Why artificially inflate the icon market?

ccooaattssyy
7914 posts League Winner
No icons under 600k-ridiculous.

They need to introduce tradeable/untraceable base and mid icon SBCs or something.

It’s depressing that a huge portion of icons are basically just SBC fodder.

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    7914 posts League Winner
    Discuss btw.

ICONS ARE FRIENDS NOT FODDER.
  • cdbuck26
    3375 posts National Call-Up
    Don't have any icon sbc's except ones that don't require icons...
  • ccooaattssyy
    7914 posts League Winner
    They should just do it around high rated NIFs and TOTW.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7914 posts League Winner
    They should just do it around high rated NIFs and TOTW.
  • Hibee
    12073 posts Has That Special Something
    They have completely destroyed the Icon market. That and RDR2 will stop me playing the game. 85 rated Icons should be totally affordable to most players. They have to release Base Icon SBCs again.
  • Diggy
    13638 posts Has That Special Something
    I thought they learnt from last year they didn’t there only interest is to keep pack value high
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    They will bring them down. Dont worry soon icon base sbc will be released. They just don't want icons to cost 150k.

Bad for business.
  • Whoman
    5424 posts Big Money Move
    Diggy wrote: »
    I thought they learnt from last year they didn’t there only interest is to keep pack value high

Not even that. 99% of all packed cards are 84 and under, which are worth nothing.
  • ha032742
    35219 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Blarix wrote: »
    They will bring them down. Dont worry soon icon base sbc will be released. They just don't want icons to cost 150k.

Bad for business.

This is correct. I do see elite icons continuing to go up for a little while until they start releasing the elite icon SBCs though :/

Pack weight must be very low given we have 50k packs in store and not that many more icons on the market.
  • Richard
    11448 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone got previous Baby Icon SBC requirements?
  • Dan is Clutch
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    Richard wrote: »

83 rated squad 1 IF 40 chem
    84 rated squad 1 IF 40 chem
    85 rated squad 60 chem
  • Adifunky
    748 posts Semi-Pro

Bad for business.

Yeah that's true, however though the sets that are on now will be expired..
    I don't think they'll release them until next year knowing EA.
  • Richard
    11448 posts Has That Special Something
    Richard wrote: »

83 rated squad 1 IF 40 chem
    84 rated squad 1 IF 40 chem
    85 rated squad 60 chem

I'll stack soon then.
  • Hibee
    12073 posts Has That Special Something

Bad for business.

I don’t disagree with keeping them at a price. But 600k for those players is bonkers.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Diggy wrote: »

This isn’t keeping pack value high. Requiring 87, 88 rated teams would do that.
  • LuckyStrikE
    3379 posts National Call-Up
    Actually 81-83 rated challenges would make pack value highest
  • xFATAL
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    They have completely destroyed the Icon market. That and RDR2 will stop me playing the game. 85 rated Icons should be totally affordable to most players. They have to release Base Icon SBCs again.

I was trading Icons daily but they've all gotten so expensive now I just don't find many deals anymore. Sold pretty much everything I own and have a cheaper team and I'll just wait till Black Friday and Play RDR2 and BO4 till than.
  • LazyFIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA with another clever idea that'll push people away from the game. Who in their right mind wants to pay 700k-1m for a baby icon (some exceptions like R9, Cruyff, Pele etc)
  • Kamilflage
    4942 posts National Call-Up
    Idk I still think it's the coin sellers picking up most of the elite icons and just holding on to them/selling them for inflated prices. It's only logical that if Gullit is selling first 3.5+ people will think that's his price and theres only 3 real ways to gain coins: fifa points, buy second hand, or trade. Many dont have the time to trade and let's face is fifa points are a huge rip off...so....buying second hand becomes the most attractive option
  • iggypop
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    if they release an elite icon set soon, with likes of Henry etc... can imagine they will require 2 or 3 icons in the sbc! no way they cant bring out the icon sbc