Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Imagine trying to pin that on Alisson. He did all he could do. Lacazette just did extremely well in that moment.

  • ViVaWhom
    8106 posts League Winner
    That was a huge GK mistake
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    That was a huge GK mistake
    Agreed
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    What should he have done? Staying on your line there is suicidal. He had to close Lacazette down, which he did, only, like I said, Lacazette turned away from him so perfectly and then set himself up for the shot so perfectly. He did so well to score from that. Trying to make out like that was a GK error reeks of desperation.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    That was a huge GK mistake

    😂
  • Sercs
    18648 posts World Class
    Lol so desperate trying to blame Alisson
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    Lol if he stayed on his line, Lacazette had loads of space to shoot at. Do you even watch football? He came out but Lacazette did so well and turned his back on Alisson (most would have attempted a shot or tried to round the keeper) which meant Alisson couldn’t commit, or he’d concede a penalty. It beggars belief that people think it was a GK error. Not surprising that it’s you who pops up agreeing with it, though.
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Not to mention he’s done that several times this season to save us from conceding.

    Only difference this time was the striker was really intelligent and held off shooting. It was brilliant play from Lacazette. Even Hazard had a one on one with Alisson, which Alisson came out and stopped and funnily enough in that same game is a prime example of what happens if you actually stay on your line. Hazard scored from virtually the same place, shooting across Alisson.

    Edit: we’ve only conceded 5 and our xGA is 9. Alisson has been solid.
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    Lol if he stayed on his line, Lacazette had loads of space to shoot at. Do you even watch football? He came out but Lacazette did so well and turned his back on Alisson (most would have attempted a shot or tried to round the keeper) which meant Alisson couldn’t commit, or he’d concede a penalty. It beggars belief that people think it was a GK error. Not surprising that it’s you who pops up agreeing with it, though.

    It was an error in judgement from Alisson. He thought he could get there but he didnt.

    He wouldnt have had loads of space. He would have simply moved a few feet off his line, spread his arms and made his body big, reducing the amount of goal Lacazette had to aim at.

    Lacazette did well, but he had plenty of goal to aim at due to Alisson being way off his line. Any decent striker should be able to do that.

    If a goalkeeper leaves his goalline and doesnt win the ball then they've made an error. Same with coming for corners, free kicks, etc.
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Imagine trying to pin that on Alisson. He did all he could do. Lacazette just did extremely well in that moment.

  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    Lol if he stayed on his line, Lacazette had loads of space to shoot at. Do you even watch football? He came out but Lacazette did so well and turned his back on Alisson (most would have attempted a shot or tried to round the keeper) which meant Alisson couldn’t commit, or he’d concede a penalty. It beggars belief that people think it was a GK error. Not surprising that it’s you who pops up agreeing with it, though.

    It was an error in judgement from Alisson. He thought he could get there but he didnt.

    He wouldnt have had loads of space. He would have simply moved a few feet off his line, spread his arms and made his body big, reducing the amount of goal Lacazette had to aim at.

    Lacazette did well, but he had plenty of goal to aim at due to Alisson being way off his line. Any decent striker should be able to do that.

    If a goalkeeper leaves his goalline and doesnt win the ball then they've made an error. Same with coming for corners, free kicks, etc.

    He did come out and make himself big. Everyone in the stadium expected Lacazette to shoot and if he did, Alisson most likely saved it and it would have been classed as brilliant goalkeeping. Stop being deliberately obtuse.
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    And having thought about it. Alisson doing what you wanted him to do (stay on his line) is where we’ve conceded most of our goals :D Hazard at SB, Cardiff last weekend, Spurs at Wembley.
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    Allison did what every keeper would do. Lacazettes shot was impressive and props to him. Scored a beautiful goal that went past 3 players, but you cant possibly blame the keeper. It is what it is.

    Arsenal were dominating possession, they passed the ball really well but "we" had more concrete chances. Shame it ended 1-1 but I can sort of say it was a fair result.

    TAA disappointed me, so did Fabinho.

  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Allison did what every keeper would do. Lacazettes shot was impressive and props to him. Scored a beautiful goal that went past 3 players, but you cant possibly blame the keeper. It is what it is.

    Arsenal were dominating possession, they passed the ball really well but "we" had more concrete chances. Shame it ended 1-1 but I can sort of say it was a fair result.

    TAA disappointed me, so did Fabinho.

    TAA was godawful today. I knew after he made an error in the first 30 seconds that he would have a nightmare, as that was such a bad way to start your game and he was shaky ever since. If anyone is to blame for our conceded goal, it’s him, standing there with his hand in the air when he could easily have blocked Lacazette’s shot.
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Allison did what every keeper would do. Lacazettes shot was impressive and props to him. Scored a beautiful goal that went past 3 players, but you cant possibly blame the keeper. It is what it is.

    Arsenal were dominating possession, they passed the ball really well but "we" had more concrete chances. Shame it ended 1-1 but I can sort of say it was a fair result.

    TAA disappointed me, so did Fabinho.

    TAA was godawful today. I knew after he made an error in the first 30 seconds that he would have a nightmare, as that was such a bad way to start your game and he was shaky ever since. If anyone is to blame for our conceded goal, it’s him, standing there with his hand in the air when he could easily have blocked Lacazette’s shot.

    I am really hoping that Klopp will put Gomez to RB position and LOvren to CB. Gomez doesnt offer that much in attack but he is solid in defence.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    The one sensible Pool fan in here. Can’t believe the rest of you just stubbornly defend Alisson, he cost you that game and he was lucky earlier in the game with the Mkhi header.

    Not to mention it’s not exactly the first dodgy moment from him this year, it’s a regular occurrence.
  • finsfan85
    12393 posts Has That Special Something
    Argie once said that Kante is not that much better than Fabinho. He is anything but sensible.
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    Couchy wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    The one sensible Pool fan in here. Can’t believe the rest of you just stubbornly defend Alisson, he cost you that game and he was lucky earlier in the game with the Mkhi header.

    Not to mention it’s not exactly the first dodgy moment from him this year, it’s a regular occurrence.

    We don’t stubbornly defend him. He just didn’t do anything wrong in this instance.

    Did anyone defend him for the goal we conceded against Leicester?

    No.
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    Lol if he stayed on his line, Lacazette had loads of space to shoot at. Do you even watch football? He came out but Lacazette did so well and turned his back on Alisson (most would have attempted a shot or tried to round the keeper) which meant Alisson couldn’t commit, or he’d concede a penalty. It beggars belief that people think it was a GK error. Not surprising that it’s you who pops up agreeing with it, though.

    It was an error in judgement from Alisson. He thought he could get there but he didnt.

    He wouldnt have had loads of space. He would have simply moved a few feet off his line, spread his arms and made his body big, reducing the amount of goal Lacazette had to aim at.

    Lacazette did well, but he had plenty of goal to aim at due to Alisson being way off his line. Any decent striker should be able to do that.

    If a goalkeeper leaves his goalline and doesnt win the ball then they've made an error. Same with coming for corners, free kicks, etc.

    He did come out and make himself big. Everyone in the stadium expected Lacazette to shoot and if he did, Alisson most likely saved it and it would have been classed as brilliant goalkeeping. Stop being deliberately obtuse.

    I'm being anything but obtuse. Alisson came to get the ball from Lacazette but realised he couldnt make it and turned back, leaving him stranded a,k,a, a mistake. He wasn't attempting to save a shot, he was trying to gather the ball from the strikers feet before he got chance to shoot...but he timed it wrong. It;s really not hard to understand.

    it's an error. An understandable one though. Not like the one from earlier this season.

    Poor game from TAA. Shame. Still a better RB than Gomez though. And Gomez is going to be a very special CB.

  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    I thought it was a common understanding that when a goalkeeper leaves his line he has to be the first to the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he made the same mistake for the Mkhi header. Lad seems to have a lack of spatial awareness/judgement.
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Shehraj wrote: »
    I thought it was a common understanding that when a goalkeeper leaves his line he has to be the first to the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he made the same mistake for the Mkhi header. Lad seems to have a lack of spatial awareness/judgement.

    Goalkeepers come off their line all the time to close down the space or angle and make themselves “bigger”. From your post, it sounds like you think goalkeepers shouldn’t leave their line unless they think they’re going to get the ball first, yet this is a very, very common occurrence :D

    (EA_Lanna: Bait removed)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • SDoofus
    5045 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Like I’ve said repeatedly now, if Lacazette shot straight away, like everyone expected him to, Alisson likely makes the save after closing him down so quickly and it’s praised as good goalkeeping.

    If Lacazette took the shot and it was blocked by Alisson, like it was for Willian and Hazard, would you all still be saying he shouldn’t have come out? :D

    Lacazette did something no one expected him to. It was a brilliant bit of football. Don’t disrespect it by trying to say it was a GK error ffs.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    I thought it was a common understanding that when a goalkeeper leaves his line he has to be the first to the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he made the same mistake for the Mkhi header. Lad seems to have a lack of spatial awareness/judgement.

    Goalkeepers come off their line all the time to close down the space or angle and make themselves “bigger”. From your post, it sounds like you think goalkeepers shouldn’t leave their line unless they think they’re going to get the ball first, yet this is a very, very common occurrence :D

    (EA_Lanna: Bait removed)

    I was talking about scenarios keepers trying to reach the ball before the striker in a race type situation, not when the striker has control of the ball, which applies to both of the examples i provided.

    {EA_Lanna: Bait removed}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    I thought it was a common understanding that when a goalkeeper leaves his line he has to be the first to the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he made the same mistake for the Mkhi header. Lad seems to have a lack of spatial awareness/judgement.

    Goalkeepers come off their line all the time to close down the space or angle and make themselves “bigger”. From your post, it sounds like you think goalkeepers shouldn’t leave their line unless they think they’re going to get the ball first, yet this is a very, very common occurrence :D

    (EA_Lanna: Bait removed)

    I was talking about scenarios keepers trying to reach the ball before the striker in a race type situation, not when the striker has control of the ball, which applies to both of the examples i provided.

    {EA_Lanna: Bait removed}

    why do i agree with a United fan more than i do a Liverpool fan? :joy: ffs
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    I thought it was a common understanding that when a goalkeeper leaves his line he has to be the first to the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence either, he made the same mistake for the Mkhi header. Lad seems to have a lack of spatial awareness/judgement.

    Goalkeepers come off their line all the time to close down the space or angle and make themselves “bigger”. From your post, it sounds like you think goalkeepers shouldn’t leave their line unless they think they’re going to get the ball first, yet this is a very, very common occurrence :D

    (EA_Lanna: Bait removed)

    I was talking about scenarios keepers trying to reach the ball before the striker in a race type situation, not when the striker has control of the ball, which applies to both of the examples i provided.

    {EA_Lanna: Bait removed}

    why do i agree with a United fan more than i do a Liverpool fan? :joy: ffs

    Because logic 😂😂😂
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • TAA and Fabinho were off the pace this game. Fabinho needs to shape up if he wants to become a staple in the midfield. TAA hasn't shown anything of what he did last season, think we're better off at the moment with Gomez at RB.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Argie once said that Kante is not that much better than Fabinho. He is anything but sensible.

    He also said Moreno was better than Milner :D
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Argie once said that Kante is not that much better than Fabinho. He is anything but sensible.

    He also said Moreno was better than Milner :D

    you said Milner was a really good LB lmao
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    It was an error from Alisson. If he'd have stayed on his line they wouldnt have scored. Still great from Laca though.

    if you come you have to get there. Otherwise you gotta stay on your line. he ended up in no mans land

    Lol if he stayed on his line, Lacazette had loads of space to shoot at. Do you even watch football? He came out but Lacazette did so well and turned his back on Alisson (most would have attempted a shot or tried to round the keeper) which meant Alisson couldn’t commit, or he’d concede a penalty. It beggars belief that people think it was a GK error. Not surprising that it’s you who pops up agreeing with it, though.

    It was an error in judgement from Alisson. He thought he could get there but he didnt.

    He wouldnt have had loads of space. He would have simply moved a few feet off his line, spread his arms and made his body big, reducing the amount of goal Lacazette had to aim at.

    Lacazette did well, but he had plenty of goal to aim at due to Alisson being way off his line. Any decent striker should be able to do that.

    If a goalkeeper leaves his goalline and doesnt win the ball then they've made an error. Same with coming for corners, free kicks, etc.

    He did come out and make himself big. Everyone in the stadium expected Lacazette to shoot and if he did, Alisson most likely saved it and it would have been classed as brilliant goalkeeping. Stop being deliberately obtuse.

    Genuine question. We’re in the stadium we’re you?
Sign In or Register to comment.