we only talk about forwards, that list looks like this:

    Aguero
    Sterling
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Martial
    Hazard
    Aubameyang

    Are you telling me he looks out of place in that list?
  • finsfan85
    12769 posts Has That Special Something
    SDoofus wrote: »
    All that was said is that he’s one of the best players in the league. If we only talk about forwards, that list looks like this:

    Aguero
    Sterling
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Martial
    Hazard
    Aubameyang
    Ozil

    Are you telling me he looks out of place in that list?

    Based on current form, Firmino does.
  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    All that was said is that he’s one of the best players in the league. If we only talk about forwards, that list looks like this:

    Aguero
    Sterling
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Martial
    Hazard
    Aubameyang
    Ozil

    Are you telling me he looks out of place in that list?

    Based on current form, Firmino does.

    It’s obviously not based on current form. That’s why Lacazette isn’t included, though, he could find his way into that list this season. Shaqiri could too, as could Morata. I felt harsh leaving out Pedro and Willian, but they don’t produce enough for me and I didn’t include Lukaku because he’s a donkey who would definitely look out of place.
  • Pugzilla
    16461 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Is positioning not recognised as a skill anymore then? Or is it just a coincidence that it’s always Sterling that gets the tap ins?

    Superb player.

    So Ronaldo > Messi?
    What are you chatting?

    You say he does more than tap ins. I show a video of his goals last year and they are a majority tap ins. When you say something that is wrong I feel obligated to tell you and provide proof as to why you are wrong.

  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    All that was said is that he’s one of the best players in the league. If we only talk about forwards, that list looks like this:

    Aguero
    Sterling
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Martial
    Hazard
    Aubameyang
    Ozil

    Are you telling me he looks out of place in that list?

    Based on current form, Firmino does.

    It’s obviously not based on current form. That’s why Lacazette isn’t included, though, he could find his way into that list this season. Shaqiri could too, as could Morata. I felt harsh leaving out Pedro and Willian, but they don’t produce enough for me and I didn’t include Lukaku because he’s a donkey who would definitely look out of place.

    Actually, having looked, Firmino has 4 goals and 2 assists. Sane has 3 goals and 3 assists, Mahrez has 5 goals and no assists. So yeah, out of form but still outproducing a couple of others on the list.
Sign In or Register to comment.