FIFA19 is a disgrace

tstuber
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited October 2018
I started with FIFA98. I played the last years heavily in the top leagues online. I was always open for every new FIFA release. I accepted every change and tried to adapt as good as possible. I always loved to play this game!

But FIFA19.. its a total disgrace. I'm soo disappointend that I needed to create an account to write this post!! I need to complain - this game is too frustrating.
  • Passing is bizzare - the passes ends up often on the wrong direction or at the legs of the enemy player
  • The full gameplay fells like constant pressing. Seems to be no problem for the players endurance
  • Slow defenders can create magically speed abilities and overtake even speedsters!
  • The shooting change! HOLY ****! Who came up with this idea??
  • The gameplay fells like kick and rush. If you did not see the movie, check out Shaolin Soccer. The first matches of these guys are like FIFA19!

Some fun fact for the end: some minutes ago, I was 2:5 behind in online Season. And after some ridicilous shots from somewhere, I was leading 7:5. This has nothing to do with football!

Guys, I really hope there is a patch coming that fixes this game! Otherwise I have to burn my copy of the game!

Comments

• tstuber
    edited October 2018
    So over one week later I have something else to complain which is even worse than the game itself!

Building a bugged, unbalanced game is one thing. I work in software development myself and know its very complex and hard to deliver the 'optimal' software on time. So I have an understanding for issues in software (games).

However, the way EA handles the situation is an absolute shame! This is the official FIFA forum, right? Looks like no moderation/community work here at all. I don't get rid of the feeling that EA does not give a *** at all about what their community thinks. EA already banned a pro player (one that spoke out heavy critics on FIFA19) (Kurt0411Fifa).

What's going on in the EA HQ? Is this company running as it should? All the open job positions for FIFA make me wonder... EA management, what are you doing?

P.S. I would be honored to also be banned!
  • tstuber
    edited October 2018
    Btw. another massive issue: Latency problems!

Yesterday I forced myself to play 5 games. 3 out of 5 had constant lag. This kills the last enjoyment of the game! And I have fiber connection!

The only good thing about FIFA 19 is that I now play hardly any FIFA anymore and have time for books, movies and cleaning my flat! Thanks EA, you made me a better person!
  • EA have destroyed my intentions of playing FIFA all day like before, I actually have time for my family now. So thank u as well EA. Saving cash while I am at it too
  • Leonsmith
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeh pointless playing it just down to luck shocking game and also my players can't make simple passes makes it unplayable awful game I used to win div 1 easy on Fifa 18 and 17 now I'm battling in div 4 on this pile of **** game just no skill involved at all well tbh 17 and 18 were bad games but at least there was a little bit of skill involved on 19 its just high pressure very assisted from AI. It's just made for noobs. I maybe play 2,3 games a day then switch it off if that cuz it's just unplayable game shooting is awful and that **** ibrahimovic gets all the balls rebounding back to him.
  • Totally agree. I used to play FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 everyday. Now I don't even want to touch FIFA 19. Too bad EA is not planning to make the game better since they still make a lot of cash.
  • PG13
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just had a game where the opponents record was awful and every time I tackled it didn't register or it bounced back to him or every opponent player had amazing strength. Clearly trying to give the opponent a win. Absolute joke. The game seemed fixed to me, I mean you've got to make the noobs happy by giving them a chance to win a game or they wouldn't play the game. Look up dynamic difficulty in fifa. It's clear it was in effect here.
  • Brydobhoy
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It has got 100 times worse from the update. My record was 85-10-12 and since the update i have won 3 lost about 18 its an absolute joke.

My defence has went back to fifa 17 where my AI constantly runs out of position while my opponents defence stays solid like a brick wall.

I played second in leaderboards, domianted and won 4-1 i play someone with a 50% win rate and I lose by hitting the post 5 times and conceding 2 goals from 2 shots.

Oh and jesus christ the tackling I need to win a challenge 5 **** times before I actually come away with the ball.
  • PG13
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Yeh disgrace of a game. Ea have nerfed my jockeying its very sensitive now any movement of the analog it goes to completely left or right. When before I could jockey easy. When I watch people on twitch they have no problem. Look up dynamic difficulty
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    19 is undoubtedly worse than 18.... AI Defending has been buffed even more.

shooting inside the box especially 1v1's are inconsistent which reduces the skillgap even more.

The 50-50's are broken... Win the ball twice and it can still somehow bounce back to your opponent you don't get rewarded for Manual Defence.

Kick off goals are still there which isin't a surprise.

Passing is less assisted than 18 but you're still able to play some unrealistic passes as it will auto correct poor passing.

I don't think timed finishing is a good feature either.. I think this reduces the skillgap also... I think it should only be used for outside the box.. inside the box it should be removed.

19 is the first FIFA in 20 years I've stopped playing completely... I know 17 & 18 were bad games but 19 was the final straw for me.. unless E.A make the game skillbased again like the days of 16 then that's enough for me.
    Post edited by TacticalTugTeam on
  • DarkMac
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    This is not EA GAMES... why dont you get it? It is EA Ronaldo. It is all about the money.... They will make low level skilled player win against better player just because they choose to play with the team where Ronaldo plays in. It is a fact. There are so many good players here that are frustrated by the way EA changes everything. Can`t you see that this is transforming in a scenario? We really have a template that is repeating every 7-8 games. I already know when I`m going to loose.. :smile:
  • His0ka
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This FIFA is an absolute joke. Total trash. Not wasting anymore money in this crap.
  • Disciple_2018
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    The problem is everyone moans about the game, and yet still buys it, and then thinks it will be vastly improved from the previous title? And based on history it never seems to change significantly enough from the year before. Either don’t buy the game, or buy it knowing you will be tackling all the issues we all know exist. Improvements will only come when there is a significant drop in sales generally with any product. But stop moaning.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    The problem is everyone moans about the game, and yet still buys it, and then thinks it will be vastly improved from the previous title? And based on history it never seems to change significantly enough from the year before. Either don’t buy the game, or buy it knowing you will be tackling all the issues we all know exist. Improvements will only come when there is a significant drop in sales generally with any product. But stop moaning.

“Based on history it never seems to change significantly”?

FIFA a few years ago actually used to be skill-based.. when you play FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 Those games had manual defence and no Autoblocks Bailing out the poor players.

It’s been since FIFA 17 when E.A decided to introduce AI Defending that the gameplay has gone downhill.

People have a right to moan I buy the game every year but I haven’t put a penny into FUT for a couple of years because I know what the gameplay is like in recent years.

When you’ve played FIFA all of your life it’s not that easy to quit we all want a decent skill-based FIFA game but at the moment FIFA 19 has the lowest skill gap of any FIFA I’ve played.

People can moan as much as they want and so will I until until E.A improve their game end of.
  • Disciple_2018

FIFA a few years ago actually used to be skill-based.. when you play FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 Those games had manual defence and no Autoblocks Bailing out the poor players.

It’s been since FIFA 17 when E.A decided to introduce AI Defending that the gameplay has gone downhill.

People have a right to moan I buy the game every year but I haven’t put a penny into FUT for a couple of years because I know what the gameplay is like in recent years.

When you’ve played FIFA all of your life it’s not that easy to quit we all want a decent skill-based FIFA game but at the moment FIFA 19 has the lowestskill gap of any FIFA I’ve played.

People can moan as much as they want and so will I until until E.A improve their game end of.

You don’t have to quit, just stop moaning. Re no significant changes, only Pes makes distinct changes to their titles as far as gameplay goes. Fifa always feels the same each year, So get used to the Fifa glitches as every year I have played the game it’s pretty much the same story. Everyone buys the game and then moans afterwards.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional

When you’ve played FIFA all of your life it’s not that easy to quit we all want a decent skill-based FIFA game but at the moment FIFA 19 has the lowestskill gap of any FIFA I’ve played.

You don’t have to quit, just stop moaning. Re no significant changes, only Pes makes distinct changes to their titles as far as gameplay goes. Fifa always feels the same each year, So get used to the Fifa glitches as every year I have played the game it’s pretty much the same story. Everyone buys the game and then moans afterwards.

FIFA doesn't feel the same every year at all, even though from 17 to 19 the games aren't good in terms of gameplay they all felt different.

People are always going to moan when the game has been trash for years like I said, until things change people will continue to moan.

just don't put money into FUT, buy the standard edition every year & eventually E.A will take note.

• Disciple_2018

FIFA doesn't feel the same every year at all, even though from 17 to 19 the games aren't good in terms of gameplay they all felt different.

People are always going to moan when the game has been trash for years like I said, until things change people will continue to moan.

just don't put money into FUT, buy the standard edition every year & eventually E.A will take note.

FIFA is pretty much the same every year. It’s ultimately the same game every year. Like I said PES has more Gameplay changes as in the ‘feel’ of the game. Fifa barely any. No real pace change, player animations unchanged, ball movement, passing, all pretty much the same each and every year. I pick up Fifa every year and barely sense any real changes at all.

So instead of people moaning about the game, like you said don’t put any money into FUT, or don’t invest in the game at all meaning the purchase of it. Seriously the game makes no ‘significant ‘ change where you have to rethink the way you play the game, adaptions to player movements, team movements and passing.

I know Fifa has many issues, so I’m just not going to moan about it, just play. If I really can’t take the issues any more, sell it and not buy again until I hear that there is a real improvement to it.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional
    edited November 2018

FIFA is pretty much the same every year. It’s ultimately the same game every year. Like I said PES has more Gameplay changes as in the ‘feel’ of the game. Fifa barely any. No real pace change, player animations unchanged, ball movement, passing, all pretty much the same each and every year. I pick up Fifa every year and barely sense any real changes at all.

So instead of people moaning about the game, like you said don’t put any money into FUT, or don’t invest in the game at all meaning the purchase of it. Seriously the game makes no ‘significant ‘ change where you have to rethink the way you play the game, adaptions to player movements, team movements and passing.

I know Fifa has many issues, so I’m just not going to moan about it, just play. If I really can’t take the issues any more, sell it and not buy again until I hear that there is a real improvement to it.

Yeah it's the same game every year but the gameplay even when bad varies.

if you play 17, 18 & 19 the gameplay even when flawed they play out different, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

From what i've noticed since FIFA17 E.A have continued to remove the advanced skill from the game whilst introducing AI Defending & buffing it to the worst it's ever been in 19 making the game less skill-based and less fun so in some ways I agree with you but the game doesn't feel the same in my view it's just becoming more assessable to suit the Average Andy's of this world that's their target audience.

E.A at the moment it seems they want the lowest skill-gap possible.
  • Disciple_2018

if you play 17, 18 & 19 the gameplay even when flawed they play out different, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

From what i've noticed since FIFA16 E.A have continued to remove the advanced skill from the game whilst introducing AI Defending & buffing it to the worst it's ever been in 19 making the game less skill-based and less fun so in some ways I agree with you but the game doesn't feel the same in my view it's just becoming more assessable to suit the Average Andy's of this world that's their target audience.

Yes I agree with most of your points. Very annoying to have 21 shots with 18 on target and 71% possession with your opponent only have 2 shots with 2 on target only to come away with a 2-2 draw.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional

From what i've noticed since FIFA16 E.A have continued to remove the advanced skill from the game whilst introducing AI Defending & buffing it to the worst it's ever been in 19 making the game less skill-based and less fun so in some ways I agree with you but the game doesn't feel the same in my view it's just becoming more assessable to suit the Average Andy's of this world that's their target audience.

Yes I agree with most of your points. Very annoying to have 21 shots with 18 on target and 71% possession with your opponent only have 2 shots with 2 on target only to come away with a 2-2 draw.

Let's pray the next couple Gameplay Updates the game improves somewhat! :/
  • ch1ll
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    agree with all of it. also playing since fifa98 on n64 back in the day and the last 3 fifas (this included) are a complete disgrace to the franchise and "the game" itself. i also have the feeling in the last 3 releases the "scripting" or "balancing" (giving bad players wins so they might invest more or giving good players loses for the same reason lol) got way out of hand.

i remember back in the days going on 20 30 40 win streaks... now i get a loss like every 3rd game against a opponet i should never lose to... exactly like you said 20 shots on target 70%+ possesion 85-95%+ pass usually... while they have 2 shots on target with 20-30% possesion and some times below 60% pass... but hey because of 10-20 complete wtf situations in the game (my players miss simple tap ins for no reason, pass in a direction i did not pass to or my oppenent scores of the 5th bounce ball in overtime ofc) they win the game with 2-3 in the end. and yes i have lost games with 20/30 shots on target vs 2 shots on target with 2-3 in fifa 18 or 19 : )

and this is not a "ahh okay you got onlucky there" its not a 1 in a 1000 matches thing like in rl... nooo its like 2 or 3 out of 10 nowdays...

and just to clearify i have no problems with losing... i can lose against better opponents all they long, when i can learn something and get better, i have no problems with that. but getting loss after loss after loss against players you totally dominate just because the system decides its your time to lose again is just BS...

and ofc in the next game i have 5 chances in the first 20min and score 4 or even 5 out of it and my opponent rage quits. rly good competetive game xDD

soooo yeah i would say "disgrace" is a good description for it xD
  • Disciple_2018
    ch1ll wrote: »
    agree with all of it. also playing since fifa98 on n64 back in the day and the last 3 fifas (this included) are a complete disgrace to the franchise and "the game" itself. i also have the feeling in the last 3 releases the "scripting" or "balancing" (giving bad players wins so they might invest more or giving good players loses for the same reason lol) got way out of hand.

i remember back in the days going on 20 30 40 win streaks... now i get a loss like every 3rd game against a opponet i should never lose to... exactly like you said 20 shots on target 70%+ possesion 85-95%+ pass usually... while they have 2 shots on target with 20-30% possesion and some times below 60% pass... but hey because of 10-20 complete wtf situations in the game (my players miss simple tap ins for no reason, pass in a direction i did not pass to or my oppenent scores of the 5th bounce ball in overtime ofc) they win the game with 2-3 in the end. and yes i have lost games with 20/30 shots on target vs 2 shots on target with 2-3 in fifa 18 or 19 : )

and this is not a "ahh okay you got onlucky there" its not a 1 in a 1000 matches thing like in rl... nooo its like 2 or 3 out of 10 nowdays...

and just to clearify i have no problems with losing... i can lose against better opponents all they long, when i can learn something and get better, i have no problems with that. but getting loss after loss after loss against players you totally dominate just because the system decides its your time to lose again is just BS...

and ofc in the next game i have 5 chances in the first 20min and score 4 or even 5 out of it and my opponent rage quits. rly good competetive game xDD

Yep, you have described my Fifa experience to a T. Because it happens quite frequently I decided to accept it for my peace of mind, otherwise I’d have several broken TVs and game pads. And try to overcome the stupid game glitch mechanics. We all know this hidden mechanism exists, and can’t seem to stop its effects.
  • ch1ll
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ch1ll wrote: »

Yep, you have described my Fifa experience to a T. Because it happens quite frequently I decided to accept it for my peace of mind, otherwise I’d have several broken TVs and game pads. And try to overcome the stupid game glitch mechanics. We all know this hidden mechanism exists, and can’t seem to stop its effects.

yep it's sad but true... i also stopped playing this game at a competetive level because i would go insane otherwise.... i just play it as a simulation with a random outcome now....

i try to laugh about it but lets be honest here for a second, it really is a disgrace what they did with this game... and i didnt even talk about the mechanics they managed to f up... i mean seriously how can you work 20 years on a game and manage to make the mechanics worse? this is beyond my mind.... for example my passes 20 10 even 5 years ago in fifa went were i aimed at... now 20% of my passes just go to a random player i dont even aim at...

i dont even know if this is done on purpose to reduce the skillgap or if they are rly that stupid and dont know what they are doing anymore. mb a dev can tell me how it is possible to work 20 years on a product and make it worse in every aspect

enlighten me pls!!! i'm struggeling between "GREED" or "STUPIDITY" for the nr.1 spot on the list....
  • tstuber
    edited November 2018
    I just wanted to post an update since there is a new patch 1.04 available. New Patch, new Luck!

After playing a couple of games I have to say that some major issues have been tackled. FINALLY!
    But there still sooo many bugs. Just some I noticed:
    * Sometimes player automagically swap positions (e.g. when playing Juve Costas (RW) and Dybala )(CF) are swaped in their position)
    * Quick light-speed movements (e.g when at full speed and doing a finess shot)
    * Fouls are sometimes obviouly ignored by ref
    * Goalkeeper is still not able to properly play football

For me its time again to shut down FIFA19 an do other stuff with my time. Maybe its better after the next Patch. Happy Waiting!
  • DarkMac
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We all know why the gameplay is so bad developed!
  • Bought this game on release played three games online and put it back in the box sold it and back playing fifa 18.

The game is just not for me i won the three games but found it so far fetched with Defensive help and striking and passing was a total disgrace. i have been playing since the early years but i like so many here just don't enjoy it anymore so why bother. I didnt wait for the patches as the game is so fooked and only lost a little cash thank god
  • Amen brothers, been playing fifa since 96, this is the first fifa that I've just given up on (even though 18 was a struggle aswell)... Terrible game, has nothing to do with football what so ever, just abusing game mechanics... You suck so much EA, one wouldn't think the people in charge of this game has ever watched a football match.. Your company is a joke, so much money but so little interest in your players and in creating a skillbased game... The original pong game is closer to football than this ****...
  • Cooler08
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately, everything indicates that FIFA in the PS5 era will be a big disappointment also.

The best era's for FIFA were the late 90s (FIFA 98/99) and the PS3 era (FIFA 10/11). It at least seemed EA were trying to create a good football game then.
  • Leonsmith
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Disgrace of a game. My cdm goes to play cb in last min of game an I concede from a shot outside of box, 2nd game my gk won't move to near post to defend near post corners when are they going to fix that. He goes halfway then stops. They should be ashamed of themselves, embarrassed that they put out such a terrible game. I really hope pro evo is good soon. Everything about the game is terrible so many other things wrong with it
  • tstuber
    edited November 2018
    Groundhog Day: new patch 1.05 released - new luck!

And again, I stopped playing after 3 games. My hopes for an improved game is bursted. Again!

This game stlll frustrates me in so many aspects:
    - When I'm losing because of bugs (that's pisses me off the most)
    - When I have to play with lag (improved a bit - still this pisses me off - right after the bugs)
    - Aracde Mode Football
    - All those small annoying bugs (such as still swaping CF/RM during game)
    - All those gameplay that lacks detail love (e.g. stamina now drains too heavy)
    - Its not the game directly, but since the games sucks I have to get information from EA. This leads me to the point that the way EA communicates / deals with its community sucks also massively!

As far as I see it, EA is more focused on marketing and optimizing revenue than providing a good game. Thus, looks like they like Arcade games. Follows I decided to create my own game especially for EA. A game perfectly suitable for this cash company! Stay tuned!
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Not even fun anymore