Crystal Palace | Season 2 | Quest for a trophy

13468912

Comments

  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Palace battle back from 3 down but fall short to midtable side, Fulham
    XGhBca2.jpg

    Everton get revenge on Palace with FA cup defeat in a penalty shootout ending 3-4. Pickford came up with 3 saves.
    NRleeti.png
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    vnWHiLk.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Is the Fulham scoresheet right? From the goalscorers it looks like a 2-5 defeat...
    Tough games though. Butland saving 3 pens and still the team loses the game? Man I would say penalty shootout will be on the timetable for the next week in training..
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Is the Fulham scoresheet right? From the goalscorers it looks like a 2-5 defeat...
    Tough games though. Butland saving 3 pens and still the team loses the game? Man I would say penalty shootout will be on the timetable for the next week in training..

    I think I put Cairney on the wrong side. He had an own goal which was my first goal before Zaha scored two late.

    Yea, my first penalty shootout in FIFA 19 and the CPU keeper was really good. It was exciting though.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Oh, man. Sad results, especially the FA Cup exit... it always hurts to lose in the penalties, especially when you had some good chances during the 120 minutes. Well, I guess that the positive news is that the team can entirely focus in the Premier League to try to avoid defeats as the one against Fulham.
  • JoshDFC
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two poor defeats should be beating teams like Fulham at home and the loss to Everton ruins the FA Cup dream hopefully the team can bounce back
  • Wyojasond
    11940 posts Has That Special Something
    Shame to exit the cup like that. Team in a bit of a rut but Europe still very much in sight
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very disappointing defeat to Everton in the cup, but also a chance for Crystal Palace to focus on the league. With Europe comes great responsibility. :)
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    Oh, man. Sad results, especially the FA Cup exit... it always hurts to lose in the penalties, especially when you had some good chances during the 120 minutes. Well, I guess that the positive news is that the team can entirely focus in the Premier League to try to avoid defeats as the one against Fulham.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Two poor defeats should be beating teams like Fulham at home and the loss to Everton ruins the FA Cup dream hopefully the team can bounce back
    Shame to exit the cup like that. Team in a bit of a rut but Europe still very much in sight
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Very disappointing defeat to Everton in the cup, but also a chance for Crystal Palace to focus on the league. With Europe comes great responsibility. :)

    The loss at home to Everton is very tough to take. We played so well towards the end I thought a goal was coming for sure. Very surprising and difficult result.

    On the bright side, you guys are correct. We can now focus on the league and finishing top 6.
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    J7PPStC.png

    Dominating first half seals win over Hammers
    Jamal Lowe had his first, second and third assists for Crystal Palace as the Eagles jumped all over West Ham early to win the London derby. Lowe beat former Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold repeatedly down the left wing with his pace and some fancy stepovers to send in three crosses that resulted in goals.

    hd8bg9J.jpg
    Crystal Palace score early and defend late to win big match in the race for 5th.

    Andros Townsend got his head to the end of a cross from Jeremy Schlupp lofting the ball just over there reach of Schmeichal. Palace dropped back to a 4-4-2 to see out the result only allowing Jaimie Vardy and his side four shots for the game.
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    fbyMfw6.png
  • Wyojasond
    11940 posts Has That Special Something
    Couple of great wins, and with as tight as the top 6 is, you needed them. Haven’t noticed the arrows on the table before. Like that a lot B)
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Couple of great wins, and with as tight as the top 6 is, you needed them. Haven’t noticed the arrows on the table before. Like that a lot B)

    Thanks, I actually just added them. Just found out how to do them on my phone. 😁
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    QMpnxMp.png
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    VCOL1nn.jpg

    Last months Player of the Month Jamal Lowe stays hot for Palace in draw

    Lowe finished with an assist and a goal as Crystal Palace held onto a draw while going down to 10 men. Both sides scored twice in the first half but neither could find a winner late. Palace looked the most likely side to score until defender Boyata made a wild tackle and earned a straight red.

    "I'm proud of the effort to see out a draw down a man but we need to win these games if we want Europe."

    VhJjVw3.jpg

    Jordan Ayew saves a point for Palace in the M-23 derby

    Two quick goals in the first half put the away side on top for most of the match but Ayew sent the home fans away happy with a late goal.

    Jamal Lowe was on the score sheet again for Palace scoring in the 7th minute. Brighton responded with two goals before the half hour mark. Palace looked desperate late in the match with a hard press tying to save a point when Ayew subbed on with 15 minutes to play.

    Andros Townsend beat his defender down the right side sending a cross into Ayew who's first attempt hit the post but the rebound came right back to him for a tap in.

    "A derby is always difficult but again we dropped points in a game we need to win. This is the second straight game we let a lead get away from us."

    h91o6Z0.jpg

    Palace finish the month strong with much needed win.

    After two draws. Palace finally get a win. Lowe scored again, ending the month with a goal in every match. Diakhaby was the man for Huddersfield scoring to give the visitors a halftime lead but Max Meyers goal at the hour mark changed the momentum.

    After Meyer's goal, the result was never in doubt. Palace dominated the last half hour with two more goals and not allowing a shot attempt from Huddersfield.

    "It's nice to end the month on a high but April is going to be a brutal month in terms of the schedule. We need to improve and hope Lowe stays hot."
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    imh]
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Oh man... this month was good to get results to take the team to the Champions League. Thankfully, the top-4 isn't too far, but I think Crystal Palace missed a great opportunity.

    If you are able to find some consistency in these final games, you can do it. It's so near... and so cheap!
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    Oh man... this month was good to get results to take the team to the Champions League. Thankfully, the top-4 isn't too far, but I think Crystal Palace missed a great opportunity.

    If you are able to find some consistency in these final games, you can do it. It's so near... and so cheap!

    I know! Such a missed opportunity to gain 9 points in a month that looked easy. Need to improve with 8 games left including a match with each top 4 team.
  • Wyojasond
    11940 posts Has That Special Something
    Couple of ugly draws again have dropped Palace down the table a bit. Gonna be a tight battle to finish the season.
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Re9Pccp.png
    tQgonNu.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Damn it's so close up there. Just trailing by 3 points from the Top 4. But looking at the games in general the month was decent but with the games ahead Palace should have used their chances during the last month. What a tough schedule to finish the season...everybody needs to be in top form to get out as much as possible.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Extremely tough fixtures ahead, but if the team want to reach the Champions League spots, they need to defeat these rivals. These games will decide where the team deserves to be.
  • Wyojasond
    11940 posts Has That Special Something
    Ouch, that finishing schedule is brutal. Palace always seem to get all the big boys back to back to back
  • JoshDFC
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team are still keeping up with the big boys eight games left a very tough month coming up that will define the season I feel
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bishop has some tough matches coming up this month. Chance to gain some points against top teams. Newcastle and Arsenal are must wins. Agree that this will be a defining month for Crystal Palace.
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Damn it's so close up there. Just trailing by 3 points from the Top 4. But looking at the games in general the month was decent but with the games ahead Palace should have used their chances during the last month. What a tough schedule to finish the season...everybody needs to be in top form to get out as much as possible.

    Dropping points last month hurt us for sure. I see the top 6 spots coming down to the final few weeks.
    subpop wrote: »
    Extremely tough fixtures ahead, but if the team want to reach the Champions League spots, they need to defeat these rivals. These games will decide where the team deserves to be.

    Agreed. These matches should show where we belong. If we can't win these games we won't win anything in Europe anyways.
    Ouch, that finishing schedule is brutal. Palace always seem to get all the big boys back to back to back

    I was thinking that too. Earlier this year it was United, Chelsea, Spurs all in a month also!
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team are still keeping up with the big boys eight games left a very tough month coming up that will define the season I feel

    Make or break time now. Dropping points early in the season put us in this position.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Bishop has some tough matches coming up this month. Chance to gain some points against top teams. Newcastle and Arsenal are must wins. Agree that this will be a defining month for Crystal Palace.

    The way this season is going I'll win against everyone but Newcastle!
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero

    Costly errors from Spurs give Palace much needed win8ti9Jtl.jpg

    Fully rotated, young squad costs Palace 2 points7a0EeYf.jpg

    Aggressive start sparks Palace to dominating winET09OPl.jpg

    Late goal for City seals win and moves City to the top of the tableqvKYEvM.jpg

    Kouyate's rocket from outside the box completes a thrilling win for Palace1drlvXY.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    LdtgVsM.jpg

    Top plays of the Month

  • Stlducks
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    RIalN2Q.png

    Img
  • JoshDFC
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some massive wins in that run of games especially against United at home and Tottenham away 3 games to go chance to jump above Everton and Tottenham and really start pushing for fourth
Sign In or Register to comment.