Be honest: is the game better now than it was on release?

Quaid
80 posts Park Captain
Look, I know there are 100 posts a day like this. But this year the game has been patched into oblivion about 2 months faster than 18 was. The gameplay feels infinitely worse than it did 2 weeks ago. Selling my team and buying RDR2. Last fifa I am buying. Last year I gave up around January. Because of the gameplay changes. Never thought I would be quitting this quickly :(

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    4326 posts National Call-Up
    Shut the door on your way out
  • Release was much better to be honest. But, oh well. I will keep playing. I am a glutton for punishment.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, it's worse, without a shadow of a doubt... It's just Pure nonsense. Hope you enjoy RDR2. I'll stick around for a little bit more, wishing EA wake up and Change things (i know, i'm crazy lol), but i'll probably soon follow.
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    Yeah, it's worse, without a shadow of a doubt... It's just Pure nonsense. Hope you enjoy RDR2. I'll stick around for a little bit more, wishing EA wake up and Change things (i know, i'm crazy lol), but i'll probably soon follow.

People complained because the game was different. Near post headers op and bicycle kicks I get it.

Now it just feels like it did at the end of last year. Some people say it’s Frostbite. Some people say it’s cutting servers. How can this maximize your profit if so many people want to stop playing wtf EA. -Less strain on servers for those who don’t buy packs good riddance?
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Will be quitting as well. The game isn't fun anymore and it started with the introduction of fut champs. Removing casual divisions for the 2nd competitive mode (Division Rivals) gave me the rest.

And I didn't mention the gameplay/connection issues yet.

Excited for RDR2 :D
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    Will be quitting as well. The game isn't fun anymore and it started with the introduction of fut champs. Removing casual divisions for the 2nd competitive mode (Division Rivals) gave me the rest.

This game is better for wannabe economists and stock traders- EA can manipulate the market, that’s fine with me...but why manipulate the gameplay itself? BTW been playing ult team since inception.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

I've literally just started RD! Can't wait to the game to load lol.
  • The button delay online is appalling and Squad Battles AI just cheats continually. I didn't play 18 for three months at the end of its lifespan and I only bought this game when it was discounted. I'm seriously considering just selling it while the value is still high.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something

• Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    This game wasn't great, and it was full of exploits, but at least I could have a decent game every now and again. It's gotten even worse over the past week. It's the same unresponsive, frustrating mess that last year became.

You never feel in control of your players as they lunge towards the ball, impossible to intercept ping pong passing, switching to players you don't want and you're constantly trying to break down 8 auto blocking machines in your opponents box. I'm pretty sure the 2-0 syndrome now kicks in, like last year.

Isn't it funny how narrow formations are the boss again, when at the start of the game wide formations were the best :expressionless:
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Lol look at you bud.
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    You can smash in top corner first time shots with Fred and Witsel, other times Kane can’t score from 5 yards, Lucas climbs above Ramos to score bullet headers, I can play perfect through balls with KDB or Eric Bailly. O. Dembele can smash a 90 strength defender off the ball.

Is this the worst Fifa ever created for an in game representation of the face card stats? They feel meaningless at times.
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    This game wasn't great, and it was full of exploits, but at least I could have a decent game every now and again. It's gotten even worse over the past week. It's the same unresponsive, frustrating mess that last year became.

You never feel in control of your players as they lunge towards the ball, impossible to intercept ping pong passing, switching to players you don't want and you're constantly trying to break down 8 auto blocking machines in your opponents box. I'm pretty sure the 2-0 syndrome now kicks in, like last year.

Isn't it funny how narrow formations are the boss again, when at the start of the game wide formations were the best :expressionless:

At least the game was unique for a few weeks! What the heck is the benefit to EA to change the game like this?
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Same reason why they wrecked last year's release game. I don't have a clue why they do it each year. People obviously weren't frustrated enough to buy packs, I guess
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    And I bought the 80$ version too LOL

Good thing I have the physical copy to trade in 🤕
  • tilen11
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    The game is poorly made. Ive quit for RDR2. Still have a decent team and 1m coins plus 400k of investments. Maybe it will change for the better and Ill come back in 2-3 months but i doubt it.
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    tilen11 wrote: »
    The game is poorly made. Ive quit for RDR2. Still have a decent team and 1m coins plus 400k of investments. Maybe it will change for the better and Ill come back in 2-3 months but i doubt it.

But did you feel this way last month in your first dozen games or so?
  • Paquetesousa
    Quaid wrote: »

I know i didn't. You could try different players to match different play Styles... Now they all feel the same and the Higher powers Will decide the outcome...
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    It felt more balanced to begin with. Passes going astray, dribble speed nerfed and tiki taka not being easy meant a balance in play, and the ability to be able to play a variety of ways.

Since however, pace has definitely returned in several forms. Accurate ping pong passing combined with player positioning, and manual defending being so unbelievably poor had lead to a dismal experience.

There's no football. Just arcade style game, and it's not that exciting to keep me interested with an end team Ifni have to experience the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I'll just end up playing offline FFS.
  • madwullie
    6440 posts Big Money Move
    Have I missed a patch?
  • tilen11
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    Quaid wrote: »

Thought the game was garbage on release
  • The game was infinitely better on release.

Now the stats are meaningless and it's all about pace again. Ridiculous that technical ability counts for nothing. Lucas is better than Messi FFS.
  • Paquetesousa
    L1AM_FIFA wrote: »
    The game was infinitely better on release.

Now the stats are meaningless and it's all about pace again. Ridiculous that technical ability counts for nothing. Lucas is better than Messi FFS.

The state this game is now is just a mockery and any insult to paying costumers. Always catering for the "pros"... Just create a game mode just for them, with auto aí defending, meaningless stats and the lot, the way they like it. US, true football fans keep getting ignored... I've Said this before: this is the last Ultimate Team. This mode is going down the drain. People are fed up a month INTO the game, that says it all...
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Has the latest patch even come to consoles yet?? I didn’t think it had. I haven’t noticed any difference
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Has the latest patch even come to consoles yet?? I didn’t think it had. I haven’t noticed any difference

Im pretty sure it hasnt, i could still see the est. date of my rivals opponents today, which was supposed to be patched out

and even if the patch would have already been out, the gameplay changes are minimal. they basically only nerfed volleys, the rest of the patch is just QOL changes and bugfixes.

People in this thread are just projecting to the max. complaining about the game when nothing has changed at all

edit:
    The change in gameplay from release is mostly due to people figuring out the game more and more. first weeks nobody knew what they were doing and best tactics and formations hadnt been discovered yet. as the game progresses the playerbase and playstyle evolves and the game gets faster because everybody is more used to it

edit 2:
    and to everybody praising release fifa 18, please take of the rose tinted glasses. the game was an absolute mess, you could score free longshots from 30 yards+ without effort every game because goalies were ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and defenders didnt autoblock yet. the timed finesse longshots we have now are nothing compared to the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that longshots caused in release fifa 18
  • Paquetesousa

The Patch did nothing, apparently. They can Change the game without even patching it lol they don't want to. Their loss
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    The game is 1000% different now than it was a week ago sir and I’ve played about 60 games this year (I know not a lot)
    ILevis wrote: »

Im pretty sure it hasnt, i could still see the est. date of my rivals opponents today, which was supposed to be patched out

and even if the patch would have already been out, the gameplay changes are minimal. they basically only nerfed volleys, the rest of the patch is just QOL changes and bugfixes.

People in this thread are just projecting to the max. complaining about the game when nothing has changed at all

edit:
    The change in gameplay from release is mostly due to people figuring out the game more and more. first weeks nobody knew what they were doing and best tactics and formations hadnt been discovered yet. as the game progresses the playerbase and playstyle evolves and the game gets faster because everybody is more used to it

edit 2:
    and to everybody praising release fifa 18, please take of the rose tinted glasses. the game was an absolute mess, you could score free longshots from 30 yards+ without effort every game because goalies were **** and defenders didnt autoblock yet. the timed finesse longshots we have now are nothing compared to the **** that longshots caused in release fifa 18

• Jamiebanksrfc1986
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Game is a total mess nothing to what real life football is nothing. And all goals well 9 out of 10 are finess shots 8 men in 18 yard box with mediocre at best passing. And nothing will change.

The auto block feature needs turned off and if not fix defending running auto at u 100mph then buff the he'll out attacking aI mean u can't even dribble in game u get round guy guess what pace been nerved to ground so they instantly catch back up.

If my op rushes cb out and I get ball through that 1vs1 with gk nope u are forced to either turn back or hold up play again as pace again been nefed.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spent all afternoon playing RDR 2 and even though I don't usually play other games I have been enjoying it.

Decide to play some WL.

Played 3 games and won all 3, fantastic some might say. I turned it off, the amount of bs and AI defending and high pressure blah blah blah is stressful and boring.

Weekend league last year was a chore but nothing on this.

I don't want to stop playing because I love football and the UT concept but I'm really disheveled with it.
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    Spent all afternoon playing RDR 2 and even though I don't usually play other games I have been enjoying it.

Decide to play some WL.

Played 3 games and won all 3, fantastic some might say. I turned it off, the amount of bs and AI defending and high pressure blah blah blah is stressful and boring.

Weekend league last year was a chore but nothing on this.

I don't want to stop playing because I love football and the UT concept but I'm really disheveled with it.

This is the right answer. I won a fut draft (game 4) apologizing to the guy through the mic during the whole second half. He was much better than I was - but I was destined to win and I knew it from 60th min when my keeper saved about 10 of his shots which should’ve been goals and I scored a header in the 89th to win. Some will say epic win. But it felt so dirty, because I knew...
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    Game is a total mess nothing to what real life football is nothing. And all goals well 9 out of 10 are finess shots 8 men in 18 yard box with mediocre at best passing. And nothing will change.

The auto block feature needs turned off and if not fix defending running auto at u 100mph then buff the he'll out attacking aI mean u can't even dribble in game u get round guy guess what pace been nerved to ground so they instantly catch back up.

If my op rushes cb out and I get ball through that 1vs1 with gk nope u are forced to either turn back or hold up play again as pace again been nefed.

Hey bud thanks for sharing. I agree with some of your points.
    I’m not worried about the park the bus feature but moreso how the game feels to play. Having your shots blocked is one thing but feeling like your players stats don’t matter is another complete topic. The game feels way different than when it first came out...