Save the Crew! - Chester Lee "Respect"|The End?

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    aCr9k5d.png

uTm1Ne3.png
  • Wyojasond
    10770 posts Has That Special Something
    :D :D :D man I haven’t heard a Rodney Dangerfield joke in ages. Been really surprised with how well Rooney has done in MLS. Would even go as far to say that he’s been better than Zlatan so far this year.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Love the Dangerfield addition! Great start to the season, keep winning and hopefully the Crew will stay in place.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D :D :D man I haven’t heard a Rodney Dangerfield joke in ages. Been really surprised with how well Rooney has done in MLS. Would even go as far to say that he’s been better than Zlatan so far this year.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Love the Dangerfield addition! Great start to the season, keep winning and hopefully the Crew will stay in place.
    I thought it might be funny (as well as a tribute) to use Rodney Dangerfield in the story, even though he has been deceased for a while. I never know how much American Pop Culture travels across the pond, so it's nice to know there are some fellow countrymen that get it.

I'm happy for Rooney that he has helped DC United make the playoffs. I've only seen a couple of their matches, but he has impressed. However, Zlatan's numbers are steller, so I would have to give him the nod over Rooney, although it's looking like Zlatan will be gone next season.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    MAY 2018

jNrgB8a.png

fa3XMZi.png
    XV3lad2.png "Nice guy, really seems to care. About what, I have no idea."
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Wyojasond
    :D :D :D oh the bit about the pansys in the Bay Area made me laugh harder than it should have :D :D :D
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    tOUHwec.png

Match Day Ten - Seattle Sounders FC vs Columbus Crew SC

XBzbRCP.png

TfbJWNO.png

Team Statistics:
    ccufOUb.png
    DuNCIb4.png

Standings:
    QHxMEH0.png

T1qKTaT.png

6izItXK.png
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    3 shots on target three goals the team were clinical when they had the opportunities to score
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Three important points and an example of how necessary is to be efficient. Zardes made the difference, he appeared twice, he scored two goals. Important win as Seattle is never an easy rival, despite their recent form.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D :D :D oh the bit about the pansys in the Bay Area made me laugh harder than it should have :D :D :D
    I've visited friends and travelled there for business, and there is most definitely an aura of arrogance stemming from that area. ;)
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    3 shots on target three goals the team were clinical when they had the opportunities to score
    Had to be clinical as the team could not do much going forward.
    subpop wrote: »
    Three important points and an example of how necessary is to be efficient. Zardes made the difference, he appeared twice, he scored two goals. Important win as Seattle is never an easy rival, despite their recent form.
    Zardes has been good on crosses and it was his through ball that led to the fast break goal by Artur, but Chester Lee has much to figure out when attacking. I don't play ahead (usually), and I get the feeling that the lack of shooting is going to come back to haunt us.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    bWHOKur.png

bOcWem4.png
    Mapfre Stadium (known previously as the Columbus Crew Stadium) opened in 1999. It was the first soccer specific stadium built by an MLS club and helped jump start a trend to build stadiums for clubs in the league (which further helps legitimize the sport in this country). The US Men's National team have often played here in the past during World Cup Qualifications because Columbus is a stronghold for the national team. The stadium has hosted five consecutive World Cup qualifying matches against Mexico, with the U.S. winning four of the five matches by the same score of 2–0 (with the U.S. fans adopting the rallying cry of dos-a-cero). Unfortunately, that trend was broken when Mexico scored a late winner (2-1) under Jurgen Klinsmann in the last qualifier held here.

The complaints about the stadium falling in disrepair are true (loose railing, broken seats, etc.), and so is the health violation citing mouse droppings in the kitchen area. However, the stadium does have an LED scoreboard, and as far as I know, the paint on the walls aren't chipping away. Regardless of what happens with Columbus Crew SC, I fear the days of Mapfre Stadium hosting Crew games are numbered.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    mCLmt2j.png

1DBqyRF.png

sWMHd7Q.png

Team Stats:
    WNvbBzn.png
    Zx6AHlo.png

Match Day Twelve - Columbus Crew SC vs Chicago Fire

mhFKBNi.png

UysoqVJ.png

Team Stats:
    uCPTLvJ.png
    hvCpT2c.png
    [/center]

Standings:
    NWo4y4m.png

nMlKb0R.png

MOb4Tvd.png
  • Wyojasond
    Couple of tough draws. Team still hanging around a bit though. Front line really needs to start firing
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Damn this seems to be a hard job for the hearts of the supporters. Getting out two draws in games like this... 21 - 3 shots again against Philly. Crazy. The guys upfront need to gear up because I can't see every team missing that many chances to give Columbus the points.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Some crazy stats but still managing to get a point from games where you shouldn't. It looks like switching to a 4411 helped create more chances.

Poor Chester Lee. Getting frustrated results on the pitch and getting shots from his wife.
  • subpop
    I guess that the draw against Philadelphia was a good result, but definitely the tie against Chicago wasn't. The stats show that the rivals were superior in both matches and this is worrying.

Only 2 points out of 6 and the rivals have games in hand, which can take the team out of the playoff zone.

The team need to find some regularity or will struggle to fight for a title, which looks unreal anyway. Still a lot to be played.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Couple of tough draws. Team still hanging around a bit though. Front line really needs to start firing
    Playing a 4-1-3-2 was an epic failure. Team only has one other real striker on the roster, and he's only a reserve level player. Zardes is good around the goal but not much of a play maker. The roster is defensive oriented, so I...er...Chester Lee is hesitant to move away from that. Getting Santo (right winger) more involved might help. Still early, and the team hasn't been losing.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Damn this seems to be a hard job for the hearts of the supporters. Getting out two draws in games like this... 21 - 3 shots again against Philly. Crazy. The guys upfront need to gear up because I can't see every team missing that many chances to give Columbus the points.
    Philly game was a failed experiment, but the Crew almost stole three points near the end. Hate being a counter attacking team, but we might have to resort to being one unless we can start holding onto the ball better.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Some crazy stats but still managing to get a point from games where you shouldn't. It looks like switching to a 4411 helped create more chances.

Poor Chester Lee. Getting frustrated results on the pitch and getting shots from his wife.
    The 4-4-1-1 has helped the offense become a little more fluid, so that's a start. Actually getting a shot off is still an area of improvement. Chester is gaining some familiarity with players, so I would expect the offense to improve.

"My wife made me join a bridge club… I jump off next Tuesday."--Chester Lee :o
    I guess that the draw against Philadelphia was a good result, but definitely the tie against Chicago wasn't. The stats show that the rivals were superior in both matches and this is worrying.

Only 2 points out of 6 and the rivals have games in hand, which can take the team out of the playoff zone.

The team need to find some regularity or will struggle to fight for a title, which looks unreal anyway. Still a lot to be played.
    A title this season might be ambitious; goal is to make it past the knockout round of the playoffs. Chester has tried different formations and has found that a 4-1-4-1 works for defensive purposes and a 4-4-1-1 has had some success with ball movement going forward. Team won't be an offensive powerhouse, but perhaps it has found some of that regularity...or not. :| Shooting and pass accuracy has to get better, or the team will start sliding down the table.
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    hWtpta3.png

Match Day Thirteen - New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew SC

8NPFvqC.png

Xq78rLu.png

Team Stats:
    uZeNArO.png
    eL8a09d.png

Standings:
    wn8AW62.png

8K5NcOD.png

1NqNevb.png

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Maybe that's how to turn things around. Wearing a tie in order to win the game. Confuse the god of the game.
    The draws aren't bad but they aren't bringing the team anywhere unfortunately. It's still all close in the league but Columbus is also games ahead of the rest..
  • subpop
    Another ugly draw against a weaker side and the stats show it could have been worse. Still adding points and keeping the playoff position, although our rivals have some games in hand. It's going to be a close fight to enter in the playoffs.
  • Wyojasond
    All the teams seem pretty evenly matched up thus far in the battle for the playoffs. Hopefully the “tie” will set you guys apart.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe that's how to turn things around. Wearing a tie in order to win the game. Confuse the god of the game.
    The draws aren't bad but they aren't bringing the team anywhere unfortunately. It's still all close in the league but Columbus is also games ahead of the rest..
    Ha! Well, some people have lucky ties, and some of Chester's ties were lucky. ;)
    Draws aren't bad, but it does underscore team's struggle creating offense. Columbus is probably exceeding expectations at this point, to be honest, but there are some bright spots if they can just improve their passing efficiency.
    Another ugly draw against a weaker side and the stats show it could have been worse. Still adding points and keeping the playoff position, although our rivals have some games in hand. It's going to be a close fight to enter in the playoffs.
    The inefficient passing is what hurts the team the most. Many of the opponents shots are a direct result of a bad pass or turnover. New England had a run of about twenty minutes in the second half where they were on the front foot, but Columbus survived without giving up the equalizer. If Meram and/or Sosa had more composure on their very good chances, then the Crew would have had three points. Columbus is not a world beater with Precourt at the helm, so Chester needs to manage expectations. All in all, he's doing okay as the team is trending upwards since he took over, but next month will be a difficult test.
    All the teams seem pretty evenly matched up thus far in the battle for the playoffs. Hopefully the “tie” will set you guys apart.
    I notice there have been a lot of draws throughout the league, so that only helps. Whether or not the "tie" sets us apart depends on what kind we're talking about. ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    zImqXtE.png

PREGAME WAR OF WORDS

"I think both sides will be looking for the three points tonight. Columbus Crew have been disciplined in their defense, and they can make it hard for opponents to get clean shots, but I feel some of their results lately have been, quite frankly, lucky. They won't get so lucky tonight."--Peter Vermes, Sporting KC

"I plan on getting lucky tonight, just ask your wife."--Chester Lee, Columbus Crew SC

Match Day Fourteen - Sporting KC vs Columbus Crew SC

SJnh8Q4.png

DV7jizb.png

Team Stats:
    30EIPVG.png
    mDX2OmF.png

Standings:
    RuNxKbY.png

6z50EXF.png

qwt9QHg.png
  • subpop
    Two early goals were enough, although the video shows that it was far from easy. The most important was to go back to winning path, but the problems don't disappear.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Shots fired from Lees side there. Great to see them getting back to winning but as mentioned it was far from being easy. Still a lot of work to do and Lee still needs to level up his game considering his wide mouth :D
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Two early goals were enough, although the video shows that it was far from easy. The most important was to go back to winning path, but the problems don't disappear.
    None of the games have been easy except that first one with Chicago. Main problem has been taking better care of the ball, and there have been some marginal improvements. Sporting KC is always a tough match, especially when there is mud slinging before the match. :hushed:
    Shots fired from Lees side there. Great to see them getting back to winning but as mentioned it was far from being easy. Still a lot of work to do and Lee still needs to level up his game considering his wide mouth :D
    Chester has a big mouth; he can't help himself. Probably comes from years of not getting the respect he feels he deserves. :p That being said, he has settled on a starting formation that allows a balance of defense and good spacing in the midfield. Attack should improve as the team works on passing.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    2RuuG7v.png

swm85ou.png

Standings:
    blr9oxL.png

FWy9ZCr.png
  • Wyojasond
    Great victory! Opens a bit of a gap on the drop zone, but still very tight. Gotta tell you man, your really making me feel old with how much I’m laughing at these old Jokes :D
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team have had a lot of draws lately but the team are only two points off top spot
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great victory! Opens a bit of a gap on the drop zone, but still very tight. Gotta tell you man, your really making me feel old with how much I’m laughing at these old Jokes :D
    Good three points on the road and a better overall performance by the team. Never too old for classic comedy. I found a website that lists Rodney Dangerfield one-liners. Trick is to incorporate them into the story. :p
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team have had a lot of draws lately but the team are only two points off top spot
    Team is mainly defensive (holds true in real life as well). Might be overreaching to try and win the conference and/or supporters shield. Playing for a playoff spot and hopefully one that avoids the knockout round. Never know what can happen then. :)