Pitch Notes - FIFA 19 Patch Notes #2

Comments

• PabloSB wrote: »
    Come on Ea, revert this replay change from the patch

No, it was infuriating, opposition players, skipping my replays. Why should a random skip my goal, I want to record it, not have the recording ruined by a skip, this is a great patch, wake up!!
  • crowrfc1
    62 posts Park Captain
    are they actually gonna address any real problems like the ultras defensive ai in squad battles the ludicrous amounts of long shots they score the fact they dont lose stamina and the invsible shield they have when u try and tackle them? or the fact shooting is still **** defending is awful passing is broken and goalkeeping per usual is absolutley awful fix all that ea stop **** messing with the game every year if your not a youtuber or a rinsing pack money they dont care
  • Episode_13
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    LSB1210 wrote: »
    Skipping replays was one of the best things. It saves time. Why change it?

I completely disagree here guys, I will tell you why....

1) It's never been possible to skip replays, of other peoples goals really, not in the last 5 years.

2) Why should another random player be able to skip any replay of mine? That isn't fair

3) I want to see the goal in real time, then the replay at different angles, especially when recording clips from my Xbox One. This is paramount, otherwise the recording of the replay is cut shortcut and abused by the other player.

4) It's my replay, why should he/she be able to skip my play and my experience.

Please please think about it, I was getting so frustrated with players skipping my replays and ruining my experience.

I'm glad this change has been implemented and will come to console soon.

Moderators, do you have any clue when the patch is coming to Xbox or PS4??

Many thanks

Episode 13

• forearms
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Just watch it after the match if it was so great?
  • UoD
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    UoD wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

Appreciate you are no doubt stretched, but will there be any acknowledgement from the EA Team of the themes in this Pitch Notes thread?

I'm trying to see if we can get some clarification / more info on some of the common questions / feedback in the thread.

That’s fair, thanks.
  • Red_Saman
    47 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy Cam is still bugged in 3-5-2 bro. PLEASE FIX IT. It's killing me&cam players out here.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    OK EA - it's great that you have fixed some of the bugs, I don't understand how the bicycle kick bug even made it through your beta testing - what the heck were the testers doing? Please let me test FIFA 20 and you won't need to release a patch to fix such bugs!

Right, separate note - HOW ARE KICK OFF GOALS STILL A THING? You honestly must just ignore every bit of feedback regarding how to improve the game you get. When you score a goal in ultimate team it seems there's at least a 1 in 3 chance your opponent will score and IMMEDIATE goal - even when you reach 70 mins and it's 0-0... and of a sudden bang you both score in the space of 3 minutes, come on EA you've had years to fix this bug now, what are you doing?!

A.I. defending needs to been nerfed - just a touch to reward those who manually defend more, contain/auto defend is overpowered - but you should know this unless if you listen at all.
  • so... any news on fixing transfers in player and manager career mode? my player hasnt had any club make an offer to buy since fifa 17 still? this is a pretty big bug for the only mode a lot of us are interested in. and no, bugging all other modes unbreakably wont make me want to even LOOK at FUT. but it HAS made me choose not to buy any more fifa games unless its PROVEN to me that career mode player pros can have other clubs look at and try to buy them.
  • ThomasHK1979
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How long should it take to get it out on PS4???
  • Pila4life
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    JRM1984 wrote: »
    OK EA - it's great that you have fixed some of the bugs, I don't understand how the bicycle kick bug even made it through your beta testing - what the heck were the testers doing? Please let me test FIFA 20 and you won't need to release a patch to fix such bugs!

Right, separate note - HOW ARE KICK OFF GOALS STILL A THING? You honestly must just ignore every bit of feedback regarding how to improve the game you get. When you score a goal in ultimate team it seems there's at least a 1 in 3 chance your opponent will score and IMMEDIATE goal - even when you reach 70 mins and it's 0-0... and of a sudden bang you both score in the space of 3 minutes, come on EA you've had years to fix this bug now, what are you doing?!

A.I. defending needs to been nerfed - just a touch to reward those who manually defend more, contain/auto defend is overpowered - but you should know this unless if you listen at all.

I would like to second this remark @EA_Andy . Kickoff goals are ridiculous same thing goes for the 90th minute.

Defending is a joke. There is absolutely no way way to break down the defensive AI. And finally why on Earth is it easier to score a volley from outside the box(or anywhere for that matter) than a 1v1.

Also when this game was released players like Kroos and David Silva we're actually usable. You secretly changed the gameplay and now they are not.
  • It will be great if you add Push-to-talk function in fifa19!
  • ThomasHK1979
    It’s ridiculous it should take this long to get the patch released to PS4!!!
  • Does anyone know if this new patch will work on a existing career save? Thank you
  • ThomasHK1979
    Does anyone know if this new patch will work on a existing career save? Thank you

Don’t count on it.
  • SquallPT
    45 posts Park Captain
    About the replay skip.
    I know it's the worst when my opponent scores a random goal and has no shame to view the replay.
    But i saw people saying " you want to see the replay, watch at the end of the game ", that is OK but there is a problem.
    On pro clubs, when the game ends, you have 30 seconds to watch the replay. Or less, if it takes some time to get to the menu.
    And the clip looks better when i save it with the full play and at least one replay at the end.
  • After this new update there is too much lag and stutter in online games. Please get this fixed. It's just too frustrating.
  • Captain_Emirate
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Not all bugs have been fixed ! Hope the other be fixed in November update.
  • Sk Rapid Wien 1899
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DX 12 still NOT WORKING since the last two patches,

it worked WITHOUT PROBLEMS at RELEASE on my GTX 980 TI
    over 50h and the full Journey mode.

Could you fix this again, so that it works like before the patches ?

And yes I am able to play the game in DX11 mode …
  • I'm sorry I always try to defend Fifa but this game is really bad.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    What is going on with EA?! Communication, In-Depth Patch and Release notes, patches that actually fix important bugs and flaws? Eplaining how the game works?

I can't believe what's happening <3
  • Greetings.
    Just a few thoughts:

I agree with a lot of people in the community that the reliance on AI to defend is a negative in the game experience and a more manual approach should be rewarded. Even though I recently adopted this approach and have seen a significant improvement in my results in FUT (currently Div 4 in Rivals 1777SR). My fear with manual defending is that the attacker has a bit of an unfair advantage at times. After making well timed tackles the opponent escapes with the ball far too often or the ball will bounce directly into the path of another one of his players and due to the terribly slow reaction time of defenders I am unable to recover (reactions in loose ball situations is a significant issue in and of itself and could do with some addressing). Also, I know that it is a mechanic in FIFA that is true to life where if you sprint, the ball will often be pushed out of reach but I feel it is more accurately represented in scenarios with attackers than with defenders. There are moments where, if I do not sprint I have no chance of making an interception, but when I do make a well timed interception, due to this game mechanic, I still am forced to push the ball away to the attackers benefit even after making a very good read of play to intercept.

ALL IN ALL: I would love if there was less reliance on AI defending, but the mechanics need to be adjusted to properly reward manual defending first.

YOUR WORK IS APPRECIATED. PEACE AND LOVE.
  • THE CAM POSITION STILL CRASH
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Regarding the whole replay skipping topic - they ran a vote and the overwhelming majority of players were in favor of skipping replays - so EA did what it does best - released a patch and took it out :D @EA_Andy
  • therealmerk33
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not that it will ever be changed but in pro clubs and playing with pro camera, the radar at the bottom is flipped upside down.

For example you’re moving forward in game, but on the radar your team is at the top of the screen moving down. It is completely unusable. @EA_Andy if this could be passed forward again to developers
  • Ten000_days
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In player career mode you do not get the achievements for winning the league .. beins this is one of the only ways to level up your player that’s absurd .. training takes forever as well ... last year it was the headers that you didn’t get now this year it’s winning the league ... and there are achievements that you will never get because you can’t have your player have more than one position .. if your a forward you get no midfielder achievements or defensive achievements and vice versa so why not put more achievements for each position and not show the ones you will never get ? That’s just stupid to have them there ..... I thought the whole boot issue of skipping certain packs was cleared up in FIFA18 but obviously not with the current Nike pack not in the game as well as the CR7 boots beins he is the cover star ...... and how do you not have 3rd kits for Chelsea Man City Everton and Crystal Palace when you have the EPL license ??
  • so... any news on fixing transfers in player and manager career mode? my player hasnt had any club make an offer to buy since fifa 17 still? this is a pretty big bug for the only mode a lot of us are interested in. and no, bugging all other modes unbreakably wont make me want to even LOOK at FUT. but it HAS made me choose not to buy any more fifa games unless its PROVEN to me that career mode player pros can have other clubs look at and try to buy them.

100% agree. Main reason I buy the game is for that but it's been an issue every year it seems.
  • When using manual passing and you play as the goalkeeper, he doesn't roll the ball on the floor like would make sense, instead, he makes a big slow loopy toss that almost gets picked off 9 times out of 10...I like the challenge of playing manual, but it's disappointing that this happens. It wasn't in the demo either
  • CraigyFrazzle
    1 posts
    edited October 2018
    Yeah so how many updates do we go through before we get promoted players face scans put in the game? come on EA, the games been out a month now and it's still not in a state where it should have been on release day. We're talking about changing a face, not going in depth and changing the gameplay.

Oh and based on the players we've seen have face scans for the upcoming update, say Wolves for example. We have players not scanned who were in their squad last season, but players who they signed in the summer are scanned. Leo Bonatini is scanned...but a player like Helder Costa isn't? but you manage to scan Joao Moutinho who just signed in the summer but not Adama Traore?
  • Tony_Shi_7
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    @EA_Andy I am a Chinese mainland player. Except for the fact that we don't have any server but a large number of players are out here trying to enjoy the game which is really disappointing, we could find our own ways to enjoy as much as we can for example using shadowsocks. Maybe it is an EA management thing that the technical team can not influence.

I have noticed with the new title patch, for division rivals as an example, we could not achieve 5 green latency any more with the same shadowsocks. (which is fine if the in game plays can be felt the same way as before) But personally, I feel the lag has become more apparent than before after this patch. (also some others feel the same way) and I lost 10 games in straight after this patch which never happened before.

I am not sure what you did for this, and I don't know if this will also affect a lot of FUT champions since it has not begun yet for this week. but it was really fluent (relatively) in Division rivals and also FUT champions before this patch with my current shadowsocks.

last year, we don't even need shadowsocks for the seasons because it was point to point connection and it was OK (however FUT champions was a disappointment since it needs server). but this year, the division rivals which I believe is to replace the online season, has become a server-needed mode. however, I tried a lot games with my shadowsocks for division rivals (also FUT champions), and it was not that bad until you made this patch.

I really hope you guys can do something to help us in Mainland China, the latency problem is the primary problem in FIFA plays. We don't really care about bicycle kicks but I still thank you for making some good changes though.

Post edited by Tony_Shi_7 on
  • tidra
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Hello @EA_Andy : after latests update in career mode stadium flags /banners are missing in the stadium for many english teams, for example luton town and tottenham hotspur. Before update in career mode the flags were present, after update I started new careers and the flags were missing. Please bring them back as I think these flags are a great asset of playing.